How do you Print Orders?

Seemingly simple question here, but I cannot figure out
the answer. Or at least the easy answer

How do I print a complete order?

I fill in products, quanities, recalculate values and now
I want to print and fax the quote to the customer...

If I hit the print button on the quote, it prints all info
from each of the tabs on the account. It does not refer to
the products or quantities.

If I go to the product level, hit the print (on the
individual window, not the main window) button, it prints
the product(s) chosen, price per unit, quantity and
extended amount for products that are on that screen (no
write in products) and no information about the customer.
Not very useful.

If I change to the write in product tab, it does the same
as above, ignoring existing product and customer info...

If you promote to an Order, same deal.

If you promote to an Invoice, same deal.

Shouldn't that be a simple task?

Thanks In Advance,

Jim

0
Jim
2/10/2004 6:23:44 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This issue is something that has perplexed many people.
It seems, like you have found, to be a major oversight.
If you look through this forum, and others out there
you'll find many people trying to do this, and not
succeeding.

My next line of attack is to try to do it using Crystal,
and I'll post any successes here.

Sorry not to be able to bear better news.

Gill

0
Gill
2/11/2004 12:44:30 AM
Gill,

I am not surprised by this, I was just so confused by it
not being there....

Thanks for filling me in.  Good luck on the Crystal
route...

Jim

0
Jim
2/13/2004 7:28:00 PM
I discoved this about a month or so ago, which i was told
by Microsoft this was done by design...hmmmm.  Anyway we
have created an aspx page that calls a crystal report.  It
is working great.  It will have to work until they figure
out that a quote, order, invoice should have line item
details on it!! What a concept. :)

0
Jill
2/24/2004 12:29:39 AM
We just released a product for MS CRM that allows you to print customizable
quotes, orders and invoices directly from MS CRM.  The forms include
line-item details, and can be used from the Outlook Client or the web
client.

For more info: http://www.greaterthantwo.com/srv_crmprint.aspx

Mike

"Jill" <jill.willman@sagepub.com> wrote in message
> I discoved this about a month or so ago, which i was told
> by Microsoft this was done by design...hmmmm.  Anyway we
> have created an aspx page that calls a crystal report.  It
> is working great.  It will have to work until they figure
> out that a quote, order, invoice should have line item
> details on it!! What a concept. :)

0
GreaterThanTwo

Printing with Laser Printers
Hello, I have recently made a program that uses MFC (it's a dialog app not a SDI/MDI app so there is no built in printing support). I was able to get it to print out stuff however I noticed that when I went from one printer to another printer the output varied alot (for instance on one laser printer the output was very small and overlapped one another) My question is, are there any ways to set GDI so that the printed output is consistent from one printer to another and if so how? Thanks in advance Sincerely, James Simpson James, You must, when drawing, take care of the differe...

transparencies are printing opaque instead of transparent
All shadows and pictures set on color transparent, transparent gradient, or a certain percentage transparent, are printing opaque instead of transparent. It shows up transparent on the file when I set it, but shows opaque in the print preview mode, and then prints opaque as well. ...

Lost the capability to print from file to send to onenote?
I lost the capability to be able to send something to onenote from the print to menu. It happened once before and for the life of me I cannot remember what I did that time to get it back. I tried repairing microsoft office ultimate from both disks, I've did to separate system restores and it is still not showing up in the print menu that I can send to onenote. Can anyone help me with this problem? LOVEABLKWN wrote: >I lost the capability to be able to send something to onenote from the > print to menu. It happened once before and for the life of me I > cannot re...

Print a listing of Bills, Payee's and thier addresses?
Hi, I looked in the group, and wasn't able to find an answer to the following question: Is there a way to print a listing of all my bills with the Payees' addressess and my account numbers? I'd like to have one consolidated sheet, so that I can have a reference come Bill Day ... the blood suckers LOL Thanks for any help! LightFighter ...

11x17 printing #2
I am trying to print 4 up postcards on 11x17 paper - I have set it up correctly, preview shows 4up, but it prints with smaller size cards like it is being shrunk- does nayone rint 4 up postcards with Publisher on 11x17 paper? Setup your printer first to tabloid, Publisher will follow. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "daretobe" <daretobe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:912A3EA4-8948-4306-B665-B122004A9EA3@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print 4 up postcards on 11x17 paper - I have...

