Help with ACT! to CRM migration

Hi to anyone that can help.

I am trying to do a trial data migration from our ACT! database to MSCRM to 
see what it will look like. I have installed the migration framework and 
appear to have CRM running fine on a server in our network (no errors on 
install and all windows appear ok).

Since I do not have a strong database background I was wondering if someone 
could confirm what I believe is MS's way of migrating my data accross.

I have exported the data from ACT! to a text file. I imported this into 
excel and repleaced the Free/busy data with a unique number for each record. 
I then used the SQL import data wizard to import some of the data from the 
text file into the accounts table of the CDF database. I mapped the columns 
that I can see match from the data migration framework excel sheet that MS 
provide. Thing is some of them do not map exactly.. (URL is called Webste and 
ZIP is postcode), but I figure this is expected.

I used the unique ID's that I creaded in column 1 as the Account ID that the 
Accounts table requires as it kept giving me errors unless I input this data.

Thing is now that I am ready to do the next table that the MS excel sheet 
says is mapped it is asking me to map lots of similar data that I have 
already imported in the previous table? is this correct? Also is the export 
of the data from ACT to the text file teh best way? I would think that it can 
not export all of the data this way?

Any suggestions please, or places I can look to learn more about this process.

Andrew
0
Utf
11/16/2004 10:59:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

2 Replies
489 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

Andrew,

You need Scribe Insight (www.scribesoft.com) - you can get an evaluation to 
check it out.

There are exisiting Act! to MSCRM migrations available from them - no extra 
charge.

A 45-day "migrate" license will cost $495.


Stephen

"Andrew Keegan" <AndrewKeegan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:35A4202D-9938-4A9F-917C-D27B3F0E9F8E@microsoft.com...
> Hi to anyone that can help.
>
> I am trying to do a trial data migration from our ACT! database to MSCRM 
> to
> see what it will look like. I have installed the migration framework and
> appear to have CRM running fine on a server in our network (no errors on
> install and all windows appear ok).
>
> Since I do not have a strong database background I was wondering if 
> someone
> could confirm what I believe is MS's way of migrating my data accross.
>
> I have exported the data from ACT! to a text file. I imported this into
> excel and repleaced the Free/busy data with a unique number for each 
> record.
> I then used the SQL import data wizard to import some of the data from the
> text file into the accounts table of the CDF database. I mapped the 
> columns
> that I can see match from the data migration framework excel sheet that MS
> provide. Thing is some of them do not map exactly.. (URL is called Webste 
> and
> ZIP is postcode), but I figure this is expected.
>
> I used the unique ID's that I creaded in column 1 as the Account ID that 
> the
> Accounts table requires as it kept giving me errors unless I input this 
> data.
>
> Thing is now that I am ready to do the next table that the MS excel sheet
> says is mapped it is asking me to map lots of similar data that I have
> already imported in the previous table? is this correct? Also is the 
> export
> of the data from ACT to the text file teh best way? I would think that it 
> can
> not export all of the data this way?
>
> Any suggestions please, or places I can look to learn more about this 
> process.
>
> Andrew 


0
Stephen
11/20/2004 12:55:29 AM
Ok, I guess the only way to migrate data from ACT! then is with scribe.

Thanks,

Andrew

"Stephen Redmond" wrote:

