help with CRM1.2 deployment - 92563

Hi,

I installed MS CRM1.2 on a Windows 2003 server. The sample database
(Adventure Cycles Work) and license key provided used; CRM server
added to the Pre-Windows 2000 compatible access group; installed and
accessed as domain administrator.

When I access the web application at the server with localhost or
server name, it works just fine. However, when I try to access it
through client machines in the same domain, IE will simplely
crash/disappear after I input my user name and password.

Someone please help me...

Thanks in advance!

-duoduo
0
duoduoxi
7/12/2004 9:15:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It is due to the fact that MBS CRM uses pop-up windows.
Check that your clients allows for pop-up windows.
Sten

0
Sten
7/13/2004 8:11:06 AM
You need to disable your popup blockers or configure them to ignore you site.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 12 Jul 2004 14:15:03 -0700, duoduoxi@gmail.com (duoduo) wrote:

Hi,

I installed MS CRM1.2 on a Windows 2003 server. The sample database
(Adventure Cycles Work) and license key provided used; CRM server
added to the Pre-Windows 2000 compatible access group; installed and
accessed as domain administrator.

When I access the web application at the server with localhost or
server name, it works just fine. However, when I try to access it
through client machines in the same domain, IE will simplely
crash/disappear after I input my user name and password.

Someone please help me...

Thanks in advance!

-duoduo

0
Matt
7/14/2004 4:01:52 AM
Thank you very much! It worked!

-duoduo

Matt Parks <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message news:<r0c9f014oju0a6vtb2733kg9b6fjv6dme5@4ax.com>...
> You need to disable your popup blockers or configure them to ignore you site.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On 12 Jul 2004 14:15:03 -0700, duoduoxi@gmail.com (duoduo) wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed MS CRM1.2 on a Windows 2003 server. The sample database
> (Adventure Cycles Work) and license key provided used; CRM server
> added to the Pre-Windows 2000 compatible access group; installed and
> accessed as domain administrator.
>
> When I access the web application at the server with localhost or
> server name, it works just fine. However, when I try to access it
> through client machines in the same domain, IE will simplely
> crash/disappear after I input my user name and password.
>
> Someone please help me...
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -duoduo
0
duoduoxi

My Exchange 5.5 is relaying encapsulated messages HELP!
My Exchange 5.5 server appears to be relaying encapsulated messages. On the "routing" tab of the IMC, I have it set to "re-route SMTP mail..." but on the "routing restrictions" button I have every single item UNCHECKED. Also, I have rebooted the server. I heard that you have to disable encapsulated relaying via the registry, but I can't seem to find the article on Microsoft's site. Can anyone help?? Uncehck re-route SMTP mail. If you have POP or IMAP users who need an SMTP IMC to relay mail, for their use install an IMC on a separate Exchagne 5.5 s...

Adding multiple products to a contact: Challenge/HELP!!!
Here is a challenge: We sell products ( traing courses) where we have to be able to link a contact to a product. thanks to Andrew on the message "Mapping between standard and custom entity" we were able to do that using the ideas he posted. as well as his blog. (http://andrewn23.blogspot.com/) What we now run into is that we can have multiple courses on a single quote/order and want to associate the contact/stuent easily with the products. when one wants to for instance merge accounts there is the possibility for selecting multiples by usng the control key and then clicking ...

Publisher calendars #2
I'd like to know how to put the "Sunday" column at the far left This is determined by your regional settings in the control panel. A workaround, find a year where Sunday falls on your calendar start day and change the week headings. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "arriputter" <arriputter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFA42774-09A1-4A61-AEC0-0E61C45B6975@microsoft.com... > I'd like to know how to put the "Sunday" column at the far left ...

Need help with a function
Hi I'm sorry but I'm not too much familiar with Excel. I have some listing in column A For example in A1 I have: D:\blabla\folder1\file1.xxx in A2 I have: D:\blabla\folder2\file2.xxx in A3 I have: D:\blabla\folder3\file3.xxx I want the word between the 2nd and 3rd '\' to be in color red. So in A1 folder1 should be in red, in A2 folder2 in red etc I could do it manually but there are like 3000 lines. It would take forever. Is this simple to achieve with a script/macro/? ? I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Christophe Presumably you want to pick that value o...

