Help needed with two problems

#-1 When addressing envelopes, I have double line spacing
instead of single - could be an extra paragraph space but
I don't see the normal paragraph mark. Problem is that
the last line on a long address is cut off.

#-2 When importing documents for editing whenever I try
to bold, italicize or indent a word or paragraph the
whole document is affected; when I hit the redo button
the document repairs itself and leaves the desired
formating intact. God forbid you should hit the save
button before the redo because the whole document is
forever changed. Very klutzy.

Thanks for any help.

Tom Sawyer
0
Tom
7/22/2003 12:36:47 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Oulook Express 6 Connection problem
Recently, I am having serious problems not being able to secure a connection when sending e-mail via Outlook Express6. I am getting a Cannot find server message Number 0x800cccCO131. Many times, Outlook disconnects altogether and I frequently get a "Can't Find Page" message for either Inbox, or Sent folders although in some instances thhe message disappears and the folder appears as I wsitch folders. This is all very disconcerting and affects my business as well as costing many hours of lost downtime. Need help fast (before I lose my mind--or business). Stan Bodner Hi - ...

Help! on Creating Auto Response
Hi. I'm a newbie. Where I work I need to send several emails in a day reminding the dept to bring me a workorder(papers) so that my dept can print jobs. Is there a way when I select the persons email address, that an auto email continues to be sent, let's say every 1/2 until I receive the paper work. Once I receive the paper work, I have the option to shut it off. Is this possible or is there a 3rd party software that can do this. TIA. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replie...

trying to export .aba file from Palm Desktop to .csv file and having problems with irregular characters
I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? Here's a pic of what they look like" http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=howtoeliminatesquareseu6.jpg > I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of > the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that > are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? > Here's a pic of what they look like" I hate to ask what...

Averaging a Value between Two Serial Dates
Hi all, I have two spreadsheets. The first spreadsheet contains two columns, one for start date/time (in serial format) and the second for stop date/time (in serial format). The second spreadsheet contains two columns. One containing a serial date/time and the other containing a meteorological value (eg. temperature). I want Excel to read the start and stop date/time from the first spreadhseet and then search the second spreadsheet for all temperature values which were recorded during this time frame. Lastly, I want Excel to average these values. Is this possible using a single Excel func...

Find Oldest date based on two criteria.
I am having an issue trying to figure out this issue.. I have tried a MIN, but it doesnt seem to work correctly.. I have three columns One with a State, one with a Code and one with a date. The Code can have say EA12 EA23 EA45 and FG12 FG34 FG56 What I need to have happen is that when State= NY and CODE Starts with EA find me the oldest date in the column. Example A B C NY EA12 1/1/2009 NY EA24 2/28/2009 CT EA12 3/2/2009 NY FG34 4/5/2009 ME FG45 5/1/2009 NY EA12 ...

Two CListBoxes alignment
Hi, there, I am using two CListBoxes control to show two sets of files. When I click on one file of control A, I want the file with the same index of control B also highlighted. And when I slide the scroll bar of control A, the view of control B should also be changed to show the same view. Is this possible? And if it is, what the methods and events should I use? Thanks lot in advance! Gary Lets assume that both listboxes have the same information. I would catch the scroll message (WM_VSCROLL) of the listboxes, when I a scroll happened, I get the top index of the listbox, and set t...

offline sync problem
Yesterday I had a customer's 8 register system lose internet connectivity, so all the registers went off-line. They are using RMS 1.2 SR3 on a SBS Professional 2003 Server with XP SP2 registers. When internet connectivity was restored today, all but one of the registers sync'd. On the register that did not, the last transaction in the batch was at about 7:40pm yesterday. No transactions were recorded after that time. I manually took the register off-line today and could not find any batch or blind-closed batch with any transactions after 7:40pm. I also checked, via MS Acce...

Template for 8.5 X 14 booklet with two folds?
I would like to create a document using 8.5 x 14 paper to be used as a concert program. I currently create programs using 8.5 x 11 with one fold. I plan to fold the sheet at 5.5 and 11 inches and use the extra 3 inch "flap" for notices, ads, etc. I did a search of the group and found one howto to open a new document using 8.5 x 14 paper but the instructions are not working for me. "Go to file/new.../publications for print/brochures and choose any template for 2fold three page brochure. John Bland" Should "file/new" bring up another dropdown menu "pubicat...

Problem with Table Column Not Expanding
I've got text in a table column that extends beyond the visible edge of the column. It appears that Word 2007 is not actually extending the table as it should but stops right at the page break. On the Table tab of Table properties, make sure text wrapping is set to None. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message news:%23IRfeJbgKHA.5564@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I've got text in a table column that extends beyond the visible edge...

Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
After un-installing Norton Internet Security using Add/Remove Programs I get the message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" when trying to run Outlook. I have tried removing all account info, running with /safe etc, reinstalling office xp, reinstalling Windows 2000 but still cannot start outlook. Any ideas anyone??? ...

dashed line printing problem
Hi, I am having problem in printing charts which has dashed lines. Whenever I make a graph which has dashed line instead of solid line, on the computer screen those lines appears to be dashed but when I print the graph those lines come to be solid. I believe it's bug in excel. I was reading and microsoft suggest installing service pack 3 for the office to get the problem rectified. I installed the service pack but the problem still persists. Can somebody help me if he know the work around with this problem. Prashant ...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

problem with header rule...
i seems to have a problem with only one rule type.. i have a rule that says to permanently delete any mail which contains certain words in the header.. i also have the same basic one for words in senders and recipients names... but on those rules i have no problems with it just checkin the perm. delete only, but on the header rule it turns on the stop processing more rules checkbox automatically if i have the perm. delete on... i dont want the stop one on.. just the perm delete... for now i just moved this rule to last place so it is the last one to process anything ayways, but i wou...

