Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.

On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner.
In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner.

When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden.
When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the
picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields
needs to stay hidden.

I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype
and i need to make code on the onload of the page.
I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work.
Can someone please help me out please.
0
Deeske (6)
4/29/2009 2:19:36 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

check the datavalue of customertype picklist on load of form and if it
matchs with your criteris then unhide the filed else hide the field.same kind
of code you have used in onchange will work.

"Deeske" wrote:

> On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner.
> In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner.
>
> When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden.
> When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the
> picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields
> needs to stay hidden.
>
> I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype
> and i need to make code on the onload of the page.
> I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work.
> Can someone please help me out please.
0
sudhanshu (8)

How Big can Company Data Bases get
Company running Dynamics GP Standard 1) How big can we allow their database to get? I beleive it is approaching the limit, so I would like to go through and eliminate old data. But first as their year end approaches, I would like to copy the existing data to a second data base- (a back company up per say so they could easily enter that company and then go back in time that way). Would someone have detailed instructions on how to do this? -- Clay Tait How big is it now and what makes you think it's near "the limit"? The limit tends to be pretty fluid depending on hardwar...

Selecting a filepath based on cell contents
ok ill try and explain this as easily as i can. I export a csv daily (1-Borrowed Hours ddmm.csv) ddmm would be the date and month I keep this folder in a similar filepath to the below g:\folder1\folder2ddmm\1-borrowed Hours ddmm.csv I have another spreadsheet that links to this spreadhseet for example lets say cell A1 on my new book links to cell A1 on the saved csv file. i would like to place a date in cell c1 and month d1 in my new book and the filepath change to the required new csv. I realise that if the path does not exist then this will cause an error. I tried using the concatenat...

Overlapping of values in different tables.
I am wondering if there is a way to create a pivot table - or some other way - that will show the relationships of rows between tables. I have attached data from potentially 4 different tables and the business is wanting to see the number of times that a paticular ID shows up in different table join combinations. For example, we want to know the count of unique IDs will show in the NPS, AAC and ECM tables. Is it possible to create a pivot table that will dynamically adjust based on a user choosing the column combinations that they want to see without having to create a separate pivot...

find location max value in column
I need to find the cell location of the max value in a column. If paste the following [from =(cell onwards] into a cell I get the righ result. Having a hgard time getting the right VBA code to make thi work in an unattended macro. Probably some bonehead mistake on my part but I cannot find it. Suggestions? GOAL is to make this formula work. Range("z2").Formula "=(CELL(e1,OFFSET(e1,MATCH(MAX(e1:e100),e1:100,0)-1,0)))" TIA, Ro -- rroac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rroach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Retrieving default values specified from XML Schema file
Hi All, I have an VS.NET 2003 app which will be processing XML files, some of which will have empty elements (for example, <Item />). I have an XSD file which should supply default values, but I am not able to read these plugged in value using an XMLDocument object. The validation is working fine--it's just not providing any default values. Has anybody tried this? Am I must be missing something? This is one of those that "should be simple..." Here's a simplifed version of the code and XML files: XmlDocument xmldoc = new XmlDocument(); XmlSchemaCollection my...

Preventing Blank based on another Cell
I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right. I have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell equals a text value (say "S"). Anyone have an idea? I am stumped at this seemingly easy task. I forgot to add the valid combinations: E7 = P and F7 = Entry: OK E7 = P and F7 = Blank: OK E7 = S and F7 = Entry: OK E7 = S and F7 = Blank: INVALID bluegrassstateworker wrote: > I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right. I > have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell > equals a text value (sa...

Adding column data based on match in 2nd column
Hi, Simple problem, but got me stumped. The setup: I have 2 columns. The first (column A starting in row 10) has members' names. The second (column B starting in row 10) has the additions made by the members over time. Column B has a 'header' cell that adds up the values entered by a particular member. The header cell for column B is B9. Cell A1 contains the member's name that cell B9 has to add the values for. I need a formula for Cell B9. For example: [Cell A1] Member A [Row 9] Formula needed for cell B9 COLUMN A_______|| COLUMN B____ [Row 10] Member...

multi-value field
I'm still learning Access, so I must apologize in advance for my question. I have four tables, tblBrochure, tblStaff, tblOrganization, tblResourceDistribution. tblBrochure has two fields -BrochureName -Active (y/n) tblStaff has two fields -StaffName -Active (y/n) tblOrganization has two fields -OrgName -textbox (0 and 1, explained below) tblResourceDistribution has 5 fields -DistribDate -StaffName (lookup from tblStaff ->Staffname -Organization (lookup from tblOrganization ->OrgName) ...

