how do I delete or merge duplicate records automatically?

After importing 2000+ records into my CRM 4.0 database, I need to remove the
duplicates. I created a Duplicate Detection Job and then was able to view all
of the duplicates, however I would like to be able to make all of the records
inactive automatically without having to go through all the pages of
duplicates.  Do I have to do this manually or can I not choose to run a mass
delete or merge job?

I read this can be done with a workflow but after looking at workflows I
can't see any obvious way of how to configure it?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

deleted without being read
one of my users keeps getting a deleted without being read message from a message than had been created over a year ago. He is getting this message daily. Any idea how to stop that message from being created? Thanks. ...

Message Rule
Hello, I have a client who receives duplicate email ... sometimes as many as 20 a day. He only really needs to see the first occurance. He is often out of the office, so I am wanting to "forward" or "re-direct" his email to his cell phone. But I don't want to send all 20 emails to him, just want to send him the first occurance. Is there a way to set up a message rule that will effectively ignore all duplicate email, and only for that calendar day? Any help appreciated. TIA Marshall ...

Query for merge column
Dear Friends Please see it I want query Table name emp A B C D vivek vinod randhir Delhi vivek vinod randhir patna vivek vinod randhir Kolkata vivek vinod randhir Madras I want record like Vivek vinod randhir Delhi,patna,Kolkata,Madras Please post DDL, so that people do not have to guess what the keys, constraints, Declarative Referential Integrity, data types, etc. in your schema are. If you know how, follow ISO-11179 data element naming conventions and formatting rules. Temporal data should use ISO-8601...

Merge credit card accounts?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C6A5E1.00148FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Money 2006. How can I merge two credit card accounts. When I use merge = accounts, the only choice I have is to merge my pay pal account with an = existing bank account. My problem is this I have a Sears credit card = account that I have entered manually for several years. It has a record = of all my purchases. When I set up money on line for searscard, it just = shows the last month purchases. I would l...

Delete an unused check number
Is there a way to delete an unused check number not entered into the system? We used a check for a manual payment, but ended up voiding the check as it was not needed. Since the check was never printed, this check number does not appear in the system so I can't void it. But the physical check itself is obviously not usable now. Thanks for any help. Melissa, The only thing I can think of is entering a manual payment for $0 to use up this check number. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

how to merge data from multiple columns to one column
I have first, middle, and last name in different columns. How do I merge these three into one column? Try... =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 for the format John T. Smith OR =C1&", "&A1&" "&B1 for the format Smith, John T. Hope this helps! In article <24D1088D-0AB1-4910-BF0E-37D8D7A4C056@microsoft.com>, "w8ting4hlp" <w8ting4hlp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have first, middle, and last name in different columns. How do I merge > these three into one column? ...

duplicates 04-05-07
I have a table with user names and security modules. There are 1700 users and 65 security modules that will have a Y or N depending on if they have that module. I would like to be able to run a query that will group all the users with the same security . I cannot figure out how to do this. The Duplicate wizard will not allow over 10 columns, and as noted I have 65 columns. Thanks, First of all you need to revise your table structure and not have the 65 columns. Have a table with the user information. Next a table listing the 65 security modules and associated information. Third buil...

public view which displays all the records under a business unit?
Hi we have a requirement where a user should be able to see all the records created under his business unit by selecting a public view. He must be able to see all the records created by other users belonging to his business unit. If any one has worked on this or faced the similar requirement, please revert back. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

Unable to delete email
Here's a weird one. I am unable to delete any emails the way I used to in Outlook 2007. The delete button is grayed out and disabled when a message is selected. The delete key doesn't work. The only thing that does is control-delete to permanently delete a message. I don't recall making changes. Some problems I originally had were with Kaspersky but I disabled its spam checker. I used scanpst on this file, which opens fine. I created a new fresh pst and dragged all the emails and folders into it and still I can't delete emails the normal way. Anyone see this before? Using Vis...

Delete attachments from List Pane
I am reposting w/ a better (hopefully) explanation. Outlook 2000 I am looking for an addin (or other solution) that will let me delete attachments from the currently selected email or any number of emails selected in the list pane W/O actually having to open the emails. Outlook does not show me an attachment icon in the Preview Pane, thus there is no way to delete the attachment like you can after opening the email w/ Right-Clk Remove. I do all my work in the preview pane and only 'open' the email because of this delete attachment issue. The free bulk processing addins I have found...

I need to get week start and week end dates to change automatically
I'm trying to get the week start and week end dates to chang automatically on a time sheet that I am working on. Anybody have formula? Joh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com John, =INT(NOW()+2-WEEKDAY(NOW())) will return Monday's date, and =INT(NOW()+6-WEEKDAY(NOW())) will return Friday's date. Format as dates. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jlyons360 >" <<jlyons360.192pxt@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jlyons360.192pxt@excelforum-nospam.com... > I'm trying to get the week start and week end dates to change > automa...