> Andrew,
> 
> You need Scribe Insight (www.scribesoft.com) - you can get an evaluation to 
> check it out.
> 
> There are exisiting Act! to MSCRM migrations available from them - no extra 
> charge.
> 
> A 45-day "migrate" license will cost $495.
> 
> 
> Stephen
> 
> "Andrew Keegan" <AndrewKeegan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:35A4202D-9938-4A9F-917C-D27B3F0E9F8E@microsoft.com...
> > Hi to anyone that can help.
> >
> > I am trying to do a trial data migration from our ACT! database to MSCRM 
> > to
> > see what it will look like. I have installed the migration framework and
> > appear to have CRM running fine on a server in our network (no errors on
> > install and all windows appear ok).
> >
> > Since I do not have a strong database background I was wondering if 
> > someone
> > could confirm what I believe is MS's way of migrating my data accross.
> >
> > I have exported the data from ACT! to a text file. I imported this into
> > excel and repleaced the Free/busy data with a unique number for each 
> > record.
> > I then used the SQL import data wizard to import some of the data from the
> > text file into the accounts table of the CDF database. I mapped the 
> > columns
> > that I can see match from the data migration framework excel sheet that MS
> > provide. Thing is some of them do not map exactly.. (URL is called Webste 
> > and
> > ZIP is postcode), but I figure this is expected.
> >
> > I used the unique ID's that I creaded in column 1 as the Account ID that 
> > the
> > Accounts table requires as it kept giving me errors unless I input this 
> > data.
> >
> > Thing is now that I am ready to do the next table that the MS excel sheet
> > says is mapped it is asking me to map lots of similar data that I have
> > already imported in the previous table? is this correct? Also is the 
> > export
> > of the data from ACT to the text file teh best way? I would think that it 
> > can
> > not export all of the data this way?
> >
> > Any suggestions please, or places I can look to learn more about this 
> > process.
> >
> > Andrew 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
12/1/2004 4:51:05 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

CRM 3.0 demo password
I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or password .... anyone seen this and found an answer Thanks -- Nigel London Same thing happened today for my fresh install. Must have put it in 8 times, then suddenly, it took it. Installed it on another pc with no problem. Go figure. Steve "Nigel" wrote: > I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log > on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or > password ......

Help with functions
If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a message box =IF((F4-E4)>=10,Amend()+F4-E4,F4-E4) How can I use a function to transfer some information from different cells to a new worksheet if the formula above works? You can't have a function transfer information to another cell, it will return it's info in the cell where it's located, you would need a formula(s) in the cells where you want this information. Otherwise you would need VBA Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Monty" wrote: > If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a me...

Help from Dave Peterson
Dave, Please see thread headed "Copying multiple sheets from one book 2 another and undertake special " dated 2/8/05. I have added some more text in there as I have finally got round to doing it and have experienced some problems. My name shows up as "Ann" rather than Pank as my good lady has been using my account. Thanks ...

HELP!!!!!!!!
I am getting alot of spam sent to my domain that does not have an actual email address. The problem is that the server then tries to send a message to the sender (who is bogus) with a delivery failure. My ISP has since shut down may mail once already. How can i stop the server from responding to mail coming in with incorrect adresses. I am using exchange 2k3 and windows enterprise edition 2k3. I am new to exchange and still in the process of learning it. Any help would really be appreciated. Are the SMTP addresses incorrect or are they blank? You can configure Exchange's Sender F...

help need to match a string
Hi everyone Hope someone have a solution for me. I have a table with product name and price in column a & b in sheet1 I have the formula in sheet2 where I input the product name in A1 an it search the product and give me the price. =VLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$1377,2,0). It works ok. Here my problem: I have a product name called "HK-2859 plus" and I need this product t be identified if I enter any portion of this product ("HK" or "2859" o "plus"....). appreciate your help Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: Use t...

Please help me solve my problem
Hi, I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, and the same for the lowest number in cell a2. I would like these results to show up in the cells below them Im very new to programming and your help would be much appreciated many thanks Sacha David On Mar 5, 1:01=A0pm, Sacha David <sach1...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, =A0I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it > in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, =A0and the > same for the lowest number i...

Migrating Mailboxes from one domain to another domain
I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to do something and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I need to migrate user mailboxes from one server to another, easy enough right... well here is where my issues are. server one is in say abc.local domain server two is in say xyz.local domain there are the same users in both domains, with the same naming convention. so to clear that up if i have a user called ttest in domain abc, user ttest is also in xyz. the old administration had seperated these domains due to function and security, but now they want to...

Help needed with the last hurdle on this project
Hi I've finally reached the limits of my Excel knowledge (what littl there was) and need some help to complete my project. What's missing now is some automation to make what I need to do a lo more user friendly. My problem (for anyone generous enough to tackle it) is posted below. It's a lot of text but it's the most concise way of explaining what want to be able to do. I've attached a file with the Excel work as far as I have been able t do. Thanks to anyone who gives this a crack - it's very much appreciated. Martin PART 1 Take the data from Column A and Co...

