Help... Custom entity may have damaged the db

I created a custom entity for a client, then, upon creating a relationship
Lookup to Opportunities, the screen froze. When I shut it down, I went back
into the customization menu, and was told that the server was unavailable. I
think that stopping the Relationship process may have hurt the db. Is there a
way to roll back?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I would check the event logs on both the CRM web and sql server.

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a custom entity for a client, then, upon creating a relationship
> Lookup to Opportunities, the screen froze. When I shut it down, I went
> back
> into the customization menu, and was told that the server was unavailable.
> think that stopping the Relationship process may have hurt the db. Is
> there a
> way to roll back?

0
John
11/28/2006 4:53:31 AM
We restarted the Server and IIS, everything worked out fine. The event log
didn't report anything, so the action in question may have just hung up the
server. No harm, no foul. Thanks for the advice.

--MD

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> I would check the event logs on both the CRM web and sql server.
>

> ==============================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a custom entity for a client, then, upon creating a relationship
> > Lookup to Opportunities, the screen froze. When I shut it down, I went
> > back
> > into the customization menu, and was told that the server was unavailable.
> > think that stopping the Relationship process may have hurt the db. Is
> > there a
> > way to roll back?

MS CRM 4
Hi, We're using MS CRM 4.0. When we try to import customizations for a custom entity we keep getting the following error "Either the file could not be uploaded or import failed". It also says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it." We have already spent many hours trying to solve this, but without any success. Please help !!! Hi, This error typically comes when format of customization file is not proper. Can you please provide me more details. Please tell the details about system from which you have exporte...

Help with sending Mail
I am receiving the error below when trying to send mail. I can receive mail fine, but cannot send it. The POP servers are set up correctly based on the instructions. Any ideas or suggestions? Subject '[Simple_Diabetic_Recipes] BARLEY PILAF', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 PIPELINING', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:30:01 -0800, NCJonah <NCJonah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am receiving the error below wh...

need help with receipt modification
Can someone tell me if there is a way to modify a receipt to print a long description of a particular item, but only if there are price "a" for example or if they have a specific custom field filled out. ...

Offline Backup
Hi, Many thanks to Andy David who has led me thus far. I'm working on an offline restoration of public folder data, according to the KB article http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=296788. At this point, it directs me to dismount the public folder database, make a backup copy, then mount the backed-up copy (see "Backing Up an Exchange Database Offline", step 4). I have copied my backup pub1.edb and pub1.stm files, but am unsure how to mount them (embarrasing, yes). It would appear that I am only able to mount and dismount the original files. How do I direct Exchange to mount ...

WriteXML encoding strings ! Please help
Hi Guru's, Going crazy with this problem! I fill a dataset in asp.net with a 'FOR XML AUTO' query and Output it back to the browser. > DS.WriteXml(Response.OutputStream, XmlWriteMode.IgnoreSchema) No matter what I do I get the first nodes "<" encoded as "&lt;" This means that the script that I am using can't recognise the first node. I would replace the characters but then the output is no longer recognised as XML. Why is this behaviour implemented? I basically end with this <Tables> <XML_F52E2B61-18A1-11d1-B105-00805F49916B>&...

Help: I want to create an Outlook 2002 backup BATch file
I want to create a batch file I can use to copy all the critical files in Outlook 2002 so that, if I have to reinstall MSO 2002, I can just copy the file off a CD, make them writable, and proceed as if nothing ever happened. I know I have to copy off the PST file, but what other files will I need to copy to be sure I get my address book, contacts, preferences, blocked addresses and etc? Is there a good program that can do this for me, AND which will allow me to select what I want to restore? I looked at ABF Backup - it seems to backup ok, but it seems to resoter everythin or nothing - you c...

HELP HELP....
I have a user who is sending an appointment to two people within our company, however, when she sends that appointment it is also being sent to someone she is not adding to the list of receipents. The person that it is sending to was at one time in the companys global address list but has not been for several years. I am totally clueless and have tried everything I can think of, please help!! This is probably due to that ex-employee having been set up as a delegate on one of the recipient's mailboxes at one time. The recipients should check their Outlook profiles for info on this ...

MSCRMAsyncService - Cannot Start Service
I have tried to start the MSCRMAsyncService for CRM 4.0 with no luck and get this error recorded in the Event Viewer log on the machine. Has anyone had this issue before??? Any suggestions to get the service to start would be great..... Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAsyncService Event Category: None Event ID: 17410 Date: 6/03/2008 Time: 5:01:30 p.m. User: N/A Computer: IIS1 Description: The description for Event ID ( 17410 ) in Source ( MSCRMAsyncService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages fr...

DB relationships reverse engineered as non-identifying
Can anyone explain this: When reverse engineering a DB in Visio Pro 2007, it interprets most of the relationships as being non-identifying (i.e. they are drawn with a dotted line) - only two of my relationships are interpreted as identifying. However, in my head I know that more of these relationships are identifying. I've tried editing my DB in SQL Server Management Studio to remedy the problem, e.g. making sure all my foreign key fields do not allow nulls. Visio still interprets the relationships as non-identifying. Can anyone list the physical criteria that Visio uses in order t...

Help: AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd != AfxGetMainWnd() ?
Hi, Is there any case that these two are not the same? I encounter some strange problems with my application. Previously I used the CMainFrame *pFrame = (CMainFrame*) AfxGetMainWnd() in Func1, to get the CMainFrame pointer, but there are sometimes that this function returns an invalid pointer value, then when I try to access some functions in the CMainFrame, it crashes. But When I switch to use the following method, CMyApp *pApp = (CMyApp *) AfxGetApp(); CMainFrame *pFrame = (CMainFrame*) pApp->m_pMainWnd; It works fine, I am just wondering in what kind of situation does this cas...

Can't see Potential Customers in Offline Mode
When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view them, I cannot see the Potential Customers for the accounts I don't own, even though they are shared out to me and I'm a CRM admin. Why is it doing this? Thanks. -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies Hi, You have to define rules for offline mode in Menu CRM. By default, only rule for "My Account" are defined. Regards, Andrey "Kyle Conquy" wrote: > When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view > them, I cannot see the Potential Customers fo...

Private and public db sizes
I've come in to the Exchange world from GroupWise, so I'm still coming up to speed - but in the course of a year my priv1.edb and .stm files have grown to around 7Gig each. I ran for years on a four gig drive with GroupWise, but I'm about to fill the 15 Gig drive I have my Exchange stores on - is this normal? I have about 40 users total on SBS Exchange 2003. In order to make more room for the stores, I'm adding a larger drive to the machine. I've tried the administration program method of moving the message stores, and it appears to hang at 100% and not complete m...

Need help calculating queries & reports
Hello, I have an Access Database 2000 to track performance. Within the db I have a performance table where user input their ID, date, part#, side, start sequence & stop sequence daily (there can be two entries per day). Then on another reference table with field: part#, side, sequence#, time (min). What I would like to calculate in the query and report is look at the start & stop sequence based on the part# & side then calculate how long (time) the operator spend on the job (part#). Thanks Example: Table1 ID date part# side start seq stop seq 001 1/8/...

Problems converting old DB to Access 2007
I have a DB created in a prior version of Access (I think it was Access 2003, fiel extension ****.mdb) that I am trying to convert to Access 2007. The help instructions say to open the DB, do a "save as" Access 2007 format. However, I get error message saying "You attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by user 'Admin" on machine 'xxxx'. Try again when the database is available." I am the only one who has the DB open. The machine referenced in the error message is my machine. What is going on and how do I fix it...

custom and summary tabs missing on file info
I don't know if this is a Word question or an XP question but I'm starting here. XP Pro SP3 Word 2003 I have a folder with a bunch of dot files. I'm using the comments property as a way to note what I need to do to finish some work on the dot file. When I right click most of them and go to the properties option, the properties window shows General, Security, Custom & Summary tabs. That's where I've been editing the comments property. But one of the dot files only shows the General & Security tab. When I open that file up in Word and go to its pr...

Sorry,could you help again?
I have already disenable the menuitem ID_M2 when the program start,but I don't know how to enable the menuitem ID_M2 after I run the menuitem ID_M1?Look: void CMainFrame::OnUpdateM2(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { // TODO: Add your command update UI handler code here pCmdUI->Enable(false); } void CMainFrame::OnM1() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here blThread=false; //exit thread ::Sleep(6000); //how to enable the menuitem ID_M2??? } I havent followed OP, but you should enable the command in OnUpdateM2 as well. This method is called each time the menu is about to be displayed. All...