Script Error during Account deletion
After selecting 80 records from the Active Account view I get a script error. "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 148 Char: 1 Error: The download of the specified resource has failed Code: 0 URL: http://crm/_grid/cmds/dlg_delete_account.aspx?iObjType=1&iTotal=80&slds= ...

Automatic Replies and Forwards..
Automatic replies and automatic forwards to Internet recipients are disabled in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003. What is the argument for keeping this default? What are the security risks specifically? Any advice or suggestions on this would be greatly appreicated. Thanks, Dana .... you're letting spammers know your email addresses are valid, mail loops... (auto-reply to internet recipient generates an auto-reply to which you auto-reply again... anon) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ---------------------------------------...

highlight consecutive duplicate rows (re-sending)
My apologies if anyone responded to this when I originally posted. I didn't download enough headers and I can't recapture the original.... I want to highlight any row that has the same data as the previous row. For example, if A:3=A:2 and B:3=B:2 and C:3=C:2, I want to highlight Row 3. I also want to repeat this logic throughout the spreadsheet. Can I do with this with Conditional Formatting? Or, would I need to use VBA...in which case, how would I code this? Thanks in advance. I have no idea if anyone responded to your earlier post, but you could check yourself: You can ...

Reference to next record within a group
I am trying to set up a summary query to identify how many total days a patient has gone without any medication. The following are the data that I start with. Member # Fill Date Days Supply Next Med Date 940183753-02 1/11/2007 30 2/10/2007 940183753-02 2/7/2007 30 3/9/2007 940183753-02 2/8/2007 28 3/8/2007 940183753-02 2/11/2007 90 5/12/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 7/12/2007 30 8/11/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 This particular mbr was on multiple meds for a specific di...

Multiple Record Inputs with one Form
I'm programming with SQL and can't seem how to figure out how to send more than one record to the table with one form. You've described a "how" ... as in how you are trying to do something ("send more than one record to the table with one form"). Now, "why" ... as in what will having multiple records generated from a single form allow you to do (i.e., business need)? This isn't idle curiosity ... if we knew more about the underlying business need, we might be able to offer alternate approaches. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access ...

Delete Public folder
How can I delete the last public folder in a storage group? This is on a recovery server and I need to delete this store. Thanks ...

How do I remove duplicate entries from a list?
Look at Data/Advanced Filter Bob Umlas Excel MVP "E. Reta" <E. Reta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34E54578-E3AA-44D8-93CB-5C7D11E46D10@microsoft.com... > ...

Auto height rows
I am working in Excel 2000 for Windows with cells that are NOT merged. The individual cells have varying amounts of data (anywhere from a few characters to over 1000 characters). All text is wrapped. When I double click on the row to auto height, it adjusts the height but the printed version still cuts off text. In most cases the row height does not come anywhere near 409.5 pixels. I saw the problem with bottom aligned text, but all my cells are top aligned. I am working with 19 files that include at least four worksheets with 300+ rows of data. It's getting time consuming to re...

catalog merge #7
OK, I have a lot of genealogical images that I have cataloged in an Access database. I've successfully merged them in Publisher 2003 and created a catalog that shows the photo with all the related detail. My question is: now that I've created this merge, I would like to add more images and information to the database. Can I use the design of the catalog I've already created to make a new catalog - such as in a template, or do I have to use the wizard to completely re-create a new catalog design every time I change the database? Sure you can, when you open the catalog wizard,...

Automatic Files Saves
In previous versions of Excel it was possible to setup periodic automatic saves that would prompt the user to save. I am not looking for the auto-recovery save. Is there an add-in or update that can be installed to do the same thing in Version 2002. ...

HELP: Deleted Items Limit Set to 0 days does not work!
Hi Gurus, I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does not removed from the server immediately. Has anyone come accross this issue? Please advice. Thanks in advance On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:20:23 +0800, "hanafiah" <hanafiahh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Gurus, > >I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the >Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does >not removed from the server immediat...

How do I delete a single page among many connected pages in Publis
I work with documents typically imported from Word. Occasionally I need to delete a single page without changing the formatting on subsequent pages. When I simply use Edit/Delete Page all of the original text from Word is apparently in the overflow area because it is not visible. Text Boxes and pictures that I inserted into the Publisher document after importing the main document from Word do not seem to be affected. ...

Storage of local data
Hello there, I'm aware that SQL Express has a limitation of 2Gb of data storage, so I'm wondering, when data is created whilst offline, when it sync's back to the server, is is deleted from the databae locally? Let's assume that in this example the record/data created is not an item that would normally be sync'd back to the local database (not specified as user required for sync). Hope this makes sense Thanks, Matt When going offline all data for the specified user is synced to his offline database. When going back online all changes are synced back to the serve...

adding numbers in an excell chart automatically
How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an easier way than how I am doing it. Worksheets are the things to use for adding numbers. That's not what a chart is designed to do. -- David Biddulph "sanicay" <sanicay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E94E1035-DC2C-4698-AC32-3439BDB2BDA6@microsoft.com... > How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of > Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an >...