How do i enable domain user access from the internet to CRM ?

Hi

I want to access CRM from external subnets, and log in to the web interface
with a domain user account, no need for SSL, this is a test server where
execs from the HQ need to access. I dont want to have to use VPN for this.

When i type in the IP of the external interface of our router from the
outside with port :5555 - ex http://25.25.25.25:5555, it prompts for
credentials  but doesnt accept domain.local\user nor domain\user, it just says
HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied.
IIS settings havent been modified, and are default install.

Is there anyway to do this ?

Thank you,
Dan Calinescu
0
Calinescu (1)
8/27/2008 1:10:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need to enable CRM for Internet Facing Deployment (IFD).

Search for CRM 4.0 IFD Tool

"Dan Calinescu" <Dan Calinescu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I want to access CRM from external subnets, and log in to the web
> interface
> with a domain user account, no need for SSL, this is a test server where
> execs from the HQ need to access. I dont want to have to use VPN for this.
>
> When i type in the IP of the external interface of our router from the
> outside with port :5555 - ex http://25.25.25.25:5555, it prompts for
> credentials  but doesnt accept domain.local\user nor domain\user, it just
> says
> HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied.
> IIS settings havent been modified, and are default install.
>
> Is there anyway to do this ?
>
> Thank you,
> Dan Calinescu

0
discussions (171)
8/27/2008 2:19:52 PM
I'm not familiar with IFD but you might also try setting up the site through
a Microsoft ISA server...

"Peter Lynch" <discussions@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You need to enable CRM for Internet Facing Deployment (IFD).
>
> Search for CRM 4.0 IFD Tool
>

> "Dan Calinescu" <Dan Calinescu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I want to access CRM from external subnets, and log in to the web
>> interface
>> with a domain user account, no need for SSL, this is a test server where
>> execs from the HQ need to access. I dont want to have to use VPN for
>> this.
>>
>> When i type in the IP of the external interface of our router from the
>> outside with port :5555 - ex http://25.25.25.25:5555, it prompts for
>> credentials  but doesnt accept domain.local\user nor domain\user, it just
>> says
>> HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied.
>> IIS settings havent been modified, and are default install.
>>
>> Is there anyway to do this ?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Dan Calinescu

0
gcanivet (14)
8/27/2008 7:10:04 PM
You don't technically need the IFD (although it is a great option).

Couple of things to check:
 1. Are you getting the authentication prompt from http://25.25.25.25:5555
for CRM AD, or for the router and/or other AD auth (i.e. not CRM).
 2. Is the user you're checking with an authorized/valid user with proper
roles setup (i.e. can they access CRM internally without a problem)?

--
Fortis
www.webfortis.com

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> You need to enable CRM for Internet Facing Deployment (IFD).
>
> Search for CRM 4.0 IFD Tool
>

> "Dan Calinescu" <Dan Calinescu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I want to access CRM from external subnets, and log in to the web
> > interface
> > with a domain user account, no need for SSL, this is a test server where
> > execs from the HQ need to access. I dont want to have to use VPN for this.
> >
> > When i type in the IP of the external interface of our router from the
> > outside with port :5555 - ex http://25.25.25.25:5555, it prompts for
> > credentials  but doesnt accept domain.local\user nor domain\user, it just
> > says
> > HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied.
> > IIS settings havent been modified, and are default install.
> >
> > Is there anyway to do this ?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Dan Calinescu

0
fortis1 (66)

Unable to see Tasks in PWA when 2 or More Users Assigned to Task
We are using MS Project Server Professional 2007 (and PWA) SP1 We have been using a project for some time with no issues, however, recently when a task has two users assigned, these users are unable to see the task in the My Tasks list in PWA(although it shows correctly in Professional). It seems that this is happening when a second user is assigned to an already existing task. We have not yet narrowed this down to just being one project, but other projects on the server do not seem to experience this problem. We have not made any permission changes or any other setting changes. ...

WSS 3 on SBS2003: SP2 break users authorization... :-(
I installed WSS3 "syde by syde" on a new SBS2003 server, leaving (how suggested me by Larry & Lanwench) WSS2 running. All worked fine but yesterday windows update install the WSS3 SP2 and the WSS2 SP3 on server. After install, the new wss3 site is no more accessible , companyweb work without problem. Trying to access the site (http://servername:6000) , i receive this error: HTTP 401.1 Error - Operation not authorized. Access deny because not valid credentials (bad translations from Italian!). I tried to enable anonymous access and add domani users and everyon...

