How do I import data

I have an ACT! 2000 Database (.dbf) and would like to import to CRM.  Any
ideas on how to go about doing this would be great.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You have a couple of options here:
1. Use the Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework toolkit - available to
download with documentation:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0c3f1734-23e2-4e60-a42d-01a36a9f9831&DisplayLang=en

2. Check out www.scribesoft.com who have a direct import tool from ACT to
CRM

3. If you just want to bring in Contacts you could export your ACT contacts
to a csv file and then directly import into crm using the Contacts import
wizard.

Guy.
"Lost" <Lost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an ACT! 2000 Database (.dbf) and would like to import to CRM.  Any
> ideas on how to go about doing this would be great.

0
Guy

Data import/data map in CRM Titan/4.0
I'm currently trying to build a data map for importing simple csv-files prior to the real data import. If I'm using the RCO Titan Image from Microsoft, the data mapping works fine. But if I'm using our own deployment that obviously only differs in the Excel 2007 version (it's german), the following happens: After importing the sample data file (either csv or txt), all Excel 2007 columns will be written in a single line including the simicolon delimiters. E.g. salutation; name; address;... will be written as a single attribute instead of writting mulitple lines writting e...

Send data to table
I'm trying to add some data to a table with this command button code. It hangs at: lID = GetNewID("tblLetterVals") Says: Sub Function not defined Could someone please help me define "GetNewID" Private Sub ThankYou_Click() Dim lCriteria As String Dim lICCNNO As String lICCNNO = Me!ICNNo Dim lID As Long lID = GetNewID("tblLetterVals") lCriteria = "INSERT INTO tblLetterVals (ID, ICNNo, ProvNo)" lCriteria = lCriteria & "SELECT " & lID & " AS ID, tblQuality...

Partitioning
Hi, I have filegroups called 2006, 2007, 2008 etc. I have files, one for each of our larger tables that belong to each filegroup. E.G. File Name File Group 2006_Transactions 2006 2006_Events 2006 2007_Transactions 2007 2007_Events 2007 etc... I have the folloinwg partitioning: CREATE PARTITION FUNCTION [PFBusDate](SMALLDATETIME) AS RANGE RIGHT FOR VALUES (N'2007-01-01T00:00:00', N'2008-01-01T00:00:00', N'2009-01-01T00:00:00', N'2010-01-01T00:00:00', N'2011...

Exporting Data?
How is it possible to export data e. g. from a table in a new created worksheet (*.xls) or a layout (*.xlt)? Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to achieve :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Drunken Alcoholic@talkto.guptaworldwide.com" <spiderIRS@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ciu5i3$oro$01$1@news.t-online.com... > How is it possible to export data e. g. from a table in a new created > worksheet (*.xls) or a layout (*.xlt)? > > ...

create new document, then add data
I added items to my toolbar and menu bars to my app and would now like to do the following: I know how to set up methods to handle the commands. I would like one of my buttons/menu items to create a new document and then add data to it (MDI). Either randomly generated or pulled from a server. What keeps confusing me about the Doc/View architecture and MFC is where pointers to different class instances are, etc. In this case, I need to create a new document first. If I create a method to deal with the command from my new button in the "MyApp" class, that works, but now how d...

imported customer data not showing up
After import was done I went into Rms but could not find the customers. What am i doing wrong. This is becoming a nightmare. Did you have errors when importing? Did you include a unique Account Number for each Customer? Did any customers show up? Rob "country" <country@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74E7CD37-AD87-4C36-A5AE-6966D4147838@microsoft.com... > After import was done I went into Rms but could not find the customers. > What > am i doing wrong. This is becoming a nightmare. ...

Wanna write every data in new line through CFile but no idea! Plz help
Hi All, I want to write(append) word(data) into a file(CFile). I'm using CFile to do the same.. CFile::SeekToEnd() is called before every CFile::Write() But i need to write every data in a new line of text file. In CFile how could i achieve this? NOTE: I appended '\n' char into the end of my word(data). My cursor is moving into next line...but i don't know how to continue writing from cursor's current position in MFC CFile.. Thanks in Advance, Raa On 28 Dec 2006 02:28:36 -0800, "RajanM" <Rajan.Munuswamy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > I w...

