having a problem installing MSCRM 1.2!

I am having a problem installing MSCRM 1.2.
My configuration consists of a Domain Controller running Win 2000
Server SP4 . I am trying to install MSCRM on a member of the domain running
Windows 2000 Server SP4. There is a DNS Server on the DC which is integrated
with AD, and a SQL Server 2000 running on the Win 2K machine.

The install errors out when CRM creates the root business with the message:

Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server.
Setup was unable to provision your organization.
Setup was unable to create the root business.

The configuration of ASP.NET seems to be ok, the provision of organization
also seems to be ok and the problem is when CRM creates root business.

I have tried installation under the local system account. Should i try
installation under a DC Account??

Any ideas?

Stelios.

0
Stelios
4/8/2005 8:02:26 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Replacing our Server running W2K AS/Exchange 5.5 with our 2 new servers running W2K3S.
Our current network has one of the server running Windows 2000 Advance Server with Active Directory and Exchange Server 5.5 installed on it. We are about to replaced them with two servers, one running Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory and acting as the Domain Controller and the other one also is running W2kS3 with Exchange Server 2003 installed on it. These 2 new servers are running on a private network and our plan is to unplug the current server (W2K AS with Exchange Server 5.5) and replace them with the new 2 servers. We have tested the 2 servers and are working fine, but our conce...

Howto select encoding ISO-8859-1
I'm would like to enconde my XML into ISO-8859-1, but I can't seem to find howto. ANy suggestions? StringWriter writer = new StringWriter(); XmlTextWriter xmlWriter = new XmlTextWriter(writer); xmlWriter.Formatting = Formatting.Indented; doc.Save(writer); return writer.ToString(); Michael H wrote: > I'm would like to enconde my XML into ISO-8859-1, but I can't seem to find > howto. ANy suggestions? > > StringWriter writer = new StringWriter(); > XmlTextWriter xmlWriter = new XmlTextWriter(writer); > xmlWriter.Formatting = For...

test drive #2
I did not remove office test drive before installing the full version. How can I remove only the test drive now? Grateful for any answer! Aasmund Fretland <fretland@gmail.com> wrote: > I did not remove office test drive before installing the full version. > How can I remove only the test drive now? I would trash the folder. I'm not sure the test drive woudl install anything that would really conflict with the regular install and would be outside of that folder. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http:...

Outlook synchronization error #2
Good evening, we are using Outlook 2003 and MS exchange 2003 with all the patches and updates. We are having this reoccurring problem with a number of users. So far we have tried the following: rebuilt the profiles, the database as well as the OST with no luck. The message mentioned under "Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Conflicts' appears actually in the inbox! The link provided with the error takes you to the Microsoft support site and there is no solution there. We will be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this. Here is the error: 20:14:15 ...

stacked bar charts #2
I'm trying to compare timeliness performance across several different courts. I have data showing me how many cases are completed in each court in intervals such as 0- 35 days, 36-71 days... I want to be able to stack this info vertically for each court, giving a total of 100% of cases completed for each court. Then I want to be able to compare the courts horizontally so I can see, for example, which courts are clearing large %'s of very old cases, or very young cases. Suggestions welcome. ...

Chart automation #2
I have a spredsheet that keeps track of a number of sales items for every month. These sales numbers are also used for the sources in a chart that will give me a visual picture of what is going on. So, if the spreadsheet has numbers in A1 to C3, the source will be A1:C3 Each month I will add a new row to the spreadsheet for the new set of numbers. Then in the chart I will have to manually change the source to A1:C4 and so on for each new month. Is there a way to automatically have the chart to know that there is a new row in the spreadsheet and automaically add that new row to the so...

Received/Not Invoiced #2
Has anybody come across a situation where the Smartlist>>Purchase Orders>>Received Purchase Orders would not show a PO that had a valid Receiving against it without an Invoice. It is a Blanket PO and was received against the right line on the PO - however both open lines of the same item on the PO show as Released and the Smartlist only shows Received status PO's. The odder thing is it does show up on the PO Analysis>>Received/Not Invoiced report. Anybody come across this before. Thanks Was the PO manually closed? That would be a reason the receipt doesn't ap...