Rounding for order size
I'm doing a forecast using some formulas. I want the result to take in consideration the minimun order size. For example if my forecast is 38 I want the result to be expressed as 48 which is the minimun package size. The same for example if forecast is 500 I want it to show 480 or 528 which are the actual amounts that I can request. How can I do this? FA Hi! So, what you want to do is round to the nearest multiple of 48? =ROUND(A1/48,0)*48 Biff "FA" <FA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6E4BD59-5B85-487E-98B7-96E568FB1E44@microsoft.com......

How to check for numbers in ascending order?
Hi, I have a dataset coming back from an application screen where I have to check that the values in a set of fields are in ascending order. Is there an easy way to do this in SQL? I've written the following code using a WHILE loop (which works), but wondered if there was a better way of doing this i.e. using a CTE or similar? Here's the temp table that I've created to hold the values with an added row number: row_number row_id entry_value 1 101965 23000.00 2 101966 24000.00 3 101967 22000.00 ...

Embedded pictures in email won't print
Pictures in email will not print, only a red X. Computer has Outlook 2003 SP1, W2k SP3. I have other computers where this is not an issue. I have made sure that all internets settings are set to default, but to no avail. Does anyone have a concrete solution? LF ...

unwanted: Zoom adjust when adjusting Print Scale
Would someone be willing to review the file and advise. when in Print Preview - if I adjust the print scale - then the zoom ( screen view ) adjust and not the printed view. I have several co-workers which have had the same issue happen to them. It has to be a file setting - as other excel files do not do this. When I go to Page Break Layout and try to drag the blue dotted line - nothing happens, it will not move - or - it moves and gives me an error "Margins do not fit page size" and I will get blue dotted lines around all cells and 100's of pages. Have you change the page ...

Print 3 receipts in one register
I have 2 printers, one for receipt and the other for reports. In the Store Operation Manager I have configured Printer1 for sales receipt format and printer 2 for gift receipt format. Physically they share the same printer,the receipt printer. How can I print a third full page receipt by the report printer? -- Nothing Unfortunately you can't, you can only have the 2 defined per Register. Rob "NothingMuch" <NothingMuch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ABF2B40-5DD7-489D-852C-6A1ABC8E59B5@microsoft.com... >I have 2 printers, one for receipt and t...

Table of Conents Out of Order`
Using Word 2007 and I have created a Table of Contents within a frame (working on a newsletter). The TOC is picking up its data from styles and it works perfectly, except the items within the table of contents are out of order. For example, I have two articles on page 1 and the second article title is showing first in the table of contents. Suggestions? As always, thank you for any help you can provide. If the articles are in text boxes, it could be that the "second" article is anchored to a paragraph that actually precedes the paragraph to which the "first&q...

Eamail address does not print
We have moved a few weeks ago to exchange 2000 from exchange 5.5. In recent weeks we have been experiencing some behaviour changes in outlook 2000 SR1 (outlook was not upgraded). When we print an outlook email, some emails only print out the name of the email's sender and not the email address, which is displayed on the screen. For example: If we have an email and the sender is John Citizen [john@test.com] then when we print the email the sender is printed as John Citizen This does not happened for every email. Some we get the whole thing and some only the name. I have tried to see i...

How can I print only select sheets in my workbook?
My workbook has 12 sheets, but I want to print the second through ninth sheet exclusively, each time I hit print. (I do this once a week.) How do I do it? Excel 2007 Select sheet2 then hold SHIFT key and click on sheet9 File>Print>Active Sheet(s) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:14:00 -0700, MVictoreen <MVictoreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My workbook has 12 sheets, but I want to print the second through ninth sheet >exclusively, each time I hit print. (I do this once a week.) How do I do it? >Excel 2007 Hi MVictoreen! As an optional m...

Cannot change received PO to Change Order
Great Plains will not allow me to change a Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: I'm not sure if this matters, but we recieved more than we ordered, which happens quite frequently. Here is the message I get: "This line can't be changed to Released or Change Order. A Received line can be changed to Change Order if it has a quantity cancelled." WHY IS THAT???? However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: "The Quantity Cancelled must be less than the remaining quantity. Please enter a new quantity". How can I re-open this Purchas...

Order of Category in X-axis
Good day everybody, I have a chart looks like this : A3 | A2 | A1 | -------|------------------- I would like it to be like this : A1 | A2 | A3 | -------|------------------- I remember I can reverse my Category in X-axis by clicking a reverse option when I used Excel 2000. But now I couldn't do the same with Excel 2002. I will appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Julie Julie - Double click the axis, click on the Scale tab, and check the Categories (or Values) in Reverse Order box. You probably also will want to check the A...

graphing ordered non-numeric value
How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on the x-axis? Hi Mkchu, > How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very > Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on > the x-axis? Probably the easiest way is to give each of them a number (e.g. Failed = 0, Excellent = 6) and plot those. Then format the Y axis to show markers but no labels and use text boxes for the labels. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel...

printing worksheet on 3x5 card
I would like to know if it is possible to print a worksheet the size of a 3x5 card, so I can use it with my flashcards for school? Printerchallenged, if you printer supports this size paper then, file page setup, set paper size to 3x5, excel gets the paper size from your printer settings -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "printerchallenged" <printerchallenged@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Printing PO according to Description or by SKU
When printing out PO's they come out in Random order. This is a headache when searching for something on the Purchase Order. When you have 6 related products and they are not grouped on the PO printout. They are all over the page. Not to mention my suppliers mess up the orders because they are so hard to read. It would make life easier to see them filter by Description or by SKU since most items in the same catagory/family have the same bar code. I was shocked when they could not do this. Its like writing a document....all the words are there but when you go to print out, all...

Bug: printing of a specific page range is broken in MFC-VS2005
If you create an MFC application that includes printing support, and your application does print-time pagination as described in this MSDN library topic: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w7wzay73(VS.80).aspx then specifying printing of a specific range of pages in the print dialog does not work. The application always prints all pages of the document. To see this problem download and build the WordPad sample MFC application. Start a new blank document, then paste into it enough text to fill several pages. Choose Print from the File menu. Choose a print range of page 1 to page 1....

When Using a PropertySheet in Wizard Mode Can we Change the Order of sheets at runtime
Hey Friends I am creating a Wizard Using Property Sheet According to User Selection of Data in First Page I want that only one of the PropertySheet should be visible with a Fnish Button But I have added 4 More Property Pages Whereas i want only one of them to appear. Take a look at the CPropertySheet::SetActivePage() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OaKnxZauDHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hey Friends > > I am creating a Wizard Using Prop...

deleting a closed purchase order
When we first set up RMS we tested the system creating fictitious purchase orders numbers (no sequence). Now when I have RMS create a new PO for a return the system assignes a number sequentially form those firsat test po numbers. How can I delete or reassign Po numbers? Thank you, -Harry ...

Tab order for CEdit's and CButton's in a CFrameWnd
Hi, let me first say that I have successfully in the past set the Z-order at run-time in a CDialog using SetWindowPos() I have a CFrameWnd-derived class, exported from an MFC Extension DLL, in which I am trying to use the SetWindowPos() approach to set Z-order on an array of CEdit controls CEdit* m_edtFieldEdit[FIELDCOUNT] ... create CEdit's using CreateEx with WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE, and WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD|WS_TABSTO CEdit* pedtAfter=NULL for (cnt=0; cnt<FIELDCOUNT; cnt++ CEdit* pedtCurrent=m_edtFieldEdit[cnt] if (pedtCurrent!=NULL if (cnt==0 pedtCurrent->SetWindowPos(&...

Macro for Printing
I set up a macro for a printer because I use multiple printers in Excel. I want to use the macro on multiple workbooks in Excel. I want page 1 to print on letterhead and page 2 to print on plain paper. Sometimes there is only one page and I want that to print on letterhead. I put an icon on my toolbar which contains the macro, tt appeared that the macro was working, however, it prints either both pages on plain paper or both pages on letterhead. I think I need to edit the macro, but don't know the coding to get it right, can any of you excel experts help me? I'm not su...

Printing statements
I have Money 2005. I don't want to print all of the pages in one particular statement. I tried highlighting the first item want to print then going to the last one, holding down the Shift key ... no joy. Same with the Ctrl key. How can I tell the page numbers of items I wish to print? -- Cheers, Helen hramsay at cogeco dot ca Defender of M$OE It's not possible in Money. An alternative would be to use a print driver such as FinePrint, which will allow you to select the number of pages (among other things) before you commit to print. -- "The Real Fifeshire Bimbo" &...

Outlook XP Printing
When printing an email, the first half of the message prints off then it skips to a new page to print the second half. Why? ...