List a group of repeated data from sheet1 to sheet2 but not repeat
-- thadi I have one excel sheet1 look like the following. UserName Location Division Software Name Version Maria.Sigmund Parkade Probation Adobe Reader 7.0 Maria.Sigmund Parkade Probation Lotus Notes 6.5.5 Eric.Bell Parkade IT WebFldrs 1.0 Eric.Bell Parkade IT Adobe Reader 7.0 Eric.Bell Parkade IT Symantec AntiVirus 8.1 I want to modify this sheet1 to sheet 2 ...

Import Text Wizard
I'm trying to open a .txt file from Windows that starts the Import Text Wizard automatically. All I've managed so far is to actually open it, yet if you open a text file in Excel it starts the wizard itself. Gary ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I believe that the Text Import Wizard runs automatically from the user interface. You can run it from Data, Text to Columns after the file is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Importing CSV files into excel
Just a suggestion, but I don't see where anyone would ever want their imported data changed by default. How about having CSV files import to format TEXT by default and letting the user decide if he wants to make changes instead of making changes that cannot be undone by default. (the "general" formatting that changed all your numbers around) I've given up on using Excel to look at my data files that contain numbers, instead using wordpad and 3rd party freeware to edit data. Minutes instead of seconds to import a file that has dozens of columns of fixed width - lead...

XmlValidatingReader and xs:import support
Hi all. I have an XML schema that has a couple of <xs:import> tags that reference (using schemaLocation) schemas as embedded resources in a DLL. For example: <xs:import namespace=http://www.my.com/my.xsd schemaLocation="res://assembly/?MyAssembly,MyAssembly.my.xsd"/> I've attached a derived XmlResolver class called XmlResourceResolver to the XmlTextReader that is reading this schema. I've loaded the schema itself from an embedded resource just fine using the custom resolver. The problem is it appears as though the resolver is not being called to resolve th...

Importing messages and files to Favorite Folders
have my POP email accounts set up in WLM. I imported all my message folders .They went in to Imported Folder. My question is how can I move the folders into my Pop email account Folder. I have a pop server account named: 1st Account BOB Inbox Drafts Sent Items Junk email Deleted 2nd Account JOHN Drafts Sent Items Junk Items Deleted Items Imported Folders Drafts Sent Deleted Imported Folder (1) Under Folder (1) are all my imported Folders with my email messages in them. How can I get these Folders into Bob's account Thanks in Advance Doug ...

MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay
We have quite a lot of projects in Project Server. Should there be data in MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay table on ProjectServer_Reporting db? Now the table is totally empty. How can we get data to that table? ...

how to create button commande to refresh data in query in excel 2.
I have a excel spreedsheet that contain external data. I would like to put a button in the excel sheet to update the sheet without doing right click and refresh. My user here are very dummies. Jean Francois If this is external data then bringing it in should launch the external data toolbar. They will only need to click the exclamation (!) mark. Seems like re-inventing the wheel. If you must then put a button on the worksheet and assign it to this macro Sub refreshdata() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qryTab As QueryTable Set wks = ActiveSheet For Each qryTab In wks.QueryTables qryTab.Refr...

How do I change a data label on an xy scatter to a unique name as.
The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? Hi, Try one of these free addin to link cells to data labels. This way you can have a single data series rather than multiples. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy SOSCIENT wrote: > The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data > point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

Interpreting Data
I am trying to convert some data into percentages in an excel spreadsheet. For example, the spreadsheet asks a question, the data is good, fair, excellent and about right. I am trying to convert those answers into percentages. Does anyone know how I can do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! One way would be to list all the responses, then calculate that W% said fair, X% said about right, Y% said good, and Z% said wicked ill (I have teenagers in the house). This makes a pie chart or stacked column or bar chart. Here's an easy way to tabulate and compute the percenti...