A program is trying to access email addresses...
Since yesterday, when I send an email, I get this message in a dialogue box, "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this. If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." I have Outlook 2002 SP3 version, and I just recently downloaded Office updates. How do I turn this off? Or, do I have some other kind of problem? Thanks, David David, Please see the information on the following web page. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT]...

CRM SBS install and uninstall error
The install (reinstall) or uninstall MS CRM 3.0 on SBS2003 Premium does not work. During "Executing Install (or Uninstall) action" I receive Warning: "Failed to remove the Microsoft CRM-Fax Router Service" and then Error: "System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RegisterFaxService failed." "The configuration registry key is invalid". How can I uninstall CRM completely or install it properly? Help me please. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Regards Renio ...

Test and consequences for adding and deleting W2K8 DC in 2003 domain
Hello, I have a forest and a domain with 3 Windows 2003 Server DCs. In order to make a test during 2 weeks, I have to install and promote a Windows 2008 Server R2 into DC (without particulary role). I know I will have to do an ADPREP with the W2K8 R2 DVD but forest and domain will not change their level. 2 weeks after I will retrograde the server as member and suppress it from the network (It will leave only W2K3 severs). Do you know if there could be a problem for the AD architecture ? Thanks in advance. Christophe Hello Christophe, Answered in the same posting...

Looking for detailed information on MS CRM
hello, where can i get _detailed_ information on the current and the expected new version of ms crm? topics of interest would be - work on-/offline (data replication from server to client pc) - user privileges (who sees what field of a customer, user roles) - sync conflicts the ms site provides only very basic information. thanks a lot, michael Hi Michael! "Michael Fuchs" wrote: > where can i get _detailed_ information on the current and the expected > new version of ms crm? > topics of interest would be > > - work on-/offline (data replication from server to c...

Cannot create user mailbox
Hell I'm using Exch2003 on top of W2003 server For some unknown reason, I can't seem to create mailbox for new users. Usually, the process is rather painless, just right click on the user then exchange task, follow the prompt...but no matter what I try, the new mail box address simply refuse to appear in the global address list when the user click on 'to' fro mthe client sid any help is great hel Thank TT If you look at the properties for the user in Active Directory Users and Computers and click on the EMail Address tab, do they have an SMTP address listed? If they dont,...

Users unable to receive external mail
Hi there, At the beguining, when I started to post on this group I was having problems to install the exchange 2003 server. Now the problem is other. I finally intalled the exchange and configure it to send internal mails and its working fine. But now, my boss ask me to configure it to send and receive external mail and I did so. the is that users can send external mail but cannot receive. I don't know what is the problem. Please can anyone help me? thanks, shayras On 18 Jul 2006 10:30:12 -0700, shayras2004@yahoo.com.br wrote: >Hi there, > >At the beguining, when I sta...

Shared Access .mdb
A stupid question, but... I inherited and old Access application that often got corrupted & whatnot. I made a new .mdb and filled it with the still needed data & forms (weeded out some old stuff). In our current setup, we have a NAS and we use a shared network folder where the old application resides. Our users open it directly from there. The old application is set up as a replication master, but everyone simply opens it from that single location. If I drop my new application in the same location and use the same M.O., do I need to set up a new replication? Everyone simply op...

using Access Data
I have a slight problem with Charts in Excel & Access. I'm creating charts that can use up to 50,000 data points (if not more) and in Excel there is significant lag time (up to 2 minutes just to rescale an axis or change the title). I decided to try and use Access to organize the data, but creating a chart in Access is a pain because there is a 4000 data point limit per series (really stupid). My question is: Is there a way to link the data from Access to an Excel chart without importing the data (importing would just cause my initial problem)? I do know some basic...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

Access 2.0 to Access 97 10-07-04
I would like to convert a db from Access 2.0 on one pc to Access 97 on another pc on my network. I'm new to access, so any input you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. To convert an Access 2.0 database to 97, in Access 97 go to Tools, Convert Database on the menu bar. Select the Access 2.0 database to convert. If you have errors converting, try importing the objects instead of converting (File, Get External Data, Import). Please note that you might have code that needs to be updated or...

2k3 error 550 "Invalid Domain" is my domain
Our Ex 2003 server has been up and running for almost a year and occasionally a user will get a Undeliverable report which says 550 Invalid domain mydomain.com, where "mydomain.com" is really our domain name. And then yesterday a user was emailing about 50 customers at once and she got several of these exact NDR's, and these were for emails to recipients we've never had trouble with in the past. I'm really scratching my head here. Where to begin to troubleshoot? Many thanks for reading. -Bob Post the NDR. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer s...

two users
In OE I have two identities, mine and my wifes. I want to do the same in Outlook, but I can't see how? ed See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm navigator wrote: > In OE I have two identities, mine and my wifes. I want > to do the same in Outlook, but I can't see how? > > ed ...

can i import a database from access into visio #2
im want to import a database from access to visio in hopes it will draw my er digram for me. any syggestions? ...

