How do you access custom entities with javascript?

I'm about to pull my hair out.  I have no problem accessing system
attributes, but the second I try to get or set a value for a custom
attribute, I get an error (null or not an object).  My problem is I am
checking the changed input to a field, and if it fails a certain
criteria, I need to reset the original value.  The best way I could
think to do this was to store this value in a new attribute and then
restore it if needed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
jsankovitch
8/4/2006 3:09:40 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

jsankovitch@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm about to pull my hair out.  I have no problem accessing system
> attributes, but the second I try to get or set a value for a custom
> attribute, I get an error (null or not an object).  My problem is I am
> checking the changed input to a field, and if it fails a certain
> criteria, I need to reset the original value.  The best way I could
> think to do this was to store this value in a new attribute and then
> restore it if needed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
jsankovitch
8/4/2006 3:21:06 PM
You access them in the same way as predefined attributes. However they must
be included in the form, otherwise crmForm.all.yourcustomfield is not
defined.

You may try to use

    crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.getAttribute("value")

to access the initial value of the field in your OnChange event. You can
also create your own attributes. In the OnLoad event:

    crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.setAttribute("lastKnownGood",
crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.DataValue)

and then accessing it it the OnChange event:

if (checkFailed) {
    crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.DataValue =
crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.getAttribute("lastKnownGood");
}

else{

--
Michael

http://www.stunnware.com/crm2

<jsankovitch@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'm about to pull my hair out.  I have no problem accessing system
> attributes, but the second I try to get or set a value for a custom
> attribute, I get an error (null or not an object).  My problem is I am
> checking the changed input to a field, and if it fails a certain
> criteria, I need to reset the original value.  The best way I could
> think to do this was to store this value in a new attribute and then
> restore it if needed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Michael
8/4/2006 3:43:09 PM
Thanks for getting back to me, but I do have a question...  What do you
mean it must be included in the form?

Michael H=F6hne wrote:
> You access them in the same way as predefined attributes. However they mu=
st
> be included in the form, otherwise crmForm.all.yourcustomfield is not
> defined.
>
> You may try to use
>
>     crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.getAttribute("value")
>
> to access the initial value of the field in your OnChange event. You can
> also create your own attributes. In the OnLoad event:
>
>     crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.setAttribute("lastKnownGood",
> crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.DataValue)
>
> and then accessing it it the OnChange event:
>
> if (checkFailed) {
>     crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.DataValue =3D
> crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.getAttribute("lastKnownGood");
> }
>
> else{
>     crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.setAttribute("lastKnownGood",
> crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.DataValue);
> }
>

> --
> Michael
>
> http://www.stunnware.com/crm2

> <jsankovitch@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I'm about to pull my hair out.  I have no problem accessing system
> > attributes, but the second I try to get or set a value for a custom
> > attribute, I get an error (null or not an object).  My problem is I am
> > checking the changed input to a field, and if it fails a certain
> > criteria, I need to reset the original value.  The best way I could
> > think to do this was to store this value in a new attribute and then
> > restore it if needed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
jsankovitch
8/4/2006 4:58:29 PM
After you have created an attribute, it is available in the form designer.
Open the main application form and select "Insert Field". Your custom
attribute will be included in the list of available fields.

All fields that are added to the form will be part of the crmForm.all
collection. If a field is not added, it's not in the form and therefore you
cannot access it through JavaScript.

--

Michael H�hne wrote:
> You access them in the same way as predefined attributes. However they
> must
> be included in the form, otherwise crmForm.all.yourcustomfield is not
> defined.
>
> You may try to use
>
>     crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.getAttribute("value")
>
> to access the initial value of the field in your OnChange event. You can
> also create your own attributes. In the OnLoad event:
>
>     crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.setAttribute("lastKnownGood",
> crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.DataValue)
>
> and then accessing it it the OnChange event:
>
> if (checkFailed) {
>     crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.DataValue =
> crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.getAttribute("lastKnownGood");
> }
>
> else{
>     crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.setAttribute("lastKnownGood",
> crmForm.all.fieldToCheck.DataValue);
> }
>

> --
> Michael
>
> http://www.stunnware.com/crm2

> <jsankovitch@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I'm about to pull my hair out.  I have no problem accessing system
> > attributes, but the second I try to get or set a value for a custom
> > attribute, I get an error (null or not an object).  My problem is I am
> > checking the changed input to a field, and if it fails a certain
> > criteria, I need to reset the original value.  The best way I could
> > think to do this was to store this value in a new attribute and then
> > restore it if needed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Michael
8/4/2006 8:12:22 PM
Excellent, thanks a lot.  I really appreciate all the help.

0
jsankovitch

Can't see Potential Customers in Offline Mode
When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view them, I cannot see the Potential Customers for the accounts I don't own, even though they are shared out to me and I'm a CRM admin. Why is it doing this? Thanks. -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies Hi, You have to define rules for offline mode in Menu CRM. By default, only rule for "My Account" are defined. Regards, Andrey "Kyle Conquy" wrote: > When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view > them, I cannot see the Potential Customers fo...

