grid_container.aspx equivalent in 3.0

I was wondering if anyone knew of the 3.0 equivalent of
grid_container.aspx in MSCRM 3.0. In 1.2 it was so easy just to link to
that page, and pass in the view id to display a view from a third-party
app
(http://localhost/_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewId={DCF11D6A-4EAB-40C8-801A-0132C5FF092F}).
It appears there is not the same concept in 3.0. Can anyone shed any
light on this for me?

Thanks

0
laurenhudgins
11/21/2005 7:30:21 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

They (aka me :-)  ) rewrote the grids in CRM 3.0 and they no longer use
IFRAMEs.  Instead the first page load just renders the HTML inline into a
DIV.   For subsequent loads (like paging, sorting and refreshing) the system
makes a web service call to get the HTML that renders inside an inner DIV.

You could spoof that web service call (check out AppGrid.htc and Grid.htc)
to get the HTML, or you could try to use the AppGrid control natively.
Either way you are going to need to write custom code.

Note: The team may have added something since I left, but I really cannot
think of any thing that re-creates grid_container off the top of my head.

Aaron Elder
Invoke Systems
http://www.invokesystems.com

<laurenhudgins@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if anyone knew of the 3.0 equivalent of
> grid_container.aspx in MSCRM 3.0. In 1.2 it was so easy just to link to
> that page, and pass in the view id to display a view from a third-party
> app
> (http://localhost/_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewId={DCF11D6A-4EAB-40C8-801A-0132C5FF092F}).
> It appears there is not the same concept in 3.0. Can anyone shed any
> light on this for me?
>
> Thanks

0
Aaron

CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 Upgrade Active Directory Issues
Hi, It was decided to reinstall CRM 3.0 after a successful upgrade from Version 1.2 (Except reporting services). As part of the install a mistake was made and therequired groups for CRM 3.0 upgrade from 1.2 were deleted (PrivUserGroup, SQLAccessGroup, UserGroup, ReportingGroup). We manually recreated them. Now in trying to reinstall CRM 3.0 on an already upgraded and exsitng MSCMR Database, we keep getting stopped at the Verification Tasks under the section of "Microsoft CRM User Input" with a error that "One or more of the Microsoft CRM Groups do not exist". Al...

MSPOS 2.0 Trial
I installed the MSPOS 2.0 trial version 2 days ago and have not been able to activate it yet. Each time I try to activate it gives me an internal error and will not activate. Are you using a key that came with the CD? Can you post any additional information about the error? "Aaron Schmidt" <Aaron Schmidt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48CCD6B4-827B-4781-A0F4-A1F271F1982F@microsoft.com... >I installed the MSPOS 2.0 trial version 2 days ago and have not been able >to > activate it yet. Each time I try to activate it gives me an internal >...

Can not assign a role to the user in MS CRM 3.0
After upgrade from MS CRM 1.2 to 3.0, we can create a user but we can not assign a role to the user. When I click on "Manage Role", Manage Role window pops up with no role in it. How can I resolve this issue? Can someone please respond to this message? After upgrade, we can create user but we can not assign a role to the user. Will appreciate if one of the experts could guide me to resolve this issue. Regards, ExSlx wrote: > After upgrade from MS CRM 1.2 to 3.0, we can create a user but we can > not assign a role to the user. When I click on "Manage Role", Manage...

[ANN] eXml
I'm glad to announce first release of the eXml - extended ASP.NET Xml Web Server Control. eXml is a free open-source ASP.NET 2.0 Web server control extending and improving standard ASP.NET XML Web server control. eXml Web server control uses new .NET 2.0 XSLT processor - XslCompiledTransform class to perform XSL transformations thus providing in average 400% performance boost and improved standard compliance. Additionally eXml Web server control provides built-in support for 70+ EXSLT extension functions, XML Inclusions (XInclude) 1.0, friendly XML rendering, <?xml-stylesheet?> XML ...

The thread 'std::_Tree<....>::erase' (0xac4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Running under the debugger in VS2005 and I see the following in the output window. It happens to be occurring at about the time I seem to have a timing problem. The thread 'std::_Tree<std::_Tmap_traits<unsigned char,_WINUSB_PIPE_INFORMATION,std::less<unsigned char>,std::allocator<std::pair<unsigned char const ,_WINUSB_PIPE_INFORMATION> >,0> >::erase' (0xac4) has exited with code 0 (0x0). I am not aware of having created any such thread. Should I worry? Rgds, Bill PS Tried this in microsoft.public.vc.stl but that seems moribund. F'up to mpvl,...

