HELP! "underlying connection was closed" reports after isa install

SBS 2003
SQL 2000
ISA 2004
All Latest security updates and patches installed. (including .net 2)

Had trouble installing CRM initially and the only way to resolve was to
reinstall sbs cleanly and install without ISA 2004, and setting the web
certificate to our internal ip address.
Everything worked perfectly, including access to reports within CRM.
However I need ISA 2004 installed, and after installing this to the machine
the reports no longer work (although I have access to the rest of crm).

What did the ISA 2004 break and how do I fix it ???

Thank you for you help

(This package needs a bit of work to make it easier to deploy on SBS machines)

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm still battling with this one.  My external remote web workplace seems to
have stopped functining as well - could these be linked ?
Could this be a security certificate issue (I'm well out of my dept here !)

Any help with this would be most appreciated as I've only got a few strands
of hair left !

"Paul" wrote:

> SBS 2003
> SQL 2000
> ISA 2004
> All Latest security updates and patches installed. (including .net 2)
>
> Had trouble installing CRM initially and the only way to resolve was to
> reinstall sbs cleanly and install without ISA 2004, and setting the web
> certificate to our internal ip address.
> Everything worked perfectly, including access to reports within CRM.
> However I need ISA 2004 installed, and after installing this to the machine
> the reports no longer work (although I have access to the rest of crm).
>
> What did the ISA 2004 break and how do I fix it ???
>
> Thank you for you help
>
> (This package needs a bit of work to make it easier to deploy on SBS machines)

Underlying connection was closed
I have an application which invokes(calls) a webservice (on IIS 5.0 , windows 2K) every 10 seconds. After a long time(about 4 hours),the call to the webservice fails with the error System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters at .. Any suggestion "samy&quo...

HELP! "underlying connection was closed" reports after isa install
SBS 2003 SQL 2000 ISA 2004 All Latest security updates and patches installed. (including .net 2) Had trouble installing CRM initially and the only way to resolve was to reinstall sbs cleanly and install without ISA 2004, and setting the web certificate to our internal ip address. Everything worked perfectly, including access to reports within CRM. However I need ISA 2004 installed, and after installing this to the machine the reports no longer work (although I have access to the rest of crm). What did the ISA 2004 break and how do I fix it ??? Thank you for you help (This package...

The underlying connection was closed: The remote name
Hi, I'm new to MS-CRM and am trying to get some given examples working. I've written the code to create a Business hierarchy. I'm getting the following error when I try to execute the code """"The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved."""" Any suggestions or ways to resolve this would be of great help. Regards, Joan Joan, did you simply copied and pasted the sample code into your ASP.NET Web application? string strServer = "myservername"; Check if you assigned the strServer variable the...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
I created an application where I use the webservices to issue API calls. The first call I issue is the BizUser.WhoAmI. On my test server I installed CRM to localhost:5555 and then added the reference to the webservice. When I went to a customer site who didn't install it at localhost:5555, I get this error. How do I add the reference to my compiled code such that it can find the new address for the webservices? Thanks ...

Getting error 'The underlying connection was closed: The server committed an HTTP protocol violation'
Hi all, I am having application where i am downloading xml content using webrequest. my code is as below HttpWebRequest lWebRequest = (HttpWebRequest) WebRequest.Create(URL); HttpWebResponse lWebResponse = (HttpWebResponse) lWebRequest.GetResponse(); StreamReader lResponseStream = new StreamReader(lWebResponse.GetResponseStream(),enc); Data = lResponseStream.ReadToEnd(); lWebRequest = null; lWebResponse.Close(); IResponseStream.Close(); Here i am getting rss feeds using webrequest. Then i am loding rss that is data using xmldocument.load. when i am trying to change node of rss using ...

Underlying connection was closed. Remote name could not be resolve
Hi, I am trying to add a webservice.I provide a reference to the wsdl file on the server. It works fine when I compile the code on my machine. But on the server, I get the above error with the same compiled code. UNDERLYING CONNECTION WAS CLOSED.REMOTE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. I read some of the articles which indicate a problem with the proxy server but our client does not have any proxy server. Their server is behind a firewall though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Report Error: The underlying connection was closed:Could not estab
I had a error message when click 'Report' in CRM. "System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server." Please advise, many thanks! Try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916570 -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ========================================================== "CEO" <CEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3062EC73-C0F8-45F6-9CB3-30D817600133@microsoft.com... >I had a error message when click 'Repor...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the rem
Hi, I have this problem of title. I am importing of 176.922 itens from Lead entity with external in the my application(Web Service). But, with 1% in the import, a equal error the title in my Internet Explore. A help for me? Thanks. This can be a problem when making a lot of web service calls. Try adding the registry values as suggested in the following article: http://blogs.msdn.com/dgorti/archive/2005/09/18/470766.aspx -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Henrique Drumond" wrote: > Hi, > > I have this problem of title....

Download XML: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
Hi We are trying to download an XML document from the internet and are getting the error: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. We are not behind a proxy server and have no desktop firewall / antivirus blocking the connection. When i add a web reference to my project i get the error: The document at the url http://newsapi.bbc.co.uk/feeds/search/news+sport/tennis OR henman was not recognized as a known document type. The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem: - Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an err...

CRM 4.0 Install Error: The underlying connection was closed
Please help.... Running setup again of CRM 4.0 because my new product key needed to be upgraded from the trial... I backed up the database and did everything according to knoweldge base article 947272 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947272 But when installing (step 6 of above KB), after the part about the email router, when it validates the setup environment, the report server generates an error that the underlying connection was closed and installation cannot continue... Exact error message is: Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://server/repor...

Synchronization error "The underlying connection was closed"
A customer uses CRM 3.0 Update Rollup #1 and the Vista compatibe V3C client on a Windows XP SP2 machine with Outlook 2003. The laptop client is installed. Everytime he tries to go offline, an error appears while synchronizing data records: "The underlying connection was closed. A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server." Sometimes there appears another error message: "The request was aborted. The request was cancelled." I already removed the CRM-outlook- client and installed againe, but ist didn't help. Other users at other machines ca...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

"Underlying connection was closed" (error message)
I have a new Web Service (written in C#) that is giving me major problems. The Consumer application is written in VB.NET. When executed totally on localhost it works 100%. When standalone Web Service is executed on production server using Form-based ASP.NET test mode, it works 100%. When Web Service is executed on production server with Consumer on localhost it works 100%. However when Web Service and Consumer are both executed totally on same production server it fails at or after: "System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()" with: System.Net.WebException: The underlyi...

"The underlying connection was closed" Error
Hi!, I'm using WebRequest to post a URL. But, sometimes, this tell me the error "The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.". I don't know why!!. This worked perfect in .NET 1.1, but in .NET 2.0, I has this behavior. Thanks! ...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...