Help!!!!! Problem with an upgrade from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

I was upgrading from CRM 1.2 to 3.0 when my server ran out of space due
to the log file growing was to big. This crashed the install. I fixed
the log file issue and went to try to redo the upgrade. The issue came
into play that while I was doing the intial upgrade to 3.0 my Crystal
db was removed and now any time I try to upgrade to 3.0 I get a
malformed xml error with the crm database. I have the MSCRM and
METADATA db's backed up so I have all my companies data but now I need
to finish the upgrade. Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Mr
9/25/2006 2:25:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

When I've done upgrades I've found the key thing is to get the CRM 1.2
install in a stable (ish) state)

Given you've got backups of the METABASE and MSCRM databases, and assuming
you've got the CRM 1.2 CDs, what I'd do is:
1. Remove CRM from the server
2. Restore the SQL backups of the METABASE and MSCRM
3. Create a MyOrg_CRMCRYSTAL database (it shouldn't need anything in it, a
database of this name just needs to be there)
4. Install CRM 1.2, and select Connect to Existing Databases. This should
give you a CRM 1.2 install in a fit state to upgrade
5. Run the CRM 3.0 upgrade

"Mr.Steskal" wrote:

> I was upgrading from CRM 1.2 to 3.0 when my server ran out of space due
> to the log file growing was to big. This crashed the install. I fixed
> the log file issue and went to try to redo the upgrade. The issue came
> into play that while I was doing the intial upgrade to 3.0 my Crystal
> db was removed and now any time I try to upgrade to 3.0 I get a
> malformed xml error with the crm database. I have the MSCRM and
> METADATA db's backed up so I have all my companies data but now I need
> to finish the upgrade. Can anybody help?
>
> Thanks,

Hi,

Had the same issue a couple weeks ago.
I restored the db's from a backup (including the crystal).
Re-install 1.2 to existing db's then upgrade to 3.0, so pretty much what
David has said is what I did also that fixed my issue.  Only difference the
errors I was getting weren't due to lack of hard drive room and also mine
failed again, with a different error the second time.  But third time was a
charm.
Goodluck.

hth,
Nathan

"David Jennaway" wrote:

> When I've done upgrades I've found the key thing is to get the CRM 1.2
> install in a stable (ish) state)
>
> Given you've got backups of the METABASE and MSCRM databases, and assuming
> you've got the CRM 1.2 CDs, what I'd do is:
> 1. Remove CRM from the server
> 2. Restore the SQL backups of the METABASE and MSCRM
> 3. Create a MyOrg_CRMCRYSTAL database (it shouldn't need anything in it, a
> database of this name just needs to be there)
> 4. Install CRM 1.2, and select Connect to Existing Databases. This should
> give you a CRM 1.2 install in a fit state to upgrade
> 5. Run the CRM 3.0 upgrade
>
> "Mr.Steskal" wrote:
>
> > I was upgrading from CRM 1.2 to 3.0 when my server ran out of space due
> > to the log file growing was to big. This crashed the install. I fixed
> > the log file issue and went to try to redo the upgrade. The issue came
> > into play that while I was doing the intial upgrade to 3.0 my Crystal
> > db was removed and now any time I try to upgrade to 3.0 I get a
> > malformed xml error with the crm database. I have the MSCRM and
> > METADATA db's backed up so I have all my companies data but now I need
> > to finish the upgrade. Can anybody help?
> >
> > Thanks,

Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"
In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though option is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing Html format by default.However can drop down the list and select the Unicode format. But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save as" any email. Any Suggestion ? Regards, Sam That is not possible and that is not what this option controls. The option controls whether the default safe fo...

Purchased Office 5-19--Upgrades Available?
This is a retail, boxed copy of Office delivered 5-19. Is there any way = to=20 upgrade to Office 2004 short of the $239 (or whatever it was)? Thanks. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote : > This is a retail, boxed copy of Office delivered 5-19. Is there any way to > upgrade to Office 2004 short of the $239 (or whatever it was)? Thanks. Yes! Se here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004tg --------------------------------------------------------- Please reply to the newsgroup, and within the same thread. Merci de r�pondre au groupe, et dans l'enfilade...

Excel button problem

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem