Graphics and attached file in e-mail activity / quick campaigns e-mails

Hi.

We have migrated from Siebel to MS CRM 4.0. We are happy with the decision,
but very disappointed by the default options on e-mails, especially e-mails
in quick campaigns:

-	Graphics cannot be inserted, e.g. a company logo
-	A file, e.g. a PDF, cannot be attached

Can anyone help with a workaround, or any tips on a third party add-on /
tool that can expand the functionality in CRM?
We have tried deferent workarounds:

-	Export the targets e-mail addresses to Excel. Design the e-mail in Word,
and send the e-mails from Word via the Excel list merge. That solves the
graphics issue, but not the attached file.
-	Create a workflow with the e-mail that the user can run on demand. Solves
the attached file issue, but not the graphics.

None of the workaround is very user friendly.

Any ideas?

Regards
Jacob Mondrup
Denmark

0
jm2100 (20)
5/7/2010 9:56:15 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Jacob,

Please have a look at VEM (www.vizola.com/vem) - it is an inexpensive
multi-lingual eMarketing addin with free eval download to try.
Using its merge-send engine, VEM allows use of templates in email
(quick) campaigns.
In addition to supporting attachments, we have recently integrated
CKEditor/CKFinder into the VEM Template Editor.
This provides enhanced editing (including clickthru tracking markup
etc) for standard CRM templates.

Regards,
-Chris
0
chris.cohen (132)
5/12/2010 10:57:40 AM
Addon Nice is also providing these kind of features...plus many more under 1
server Crm-online ready.

CS http://www.addonnice.com Imagine CRM - CRM @Commerce - XRM EMailing

"Jacob Mondrup" <jm@vivant.dk> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : uRh3qvc7KHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi.
>
> We have migrated from Siebel to MS CRM 4.0. We are happy with the
> decision, but very disappointed by the default options on e-mails,
> especially e-mails in quick campaigns:
>
> - Graphics cannot be inserted, e.g. a company logo
> - A file, e.g. a PDF, cannot be attached
>
> Can anyone help with a workaround, or any tips on a third party add-on /
> tool that can expand the functionality in CRM?
> We have tried deferent workarounds:
>
> - Export the targets e-mail addresses to Excel. Design the e-mail in Word,
> and send the e-mails from Word via the Excel list merge. That solves the
> graphics issue, but not the attached file.
> - Create a workflow with the e-mail that the user can run on demand.
> Solves the attached file issue, but not the graphics.
>
> None of the workaround is very user friendly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards
> Jacob Mondrup
> Denmark