What is "more" displayed at tge bottom of my histogram data?
I am constructing a histogram and after I use the data analysis there is a new bin at the bottom labeled "more." I have no idea what this means or why it is there, but it contains a frequency number. Please help me. Does it count observations above the last bin value? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "lassy" <lassy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:472E6CB9-399B-4E71-9EA6-077C9B741415@microsoft.com... >I am constructing a histogram and after I use the data analysis the...

How can I fill data in a list automatically?
I have a spreadsheet laid out like a list with indented items. The first 7columns contain data pertaining to an individual, while the next 5 columns contain data about events occuring to that individual. The problem is that one individual may have several events, but the personal data is filled in only once, for the first event; the first 7 columns are simply left blank for subsequent events (these are all listed following each other). there are several thousand events in this list. How can I copy the personal data so that each row is complete, with all columns filled in? K, You'...

Creating Data Tables off-sheet
Does anyone know how to create data tables in a sheet other than the sheet containing the input data? Someone showed me the trick a long time ago and it has escaped my mind. Thanks in advance for any clues or complete solution. Cheers! Atem Do you mean that your data is in sheet1 and you want to put the data table containing some of that data in sheet2? If so, you can just reference sheet1 in your formulas in sheet2. =sheet2!A50 =sheet2!A50-sheet2!B50 etc etc Lacty wrote: > Does anyone know how to create data tables in a sheet other than the > sheet containing the input data? Some...

trying to return data with only the latest date
when i run this i get data for the last day. i'm trying to get it to return only for the latest date. for example the instance name column contains all the drive letters. i would like it to return one row for each machinename and drive letter. tried adding distinct but didn't work with free_hd_space_cte as ( select a.counterid, substring(a.machinename,3,20) as machinename, a.objectname, a.countername, a.instancename, b.countervalue, convert(datetime, substring(b.counterdatetime,1, 16)) as TimeRead from counterdetails a inner join counterdata b on a.counterid = b.counter...

How do I move important folders (as in outlook xp) to the folders.
In Ol xp I was able to move "in use folders and documents" to the OL toolbar on the left. Is that possible in OL2003? No, Outlook 2003 no longer uses the Outlook bar but you can build your own view of folders using the Favorite Folders option. See F1 Help for information on using Favorite folders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, CDA asked: | In Ol xp I was able to...

How do I merge similar data across different excel worksheets?
If you have a unique key value that's on each sheet, you could use =vlookup() or =index(match()). You could look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html MK wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Back-Up Data & Delete Data
I am curious, is there a way to back up my current data and then go into RMS Admin, so that I can delete it and start fresh? Would I be able to recover my database once it's been deleted? "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:7D52BA8C-FF21-4947-94EE-6E9732146984@microsoft.com... >I am curious, is there a way to back up my current data and then go into >RMS > Admin, so that I can delete it and start fresh? Would I be able to > recover > my database once it's been deleted? No... You could backup your current da...

Data Fields Changing
I have a Master Table in a Master DB linked to a few sub databases. The input forms (to update Master table) are in the sub databases based on queries also in the sub db's. The field names in the Master table change names occasionally. Is there an efficient way to update code in modules, forms, and control/fields in the form(s) when the fields change in the Master table. I can update the control source/fields in the form for the new fld names - but I noticed the old/previous field names still in the dropdown window (at top left of Font window). Also do I have to update a...

***Important*** Question about check boxes
Hi, I have created a survey in Excel which will be sent via email to a lot of respondents. The survey contains a lot of questions and for each question, they can tick a check box on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 check boxes for each question). How can I enter a validation that only one checkbox may be ticked? What can I do to avoid that users are ticking 2 check boxes (or more) for the same question - only one answer may be given? Can I make use of a po-up as a warning? Or maybe something else? Please help! Thanks! Cheers, Excel-user -- Excel-User -------------------------------------------...