How do I change the activity preview pane?

For Phone and Task Preview forms, I have tried to add the Description field
to the form, but I am not able to make the field span two columns.  Does
anyone know a way around this?  We need a better way to quickly jump between
activity information while we're on the phone with a contact.  Should we be
storing this type of information somewhere else?

Our sales team is finding this a barrier and thinks MS CRM is nothing more
than a glorified address book.  They are pushing us to move to ACT, but I
think it’s just a matter of using this system more efficiently.

Thanks for your help/input.

--Ed

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Changing IP subnet information on domain computers
is there a powershell script to change the subnet mask and gateway of some domain computers in one go. We have moved to a new network and i have about 40 servers whose subnet mask need to be changed and I am sure somewhere I read there is a powershell script which can change IP infomation. Can anyone advise. We are running all windows 2003 servers. Take a look here: http://www.powershellpro.com/powershell-tutorial-introduction/powershell-wmi-methods/ Marco "guv" <guv@> wrote in message news:efuDE9CzKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > is there a power...

CHANGING CASE #5
Is there a macro or formula that can be run to change the case of selected cells from lower to higher case letters? thank you for any help here Jerry Both: macro: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper Formula: =UPPER(A1) In article <OWnXQUDOIHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "JERRY" <JERRY@HOME> wrote: > Is there a macro or formula that can be run to change the case of selected > cells from lower to higher case letters? > > thank you for any help here > Jerry ...

Changing the Default Activity Time
Hi I would like to change the default time shown when creating new Activities. The current default is 30 minutes. We woul like to reduce this to 5 mins etc depending on the Activity. Michael, You cannot do this in CRM by using the standard tools. You could try and edit the activity aspx page and use some client side scripting to change the picklist value at runtime. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Michael" wrote: > Hi > > I would like to change the default time shown when creating new Activities. > The current default is 30 minutes. We woul like...

Entering a call changes name of underlying security in 2006
When I add a call option via symbol lookup in MS Money 2006 Premium on a stock I already have in my portfolio, MS Money changes the name of the underlying security to a call name. So, if I owned Microsoft stock and sold a call in it, I go to an account in MS Money. I go to the Transaction Form and in the Investment field, I enter a name, ex. Microsoft Call 9/05 $27.50. I then get prompted to identify the type of investment, which, in this case, is an Equity Option. It then asks if I want it to Find Symbol. I click on Find Symbol, enter the symbol MSFT in the Option tab and it shows &...

Change AutoFormat
Hi All, When you choose one of the AutoFormats for your report, can you make changes manually in the properties box? I was trying to change the height of my alternating background but I wasn't able to do it. Is this the "rule" of AutoFormat or is there a not too complicated way to make changes? TIA...appreciate it! ...

Workbook.htm
I am publishing an Excel 2000 Workbook that has 20 worksheet's each with the top row held static with 'Freeze Panes'. However, when viewed in IE6 as an .htm file, the Freeze Panes is not working and the top row just scrolls out of sight.. Any ideas? tia While it's not specifically listed, in the Help file for my XL version ("Limitations of saving data on a Web page"), Freeze Panes isn't retained when the workbook is saved as HTML. Worksheets are saved as HTML tables - HTML tables have no capability to do what Freeze Panes does. You may be able to use ...

Clean-up queue with deleted activities
Hi, Yesterday I created campaign telephone call activities and assigned them to a queue. I decided to delete the activities and now I have the problem that they are still shown in the queue. When I try to delete them there I get the error record not found. Also I cannot remove the queue. Please help me to cleanup this queue. Thank you, Regards Jan instead of selecting all , choos for example 10 and then click on Delete or choose just one and delete and see if you still get the erro? ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ No, same error. "Aamir Bashir" wro...

Previewing an email w/o opening it.
I have a user who wants to be able to Preview an email without it automatically showing the email as read. This is for a shared Admin. email acct. I tried this: - To preview the first three lines of unread messages only, on the View menu, point to Current View, and then click Customize Current View. Click Other Settings, and then click Preview unread items. ....but even after setting this up and moving to the next email, it still showed the email as having been read when the goal is to preview the email without it showing as being opened/read. Thanks, A :-) Use the preview pane...

Saving Emails and Address Book when changing OS
I am about to upgrade my OS from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 Pro. I am going to reformat my HD when I do it. How do I save my emails and adress contacts so I can reload them after I reload Outlook? The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048601c3bc2f$0a7a2e10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

Excel chart data labels showing % change instead of value?
I'm needing to have my excel chart show me the percent change in my 2 series. I would like this in a data label over series 2 on the chart, but all I can figure out to do is have the value labeled. Does any one have any suggestions? I'm believe I'm using Excel 2002. You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm "MFritz" <MFritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29317BE2-4574-4623-8D5E-A3BA97B3FAE6@microsoft.com... > I'm needing to have my excel chart show me the percent change in my 2...

changing paper size #2
I need to change an existing flier created in publisher from letter to legal size. When I try changing the paper size (under printer set up and page set up or change template size) the flier is spread out between two pages. I can only see the two pages in print preview, when I'm working on it I can only see one page. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks -- ln Publisher 2007? When you are finished creating your flyer, File, print, reset your page preferences on this print screen. There is a print preview on this screen, the preview should be correct with no tiling. -- Mary Sauer ...

How do I change the footer bar from count to sum for highlighted .
just changed to office 2007 and can't select a range of cells to immediately show the sum total on the footer stats bar Have you tried right mouse clicking on the status bar and then choosing the function(s) you want to see? 2007 allows multiple functions (e.g. Sum, Avg, Min). "RobEgg" wrote: > just changed to office 2007 and can't select a range of cells to immediately > show the sum total on the footer stats bar ...

