How do I extend or change the CRM Duration limit?

I have a client that has maintenance evolutions that take from 15-30 days.
Each time we try to schedule an activity, CRM gives an error stating that the
duration is not valid.  It appears that CRM has a 10 day limit on duration.

Does any one have a work around for this feature?  Or is there a way to
reset the duration limit to be higher?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

As far as I know, the 10 day limit is hard-coded into the CRM platform and
there's no way of changing it.

However, despite the message, you can still save the activity.

Otherwise the only workaround is to split the activity into smaller ones of
no more than 10 days

--
David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk

"Ryan Redmond" wrote:

> I have a client that has maintenance evolutions that take from 15-30 days.
> Each time we try to schedule an activity, CRM gives an error stating that the
> duration is not valid.  It appears that CRM has a 10 day limit on duration.
>
> Does any one have a work around for this feature?  Or is there a way to
> reset the duration limit to be higher?
Thanks for the comments.  Yes, you can still save the activity - you just get
a message that indicates the durration is invalid.  For this client, it would
be very cumbersome to try and split up the activities.  I think we'll just
have to live with the error message for now.

Any ideas if changing this "hardcoded" duration has gotten noticed by the
Development team?

"David Jennaway" wrote:

> As far as I know, the 10 day limit is hard-coded into the CRM platform and
> there's no way of changing it.
>
> However, despite the message, you can still save the activity.
>
> Otherwise the only workaround is to split the activity into smaller ones of
> no more than 10 days
>

> --
> David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
> Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk
>

> "Ryan Redmond" wrote:
>
> > I have a client that has maintenance evolutions that take from 15-30 days.
> > Each time we try to schedule an activity, CRM gives an error stating that the
> > duration is not valid.  It appears that CRM has a 10 day limit on duration.
> >
> > Does any one have a work around for this feature?  Or is there a way to
> > reset the duration limit to be higher?

2004 changed newsgroup account...
I don't know if this is just specific to me or not, but after I installed Office 2004, Entourage changed the default email account I use for sending messages to these news groups. It started using my default account. I had another one set up in Entourage X that mangled my "from" header to protect from harvesters. That explains the dozen or so emails I have received claiming to be from Microsoft Support, that includes a handy little EXE file, and instructions on how to run it in order to patch my security. Haha! Yeah right. It looks very official however, and I suppose there are...

Changing valuation method
We want to change our inventory valuation method from Average Perpetual to FIFO Perpetual. I found a Knowledge Base article on this saying that items cannot exist on any open transactions. Is there any other way around this? We have many, many open sales and purchasing transactions. This means that we would have to delete or void all these transactions and re-enter them? No....and if you read any further in this response....you are on your own. I have only done this a dozen or so times and typically with NEW customers that have just started working. What will happen to older syst...

Calendar options
My work week begins on Sunday, and the program defaults to Monday as the start of the work week. I went to Tools, Options, Preferences, Calendar Options, then set the first day of the week to Sunday. However, in 'month' view, the calendar still shows Monday as the first day of the week. I can change the first day of the week to any other day (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, etc.), but I can't get the program to show Sunday as the first day of the week. Is this a program bug, or is there something I'm missing?? Thanks! Jeff See if unchecking "Compress weekend days" ...

Outlook 2003 GAL limitations
In oulook 2003, when cache exchange mode is enabled, the full GAL listing does not appear. Also we disabled the cache exchange mode within the MMC and that does not appear to display all the GAL listings, But if we remove the check mark from within the client it appears to work. Any Suggestions Just curioius, what are you doing in the MMC to disable cached Exchange = mode.=20 Outlook in Cached Exchange mode uses the offline address book and goes = to the server-based GAL when it needs data not in the OAB, e.g. = properties to populate the details dialog for a GAL entry. What symptoms...

Limiting combo box selection
I have Table 1 that list active projects, table 2 that list biweekly reporting information for each record in Table 1 and Table 3 that list the submission dates for each project (which I am using as a combo box selection in my form (table 2) that fills in the DateID field). So in the beginning of the year the combo box may have 12 dates, as the project manager submits the biweekly reporting I want to eliminate that date as a selection in the combo box. Right now the row source for the dateID field is SELECT DISTINCT [DateID], [DateReport] FROM tblDateSubmitted ORDER BY [DateReport] DE...

Capturing date changes
Hi I have an excel spreadsheet let me set up this example: Column A Column B Client Name Date Called ABC XYZ Situation if I call ABC on 5/16/89 but I change the date the next day to 6/16/90 I need to maintain in another sheet all of the dates I contacted ABC for purposes of reporting. I could use your help thanks One approach -- though awkward and CPU-intensive -- would be to tie into the Worksheet_Change() event. You could use the 'Target' parameter to determine if the change was in the column (and/or row) you're interested in and, if so, cop...