Error #-2147217843 Login Failed for user 'sa'
(Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State: 4200) (NativeError: 18456) No help file available. What the heck is going on? I have installed RMS on my personal computer, and I have been using that for a couple of weeks just to see if there were going to be any problems in regards to installing 1.3 and this is what is comming up all of a sudden, WHY??? -- Thank You,; Vince Vince, When are you getting this message? Sounds like you've entered the wrong password for the database. Go to SO Administrator | File | Connect | make sure that server says (local), use SQL Au...

can i user exchange 2007 client acc & 2003 mailbox?
i have exchange 2003.i would like to install exchange 2007 client access and leave my mailbox on exchange 2003.would i be able to use new owa? No, clients will see the OWA 2003 (or OWA 2000 if the mailbox sits on an Exchange 2000 mailbox server). -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "sham" <shamun@mekorot.co.il> wrote in message news:envBPoGJHHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >i have exchange 2003.i would like to install exchange 2007 client access >and > le...

Excel Data Connections to Access Queries: Limits?
I have an Access 2007 database with data connections to: + Sharepoint Lists + SMS SQL tables/views I've written Access queries that use tables from those data connections. I want to use Excel to connect to those queries in the Access database to run various reports (such as charts, lists, etc...) However, I'm having 2 problems: 1) In Excel, when I go to Data / Get External Data / From Access, I cannot see all of the queries listed in the Access Database. 2) The queries I do see only return a small subset of records. (I've tested the query within Access, and I should get 17...

additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entiti
Hi all. I have a question about an additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entities. A user definition entity (object_type_code:10000) and made an OnLineHelpFile (test.htm) which supported. In addition, I add following two lines to help_toc.xml. <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form Help</page> <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form View Hel...

Update from CRM 3.0 to new CRM 4.0
At the moment we are runnig CRM 3.0. Because of the new multi-language feature of CRM 4.0 we want tu upgrate/update to the new version. Does anybody has further information about the necessary steps? I suggest that you wait for the officially released version which will contain upgrade and installation guides. -- ----------------- Please note that the contents of my posts are my personal opinions and views and I am not a Microsoft staff member. ----------------- Feridun Kadir MCSE, MCT "Frank_Munich" wrote: > At the moment we are runnig CRM 3.0. Because of the new multi-...

MS CRM 3.0 on SQL Cluster 2000 Environment...
Has anyone installed MSCRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 Cluster and it is up and running with Reports, Outlook Client etc etc? CRM 3.0 supports only default instance on SQL Server. How about SQL Cluster? Is there any good document to implement CRM 3 in SQL Server 2000 cluster environment? I appreciate your help. Onkar http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringsqlservers.mspx "Onkar" <budc57@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1160873095.913396.268610@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone installed MSCRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 Cluster and it is up and > running wi...

List of PDK users, Managers, Supervisors
I've searched in PDK and BP and can't find a report, or query that lists my PDK employees and their supervisor/manager. Does any such thing exist? ...

Return to the last accessed cell in a multiple paged file at reent
I have an Excel file at work that I did not create, with multible tabs (pages). Hyperlinks from the main page take me to the sub-pages. Some of the sub-pages open to the last accessed cell on that page, some take me to the top of that page. What can I do to make all pages open to the last accessed cell? ...

Fixing user with wrong Domain Logon Name
This is both a comment and question. When adding a new user I forgot to preface his Domain Logon Name with the domain. Instead of typing domain\username I simply typed username. There was warning message that was generated but then the user got created. I opened the newly created user in an attempt to fix my mistake but the Domain Logon Name field was greyed out. I "fixed" the problem by modifying the users' record in the SystemUserBase table in the CompanyName_MSCRM database. So far everything seems to be working but if any of you see a problem with how I fixed this ...

Display filtered users in Resource lookup.
When create a Service Activity with some resource, we look up the resource, select User to choose type of Resource is User. Can we only display users have some specific attribute? For example I have the User-Type are General User, Supporter. Only Supporters can be involved in any Service as the resources. When look up resource, I want only Supporter to be listed. Can we do this? Hi, Yes, it is possible. Check out following blog; http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/12/filter-data-in-crm-lookup-field.html -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our fee...