Problem with draging a formula,one cell value fixed,trivial question
Hi. I have a value in cell A10. Then i have a formula in cell C1 which goes: (A1+B1)/A10. If I drag the formula down to cell C5 the formula for C2 will be (A2+B2)/A11, for C3 will be (A3+B3)/A12,....,for C5 will be (A5+B)/A14. I would like the formula to have the A10 parameter fixed so when i drag the formula down the A10 would always be A10(it wouldn't go up by 1). So the formula for C2 will be (A2+B2)/A10, for C3 will be (A3+B3)/A10,....,for C5 will be (A5+B5)/A10. Please help. Thanks, Marko make your original in C1 formula =(A1+B1)/A$10 then drag down. See help on absolute versus re...

Lookup value selection
Is there any way to select lookup value by pressing "Enter" key on keyboard and avoid mouse click? -- romeo!! Please clarify. I could use the up and down arrow to select the values and then press "Enter" key to select the lookup value - works for me in v4.0. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "romeo" wrote: > Is there any way to select lookup value by pressing "Enter" key on keyboard > and avoid mouse click? > > -- > romeo!! ...

How to ignore records with a duplicate ID based on a value
I hae searched the forum tono avail, so I'll ask for help. I have a table [Scope Event Table] which records events with status changes. The table uses an auto numbered primary key (not shown in the example below). It has data like this: DR_ID Event_Date Reason 12556 01/03/2008 Added 12556 01/24/2008 Closed 12874 01/05/2008 Added 14128 02/09/2008 Added I am a novice at SQL. I am trying to build a query that would pull only the DR_ID’s where the most recent Reason = “Added”. So I would want results to look like this: DR_ID Event_Date Reason 12874 01/05/2008 Added 14128 02/09/2008...

Vlookup
Dear all, For vlookup, it will return the value of the destination cell. Is it possible to return the row no. instead of value of the destination cell?? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks & regards, Automne Look at the MATCH function in Help. On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:41:39 +0800, "automne" <hersbt_no_spam@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: >Dear all, > >For vlookup, it will return the value of the destination cell. Is it >possible to return the row no. instead of value of the destination cell?? > >Your help is highly appreciated. > >Thanks & regards,...

merging a value in a text field with each line in a memo field
I am trying to merge a value in a text field with the information in a memo field using a query to create a report. This is the query I am using: SELECT AVRelay+","+IPRange FROM T_Sites AVRelay is the text field and IPRange is the Memo. IPRange has multiple lines, each of which I need appended with the value in AVRelay for the report. It should look like. 2,192.168.1.0/24 2,192.168.0.0/24 2,192.168.2.0/24 Instead it looks like 2,192.168.1.0/24 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 I have searched far and wide but has come up empty. Please help! I would gues...

Hide subforms control from main forms control
I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code. Please help. Ciao New_Access wrote: > I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform > if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code. > Please help. Private sub form_current() if youControlName => "1" then forms!NameForm!SubForm.form.YouControlName.visible = false end if end sub -- Ciao Geppo geppo, why does access think my FormName is a fieldname. "geppo" <ccc@tin.it.inva...

Set default values
I've set up a template where I have headers and cell validations. I want to be able to have some of the fileds in the row autopopulate once the first cell in the row is entered. Do you know of a way that I can code this using VBA. For example, A3 is populated with a value, I then want G3 to be updated with a "1". -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com In G3: =IF(A3="","",1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k In G3 use the formula =IF(A3<>"",1,"") The "" is a pair of double-quotes with no space between be...

VSTO
I retrieve a PivotTable in Analysis Services. How can i get the Pivotitems in spreadsheet to hide/unhide? I maked a loop in the pivottable, but the interop disable th pivotitems -- zeri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- zeric's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3100 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50675 ...