Convert number into words #2
Hi, Can any one help me to convert numeric into words (without Currency USD, EURO, just words), e. g., 15,015.27 Fifteen thousand fifteen and twenty seven only Rgds Blackwar Blackwar, have a look here for how to do it, http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Blackwar" <Blackwar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81ED27F-49A4-40A6-91E5-5ED1A9...

IMAP4SVC does not start #2
I have MS Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. After last power outage IMAP4SVC does not work. Microsoft IMAP4 service sown as STARTED in services, but Virtual IMAP4 server in System Manager is down. When I'm trying to start it I see the message, that IMAP server shows specific error and can not be started. There is a Warning in Event Log with Source: IMAP4SVC and Event ID: 1036 "An error occured while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x36b7" Please advise, thank you, Gary Uber ...

how can I look into store.exe #2
I have an email sobig that i cant even download it on my outlook express 6.0.... The adviced for is to locate it on the Queues in Outbound or inbound messages on IMC, but if it is not in there the message may be stuck up in Store. How can I locate it and delete the massega in store.exe they say I can use the MFCmapi but i'm a newbie how can do this. Do I have to download the MFCMapi? what is it? thanks Use Exmerge to remove the message. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];328202 -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not...

Weird Calendering Problem
All, I've seen a lot of similar posts but have been having trouble regardless. We have Office XP on our Windows XP box, my wife and I each have our own XP login and our own .PST file for Outlook. If I send her a meeting request for an all day appointment, when it shows up in her calendar it shows up for 7pm->7pm the next day. In my calendar it's just all day, in hers it shows up starting at 7pm and spanning two days. The thing is, both of our time zones are set to Central Time GMT -6, and both of our daylight savings checkboxes are checked, and they are the same both in Outlook a...

Problem with outlook/windows
My computer has all of a sudden started running itself in safe mode and I get error messages whatever I try and do, all referring to a file called kbdg.dll. I can't find any reference to this file on the internet. Here is an example of a message I get when loading windows: OSA9 caused an invalid page fault in module KBDG.DLL at 015f:61c05319. Registers: EAX=0062eca4 CS=015f EIP=61c05319 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=00000000 SS=0167 ESP=0062ec48 EBP=0062ec68 ECX=00000004 DS=0167 ESI=00000078 FS=2307 EDX=00000001 ES=0167 EDI=ffffffff GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 66 83 39 00 8d 41 02 74 0a 66 8b 10 40 40 ...

Subform-Query Problems
I have read thru many other threads to try and find a solution to my problem but to no avail. My issue: I have two tables that I am trying to link so that my 2d table data can be used as a subform on the main form for which all the data on the 1st table is stored. What I am trying to do with the subform is to have a datasheet that shows the date of visit..type of 8823 issued..etc but to correspond to the PROJECT for which the visit is for in the Main Form. I get the message below.. I have tried to change my query and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have Project Name as my Primar...

Installing Norton 360 Windows XP
I have downloaded this but when I come to install it the following message appears: windows cannot access the specified device, path or file you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. The same applies to the CleanDownload from Norton and msicuu2 clean up tool, even when unblocked in Properties! Please help me, I only want to protect my computer. (Norton say that this is not their products fault and suggested the CleanDownload) "jennydaw" wrote: > I have downloaded this but when I come to install it the following message > appears: windows cannot ...

Pivot table chart problem
Hello! Can somebody help me to solve one insignificant problem related to pivot table charts. I want to have grand totals displayed in the chart, which was created using a pivot table. I tried many different ways, but couldn't succeed. Is it impossible? If so, are there any other ways to display the totals in the chart. I really apreciate your help. Thank you in advance. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I don't know of a way to include the grand total in a PivotChart. You can create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the totals in that. On Jo...

XP Visual Style rendering problem
I am having a nasty problem with the "automatic" rendering of XP visual styles - I have an MFC-based app (a dialog-style "app" derived from CPropertySheet) to which I have added an XP manifest.. Almost everything paints just fine (but differently, of course), EXCEPT for when I "maximize" my app (my screen is running at 1152x864) - then, the bottom 10-15% of all my property page backgrounds is rendered with an almost white (*slight* blue tinge) versus the rest of the property page background, which is the "usual" XP Luna *slightly* yellow-brown dialog gr...

