How can you hide system defined views in CRM 4.0

In CRM 3.0 you could share the System view to remove them from a users list
of views. I cannot see the Share functionality of Views in CRM 4.0 to do the
same thing.

How can you hide system views in CRM 4.0
0
B1 (229)
1/18/2008 12:30:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Unfortunately, in v4.0 the system views cannot be hidden.  This would be a
good suggestions for next update.

Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"B" wrote:

> In CRM 3.0 you could share the System view to remove them from a users list
> of views. I cannot see the Share functionality of Views in CRM 4.0 to do the
> same thing.
>
> How can you hide system views in CRM 4.0
0
FrankLee (144)
1/18/2008 6:21:01 AM
You can hide the views by writing a simple plug-in. You can read about
it on my blog.

http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug=
-in.html

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Jan 18, 12:21=A0am, Frank Lee <Frank...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Unfortunately, in v4.0 the systemviewscannot be hidden. =A0This would be a=

> good suggestions for next update.
>
> Frank Lee, MicrosoftCRMMVPhttp://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.comhttp://www.w=
orkopia.com/Links.htm

> "B" wrote:
> > InCRM3.0 you could share the System view to remove them from a users lis=
> > ofviews. I cannot see the Share functionality ofViewsinCRM4.0to do the
> > same thing.
>
> > How can youhidesystemviewsinCRM4.0-Hidequoted text -

darrenliu (251)

How can i move a macro from one computer to another
i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel Macros live in excel workbooks. So you can just copy that workbook with the macro to the other pc and open it there. TorToms wrote: > > i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Or you could export the module containing the macro as a *.BAS file, email it to other computer then import to another workbook. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:05:48 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote: >Macros live in excel workbooks. > >So ...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Can you ignore table validation on query append?
Hello, I have a table that has validation: IIf([Document 1] Is Null,[Document 2] Is Not Null And [Document 3] Is Not Null,IIf([Document 1] Is Not Null,[Document 2] Is Null And [Document 3] Is Null)) This is because when my user fills out their form, they must select one choice from List A OR one item from List B and one item from list C. My problem is that I have an append query to add any new hires to the table in an autoexec. The append query is failing because I am not updating any data for the above Documents. Is there anyway for me to get around the table validation on my append? Any ...

Dotnnetnuke 5.0 adding a new page
If you need the basics on how to add a new page to dotnetnuke you can follow this link, this is also a great website for more dotnetnuke information. http://www.hostmyservices.com/SupportPages/HowtoAddanewWebPage.aspx Thank you HostMyservices.com ...

GP 9.0 and Fabrikam
I want to provide access to this test company. I see the company in the list when I start up GP Utilities, but it shows a lock beside it. How would I access it. Also, there is no option to create or re-create Fabrikam. Any direction appreciated. Dave Dave, It seems the sample company failed to be created the first time around, which will force you to check a few things: 1) Verify whether the TWO database was created on SQL Server. Open SQL Server Management Studio or Enterprise Manager and check in your databases to see if it has been created. If the database is present, you w...

Outlook address book with CRM
I am trying to create an address book in outlook that originates from Microsoft CRM. Can the CRM Sales for Outlook do this or is there something else I can use? ...

Complete system lockup when opening publisher
We have been having this problem for a while and recently it started a second system so now I can rule out the one laptop, but I'm hoping someone has a fix for this. The my documents are sync'd to the U: drive which is a network share. Sometimes when the user opens publisher it will freeze and lockup the entire system. You can move the mouse but that is all. Even Ctrl-Alt-Delete does nothing. I have to hard power off and on the laptop to get windows responding again. Everything else works just fine. But to get publisher working again, I have to open regedit and...

'undeliverable: system administrator'
Sorry but this is driving my crazy. Some emails i send through a pop account do get sent. Some outgoing emails do not appear to have a sending attempt, and are returned to the inbox titled undeliverable by system administrator. I sought online help and found that: the program could not contact the pop account and therefore was undeliverable. This is the only help answer i could find. This is not the case for me. I can send multiple emails at once and specific ones consistantly are listed as undeliverable while others are consistantly sent. The emails that are undeliverable can be sen...

Affiliated View
What does this entity view return? I was thinking it would return (for example) all opportunities that are attached to the accounts that are setup as "related" to a master account (via Relationships). We've setup relationships between accounts, and would like to see all the opportunities down that chain. Any suggestions how to make that work? ...

