Handling contacts in accounts

Can anyone suggest the best way to deal with a contact who leaves a company
and reappears in another company. Should the contact just be reassigned, or
should they be left (deactivated?) in the existing company, and a new contact
created.

I am interested in tracking history both with the old account, and with the
contact themselves.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Technojeff,

you can use the relationships to do this. Reassign your contact to the
new company, add a relationship between the contact and old company.

HTH,

Frederic - Travi@ta
www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu

technojeff schreef:

> Can anyone suggest the best way to deal with a contact who leaves a company
> and reappears in another company. Should the contact just be reassigned, or
> should they be left (deactivated?) in the existing company, and a new contact
> created.
>
> I am interested in tracking history both with the old account, and with the
> contact themselves.

0
Frederic

Mail and Contacts Clear List
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop The Clear List check box in Preferences does not clear all the erroneous addresses that have collected in the email address drop down list. Thus, I alway have to sort thru a bunch of address most of which are wrong to find the correct one and of course when I am in a hurry, I choose one of the incorrect addresses and the email bounces back. What a pain. How can I clear the list drop down list completely? By the way the suggestion about creating an address and setting category as junk does no...

Need better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes
The exchange admins in my company have come up with a way for the sys admins to assign the user's mailbox store location. It's based off of last name. For example, if your last name starts with letter A, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store A, if your last name starts with letter B, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store B, if your last name starts with letter E, you go on Storage Group 2, Mailbox Store A, etc.... This is, I believe, and administrative nightmare. Is there a better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes? If it works for you and them, then al...

How do i sort contacts using more than one catagory ?
I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific catagories. Can this be done, if so how? thanks "samong" <samong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01E99022-AB21-487B-9365-2E66BB0C3F1B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one > catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific > catagories. Can this be done, if so how? The Category field is non-sortable because it is a multi...

Backing up contacts in outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them Save your Outlook Data File (Personal Folders File) and reuse it after you reinstall. It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jhapoienu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:49f901c3ffb7$8ff238a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. > Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them jhap...

birthday in contacts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am unable to edit a birthday in my contacts. The contact info defaults to 1 Jan 1970 whatever I do. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3356781351_7446652 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 5/15/10 6:20 AM, in article 59bb880e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Erwin@officeformac.com" <Erwin@officeformac.com&g...

How to stop tracking a Contact in CRM 4.0
How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" Hi Ken, The "Track in CRM" for contacts turns to "View in CRM" when a matching contact record is created in the CRM database. If you no longer want that contact in CRM then you can delete it, then it will say "Track in CRM" again. "Ken Florian" wrote: > How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" ...

Contact List
How come whne I put in a contact in Outlook 2004, and then I add a fax #, it lists the contact twice on my main list? It's because there is no Outlook 2004. The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha character) so that Outlook won't recognize them as phone numbers. There are also a number of utilities available that can do this for you automat...

Weird exchange service account problems
Scenario: I attempted to install Brightstor Arcserve backup agent using the arcserve software. I got an error saying it was unable to finalize the account. I manually deleted the dbagent account several times in an attempt to troubleshoot the problem. Now my exchange server is screwed up. Sypmtoms: Logged on as Administrator (Exchange Service Account...I know this should be a seperate user, will rectify that when this is fixed) I am seeing problems with permissions inside of the Exchange Server Administrator program. When I click on Connections->Internet Mail Service connector I get t...

Newbie question, can't get a handle on the handles <g> ... ?
How do we manipulate text that needs to flow to another box, i.e., when working in two columns and we need text to flow to a third, how do we do this? I'm sorry for such a simple question, but I've looked through the help and on the web and I think it's because I don't know what it's called. Anyhoo, pls advise! Tx. Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Dylan56 <No@SpamAtAll.com> > How do we manipulate text that needs to flow to another box, i.e., > when working in two columns and we need text to flow to a third,...

missing Business Contact Manager
My Office Professional Edition 2003 arrived from Microsoft. I installed the complete program. The Business Contact Manager menu does not appear. I thought that the Outlook 2003 in the Professional Edition has Business Contact Manager. Is it not supposed to? shlomoved@yahoo.com If you have Exchange service in your profile, the BCM will be unavailable. If you do not, did you install Outlook first and then the BCM from disk 2? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Ron <an...

Shared Contacts Master Categories question
I need to have 50 users on Outlook/Exchange specify a number of contacts that need to be exported to another system. I had my Exchange admin give me shared access to each of the mailboxes in question. My plan was to go through each set of contacts, and add a new category to the master categories for each user. When I got the the second contact, the keyword identifier was already there! It looks like Outlook/Exchange is allowing me access to the correct contacts, but is using my master category list. How can I access and update each users category master list? Isn't this kept ...