Print Preview Freezes Excel
When I open Print Preview then go back to my spreadsheet, everything kind of freezes up. It becomes really slow and just seems to be hosed. If I do a C: net stop spooler or if I turn of my page break option, everything is back to normal, but I need those features. Is there a fix to this, or has anyone had a similiar problem? -Joel Hi Joel I read that this is possible a problem with your xlb file Close Excel Do a search for .xlb in windows Rename the file (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002) Start Excel Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system Excel will create a...

Change Tab Without changing focus
Is is possible to change the active tab of a tab control without using ..setfocus? Based on what Machine a users selects in a combo box, I want to change the current tab to reflect the proper machine. This code is called from several different text boxes in their afterupdate event. But when I tab out, it sets the focus to the tab instead of to the next control. I want to change the tab, but then set focus to the next control. Thanks in advance. Change the Value of the tab control to the desired tab page's pageindex value: Me.TabControl.Value = 3 -- ...

Change view mode
Hi, My word 2007 open in Print Layout mode, how to I tell Word 2007 to open in draft mode for every document. SF To force all documents into Draft view, add the following auto macros to your normal.dotm (if you are already using auto macros, just add the lines of code to those macros): Sub AutoOpen() Options.AllowOpenInDraftView = True ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100 End Sub Sub AutoNew() Options.AllowOpenInDraftView = True ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentag...

Changing Business Units in CRM 3.0
Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most recent edits updated to system of record? On Jun 10, 1:44 am, KEO <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to > change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using > the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most > recent edits ...

How to change the service config through program?
Hi, I am trying to change the configuration of the service SQLSERVER AGENT using the API ChangeServiceConfig. In that I am passing a new user name and password as arguments. That API returns successfully and I can change the StartType (AUTOMATIC,DEMAND_START etc) as well. But after that when I try to start the service using the API StartService, it returns the error like "The user doesn't have the permission to log on as a service". Why is this so? How can I change the configuration successfully through the program? When I set the User name and password(which I p...

Hyperlinking Excel to PPT address changes
Hi Folks! I am inserting a hyperlink in PPT 07 to an Excel file. I am creating the hyperlink address to be in the following format for Excel: Filename.xls#’worksheetname’!A1. I of course am using my own titles and cell referencing. However, when I create this address in the link, save the PPT file, close it, and reopen it, the address in the hyperlink address is changed to just Filename.xls and leaves off the worksheet and cell locations as well. The hyperlink address will not retain that info for some reason. Has anyone ever seen this? I am using PPT and Excel 07 with SP 2. Than...

Auto colour change in cells?
Can I have Excel automatically change the colour of cell data so that entered data will be a differed colour from future days cells? Beemer Hi Beemer! Use Select the range that contains your dates Format > Conditional Formatting Cell value is Greater Than =TODAY() Format button Select format OK OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1b3b4a29cbe5f8d39896a0@news.microsoft.com... > Can I have Excel automatically change the colour of cell data so > that > entered...

How to change color for worksheet tab?
I remember seeing this question posted before, but couldn't find it now. I have a workbook with a number of groups of worksheets. I would like to color code the tab name. How do I do it? Thanks, pac Hi if you have Excel 2002+ just right-click on the tab and choose 'change color'.If you have an older Excel version: not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany comp wrote: > I remember seeing this question posted before, but couldn't > find it now. > I have a workbook with a number of groups of worksheets. I > would like to color code the tab na...

Changing how cursor toggles.
By default when entering data into an Excel spreadsheet, hitting the 'Enter' key toggles the cursor *down* to the cell below. I would like it to toggle to the cursor *right* to the cell next to it, instead... Is this possible? TIA, Dave First, you may want to consider using the Tab or RtArrow key instead of Enter. If not, go to Tools>Options>Edit and direct the Enter key to do as you wish. HTH |:>) "LSD" wrote: > By default when entering data into an Excel spreadsheet, hitting the 'Enter' key > toggles the cursor *down* to the cell below...

OWA 2007
Hi All Would someone be so kind to clarify the password changing issues for OWA2007 for me please? OWA 2007 on backend Exchange 2007 (separate servers). OWA running on W2K3 SP2 R2 IIS6 and using Forms based security. We would like to enable expired and change password at next logon feature through OWA, AND allow extended ASCII (as we've already told the business that symbols are an allowed option). Can you tell that we've recently updated our password complexity rules! This is an extremely useful blog: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/12/09/450238.aspx ...

Activity log content
I am reviewing release 9.0 of dynamics, and looking for the activity tracking to tell me what windows each user has opened so that I can track specifically what the user is doing. In reviewing the log, it appears that the messageing is very generic and not providing the level of detail required. Is there a way to configure the activity tracking to produce the display name or technical name associated with the window the user opened? -- Sincerely, Mike Mike, As you note, activity tracking is fairly generic and of course the setup determines what kind of "activity" is being l...

Can I change vendors for items en mass
I need to change the vendor for about 1000 items, all to the same new vendor. Is there a way to do this other than 1 by 1? Yes. You can use a query in SO Admin (or HQ Admin, if you use HQ). Use a SELECT query to find the IDs of the old and new Suppliers. Then UPDATE the SupplierList table with the new SupplierID. If you need more detailed instructions, let me know. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Jim K" wrote: > I need to change the vendor for about 1000 items, all to the same new vendor. > Is there a way to do this other than 1 by 1? ...

Publisher changes line spacing- font sizes & fonts
When moving pages from one Publisher 2003 document to another, the font - size - and/or line spacing are indiscriminately changed. What can I do to stop this from happening? Are you using templates? You may have changes if you have setup your documents with different preferences. Look at the styles. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Promenader" <Promenader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C50C53-D419-4FB3-ACA0-771551A719A5@microsoft.com... > When moving pages from one Publisher 2...