Help please, can't start up!!
When I start the PC, after the loading bar for Microsoft thing finishes,instead of going to login screen it gives me a blue screen, and it says Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. This just happened overnight!!!! Help please. :( -- Excessive Here are some hints ( 'Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793437.aspx) ). Try starting the system in safe mode (keep tapping F8 after power-on). -- whs Additional info: - I use Spyware Doctor scan every few days - I left my computer on for the night like always,and ...

[Help] OnPaint Skipped?
I have an CTestWnd defined as follow class CTestWnd : public CWnd { DECLARE_DYNAMIC(CTestWnd) public: CTestWnd(); virtual ~CTestWnd(); protected: DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() public: afx_msg void OnPaint(); }; and i create an instance of CTestWnd as a child window of hWndParent LPCTSTR lpClassName; lpClassName=AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_VREDRAW | CS_HREDRAW |CS_GLOBALCLASS, ::LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW),(HBRUSH) ::GetStockObject(WHITE_BRUSH), ::LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION)); RECT rect; ::GetClientRect(hWndParent, &rect); m_Wnd.CreateEx(NULL,lpClassName, _T("TEST"...

Office 12 Error: EventType officelifeboathang with CRM v3c
Looking for help :) Client machine is a XP Sp2 build, fully updated, with Office 2007 Pro installed, again updated, with CRM V3c installed. For the majority of the time Outlook and CRM work fine together, but once a day it will crash, and the only error that is in the App log for that time is as below: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 17/05/2007 Time: 10:47:18 User: N/A Computer: COMPUTER Description: EventType officelifeboa...

SBS 2k and Exchange 2k Help
Hi All I'm having a problem with Exhange 2000. I support an office of about 5 people, and they are running SBS2000 with Exchange 2000, during the past couple of days they haven't been able to send/receive e-mail, and they haven't been able to browse the internet. I initially thought the server was being used for Relaying, however the queues are not very high (about 14 e-mails) and the Telnet tests suggest it can't be used for relaying. When I got there last night the server was fine and after a quick re-boot I sent numerous e-mails to my home account which I received, and I...

VBA Help #4
Hi, I have a list of clients with their associated outstanding dollar amount and their return (%). I would like to know if there is code that would allow me to break up these clients by return (%) groupings. For example, I would like to group below 10%, 10% to 17%, and above 17%. So at the client on the list that is just before 10% I would like to add two rows and put a dollar subtotal in the immediate row and sum the dollar amounts. Can anyone help? Thanks, Marino Public Sub ProcessData() Const TEST_COLUMN As String = "A" '<=== change to suit Dim i As Long Dim LastR...

We would love To Help You With Your Microsoft Dynamics GP Issues
If you are having issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP- reports, need training, upgrades, ongoing support, or anything of the such- please feel free to email us at mtatum@integritymbs.com, or call us at 888.869.4090 ext 705. We would love to assist you. We provide install, implementation, ongoing services, training, customization, report writing, troubleshooting and much more. ...

Reassigned CRM Contacts and Outlook
When a CRM contact is reassigned to another user, is there any means of getting it to import into the Outlook Contact list? So far no luck here... The reason that it is an issue is for inclusion on the users Blackberry contact lists. There is no way to export a contact into Outlook's contact folders. The method of making this available to mobile workers that Microsoft has provided is to use Microsoft CRM Mobile for Pocket PC 2003, but this won't do your BlackBerry user any good. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "frappe33@gmail.com" wrote: > When a CRM ...

Nightmare Bug. !! Plz Help
hi all at once when i try to edit or open some forms i got such error msg "There isn't enough memory to perfrom this operation. close unneeded programs and try the operation again." I have 1GB Ram so it is sure silly msg !! what to do thanks plz help -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 What version of Access are we talking about here? By any chance does this involve moving from one version to another? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2...