Publisher equivalent for Mac
I'm a PC user, who's getting ready to switch to Mac. As of now, I'm fairly clueless about the Mac software world, and I'm having trouble determining what to buy to replace the functionality of Publisher, which isn't available in the Mac Office suite. Any suggestions? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!! > I'm a PC user, who's getting ready to switch to Mac. > As of now, I'm fairly clueless about the Mac software > world, and I'm having trouble determining what to buy > to replace the functionality of Publisher, which isn't > availab...

PDF Icon grayed out in IE7.0
I used to be able to save files as pdf files by clicking on an icon. Now for some reason the Icon on the toolbar is grayed out. Under view and toolbar the PDF is checked. Any help appreciated. In article <75C6AEEB-D817-4198-85B4-AFB363E05799@microsoft.com>, Tim in Houston <TiminHouston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I used to be able to save files as pdf files by clicking on an icon. Now for > some reason the Icon on the toolbar is grayed out. Under view and toolbar > the PDF is checked. Any help appreciated. Since your post is about PDFs, which is not a...

How Do I Share an Excel Workbook on line with 3 others?
Help tells me that I open the application Tools Online WebDiscussions If nothing happens click Discussions Which asks me to add a discussion server and it is at this point that I get stuck. Does anyone know what discussion servers are out there. I have searched in Excel and here but I keep being told that I should type in the Discussion Server set up by my administrator. It's a home computer ergo I am the administrator and would welcome help on this extremely timely issue. Many thanks Rosee ...

Multiple signatures #3
Hi I have two accounts in my outlook and I have each assigned a different signature under Tools->Options-Mail Format. When I create a new message, I have an Accounts toolbar button which I can use to select which account I want to send email from. The problem is that when I switch the account here the signature does not change. What is the proper way to setup different signatures for different account? Thanks Regards To get the signature to change when you switch accounts, you need to be = using Word as your email editor, which is a setting on the same dialog. --=20 Sue Mosher,...

Huge Av Disk Queue Length #3
Hi guys We have a 2 cluster Exchange 2003 environment. Approx 150 mailboxes, average 500MB, about 20 or so as large as 3GB. 4 storage groups, 4 mailbox stores per group, each store on it's own physical mirrored disk, logs on seperate physical disks. Compaq servers, dual Xeon, 3GB RAM, fast SCSI disks. The problem we have is occasionaly Outlook will grind to a halt on certain machines, particularly the PA's who have up to 10 shared calenders open. I've set a performance monitor to check average disk queue length on each of the disks. Most are fine and rarely go above 10 or so...

Money 2.0
been using money 2.0 for small business books since 1992 so want to continue with same format. my program opens to show lined Account Book page then I work from there. New vers. of Money baffle me with fancy screens that do nothing for me. V 2.0 worked ok up to my Win95 but now my WinXP Pro doesn't seem to like it and besides, I can't get to an Account Book screen in new prog. Is there a later Ver. of Money that will work in XP but still just give me the accounting type pages to work on ? In microsoft.public.money, Stan wrote: >been using money 2.0 for small business book...

RMS 1.3 / PCCharge HELP
We're running 1.3r and use PCCharge for processing credit cards and charges. We just opened another store and noticed that all of our credit card tenders at the new store are listed on the PCCharge Credit Card Summary report as being entered MANUALLY even though we SWIPE the cards through our MSR in our Cherry keyboard. Our other store doesn't have this problem. This causes us to endure additional charges through our credit card processing company. Does anyone know WHY the card swipes are being put through as MANUAL entries and what do I need to do to make them get processed as...

Calling a dll from VC++ 6.0
I was handed a dll (created from Ada) and the header file for it ----------adadll.h--------------------------------------------------------------- extern "C" { char * getProcList(char * pFilePath); ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In my VC++ code, I have the prototypes: extern "C" char * __export getProcList(char * pFilePath); and my code calls the function: TCHAR * blah = ConvertFileExt(pFileName); TCHAR * procList = getProcList(blah) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

OWA Attachments #3
We can't seem to see some attachments, particularly "WAV" files. I can see and open them on outlook 2003 client, but not on OWA. I can see the attachment icon ("clip") but when opening mesaage, nothing is listed on the "attachments" area. Any ideas? Sincerely, Eli pls follow the kb http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838415 -- Jammy "Eli" <eli@palmhealthbenefits.com> ���g��l��s�D :5C6F0BFA-CF74-469B-9B21-7A7F22D9D6B7@microsoft.com... > We can't seem to see some attachments, particularly "WAV" file...

User Forms #3
Ive created a user form in visual basic but im having trouble remembering how assign it to the work book idealy id like it to auto run on opening of the workbook but im really having trouble finding any information on usere forms at all. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Gregg ...