Open File Dialog Help
I am trying to set the m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir to "My Music" on an open file dialog, but can't seem to get it to work right. I would like it to default to the c:\documents and settings\user\My Documents\My Music, regardless of the machine the application is running on. The project is being built using Visual C++ 6.0 Professional, on a Windows 2K machine, but may be running in any Windows environment. Thanks, SHGetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PERSONAL) gets you to My Documents ...

pop up calender PT 2
Thanks Jim This is what I needed but I am having a problem connect the date to a cell that will work with the VLOOKUP attached Can this date be tied to the cell? You can try the Microsoft Date and Time Picker control. Add the Control Toolbox menu to your toolbars. Select the last button that looks like a hammer and wrench. Select the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control. Add that to your sheet. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Norm" wrote: > Is there a pop up calender that can be embedded when sharing or emailing > worksheets? > Thanks Wa...

Outlook contacts #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C6D122.32A1B6F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey Folks Anybody know of a third party product that will allow a network XP Pros = machines running Outlook to be able to share their contacts without = Exchange server hosting their emails? ie. they're using POP3 from a = third party mail provider? R Green ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C6D122.32A1B6F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

2 different types of data sets displayed on 1 graph
I have a district that I wish to show performance (sales)in the months from July to November and comapred this with 2004 and 2005. Now on top of this I want to display on the same graph a second variable say number of customers for each month and each year, in order to bring some greater relevance to the static bar graphs that I propose doing for the first part. So I have been assisted on this discussion group to have a bar graph that is set up with the months as rows and the 2004 and 2005 as columns for the sales data BUT how do I now display the second variable 'number of customer...

VBA Help #6
I know this is simple so I apologize for posting it. I'm looking for the VBA code to take a sheet and sort the rows (below row 2) by a certain column, descending. After sorting, I want Excel to provide shading in alternating rows. For example: Row 2 - no shading Row 3 - Shading Row 4 - no shading Row 5 - shading. Thanks in advance for the help. On Jan 25, 10:47=A0am, SHalper <scott.m.hal...@gmail.com> wrote: > I know this is simple so I apologize for posting it. =A0I'm looking for > the VBA code to take a sheet and sort the rows (below row 2) by a > certain column,...

SAP Installation #2
Hi Just to share my experience , he is good service provider , please contact him on 1sapmate@gmail.com ...

Send mail problem #2
POsted this in outlook.general with no response so will try this group. APologies for the cross post but I am still unable to resolve this issue. W2K Pro will all patches and updates. Had Outlook running fine for a long time strictly for internet email at home. Worked on getting a VPN connection through our firewall at work. The VPN connection did work but I was unable to get my outlook to pull mail from our server once I reconfigured Outlook for Exchange. Uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled. Configured for my internet account only and now it will not send mail at all. The server properties...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

RMS Hardware Configuration chat today, 2/10, at 11 a.m. PST
Hi all, I wanted let you know that we're getting ready to start a live chat in the MBS chat room at 11 AM PST -- today. Here are the details: Live Chat: Hardware configuration in Microsoft Retail Management System 1.2 Get answers to your questions on hardware setup and configuration in this February 10 chat room event hosted by Microsoft Retail Management System developers Balaji Balasubramanian, Josef Schauer, Dan Hanke, and Sylvester La Blanc. You can find our chat room here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/chatroom.aspx Hope to see some of you there! Best, Michelle...

Rules / Macro? Help
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C478A8.C4D615E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. This is what I would like to do. If the subject line of the e-mail I = just received reads " Cat " then I would like Outlook to automatically = send/forward the " Cat Template ". If the subject line of the e-mail I = just received reads " Dog " then I would like Outlook to automatically = send/foard the " Cat Template ". I've looked into trying to ...

Pivot Table Help #2
- Automaticly Refreshing Pivot Table Data I have a made a macro called "depsub" that gathers sales data from each one of our sales departments, compiles it onto one page, sorts it and SUBTOTALs the data by employee and department. I also have a PivotTable that needs to use this same data. PivotTables can not be generated from subtotaled data. So I have to nest a macro within my "depsub" macro that generates a PivotTable prior to the data being subtotaled. Problem is every time I try to do this the macro errors out and stops when I try to creat the pivot table. Here i...