Having problems running powerpoint slide show!!!
Hi all, Could someone please assist me in regards to a problem i am having trouble running a power point slide presentation. The file is a large file approx 390mb i am running a fully up to date system XP intel pentium D 820 - 2GB memory - 512mb graphics - asus mother board. My PC is SP3. I running Microsoft Office 2003 but the file i am trying to run was done with 2007 so i installed the MS compatability pack. I know the file works and with sound as i viewed it on school computer with lower specs than mine. When i try run it takes from disc or HDD it takes approx 10 minutes...

error -1.#IND
Hello, one of number has i VBA code value -1.#IND. What mean it? Adax wrote: > Hello, one of number has i VBA code value -1.#IND. What mean it? Indeterminate. Result cannot be represented in a floating point register. Most likely the result of 0/0, sqrt(-1) or similar. Regards, Martin Brown ...

Hide Address List #2
I have create an address list of contacts in the ESM. I have granted full control to the following: Domain Admins Enterprise Admins Exchange Domain Servers SYSTEM As a member of the Domain Admins group, I am able to see the address list as well as list its contents in Outlook. When I log in on a test workstation with a test user, I am still able to see the list but not list its contents in Outlook. The test user is a member of only the Domain Users group. What more must I do to prevent the address list from even showing up in the list of address lists in Outlook for the test use...

Great Plains and SQL Replication #2
Does anyone know anyone who is using One Way Transactional Replication with Great Plains? We don't need standby, we need Read Only at a different location than where GP is running. Thanks. Contact me at 512.347.9399x109 Also - Here is a White Paper on GP and SQL 2000 Replication. Officially, Replication of any type is not supported and the "resource" who wrote this white paper is no longer available. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;329185&Product=sql Here is some information from a Microsoft Consultant on One-Way Transactional Replicati...

Custom border problem #2
Having difficulty creating a custom border around a text box in Publisher 2000. After seleccting the graphic to use, we get the message that Publisher cannot open the file. It is not a question of file complexity or on a network as we see the same message no matter where the source. The account in question is a limited account, which we are assured, has managed to create custom borders in the past. I tried making a border in the admin account and it works OK which would suggest it is a question of permissions, but why should be so and why did it work once but no longer? TIA TWK Can ...

owaadmin install fail
When I install owaadmin on front-end server, it is not creating owaadmin virtual directory. i made sure there is .net framework 1.x also .asp net installed. Appreciate your help On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 06:18:03 -0700, "Henry" <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I install owaadmin on front-end server, it is not creating owaadmin >virtual directory. i made sure there is .net framework 1.x also .asp net >installed. > >Appreciate your help It is not recommended to install on any Exchange Servers per the readme. "Installation Requirements The O...

send email #2
Can Excel automaticly send an email message to an adress contained in a cell when another cell contains the specific text? see www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gall" <gall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6224A2FB-B9EF-4599-ACF9-31B485269F17@microsoft.com... > Can Excel automaticly send an email message to an > adress contained in a cell when another cell contains the specific text? > > ...

Office 2000 SR-1 Installer prevents the opening of an Excel file
I have Office 2000 running XP Pro -- when I click on an Excel file, I get the Windows Installer asking me to insert the Office SR-1 disk which I no longer have inmy possession. This just started after three happy years of using Office 2000. How can I return to opening my Excel files? Hi you probably need these CDs. If you have lost them you may ask Microsoft's support to send them anew -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Archiex" <Archiex@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:56BFF412-9D09-4739-9DAC-4BC80467A3B7@microsoft.com... > I have O...

6776 =?ISO-8859-1?Q?convers=E3o?= alcool potencia chip tuning 67761
Quer economizar ganhando Pot�ncia? Temos chip de convers�o gasolina para �lcool trazendo uma boa economia mensal. Para convers�o a �lcool veja exemplo de Economia: Veiculo: Fiat palio 1.0 8v ano 98 com 78.000 km Media feita com 1.500 km rodados entre cidade e estrada Gasolina:1500km consumo (10km/l)=150lts x r$1.85 = r$ 277,50 �lcool: 1500km consumo (7,5km/l) = 200lts x r$ 0,70 = r$ 140,00 Diferen�a (economia no bolso!) = r$ 137,50 Pre�o especial apenas para as 100 primeiras vendas. http://chipvix.vilabol.uol.com.br/index.html convers�o gnv gasolina alcoo...