Need help, pls, with contacts...
As I enter names in Outlook 2000, I would like their title to appear before their name in both the contact listing AND when I send an email.. example... Dr. Joe Smith... instead of just Joe Smith.. And having to click 'Full Name' to reveal the title of Dr. Also, is their a way to add additional titles to the dropdown list? I also deal with religious that use Sr. (Sister) and Fr. (Father), as well as Deacon... Thank You! -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

E-mail Account
I am able to connect to Exchange my exchange 2003 server (on server 2003 standard) using the email account "Microsoft Exchange Server". To verify that I am connected I click on "Check name" and both the server name and username are underlined. However once I open Outlook 2003 Outlook is very slow and doesn't repond very well. I try to send an e-mail and it sits in the outbox and messages that are on my exchange server in outlook web access aren't downloaded. If I try send/receive Outlook locks up and even sometime says (not responding). Outlook eventual...

Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3
I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3? You can use the accounts it created. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@a...

Creating a e-mail contact list which has "undisclosed recipients"
Can anyone help me with a contact list for my e-mail which does not disclose all recipients names. I would like to send an e-mail regarding company information to several people which answers questions, but I don't want everyone to know who I am addressing it to. You need enter the names under the Bcc option when you address the email. That way, each recipient will only see their own name, but the email will go to everyone. Actually, the recipients won't see their own name in the To field. They will only see what the sender puts there, if anything (some ISPs require that you...

Money 2006: Is there an account for FSA?
Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible spending account? And if so, what is it called? Rod I'm not aware of one. Since it wouldn't really have any properties a basic cash account wouldn't have, using a basic cash account is good enough for many of us. "Rod" <rod@no.spam> wrote in message news:%23xX7cJtMHHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible > spending account? And if so, what is it called? So, should I set up a cash account, then, or doesn't it ...

hwo to recover personal folders and contact list??
I had office 2003 running on my C: drive and I had a major system crash so I backed up the entire C: drive to D: .. then I formatted and reinstalled windows XP pro and office 2003. can someone tell me where on the D: drive I woudld find the contact list and all my folders from outlook 2003 that I had running before? THanks.. Hi Dave, please look here, which datas are important for outlook http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#18 If you search for the relevant files you could import them into your new Outlook! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Brave...

Payroll posting accounts #4
I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am in the Employer´s Tax Expense window I can not fill the SUTA & FUTA code. It displays: "This is not a valid tax witholding code". What can I do to solve it? -- Jorge R. HI Jorge, Just give any dummy account as you are not calucting the SUTA and FUTA then system won't do anything but is require so please full fill all the posting account setup requirement before you proceed. "Jorge" wrote: > I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am > ...

cant send email to certain accounts
I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday. Here is the error I keep getting. I also can not get the Windows Mail help to open up. I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else happens. Thanks The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, ple...

Managing Calender's across Multiple Accounts
The CEO of my organization is actually the CEO of several companies, and as such, required several separate e-mail addresses(3). He also travels a lot and makes use of his Aircard to access the company network remotely with his laptop. So, I created an outlook profile for him on his laptop with all 3 Exchange accounts attached to it (on the same profile), but the network traffic was too much for the aircard to handle. So, I seperated them into 3 seperate Outlook profiles, and he needs to choose which to connect to when he logs in. This seems to work out well for him for the most part, wh...

Business Contact Manager import error
Hi All. I'm using the new Data Migration Pack for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. to import data from Microsoft Business Contact Manager into a new, clean, CRM 3.0 system. The import is failing, and I don't know why. I get as far as Map Users > Map Territories > Mapping Summary. When I click 'Configure' the migration stops with an unexpected error. I've included an extract of the activity log below, which shows more details. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! R 28/03/2006 11:38:11------>Next Screen Request: From ConfigurationSummary screen...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #4
It there anyway to get the outlook business contact manager information to sync with pocket pc 2003 outlook Try asking in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync as the folks who hang out there have all kinds of good links to third party programs. Outlook itself cannot do this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Glen asked: | It there anyway to get the outlook business contact | ma...

Not able to connect to outgoing SMTP server using POP account in Outlook 2007
Good Day, We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error. "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server" I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the following Outgoing Server Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck. Does anybody have any other suggestions that I can try. Thank You Ad...

How to choose an account to send e-mail
Hello all. I have Office 2003 / Windows XP SP2. I have three accounts (for working POP, hotmail and personal POP) When I send an e-mail Outlook takes by default the first one account. I always choose manualy the account I need but sometimes I forget or I choose badly. My question is: There is a way to select from which account the e-mail will be send? Plug-in or Option or other??? Thanks a lot. S There's a dropdown list to help you choose the account on the toolbar in = the mail message.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://w...

Changing Default Contacts List for E-mail
I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually select the other one. How can I change the default list that shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e- mail? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Michael Leu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:056501...