Access Database; Use for clients
I need sorten amount of space for my college and business in access how do work this in Office Proffesional 2007? Douglas >...sorten sorten amount of space ... sorten is not a word as far as I know. certain amount of space? sorting amount of space? > how do work this in Office Proffesional 2007? work what? what exactly do you want to do? Regardless of what you mean by sorten, it is also unclear what you are asking. -- HTH, George "Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FCB82BE-4FF1-4FC3-98A7-1FC350C62694@microsoft.com... >I need...

I want access to ask for a number then use that number to print la
I have a table with all of the parts nessicary to build a component. I want the operator to enter the work order number and quantity required. I want Access to print out labels which contain all of the parts in my table and print the work order number on each label as well as multiply the quantity the operator entered by the quantity of each part in the table. So you want a user to enter a Work Order #, Component, and Quantity, and have the label print out part numbers and quantities? You can build a form with three text boxes on it and have the user fill out WO#, qty and Component. Y...

how can I disable TouchPad scrolling is a access form with VB code

I got dozens of first chance exception of type "Access violation exception" in the CDialog::Create
I derive my own CMyDialog class from CDialog,and got may first chance exception in the Output Window, but the program run fine. does these exception really not matter? How can i get rid of them? Do like we all do: ignore them. joe On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:32:57 +0800, "booker" <rekoob@163.net> wrote: >I derive my own CMyDialog class from CDialog,and got may first chance >exception in the Output Window, but the program run fine. > >does these exception really not matter? >How can i get rid of them? > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.co...

Exporting files from Access into Excel
I'm not sure whether to put this message in Access or Excel, but here goes. I exported data from an Access database into Excel (using versions 2002). One of the fields was a text field. For some reason, when it was imported into Excel, the field was cropped to 255 characters. Which is fine, if that's how it does it. But there a couple of cases where it left 285 characters. Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks, Suroor I bet that the data type was Memo in the Access table. Here's a good source for that issue: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html -- Jerry ...

Please help with Hotmail "US" Access through Outlook.
Hi, I am in need of a bit of assistance. I have been trying to access my hotmail plus account through Outlook and it is proving to be impossible. The strange thing is that I am having no problems accessing my other e-mail addresses through outlook though ??? PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!! contact me at; robertsmith141@hotmail.com if you are able to assist me PLEASE. -- Robert Smith What version of Outlook are you using? "robert smith" <robertsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1EB090F-5E1B-4975-B2BA-A0931A97F754@microsoft.com... > Hi, > &...

Unbound option groups and form's RecordSource in Access 2007
I have a form that contains unbound option groups and an unbound combo box in the form header section. The form itself is bound to a query, but in the Load event I set the form's RecordSource to something like: SELECT * FROM [query] WHERE FALSE; This has the effect of hiding all of the data fields on the form, leaving only the option groups and combo box showing. The option groups are used to limit the items that show in the combo box, and the combo box is used to select an item to view on the form. When a selection is made in the combo box, the form's RecordSource is modified ...

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
Hi i'm getting this error when trying to browse through folder at any of the office applications "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" however i do the same from notepad for example and it works fine please help thanks Hi Jacobo, your Outlook version is? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicshareware.com "Jacobo" <jacven@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1141757044.167158.235250@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com......

Exchange 2007 Outlook Web Access
Hi All, I have Exchange 2007 server. I asked clients to check email by using Outlook Web access. When I setup client’s property for logon to their own computer, they could not use OWA, the error message is “The user name or password that you entered is not valid. Try entering it again.” But when I changed client’s property to logon to all computers, it works, they could check email by using OWA. Is any body can help me to fix the problem? I have to setup clients just only use their own computer. Thanks a lot. This is probably because they are authenticating to the...

MS CRM 4
Hi, We're using MS CRM 4.0. When we try to import customizations for a custom entity we keep getting the following error "Either the file could not be uploaded or import failed". It also says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it." We have already spent many hours trying to solve this, but without any success. Please help !!! Hi, This error typically comes when format of customization file is not proper. Can you please provide me more details. Please tell the details about system from which you have exporte...

How do I access a zip file after i have extracted it?
I am receiving zip files via email and have extracted file. Following this I am unable to view my file. What do I do? what happens when you try? Where are you saving it and how are you extracting it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "-"...

Parse a path for a file name in Access
Hi All, How do I parse a file path in Access for return the file name? Example c:\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\someFile.xls I want to query a table with this value and just return 'someFile.xls" no matter how long or short the path is. I can do this in SQL Server, but i am new to Access SQL and I can not figure it quite out. Any help is always appreciated. Cheers, ~ck On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:23:34 GMT, CK wrote: > Hi All, > How do I parse a file path in Access for return the file name? > Example > c:\somefolder\somefol...

open a 2002 file format with Access 2000
My database was created from Access 2000 and then was converted in Access 2002 format. My german colleague has only the Access 2000 software, so she obtained the following message "this database shows an unknown format, it has probably been created with a later version of access, you should update your access version". The problem is that, even after the use of the Access tool "converting into the previous version", she gets the message "could not create the database window, please update to a new version of internet explorer". I don't see what IE has ...

Access is blocked from sending emails via Outlook 2000
I have a few macros in Access that send out emails with data to a list. Since we moved to Outlook 2000, that functionality is no longer available. Outlook spits out a message asking user permission to proceed with this. Is there some way to turn off this warning on a user level? That is, I don't want my entire organization to be able to do this, just a couple of people. TIA, Poorna. You'll need to either change how you do it from access or use Click yes. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - O...

Custom chart problems
In creating a custom chart, Excel doesn't seem to keep the border an chart background settings at "None"...all the other formatting i retained (fonts, etc.), but the chart always reverts to a solid whit background and a thin black border around the chart. I have to go i manually and remove these each time. Is there any way of creating an retaining these 2 settings as default or as part of a custom chart? Thanks Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andrea - I've never noticed this behavior, but you're right, custom user-defined charts don't supp...

ZwQuerySecurityObject, FltQuerySecurityObject, ObGetObjectSecurity returning ACCESS DENIED on a network share file.
Hi all. Havent posted here for a while, but I wanted your opinion on this issue. The codes OK, on local files these functions are fine, but they all return DENIED on a network shared file. There is an SMB2 conversation during this process with a QUERY_INFORMATION Class=FileInfo sent to the system with the share, which responds with STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED QUERY_INFORMATION. From reading up in SMB (Microsoft call it CIFS) I saw this: "Each server makes a set of shared resources available to clients on the network. A resource being shared may be a directory tree, a printer, a na...

excel 2002 acting up after installation of access 97
hi there, I am running windows xp on my work laptop, which has word, excel, and powerpoint (all 2002). The only version of access I have is 97, I have installed it on the laptop but now when I go to run Excel it asks me for my Office XP installation disc. This wouldn't be a problem if my disc wasn't back at home. Is this going to continue even after I get the disc? Can 97 products work with an XP based system? hoping for some help. cheers chanchito Hi it should disappear once you have inserted the discs -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "chanchito_cojones&quo...

Does Access integrate with web pages?
I am begiinning to look into creating a web page and I also need to learn how to create a database for my wife's clients. Is this two seperate projects or can they be integrated to work with each other? "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I am begiinning to look into creating a web > page and I also need to learn how to create > a database for my wife's clients. Is this two > seperate projects or can they be integrated > to work with each other? A database created with Microsoft Access can be used on a website... that is, Tables...

access compare values and select higher of two
In Access database I want to compare the values in two fields in a form and then select the higher value, insert it into another field and then use in a formula. E.g. Value 1 = 500 Value 2 = 600, 600 to be inserted into another field and then be multiplied. On 11 apr, 21:26, Captain Turtle <Captain Tur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Access database I want to compare the values in two fields in a form a= nd > then select the higher value, insert it into another field and then use i= n a > formula. > > E.g. Value 1 =3D 500 =A0 Value 2 =3D 60...

if outlook allows message to be dragged to microsoft access
Would anyone know if outlook allows message to be dragged to microsoft access? Outlook express allows it but I only get a few columns of information from outlook. ...

Custom # format
Hello, I would like to display a number * 100, a percentage w/o the percent sign. For example, if I type in .55 I want the sheet to display the number as 55. How can I do this? Thanks -- jstalin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jstalin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27030 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=439704 I don't think you can. Can you just type 55 and use A1/100 in subsequent formulas? Or use a helper cell to display what you want? jstalin wrote: >...

Linking parameter query from Access to pivot table in Excel
I am trying to link an Access query that prompts for several criteria to an Excel pivot table. When I refresh the pivot table, I want it to open the database and run the query to update the data in the pivot table automatically. When I try to link to the data source, when I get to the end of the "Query Wizard", it gives me the error of "Not enough parameters. Expected 4". But it never prompts me for the parameters. Please help. Is there a setting I need to change or do I link the query differently to avoid "Microsoft Query" tool? You can't cr...

Unable to access folders after changing mail server
Hi, I am using MS outlook 2003(win xp) with lotus notes connector to access my office mails. Everything was working properly untill I changed my mail server to a new one. The nsf file was also copied to the new domino server. But after this my outlook stopped working. It shows below message while trying to access inbox. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I deleted and recreated my outlook profile,but the problem still...

How create custom push buttons...
hi i have to create custom push button on OnInitDialog() Code is .... CButton *pBtn; //declared as public class member pBtn->Create(_T("My button"), WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON, CRect(10,10,100,30), this, 1); but this does not create the button , means not show on the dialog, could anybody please help me out... Mujtaba Nothing looks out of place here. I am guessing that you allocated memory for pBtn before using Create on it. Why are you not adding the button on the Dialog in resource editor? ------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Mujtaba wrote: > hi...