Help!, Adding Custom Forms in CRM

HI Mike,

        I guess, you have very good exposure to the forms customization in
CRM. Could u please help me with this issue.

 I have a list of products in a seperate database outside CRM. The quantity
on hand field in that database is real. Now what I really need is to
have a button or toolbar item on the OrderProducts form to Check for
availability of the product. I do have the product GUID in the
external table. I will have get the currently selected product's guid from
orderproduct screen and pass this to a custom aspx page.
This custom aspx page will find the available qty and show that information
to the user.

I tried to add a custom toolbar button to orderproduct child form. But CRM
Customization allows only buttons to the SalesOrder form, not
to the child form.

so the questions are:
1.  how to get the value of any field in the active crm form and pass this
to a new custom aspx.
    (the objecttype and objectcode are passed by default, but how to pass
other fields)

2. I want to call the Product Lookup form from my custom page. what all
things need to be done
    inorder to invoke the lookupsingle.aspx?

Thanks in advance
Rojer

0
Rojer
12/29/2003 9:52:46 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

HI mike,

    I totally agree with you that nobody can always master or remember the
complete javascript reference and even I do the same thing of doing it step
by step. we call it R&D, :-).

    But the problem here is that I am not even able to access the parent
windows objects. even if i give  window.parent.parent.parent.crmForm
it gives the crmForm of the current window only, ie my window.
and if I iterate thru the elements it provides me with the
elements i have defined in my form. what i desperately need is to access
couple of fields from the parent form which invoked this form, customerid
and productid fields from orderproduct form to be precise.

  the requirement is this, I have the customerID and ProductID fields
in my new custom form. I want it to default to the Customer and Product
selected in the OrderProduct Form. I was able to put up the 2 fields in my
new custom form with Lookup enabled.

  so far, I've refrained myself from referencing the DLLs of CRM and
only fiddled around with the .js, and isv.config files.
I am working with CRM 1.0 and now I wonder what changes are awaiting me on
ver 1.2.

thanks
Rojer

On Tue, 30 Dec 2004 Mike McGuinness wrote :
>Hi Rojer, glad that was some help!  I'm not a JS expert...I still refer
>to the reference every time I need to work with it, so all I can tell
>you is that what I mentioned is possible.  I'd go step-by-step, making
>sure that each object your trying to work with is accessible.  You may
>need to used methods like getElementById, or collections like "all" to
>get to the form fields you need.  I've found the MSDN reference on DHTML
>pretty useful.  Give that a try.
>
>Mike
>

>   _____

0
Rojer

Strategy for upgrade to CRM version 1.2
Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. We would like to migrate that system to Windows 2003 and CRM 1.2 and finally end up with only .NET Framework 1.1. Is there any recommended methods for such a migration? That is something like, upgrade CRM 1.2 in place first, then upgrade the OS on the system, then remove Framework 1.0. Thank you in advance. Have you read the 1.2 implementation guide? "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23aDSnVXxDHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. W...

Reply To CRM emails not capture
Ok here's the scenario Step A - send out an email using SFO's CRM email - recipient gets email message - CRM creates email activity in History Step B - recipient sends back a reply from message - email comes into SFO/inbox (yes GUID number is in subject line) - CRM creates email activity in History Step C - send back a reply to recipient using "reply" in Outlook (it works if I go into CRM, serach for activity and use reply in web pages) - email is sent to recipient - NO activity is created (even though message threat was created originally in CRM and it still has trackin...

Adding inventory without purchase order
I run my daily "restocking report" to see what products I have to send to my store. I package those products and need to add them to the stores inventory. I don't want to create a purchase order first but rather would like to use something like a "journal entry" to add the inventory but still have RMS track this in the products history. I played around with the inventory function but find it rather basic as it does not allow inventories to be added to the stores inventory but will replace that inventory. I also tried to use the functionality of importing invent...

Coloured tabs in tabular form
I would like to change the background colour of the pages of a tabular form. Is it possible to te pages in a tabular form another colour instead of white/grey? Is it possible to highlight (boldface text e.g.) the tab header of the selected tab? Thanks for any suggestion/answer to the questions above. Ron Have a look at http://www.lebans.com/tabcolors.htm --=20 Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "RoBo" <RoBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:9E45C48E-D0D5-4C5A-86F0-A41D130759A3@microsoft.com... >I would like to change the background colour of the pages ...