Changing the 'Look Up Record' view
When you want to attach a record to an activity for the 'Regarding' field your are presented with a 'Look up records' dialog. I would like to be able to modify the records that are returned for selection (Not the type of record). For example if you choose quotes it returns all quotes. We want to either restrict this to just active quotes or sort/show the status of quotes. Maybe using a view for this dialog ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

XL2003: INDIRECT() function changes calling cell
Hello all, It appears that the INDIRECT() function changes the calling cell. Let me try to explain: I have a dynamic named range "NR6.PerMonth": - When "=NR6.PerMonth" is in cell C27 on the "Summary" sheet, it will refer to/return cell C982 on the "6" sheet. - When "=NR6.PerMonth" is in cell D27, it will refer to/return cell D982....and so on and so forth, going across. BUT!!! (A26 on the "Summary" sheet is a formula that returns the number 6...A982 on the "6" sheet is a label): - When '=I...

in vba what command is used to determine if a particular cell on a particular sheet changed? some kind of event? how to get the old and new value of the cell?
in vba what command is used to determine if a particular cell on a particular sheet changed? some kind of event? how to get the old and new value of the cell? Hi Daniel, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm change event excel does not keep track of the old value, nor can you get if from the event code. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote i...

share workbook and limit access to users
I have a excel spread sheet I use to track property I have purchased an sold. Due to how fast I buy and sell I need people in my office t have access to enter data on this spread sheet. I want my employees t be able to access this spread sheet but not be able to see all of th columns. I want them only to be able to enter and see the purchas information (Columns A thru J) but not be able to see or edit the sale information (Columns K thru N). What I would like is to have one sheet that more than one user coul use, but only let myself be able to see sales information (Cloumns thru N). It...

CRM SDK 07-02-03
BIG stupid question here........when you guys refer to the "SDK", what exactly are you talking about? I thought it was just the .chm help file, but after that last thread you mentioned the proxy .dll file. Where is this file? I only have the latest .chm help file and nothing more (well obviously I have the proxy file, but just the one that shipped with our CRM). Gary Gary when we say the crm sdk we mean the microsoft.crm.proxy.dll which is a .net assembly and also the help file search on msdn.microsoft.com and you will find more about it check out this http://msdn.microsoft.c...

Changing the Tab Order
Hi, I'm wondering how do you change the tab order between fields on an input form? All replys are appreciated. Well, you really can't... But you can accomplish the same thing, usually, by changing either the size (1 column or 2) or the positioning of fields. It seems to go down the first column until it finds a field that is two columns wide, or the end of the section. Then, it goes to the top field in the right column, then down that column until the end of the section. So by positioning fields in the section differently, or resizing fields, you can usually get the effect y...

CRM Training Kit
Where can I find the Class room materials for the CRM installation & configuation training kit? The kit references these materials but I cannot locate them on the installation CRM CDs and no training CD was provided with the kit. (See page 617 that references a folder named Classroom Materials\Data migration\Lab 1 Mapping data.) I have the same problem...the DMF really requires these tools to understand the material!! RF >-----Original Message----- >Where can I find the Class room materials for the CRM installation & >configuation training kit? > >The kit refere...

- Why can't I change display names in Hotmail?
There's no Hotmail group, so I thought I'd try asking here. When I try changing my display name in Hotmail, and hit SAVE at the bottom.. it just reloads the Account Information form (with the changes). It doesn't go to a success page. When I try sending email, the old display name is still there. When I log out and log back in and go into my personal profile options, the old display name is back. What am I doing wrong? Contact MSN Hotmail Support http://support.msn.com/contactus_emailsupport.aspx?productkey=hotmail&ct=eformts -- Carey Frisch Microsoft MVP Windows X...

Contact Form Changed with Regional Setting Change
I recently had to change my Windows XP "Settings/Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Advanced/Language for non-Unicode programs" to "Chinese (PRC)" in order to view Chinese characters in a translation software package. Just to be clear - my Windows system is still in English - this setting just allows my Chinese software characters to also show up. Strangely, after the above change, the form layout in Outlook 2003 changed. Most significantly, the "Full Name" button is no longer available on the main page, which makes editing of names difficult ...

Cell format changes General into Text after focus + Enter
Strange cell behavior. I have a simple sheet. One cell has a reference to another cell, made by Both cells formatted as General Cell A4 value 8 Cell A10: Function button F2: =A4 result in 8 OK so far. But when I click on A10 followed by ENTER, it changes into =A4 and is formatted as Text, not General ********* No Macros / additional VBA code / Excel 2003 on XP SP2 Bart ...