Help, my views got messed up and "folder options" is now restricted
I have no idea what has happened here, I think vista somehow messed something up when I connected to a file share, but even that seems odd since I've been doing this for 6 months. I'm using Windows 98SE and have files shares on a LAN to a Vista 64 Home Premium machine. I can't choose "folder options" in the My Documents folder or any random subfolder. When I try to do so, I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I _AM_ the administrator, and there i...

restore CRM
we had to unistall our crm 3.0 and re-install it. we took backup of the databases before the re-installation. Can someone tell me how to repopulate the crm with all our previous records? if i reinstall CRM does this mean that any records i previously had (accounts, contacts, etc) will be lost? maria "Maria" wrote: > we had to unistall our crm 3.0 and re-install it. we took backup of the > databases before the re-installation. Can someone tell me how to repopulate > the crm with all our previous records? Just restore the sql databases if you still have the same doma...

Closing Opportunity
I've encountered the following error when i've closed this particular opportunity: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. Unhandled Execution Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and...

Linking directly to CRM
Is there any way to create hyperlinks that will pop up windows pointing to specific instances of CRM entities. Either in Read only or editable form? Not 100% sure if this is what you mean, but... If you open up a contact detail screen in your CRM, and hit F11 on your keyboard, it will reveal the url of that specific screen - it should look similar to this: http://yourservername/sfa/conts/edit.aspx?id={6505B000-A555-462A-A45A-C907246F55AF} And any user, which appropriate permissions and roles, can use that url to view that specific contact detail record. CRM Security will be respected...

Find and loop help-multiple columns
I an trying to write a macro to search for a cell value in one column and see if it occurs in other columns I'm having 2 problems: 1. How can I look from the last used row up to row 4 in "myrange+5" as set below? 2. How can I look in all other columns beside the "myrange+5" column named "Route Number(s)"? Am I completely off track?? With lastperiod 'Find the last used column myrange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count ActiveSheet.Cells(1, myrange + 2).Select 'find the last row therow = ActiveSheet.Cells.Fi...

Help with code please
I have a long list here and manually doing this will take couple of hours. Please help with a vba code if you can. I have a list of customers in about 60 different territories. this list is in sheet1. I want to run a code that cuts and pastes all customers in each individual territory into a newly added sheet. Column B the list of territories. I have data from column A to R. can anyone share with me the full code that I can just paste in vba window and run? Thanks so so much.. this will save me bunch of time. Thrava Try this code from Ron de Bruin. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy...

Duplicate messages ++++ HELP....
I am using Outlook 2002. Setup with one email account only as on offline user to 5.5 Exchange. When I do the send/receive via dial up I pull down whatever messages are on the Server down to the .PST file. Yet when I dial in again I get the same messages over and over. Again I only have one email account setup on the laptop. And it is setup to work offline with a .PST file. Everything I have read and found pertaining to this is if you have multiple acounts setup under the send/receive. This is not the case here. Getting tired of Microsofts constant change and lack of documentation of ...

CRM 1.2 Mail Router Problem
I am receiving the following error when ever I create/send a CRM email activity: Event Type: Warning Event Source: CrmExchangeQueueService Event Category: None Event ID: 5902 Date: 8/17/2004 Time: 1:41:09 PM User: N/A Computer: POSTMAN Description: A platform error message was encountered. Subject: 'CRM: {349AB46E-A2C8-4D9F-B78A-42CDEBD3A527}:MRC' Platform Error Code: 80070057 Platform Error Description: 'The parameter is incorrect. ' Literal SOAP Fault: '<error><code>80070057</code><description>The parameter is incorrect. </description&g...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Spontaneously Stops Working
Good Evening, I have been having some trouble as of late with Microsoft CRM 3.0. For some reason or another, perhaps after about 24 hours or so of continuous operation, something goes awry on the system and MSCRMServices stops responding. I have led myself to the conclusion that for some reason a DLL is spontaneously unloading or unregistering. The reason that I say this is that when I load the deployment manager after the problem has made itself apparent, only the License Manager node is visible in the navigation tree. Other nodes, such as those that allow me to add new CRM users are gone....