Sintax Help!
I would like to print a sheet and a graph from a macro. I would like to call both by the Number and not the Name of each. In other words if the sheet was named Chart10 (BoxTops)I need to be able to call the sheet by "Chart10" not "boxtops". This way if the name changes the macro will still work. Somthing like... Sub test() ' ' test Macro ' Macro recorded 5/23/2005 by ' 'Print Chart Sheets("chart12").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub But my macro errors out on the first line. How to you c...

Calculated Columns Help
FIND/SEARCH functions both return #DEFAULT! if string is not found. If it is not found, I'd like to display a different value (one of the other columns). All my attempts to check if the calculated column = "#DEFAULT!" fail. It is as if it is not really a string. How can I test for #DEFAULT! value? ...

Recipient Policy help #3
I updated our recipient policy to add a new SMTP domain to everyone's mailbox, it all looked great until I noticed it added the domain to our contacts in the reciepient OU too. Now these external contacts include another smtp address with our domain name. How can I get rid of these? Use admodify to bulk remove them. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 James Chong Gonzo wrote: > I updated our recipient policy to add a new SMTP domain to everyone's > mailbox, it all looked great until I noticed it added the domain t...

can someone help with this error?
Error: "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator" One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to open the forwarded message that the error occurs. Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar ...

comparing 2 sheets
hi! k, this is wht i have sheet1 (short list of about 400 parts with no descripiton) columns - part # description sheet2(complete list of about 2000 parts with description) same columns - part # description now is there a way that excel can compare a part # from sheet 1 to that of sheet 2 and then fill the corresponding description. if you can help will save me hours of boring work. thanks a lot!! Hi keyur in sheet 1, column B (description) enter the following in B2: =VLOOKUP(A2,'sheet 2'!$A$1:$B$9999,2, FALSE) copy this for all rows in sheet 1 HTH Frank keyur wrote...

Please help with contacts and address book
I am using Outlook 2000 and have two sets of folders: 1. Outlook Today - [Mailbox - My Name] 2. Personal Folders The first folder is my link to Exchange Server. When I click on New Mail Message and click on Address Book, the list of addresses I see is from Contacts located under Personal Folders. I have two questions: 1. How do I get the Address Book to list my Outlook Today (Exchange Server) contacts? 2. How do I back up or synchronize my Outlook Today contacts so both contact lists (Outlook Today and Personal Folders) are the same? Thanks, Peter ...

Help: Unread message indicator lost in ShortCut (Outlook 2000)
This used to work fine. The number of unread messages used to show up by the name of the folder in the shortcut bar; e.g., Inbox (3). For some reason it all disappeared. The folder list still shows the numbers in parentheses beside the name, but the shortcut bar doesn't. Even I delete the one in the shortcut and copy (re-copy) the folder over it won't work. I'm using XP Pro (upgraded from Home) and Outlook 2000. Help is appreciated. T. J. Fan ...

Please help Sync problem: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002
Since two weeks ago each time I try to sync my messages in Windows Live Mail with my Hotmail account I get the following error: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (XXXXXXX) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 ...

Event ID 5896 after upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0
As the subject, I upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0, and now everytime a mail passes through I get the following error in the Application Event: Source: CrmExchangeQueueServ Event ID: 5896 Description: An HTTP Status of '404 - Not Found' occurred while attempting to deliver a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'subject of mail' URL: 'http://servername/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' Checked the location above, and sure enough - there is no CrmEmail.srf file, so it throws a 404 error.. great, only - why is this file missing?!! I presume it didn&#...

Adding Chinese holidays to Outlook 2002 Calendar #2
Hi, I've been all over the place, looking for a way to add Chinese holidays to the Outlook calendar. Already checked within Outlook and Chinese holidays are not on the list of countries available. Taiwan, which would probably be the same is also not available. I've been to Slipstick, as suggested by someone, but can't find any Chinese holiday files to add to the outlook.txt file. Anybody have any ideas? Melissa "playmissy4me@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I've been all over the place, looking for a way to add Chinese holidays > to the Outlook cale...