How can I link a SRS Report with the Account?

I have made a Report that list the 5 major types of Accounts and when the
user clicks a Account I would like to open the Account. How can I put a Link
in a Table Details Section on the SRS Reports?
--
Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM
Applications Professional

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you have the SDK help file, this explains how this can be done - in the
Reports section.

In summary though, this is what you do:
1.	Create a hidden Parameter of type Text
2.	Find the URL of the record type you want.
                       Open a record in CRM, tap F11, then copy the URL
3.	Paste the URL into the ‘non-queried’ Data Values of the Parameter
Delete everything onward from the {
4.	In your dataset, select the recordid field.  E.g. for Accounts it is the
‘accountid’
5.	In your Layout, select the field you want the user to be able to click on
to go to the CRM record, then go to the advanced properties window and scroll
down to ‘Actions’.
6.	Pick – jump to URL, then construct the URL with the record GUID (e.g.
accountid)

You can see below that we have concatenated:
-	The parameter CRMURL
-	The accountid – and turned it into a string
-	The } to end the URL
=Parameters!CRMURL.Value & Fields!accountid.Value.ToString & “}”

When the report is run, and you hover the mouse over the account name, it
turns into a Hand.  Click and the account record is opened in CRM.

"MATTBIONDI" wrote:

> I have made a Report that list the 5 major types of Accounts and when the
> user clicks a Account I would like to open the Account. How can I put a Link
> in a Table Details Section on the SRS Reports?
> --
> Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM
> Applications Professional
> Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM
> Customization

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

How can I know which SP has been put on the exchange2K
Where can I see this msg? Thanks Open exchange manager, organization, right pane. "Geoffrey" <yile1978@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvLLBUYwFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Where can I see this msg? > Thanks > check www.petri.co.il or check for the answer on the 10th(9th from ur posting)thread on this site,that is named"finding on version of sp installed" ...

Report.SalesPlusTax
I don't know if you guys have ever try to show the total tax sale on the z report, but when i make the modified on the z report it came out that the total tax is 0. It didn't show me anything, i don't know if the script is wrong or the script is not working for RMS V1.3?? Has anyone ever tried that?? <ROW> "Taxable Sales|" Report.SalesPlusTax </ROW> ...

The Links from e-mails don't work
If I copy the links and insert it into IE 8 it reads it. Trying to link over from an e-mail directly is not working. If I copy the link and go to IE 8.0 the link (URL address) works. It was working before. pgman27 You mean if you click on the link in a message it does nothing, not even an error message? Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on...

crosstab qry as report source breaks Access2007
We have 3 reports whose record sources are crosstab queries. All have work fine on the pc's running Access2003. But, the one pc running Access2007 doesn't like the crosstab queries as the report source. We don't get an error - only the dreaded 'Access has encountered a problem and has closed...' It totally shuts down the access application. I stepped through the little bit of onOpen code while opening the reports and all works fine. I open the crosstab query and it opens just fine. To test the theory that it is a crosstab source problem, I tried to recreate one of the...

How can I print just the flip side of a booklet?
How can I print just the flip side of a booklet? I printed the first side just fine and then my computer went funny and I had to shut down and start back up again. I have 25 copies of the first side that need to be printed on the back side. Pub 2000 user here: There may be a better way but I think you will have to print a page at a time i.e., File, Print Page 2 of 2; then 3 of 3 and so on. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pqc18" <pqc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92653E8D-9772-4AE0-A9C3-514B363E72B2@microsoft.com... > How can I print just the flip side ...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

seperate accounts to seperate folders?
Hi I just had a quick question... I am currently using Outlook 2003, and I have 2 pop3 email accounts se up in my outlook.....one of them is my personal company email and th other is the general comapny email address (which i am responsible fo checking). What i am trying to find out how to do is, is it possibl to have the general company email messages go directly to a seperat folder besides the inbox? I still want my personal company email t come to the Inbox folder, but i want the general company email to go t a folder called "SCS." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank...

outlook can't receive exe files

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

"x" button enables deletion.... can we put a focus trigger there?
Hi, on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete. However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways. Is there any way to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" button? Thanks in advance. I assume you are working with Dexterity. To work with an add...

Setting up my work outlook account at home
I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. This is really a question for your Mail Administrator. This depends on what ISP is used for work or if you use the Exchange Server. Then there may be a domain access issue. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Liz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049a01c39db2$d8df2cb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. ...

Link and Embed in 2003
Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or 'link to file' command to insert a picture. During our development we prefer to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded. 1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the picture is linked or embedded? 2. Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the picture as 'insert' Cheers! -- Blumburg In article <07E6153F-5D...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

stock variance report
Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no $$ values and this is quite important at HQ. How do others work with this? IB Ivan, Create a custom report using the Quantity Discrepancy List as a template, add the SnapShotCost, SnapShotLastCost and/or SnapShotReplacementCost column from the ItemDynamic table times the qty difference. -- * "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:%23Idw6wPAGHA.2912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no ...

Can't upgrade companies to SP4
R [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.I had a base installation of GP 9.0, no patches. Decided to download SP4 and install. Install of the MSI went fine and upgrading the master databases worked, but going company by company, I get the following error: The following SQL statement produced an error: CREATE Procedure SVC_POP_Make_PO( @PromisedDate datetime, @OrderedBy char(15), @BatchNum char(15), @ItemNumber char(30), @VendorItemNumber char(30), @LocationCode char(10), @Uo...

Can't receive EMail #5

trying to link maps and pie charts
Hello I was trying to link sales data stored in an excel table with a specific country in MapPoint. This software allows you to do this very easily. You can even picture the data in piecharts (% sales for each competitor). However there is very little flexibility with the look of the result: you cannot choose the color of the slices of the pie, you may not display data on the graph, and the maps do not look very professional. I know it is possible to link automatically a table with a shape in visio. Can this shape be a given country/region on a map? Can the callouts have th...

Can I do this query in one step?
Suppose I have a talble like this, each record has a unique ID. All"A"s or "B", "C"s should have only x or y or z property attached. Iwant to find A, B or C which has more than one properties.1 A x ...2 A x ...3 A x ...4 A y ...5 B x6 B y7 C z....resutls would look like:A xA y....I think I can do this in two steps or with a subquery. Then I thoughtof self-join but didn't figure out how to use it in this case.Thanks a lot! SELECT DISTINCT and do not include the record ID perhaps? Or is the record ID vital?"muster" <muster@gmail.com> wrote in me...