Pocket Money 2003 Help
Does anyone have any clue when an update/fix will be posted for Pocket Money 2003. I bought a new Toshiba 355 with Pocket Pc 2003 and my new Money 2003 doesn't work with my new PDA (The main reason I bought both). I called support a month ago, and they said they would probably post a new download within a couple weeks. Of course, no download yet. Am I going to have to buy yet another version of Money to get it to work???? Thanks ...

Query/Expression Help Required!
Hello, i would appreciate any help in regards to the problem i am having. I will try and explain it to the best of my ability (im a newbie to Access 2000) Here is a snipt of the information i have extracted via a query. I have been able to work out Duration via a calculation. "Agent Pin" "Start Time" "AUX Name" "End Time" "Duration" "7015" "13:45:21" "After Call Work" "13:54:18" "537" "7015" "14:30:25" "After Call Work" "14:31:03" &...

Contacts I need I can't get to show as default contacts address b
With some great help from this site...!(Thanks) I have reinstalled a clean version of OL2007 back to my computer after recovering the C: drive. All seems well with PST but I cant get my old "Contacts" (That I guess that came with "copied" PST) to show as defalt when I want to choose an e-mail address from my contacts. If I click the "To box" I get offered under address book a balnk contacts called "Accounts" If I click the down arrow my contacts are there and if I double click they are live. How can I make them the default. I have right clicked ...

Outlook 98 duplicates needing removed
After nearly an hour of searching I am stumped. I have just reformatted my PC and have reinstalled Outlook 98. I then changed PST file locations to where I have mine stored and when I reopened OL98, I have many many duplicate emails. Is there an easy way for me to get rid of them without going through them one by one. I tried MapiLab but they only have Duplicate Email Remover for v2000 and up IRC. Many thanks To remove extra PST(s) from the folder list: Outlook 97 or Outlook 98/2000 (Corporate Mode) - On the Tools menu, click Services. - Highlight Personal Folders service you want to rem...

HELP! OAL Generator Error ID 9334 and 9344
We are running Exchange 2003 SP1. Users see errors in Outlook 2003 about not able to generate the Offline Address list. Checked the Event Manager and found Error ID: 9334 and Error ID: 9344 Error ID: 9334 OALGen encountered error 9004010f while initializing the offline address list generation process. No Offline address list have been generated. Error ID: 9344 OALGen could not find the address list with the Active Directory object GUID of '/guid=3B3681C2364D814F91379D5358C20302' in the list of available address lists. Please check the offline address list configurati...

HELP 2sht comparison MACRO
I have 2shts, one with old data, one with new (Changes, Adds, Deletes) The Rows could be as many as 10 columns wide and may not be in any particular order. I require some code to take the first row in sht.2 and look for it in sht.1 and tell me if it has changed (C) or is added (A) a column may be added to depict the Changes, Adds, Deletes. Could you not just use =Sheet!A1 in the first sheet and copy down? -- HTH Bob Phillips "Les Wegg" <leslie.wegg@baesystems.com> wrote in message news:42830ce0_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > I have 2shts, one with old data, one with...

calender problems
By mistake I imported(old Schedule plus import) another user's calender into my outlook (I meant to just look at his calender). Now, of course, "people" (I still have this in testing mode) so no big deal, yet) think they are looking at my calender instead of his. How can I fix this? Also, his admin assistant has to view his calender, however, she has to use another Exchange server and you can't use two Exchange servers. Since I screwed up the import, viewing her boss's calender(in OWA) is impossible. Please advise. "amyb" <amy@npsg.ncifcrf.gov> wr...

Problem with Outlook 98 Not Closing
We have some clients who recently began running Outlook 2003 over dialup RAS without any problems, but when they use a LAN or dialup connected machine with Outlook 98, the Outlook client won't fully close unless they manually close it with task manager or logoff or restart the machine. A dialog stating that Outlook is exiting remains on the screen and doesn't disappear. The problem began once they started using Outlook 2003. Interestingly enough, Outlook 97 exits without any problems. Does 2003 make some changes on the Exchange server that cause Outlook 98 to try to run some...

additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entiti
Hi all. I have a question about an additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entities. A user definition entity (object_type_code:10000) and made an OnLineHelpFile (test.htm) which supported. In addition, I add following two lines to help_toc.xml. <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form Help</page> <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form View Hel...

Problem with XmlSerializer
When i make a call to XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); I get this error Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key what is the cause of this? <jw56578@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1126047360.427054.306130@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When i make a call to > > XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); > I get this error > Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key > > what is the cause of this? > Don't use a string...use an object XmlSerializer xs = new XmlS...

Help needed with MailMerge.
Using MS Word and Excel 2002 SP3. I have created a large Excel spreadsheet that comprises six sheets, each of which has many columns - one goes out to column CM, of data items. I'm now trying to create a Word MailMerge document to present the data. This is proving to be tedious, since for each item I have to 1.. click 'More items.' in the Mail Merge sidebar, which opens a dialogue box which I can 2.. scroll through to select the relevant data item, 3.. then Insert it, 4.. then close the dialogue box, 5.. go to the next field in my Word document and go through the w...

Update Problem 06-28-10
Recently, I downloaded & installed updates by going to the Windows Update site -- just like I regularly do, . The update process went fine -- all updates were installed. NOW, however, the program (Acronis) that I regularly use to backup my hard-drive crashes with a BSOD specifying a kernel error. I guess that I will have to UNinstall these updates to be able to run that program. Is there any way I can find out which update is causing the problem so I only have to UNinstall only one of these updates? I use WinXP Pro SP2. On 2010-06-28 2:52 p.m., MN wrote: > Rece...