Help with Clipboard
I am having a problem with the clipboard - i am copying a large set of data from one workbook to another and am not getting consistent results with the data that comes out of the clipboard. I have two workbooks open - lets call them OLD and NEW - i go to a sheeta in OLD and highlight the data from A1:T1144. I Control C to copy the data and switch to the NEW workbook - I select sheeta in the new workbook and select cell A1 - i paste the data using ctrl v - this is where it gets strange . If the OLD workbook is open resulting data in the NEW wb is exactly as in the OLD wb. However...

Need help opening an Access DB using CDaoDatabase
When trying to open an existing Access DB (.mdb) I get the following exception: "Unrecognized database format 'C:\path...\database.mdb' I am trying to use CDaoDatabase as follows: CDaoDatabase m_accessDb; m_accessDb.Open("C:\\path...\\database.mdb"); Invoking the Open member function throws the DAO exception. Thanks in advance, Jim "Jim Fleming" <jimfleming@charter.net> wrote in message news:10n5t7cri98137a@corp.supernews.com... > When trying to open an existing Access DB (.mdb) I get the following > exception: > > "Unrecognized d...

formula help #63
Hi have formula in cell c1{ =a1&b1} which copies the words from both cells and combines them, how do i put a space between the two copied words within this formula please? any help for an amateur greatly appreciated. thanks =A1&" "&B1" -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Beginner2005" <Beginner2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFC1128B-82C8-46B1-82C4-EE157A1FCB88@microsoft.com... > Hi > have formula in cell c1{ =a1&b1} which copies the words from both cells > and > comb...

Known Issue Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft
Hi all hoping someone can clarify the following: "Known Issues with the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager" point that sticks out in the documentation and in my long hours of reading online namely: "The link between activities and parent accounts and contacts is not preserved during migration. If you have accounts or contacts in Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager that have activities, such as tasks or appointments, associated with them, when you migrate the data to Microsoft CRM, the activities are not associated wit...

How to MoveFirst, MoveNext, MovePrevious, MoveLast in LinQ To XMl Please Help #2
I have the Next XML var xml = new XElement( "clients", new XElement("client", new XAttribute("id",1), new XElement( "name", "Luis"), new XElement( "country", "Portugal") ), new XElement("client", new XAttribute("id",2), n...

Help with looping thru columns
I trying to automate a report that is ran in Cognos, and extracted to an excel file. I am almost complete, but am having trouble with totaling coulmuns. Basically, There are 7 columns which are to be totaled. My limitation is this: IF column 'D' is = "G" then loop thru Rows and Columns to process G Totals Then IF column 'D' is = "N" then loop thru Rows & Columns to Process N Totals Then Total the Totals for "G" and "N"; Example: A B C D E F G H I J Total 2915R NOYR 131000 G 0.00 (470.28) 0.00...

Customize Improt Wizard
Hello I am a newer user to CRM. I wanted to ask anyone that knew if there was a way that I could customize the "Target Field" in the import wizard for Leads, Accounts or any of the import types. I would like to add a "DUNS" field and remove like "Yomi First Name". I would also like to ad the "Number of PC's" Field. Any thoughts on this would be great. You can add or delete atributes in the customization area by customizing entity... "Ctrlr" wrote: > Hello > > I am a newer user to CRM. I wanted to ask anyone that knew if t...

PLEASE HELP WITH OUTLOOK 2003
I HAVE RECENTLY INSTALLED OUTLOOK 2003, HOWEVER WHEN TRYING TO ACCESS MY HOTMAIL INBOX FROM WITHIN OUTLOOK, A POP UP WINDOW OPENS AS ' INTERNET E-MAIL-HOTMAIL SERVER: http:// services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail User Name: Password: Remember password: ' I AM JUST NOT SURE WHICH ID AND CODE TO USE, TRIED HOTMAIL ONES BUT IN VAIN...EVEN REINSTALLED OUTLOOK BUT THE SAME HAPPENS... ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE? THANKS PANOS <PANOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I HAVE RECENTLY INSTALLED OU...

E2k7
Dear all I have a rather unsettling problem with a Win2k8 SBS server. It was working just fine until yesterday when it started to exhibit strange (apparently) network & AD related problems which led to an eventual failure of the Exchange server, which stopped working reporting: --- Process MAD.EXE (PID=3D2672). Topology discovery failed, error 0x80040a02 (DSC_E_NO_SUITABLE_CDC). Look up the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) error code specified in the event description. To do this, use Microsoft Knowledge Base article 218185, "Microsoft LDAP Error Codes.&qu...