What is 3% of 1061?
How do I put this into a spread sheet? =1061*0.03 "Gene McK" wrote: > How do I put this into a spread sheet? or =3%*1061 -- David Biddulph "Nickbray" <Nickbray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:544BD20C-5501-4639-9A91-C824FC0868A7@microsoft.com... > =1061*0.03 > > "Gene McK" wrote: > >> How do I put this into a spread sheet? =1061*3% OR with 1061 in cellA1 =A1*3% -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Gene McK" wrote: > How do I put this into a spread sheet? On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 ...

outlook newsreader #3
After I open the newreader window when I go to down select the newsgroup I want to read the list shows up, but when I move the mouse it disappears. The only way I can get to them is to use the view menu at the top ...

Problem with Item Lookup/Properties window interaction (1.3.0208)
This is a problem my retail store is having. We have HQ managing three SO stores, all updated to 1.3 and hotfixed to .0208. In any SO or HQ Manager, go into Item lookup. Select an item, note its price. Double-click that item or click Properties and notice the price is the same. Now, don't click Cancel or Ok, click the [X] to close the window OR click on the Item lookup window behind the Properties window for the current item. Now go to another item. Note its price. Double-click that item or click Properties. The value in the price field will be the same as the PREVIOUS item. If you...

dot NET 1.1 to 3.5
Can one safely "uninstall" some of the .NET installations? "Rick Merrill" <Rick0.merrill@gmail.nospam.com> wrote in message news:OWaij754KHA.5548@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can one safely "uninstall" some of the .NET > installations? Probably not: MS documentation says if you need NET.3 at all, you need NET.2 and NET.1 as well. That is the way it is built. -- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada) Rick Merrill wrote: > Can one safely "uninstall" some of the .NET > installations? Yes... no... and ...

CRM 3.0 & ACT 7
Hello all We have installed Microsoft CRM 3 on SBS 2003. We worked until today with ACT 7 (2005). I would like to know how I can Export and Import all the DATA from ACT to CRM. Thanks Using a tool such as DMF will work. For importing the notes you must use Scribe by Scribesoft; the DMF does not have this feature. RD "Eran Arkush" wrote: > Hello all > > We have installed Microsoft CRM 3 on SBS 2003. > We worked until today with ACT 7 (2005). > I would like to know how I can Export and Import all the DATA from ACT to CRM. > > Thanks Scribe may not support ...

Money 2005 update #3
Everytime I start Money, I get a message that an update is available, and if I install the update, after the installation is complete and I try to open my Money file, I get an error message saying a phone number could not be found. The only way to recover from this is to remove and reinstall Money 2005 from the original disk, skip running the update when I restart Money, and then open the backup copy of my Money file. What do I need to do to be able to use the Money 2005 update? Try using the sample file. Navigate to sample.mny and double click on it. Money will then download the upd...

SQL AND GP8.0 in different servers.
Hi, How can I install GP 8.0 like Server if SQL Server is install in other server? Is that possible? I have two different servers for each one and I need to initialize GP, running GP utilities to create DYNAMICS database and COMPANY database... Thanks, -- Evelin. This can be done. I am not sure I understand the situation as Great Plains is the client communicating to the server. Usually Great Plains is installed on the SQL Server as well but it is not mandatory. To do what you want all you need to do is to set up an ODBC DSN on the one server that points to the other to apply the d...

how it is useful #3
hi iam chinnu how it is us Quick Links | Home | Worldwide Search Microsoft.com for: Required Display Name: * A user with this username already exists. * * Signature Enter information about yourself that you wish to share. This information will be visible to other forum members in your User Profile window and could potential be harvested by spammers. * URL: * * About Me: Enter information about yourself that you wish to share. This information will be visible to other forum members in your User Profile window and could potent...

In MSCRM 3.0
I have written a workflow sales process with one or more email activities for each stage in MSCRM 3.0. The email activities are sent automatically, instead of scheduling the email and showing it as open e-mail activity on the workplace's activity list. But actually in MSCRM 1.2 it won't sent the email on the fly, instead shows as opened activity to the email owner. Is there any change in new MSCRM 3.0? Or else can any one say how to schedule the email activities which is created by sales process as opposed to being send out automatically? Thanks in advance Regards, Phoenix I am al...

Business Portal 3 Service Pack
If I try to d/load the BP3 SP1, Partnersource says I should contact MS Tech Services via an SR to make this available. Anyone have an idea why? We're a VAR in SA and would prefer not paying for an SR just to get the SP. Thanks I contacted Tech Support and was advised to only install the SP if I was having one of the specific problems it addressed. Here is the pertinant section of the support mail: /* START OF QUOTE */ Assessment ---------------- There is an issue with Business Portal 3.0 SP 1 due to an unintended dependence on .Net 2.0. To resolve the issue, .Net 2.0 needs to be inst...