Not enough system resources to display completely
I am getting this message box more frequently in my Excel workbook. Cannot find in help topics. Thanks Check out the below..(Might help) http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqapp.html#xlb -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "bgkgmg" wrote: > I am getting this message box more frequently in my Excel workbook. Cannot > find in help topics. > > Thanks I checked out site and is very helpful but why does it not happen when I adjust the zoom percentage? "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > Check out the below..(Might help) > http://www.contextures.com/xlf...

Can't find CD/DVDdrive
My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. Working fine yesterday - no software changes made. Both have power to them. I've unplugged everything and put a new lead from them to the motherboard. Doesn't appear to be anything physical. Followed various posts on this site. Mr Fixit recognises the problem but can't fix it. Went into registry. Higher filters there but no lower filters. Any suggestions? On 06/20/2010 05:13 AM, Philx5 wrote: > My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. ...

Business Portal 3.0 Breaks SQL Reporting Services
Hi, I had a box with Windows 2003 Server, running SQL 2005 with SQL Reporting Services up and running fine. SharePoint was also installed and running fine. Then I installed Business Portal and now SharePoint works, BP works but SQL Reporting Services is broke. I have done an uninstal and reinstall of SQL Reporting Services. Anyone see the error below or know what I should change? Server Error in '/Reports' Application Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the speci...

Can't send large attachments
I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of outgoing attachments. My ISP has a 10mb limit but Outlook seems to balk at anything larger than 2mb. Anyone? -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com Nadyne on MSN Messenger Cable/DSL or dialup? If Cable/DSL, are you behind a router (Linksys) that lets you share a single IP address with many computers? "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Sizgc.19499$G_.13360@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of ...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

Separate database server for CRM
We have CRM installed accross an application server and a separate database server. We're getting an error when our custom pages try to access a custom database. The error message: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Everything works fine in the development environment, which unfortunately has everything on one server. >From other information we've found, the issue seems to be that the ASPNet user is not being authenticated on the database server. If we turn on anonymous access and force it to a domain ac...

System restore problem
Windows XP Home SP3. I'm trying to do a system restore, by going to Start | Accessories | System Tools | System restore. I select a date, and click next, but nothing happens. I've tried several different dates with no luck. Am I screwed or is there a way to manually force a system restore without using this wizard? Thanks in advance for any help. Craig Try SR in Safe Mode. Why do you want to run SR? Are you having a problem? "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:u9722H$sKHA.5276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Win...

How can I access a file in Outlook Public Folder by VBscript
It does not have to be VBscript.. I need sync the file with my local harddrive... Thanks. Nix wrote: > It does not have to be VBscript.. > I need sync the file with my local harddrive... > > Thanks. Why does it need to be a script at all? You can add your public folder to your PF\Favorites (drag it there) and include it in your send/receive settings for offline use with your OST file. ...

data import and word templates missing from CRM
Hi. I'm working with a new install of CRM and there are some icons missing in the setttings area such as the import function on the data management page and word templates under templates. Any ideas about why this is? Thanks. ...

To get user training manual for Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hello I am implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 for an health care company in Michigan. Right now I have experience with installation, customizing and CRM application functions for 2 years. In the future I would like to pursue my future as a Microsoft CRM consultant. Thus, I would like to get all 3 of certificates of Microsoft CRM:- Which is:- 1. Application 2. Customizing 3. Installation and Configuration The problem I have is I work for a company which I am not permanent employee, and this company is not Microsoft Partner also. So If I would like to have user manuals for preparation to ...

How can you enable a combobox to be "tabbed" or entered out of?
I am trying to allow users to tab in to a combobox and then tab/enter out after a selection is made. Right now you have to use the mouse to enter the combobox (tabbing goes to the cell underneath it) and after you make a selection, its like you're stuck in the box - you can only get out by using the mouse or pressing escape (which then brings you to the last cell you were in). Is there a way to fix this? ...

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

Defining products
Where can I find good examples of defining products, units, unit groups, price list, discount list? Should I follow MSCRM suggested order of defining products. Is there an article that explain well, product defining procedure? Thanks in advance. ...

windows xp home op system viewing options
I've been running windows xp, home & pro, for some time now. In that system, pics that you have in your comp can be displayed in thumbnail form like a web page. My ancient monitor just blew up, and I FINALLY got a flat screen 20" monitor, but now the thumbs are MICROSCOPIC!! I've used the display settings to enhance the view to 150%, but it only affects text. Also, Explorer 8 has zoom features, but many of the programs, and my big want, the thumbnail pics are so tiny they're hurting my eyes to see them. Can we adjust the size of displayed files in the hard ...

How can I customize the right-click context menu in Word 2007
I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007. In Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Steve Samson" <SteveSamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20FD91E-CFE2-402A-8A54-9F58880A3126@micros...