Changing Country/Region and State/Province Attributes of a Lead
Hi When I try to change the attributes Country/Region and State/Province to pick lists, I simply can't. The type is greyed out. My last post was solved by pinting out a trivial error, and I'm hoping this one can be too BTW: V:3.0 CRM, CEO and Admin roles. No lead records currently exist. (still setting things up, I delete them as one thing works and move on to the next) Paul -- Paul Croubalian VAR Sales - North America PARTpoint Inc Paul, You can't change the data type of any field in CRM. Once it has been created as a text field, that's it. So, the solution, if you w...

Excel should allow me to change default number formats
I get irritated with some of the default settings within excel. I see that you can change the default setting for fonts, but not for number formats. Is there anyway there something that I'm missing with respect to this? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message p...

Problem in deploy CRM
I'm trying install Dynamics CRM3.0 on a Windows 2003 server. After the Environment Diagnostic Wizard the setup stop whit error "SQL Server istance name must coincide with that one of the computer." But is false: I have only one SQL Server with default instance. How can I setup the CRM? can I exclude the wizard ? Thanks, Lorenzo This sounds like the SQL Server machine name has been changed after SQL Server was installed. To check this, open Query Analyzer and connect to the SQL server. Execute sp_helpserver - this will tell you the machine name SQL server has. If this ...

Does anyone know of CRM / Quickbooks integration options
I would look to see if eBridge or Scribe has one... "Jason Lang" <JasonLang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17316D4D-BD6D-4405-A9EE-717CF0488985@microsoft.com... > ...

x-axis scale changes
I have a macro that automatically generates a new chart from data in a worksheet. When I run my macro, charts that have been created prior will have the same min x-axis scale as the new chart generated. However the recently generated chart looks perfect. How do I make the old charts and new charts independent from each other? Whenever I create a new chart I'm using the charts.add function Set xlChart = Charts.Add With xlChart .ChartWizard Source:=GanttChartRange, Gallery:=xlBar, Format:=3, PlotBy:=xlColumns, CategoryLabels:=1, SeriesLabels:=1, HasLegend:=1, Tit...

CRM 10-29-04
Hi, I'm just starting out with CRM customisation but I'm finding that I dont have many options for customisation... I want to create new entities in the system, and I'm assuming this is done through the metabase?? On the ISV Community Center page for CRM it states: "The Microsoft CRM ISV Resource Kit is available at no charge through the Microsoft� CRM Technical Enablement program." http://msdn.microsoft.com/isv/reskits/crm/default.aspx I am a Microsoft Parter, and have searched the site high and low! Can anybody tell me where to find this Toolkit?! I had the SDK, but...

Drop down list changes, worksheets and multi-user
I am using Excel 2003 but have been a user of 2000 for a long time. I 've worked through the creating of a drop down list and understand that but cannot find advice on the following from Help, so could one of you kind people out there explain to me: How do I make changes to a drop down list (ie amend, add items). Indeed, can I? Can I use the list for all worksheets within a workbook (hence the need to amend & add to the list? I am cleansing a database which is why I am using the drop down list. I shall then copy the workbook to disk to be loaded onto a completely different pc...

Change Default Folder for a specific Template
Hi All, I am sure that this is a really simple question, but here goes. I hav a PO template that I want to always save to this folder S:\Purchas Orders\ENG POs when it creates an .xls . I cannot seem anyway just t change this one template's default directory. Is there a way? Thanks, SheGee -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, You could add an auto_open() macro to your template that will change the folder path. And a before_close() routine to reset it before closing. -- John johnf 202 at hotmail dot com "SheGeek >" <<SheGeek.zs364@excelforum-n...

Change PrintDlg Font
Hey, I use - CPrintDialog PrintDlg(TRUE, PD_ALLPAGES | PD_USEDEVMODECOPIES | PD_NOPAGENUMS | PD_NOSELECTION | PD_DISABLEPRINTTOFILE, AfxGetMainWnd()/*this*/); // if(PrintDlg.DoModal() == IDOK) PrintDlg.GetDefaults(); // %9b86 ShellExecute(NULL,"print","tally.txt",NULL,NULL,SW_HIDE); ShellExecute(NULL,"print","summary.txt",NULL,NULL,SW_HIDE); to print two text files. How do I change the font that is printed? Thanks, Wayne Ransier > Hey, > > I use - > > CPrintDialog PrintDlg(TRUE, > PD_ALLPAGES | PD_...