Sending value to a cell
Hi there, I want to dump a computed value into a cell that isn't the one the calculation was done in. Can it be done from the original cell? Hi no, not with a formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "CM32134" <CM32134@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0768C79B-586C-42CB-A7AE-1A817C4CE5F5@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > I want to dump a computed value into a cell that isn't the one the > calculation was done in. Can it be done from the original cell? A worksheet formula returns a value and can do nothing else. Think...

Exchange 2k7 powershell truncates multi-value properties
Greetings, I'm running the following command: Get-SendConnector -Identity "Send Connector Name" | ft -autosize -wrap -property AddressSpaces We have over 20 domains in this list. When I run this command it lists 16 of these domains and then just sticks ... at the end. If I leave out the -wrap switch the output lists only 3 domains. How can I get this command to list ALL the contents of the AddressSpaces property? Thanks Try to pipe to format-list instead. --- Shay Levy Windows PowerShell MVP http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/ScriptFanatic...

How to round the numeric value?
Kindly tell me that how can we round the numeric value? Example: 1.2 = 1.5, 1.7 = 2.0 "Salman Saeed" <Salman Saeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5460D85-6DEE-4EC5-8E83-A1A5E158966A@microsoft.com... > Kindly tell me that how can we round the numeric value? > Example: 1.2 = 1.5, 1.7 = 2.0 Use the RND function..... =CEILING(A1,0.5) -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Salman Saeed" <Salman Saeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5460D85-6DEE-4EC5-8E83-A1A5E158966A@microsoft.com... > Kindly...

vlookup-Closest value
Dear Friends, How can I use Vlookup to give me the closest value greather than or equal to vlookup value.For example if my lookup value is 5 and I have 4.9 and 5.1,5.2 It chooses 5.1 and give me the corresponding value. Thank you, atatari wrote: > Dear Friends, > > How can I use Vlookup to give me the closest value greather than or equal to > vlookup value.For example if my lookup value is 5 and I have 4.9 and 5.1,5.2 > It chooses 5.1 and give me the corresponding value. > > Thank you, VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup) The default behavi...

The most occurence of a value in a column
I have 1 to 5 as values in a column. How can I find the number with the most occurrence in that column? Thanks, cpliu Hi =MODE(A1:A100) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cpliu" <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns959C8C47C309BchanciusliuDeleteThi@130.133.1.4... > I have 1 to 5 as values in a column. How can I find the number with the > most occurrence in that column? > > Thanks, > > cpliu Try: =INDEX(A1:A5,MATCH(MAX(COUNTIF(A1:A5,A1:A5)),COUNTIF (A1:A5,A1:A5),0)) Array-entered, meaning press ctrl/shift/enter. H...

OWA Form based authentication
Hello Newsgroup ! I have a question. Does someone of you know how to access the mailbox of another user when form based authentication is enabled? Without FBA enabled it is servername/exchange/user@doamin.com. I don't know how to access the mailbox directly from the logon page when FBA is enabled. Thank you in advanced Br Markus ...

reformulating question regarding maximum value
I had an hour ago put a question up named "find maximum", but I had not formulated my query fully, hence this query. In each row, I want to find the second highest value in that row, and then as output give the value of that cell in the first row. For example: 1 2 6 8 6 5 4 3 2 4 5 6 3 2 3 8 6 4 5 3 7 2 3 1 The second largest value in the second row is nr 6. It is in the fourht cell of that row. The fourth cell of the first row is the value 8. This should be the output for the second row. The second largest value in the third row is the number 6. It is in the first cell of th...

Automatic formatting of minimum/maximum value in a range.
I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be selected by a single command How about cond. formatting? 1. Select the range. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" and copy in this: =OR(INDIRECT("rc",0)=MAX(rng),INDIRECT("rc",0)=MIN(rng)) where "rng" is a defined name for your range. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be >selected by a single command >. > What do you want to do with t...

I am making a charts with weird X-values for my Ecology cl\
i am making a chart with weird X-values. Instead of single, whole numbers, I need each value to be as follows: 1-2, 3-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc. Please help me!! My chart keeps going to whole numbers instead and its been driving me crazy for days! What chart type are you using? If you want your X-axis to be category labels, rather than actual numbers, you may find that a line chart (or one of the other chart types) is more suitable than an XY (scatter) chart, if the latter is what you are currently trying. -- David Biddulph "Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...