Adding time values
Hi to all, I'm trying to add time values together, EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of 2:00 Is it possible to do this in Excel? Thanks in advance, John. Yes, just put the two times in separate cells, and add them =A1+A2 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Johnty" <johnmcgibbon@msn.com> wrote in message news:1113600171.db49c715fe9c4e0642762c5471fb6105@teranews... > Hi to all, > > I'm trying to add time values together, > > EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of...

Custom Drawn CTreeCtrl disabling windows draw faculties
I have a custom drawn CTreeCtrl and simply put, windows is drawing the text and then my program is drawing over it. This normally would not pose a problem except that windows is also apparently handling selections, which poses a large problem. I need to be able to handle selections. Is it possible to disable the windows drawing faculties and just have it be custom drawn? As far as I can tell the only way to go about doing this would involve doing ALL of the painting for the control...which I'd like to avoid. ...

Custom PopUpBox in Parameter Query
I am using a custom PopUp Box in parameter Query. ( Like [Forms]![Form For Plant Wise Query]![ComboPlant] ). It is working fine when i am calling this query in my report i.e. when i open the report the custom popup box appear asking the value and after giving the parameter value the specified report open. But when i use the same query as record source in my form and when i open the form, first the system generated PopUp Box appear asking the parameter value and after giving the value, then the custom PopUp box appear. I don't want this system generated Popup Box to appear when i open t...

How to upgrade from CRM 3 to 4 with CRM 3 to GP 9 connector in pla
I currently have an environment with CRM 3.0 and the integration connector to GP 9.0. I'd like to upgrade from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 in-place. Is there anything special I need to do to keep the CRM to GP connector working after the upgrade? There's no custom code or custom workflows as part of the CRM/GP integration, just a vanilla install. Thanks! Hi Bill, I am sorry to say that currently no connector available for GP with CRM version 4.0 from Microsoft. Neither the existing connector works with version 4.0. You may have to migrate to any of the 3rd party vendors such as Scribe. If ...

Customized display order for fields
I need to define formats (i.e. bold, underline) for reference table fields. For example, let’s say reference table A contains three fields: Field1, Field2, Field3 and two rows. Reference Table A ID _Num Field1 Field2 Field3 1 Single Double Triple 2 Single Double Quadruple Forms need to know that for row 1 Double will be in bold and Triple will be underlined. However, for row 2, only Quadruple need to display in bold on forms, reports, etc. In the example above, what if I wanted the first row to be displayed on a form as Triple, Single, Double and the second row to be...

addtional suffix being added to e-mail address
We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an additional suffix to his e-mail address. He is the only one who has this problem. Is there a way to correct this situation. Hi - so he's connecting directly to your Exchange server via Outlook, and he has a properly configured mailbox with the appropriate default SMTP address? What is the additional suffix that's being added? BCEDA wrote: > We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He > cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an a...

Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database
Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database If you are thinking of moving your CRM database to another server in the same domain I thought I would just write down my experiences of this process that may help others when they have to do the same. The Scenario: We had a CRM system running on one machine (CRM, IIS, SQL Server, ReportServer) and wanted to move the database to a better machine to help with the performance improvement on the CRM system. We didn’t want to have too much down-time and didn’t want to have to go through the joy of reinstalling CRM. The Solution: Having done a bit of research ...

Accuracy of money fields in CRM 3.0
Hi, does anybody know how to change the accuracy of money fields in crm 3.0? Unfortunatly I cannot change the build in money fields precision. It is limited to two digits. New money fields can have a precision up to five digits but that will not work in my scenario. Any suggestions? J�rg Hi Jörg, Can you tell me exactly which field's precision you want to change? I could change the precision of some existing fields through: Customization -> <<entity name>> -> Attributes -> <<select the attribute>> -> Precision picklist. You can have up...

MS CRM Client for Outlook on Home Edition
I can install the CRM 3.0 Outlook clients on a Windows XP home edition? Lorenzo Soncini Trento - Italy Hi Lorenzo, Windows XP Home Edition is not a supported operating system for CRM Client. For supported configurations and details, please see the implementation guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en -- Best Regards, Eric Chen [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lorenzo Soncini" <lorenzo.soncini@technoservice.com> wrote in message...

CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive
Hi, When I'm trying to instal MSCRM Integration with Great Plains v. 1.2 results in this error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive. Please resolve the issue and re-start setup -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The integration server is running on Win 2000 Server SP4. The system partition and hard drive already using NTFS file system. Any suggestions? Thanx, David ...

movbe between forms.
I'm thinking this will be an easy one. I have a form that has a lot going on and some folks who are not real comfortable with computers. I have created another small form with instructions on how to enter data into the main form and a place on the main form for them to click to open the instructions form. What properties do I need to set on either/both forms to allow the user to enter data on the main form while leaving the instructions form open and on top(it opens in the upper right hand corner, so all the data fields are visible on the main form)? Thanks in advance. God Bless, Bill...

Showing a form whilst code is running...
Hi I have a simple splash screen that I would like to display at the start of my project. Attached to the form_open routine is the following code [code] Option Compare Database Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long) 'http://www.rohitab.com/discuss/lofiversion/index.php/t6093.html Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Form.Visible = True TxtTime.Caption = 5 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 4 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 3 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 2 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 1 End Sub [/code] What this does is count down five seconds. Ea...

Adding new account to same bank
In Money, I have an checking account set up for a particular bank. I have since opened a new credit card account with the same bank. When I try add this account via. Account List- Add a New account - Choose account type (select credit card) - (Choose the bank) - I get the message "Your account list already contains accounts with (particular banks name). After Money updates your accounts, review the account list to see if it shows duplicate copies of any accounts... click "OK". If I click OK Money changes the exiting accounts type to a credit card account instead of adding...

emails being lost
Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange. We also have GFI Mail essentials One student is sending us an email with an attachments. I can see that GFI are receiving the email and processing it OK if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the email. there are 5 entries: SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue SMTP: Started message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing SMTP: Non-delivery report generated. Can some tell me what is happening please? This student can send messag...

Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed
I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio rates. We had a 2 rate plan. If sales were below a certail threshol then apply this rate and if above apply this rate. I used an IF/THE formula. We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur how to create a formula to reflect this. Please advise.. thanks dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you now have a rate, use VLOOKUP. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg <<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Help with linking information from one sheet to another
I'm trying to setup an excel workbook like this: First sheet is a master list with peoples names in the first row and and their stats in 5-6 cataogries along with a final point total in the colums to the left of each name. Then I want to use a second sheet so that when I type in the first couple of letters in a persons name it will finish the name for me and automatically copy the players stats and total into the colums on the left. I know it's possible to do since I've seen it before I just have no clue how they did it and was hoping someone hear could help me. Thanks in advan...

How do I create Folders/Sub folders from User Form control button
I have a User Form that I would like to take one of the spare control buttons and have it set up my job folder on the hard drive. I am not sure how to code it to achive the following results: These are my text box ID's Main Folder --------------------------------------------------------------------- User Selects drive: \ CES_No_1 \ CLLI_Code_1\ TEO_No_1 Sub Folders inside Main Folder ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Completed Drawings Elec Job Folder Misc Job Documents Site Pictures If you can dig up a copy of the VBS doc...

Internet Explorer (Browser) Crashes when using CRM Menu Bar
Problem: A user clicks on a menu bar item within CRM and Internet Explorer crashes. The user is asked if they wish to send the error report to Microsoft and closes out the current IE window. (Obviously this is very annoying when attempting to click on "Tools" > "Advance Find..."). This behavior appears to happen on the client machines that have been tested. When trying to duplicate this issue, I have found that on the initial start-up of CRM the menu system works fine. However, after navigating around in CRM (e.g. moving from the initial start-up screen to W...

CRM Sales for Outlook
I have had to re-install Sales for Outlook a couple of time (including moving from one CRM target server to another, and back again), and now when I try to 'Go Off- line' I get an error stating 'The subscription already exists.'. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks ...

help #9
???? There... all better now? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, hygdd@eedd2.com <hygdd@eedd2.com> typed: | ???? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C35EC3.E4226980 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable with what exactly? I only see a questionmark? -- Please go to my website: The Site Resource Vote For The Site Resource! <hygdd@eedd2.com> wrote in message = news:a34bjvk9fvkgdb...

Need help plz! Unable to Send/Recv emails in OE.
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just set up my Outlook Express and I'm unable to Send/Recv emails which is strange because I already have an msn.com email account which works perfectly but I wish to make OE my default email and that doesn't work. Whenever I try to send an email or press the Send/Recv button I keep getting these two error messages: 1: "The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'MSN Mail Server', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavail...