General CRM Questions

Hello,
I am looking at Microsoft CRM as a possible customer support solution and
have some questions.  Any help is appreciated....

1) Do knowledge base articles support file attachments?
2) Can the system be configured to support multiple departments that are
unrelated?  In other words, can cases, customized case forms, knowledge base
articles and custom knowledge base templates be associated to a specific
department only?  What about the subject tree, can there be multiple trees
(one for each department)?

Thank you,
Craig Santoli

0
Craig
10/26/2004 3:56:38 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Currently it is not possible to attach files to KB articles (and it is also
not possible to email KB articles).
The only way today to set up different Departments to utilise different
"forms" is for you to develop your own ASPx pages to handle this - by
checking which user is logged on and then determine whch "Business unit'
(Department in your language) they belong to so that you call the
appropriate page.

The subject tree can have many 'top level' nodes and associated branches
under them.
Guy.

"Craig Santoli" <csantoli@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am looking at Microsoft CRM as a possible customer support solution and
> have some questions.  Any help is appreciated....
>
> 1) Do knowledge base articles support file attachments?
> 2) Can the system be configured to support multiple departments that are
> unrelated?  In other words, can cases, customized case forms, knowledge
> base
> articles and custom knowledge base templates be associated to a specific
> department only?  What about the subject tree, can there be multiple trees
> (one for each department)?
>

> Thank you,
> Craig Santoli

0
Guy

MS CRM 4
Hi, We're using MS CRM 4.0. When we try to import customizations for a custom entity we keep getting the following error "Either the file could not be uploaded or import failed". It also says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it." We have already spent many hours trying to solve this, but without any success. Please help !!! Hi, This error typically comes when format of customization file is not proper. Can you please provide me more details. Please tell the details about system from which you have exporte...

Simple Powerpoint questions
1. How do I apply animation to specific words in a sentence? For example, suppose I want the final word in a sentence to not show up at first, not until I click the mouse. Here's my dumb attempt: I highlight the final word, go to Custom Animation, and click 'Add Effect' > 'Entrance' > 'Appear'. But this ends up selecting the entire sentence, despite the fact that I highlighted only the final word in the sentence. 2. I like to do everything by keyboard. But how do I get to 'Add Effect' by keyboard? I know I can get to Custom Animation wit...

Question about some addons
Has anyone had any experience with Catalog View and PIC-ME 2.0 from Retail Hero? We've used some of their other addons and love them, but I just want to make sure they're what the store needs before we purchase them. I'm the IT manager for a store that is interesting in these addons and wondering if anyone has used them and has any feedback on them that I can bring back to the store manager. Thanks in advance, David ...

Outlook 2000 Question #3
Hi, I've got a simple question that there might be a simple answer to that I just can't quite see right in front of me. I have a client that's running Outlook 2000 (with service release 3 installed...all updates done to MS Office) and it can't seem to Accept/Decline/Cancel meeting requests. The emails show up indicating time and date but the buttons do not appear to Accept or Decline the meeting. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance, Bobby Are they using Corp or Internet mode? Do they receive the meeting request form or a plain text message wi...

Questions on format of Select statement
SELECT tblCalls.ColTime, tblCalls.colProblem, tblCalls.colResolution from tblCalls, in dbCallLogs WHERE tblCalls.colResolution from tblCalls, in dbCallLogs where tblCalls.ColTime >= #12/1/2006# <= #3/2/2007# ORDER BY tblCalls.ColTime DESC; I want to know if this is right? I notice in some queries the table name before the column name is missing? Also when do you have to put in the database name? Is it the same in Access as SQL Server? I want the most recent first. I want those records betweeb 12.1.06 and 3.01.07. thanks, On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:30:07 -0700, Janis <Janis...

Visual C++ question (I think)
can you have a 2-d array that is size of say: char A[50000][200]; -- ______________________ ~Beau AIM: MasterCephus beau DOT elliott AT gmail DOT com God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. "Cephus´┐Ż" <beau@highway.net> wrote in message news:2ub4f1F27v3s3U1@uni-berlin.de... > can you have a 2-d array that is size of say: > > char A[50000][200]; > That's only 10 megabytes (well, not quite, it's 10 million bytes). Assuming that you're runnin...

Question for the real experts!
What does Excel do AFTER i calculated the sheet with (f9). (calculation is set to manual) I have the following problem: In cells F2-I5000 (and R2-U5000 AC2-AF5000 AO2-AR5000) are formulas reffering to cells in A2-E5000.(and m1-q5000 x1-ab5000 aj1-an5000) In if I clear cells A2-E5000 (and the other ranges) with a macro then before F9 it is really fast.(1 second) After F9 it's really slow(12 seconds) The marco is this: Cells(1, 1) = Now() Range("A2:e5000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("m1:q5000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("x1:ab5000").Se...

How do I extend or change the CRM Duration limit?
I have a client that has maintenance evolutions that take from 15-30 days. Each time we try to schedule an activity, CRM gives an error stating that the duration is not valid. It appears that CRM has a 10 day limit on duration. Does any one have a work around for this feature? Or is there a way to reset the duration limit to be higher? As far as I know, the 10 day limit is hard-coded into the CRM platform and there's no way of changing it. However, despite the message, you can still save the activity. Otherwise the only workaround is to split the activity into smaller ones of n...

Out of Office question #2
A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 environment). He wants this because sometimes his workers are away or forget to set the Out Of Office messages, and so overseas clients sometimes don't know why they are not getting a reply. Is that possible, to set one message for the entire company without doing it individually? Thanks for your thoughts. Jo Jo wrote: > A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users > before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 ...

simple install instructions for CRM 1.2 installatio on SBS 2003
Hello, I have undertaken several attempts to run Microsoft CRM with the standard intranet functionalitie of SBS 2003. SBS 2003 with SP 1 and SQL SP4 is running well. In spite of several instructions by chapter 15 or this newsgroup will it not working. First some IIS and DNS errors and after that a login error. Is There someone who has an easy, clear and complete instruction guide? In advance thanks for your response, Jaap Hi this address may help you http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm12/01_Intro.mspx Best Regards -- Göksal Ersen Çelebi Senior Softwar...

Fax Integration in CRM 4.0
Hello, CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition had Fax Integration with Windows Shared Fax Services. Is it available in any edition of CRM 4.0? I can't find a single word about it in any guide. Thank you in advance, Jevgenij ...

A question for Gord Dibben
Gord, how did you become an MVP in Excel? Thanks, O -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Oliver If you mean me personally, there are probably others with the same question. If you mean "how does a person become an MVP", read the information at this site. http://www.mvps.org/about/ Gord On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 05:53:00 GMT, "Oliver Ferns via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote: >Gord, >how did you become an MVP in Excel? > >Thanks, >O ...

Picklist CRM 4.0
I cannot add a new picklist entry for the industry code on account in CRM 4.0 without causing account 'add' or maintain to abort. ...

Dynamics CRM 4.0: Virtual PC Image (RC0 Release)-Last Modified 18/11/2007
https://mbs.microsoft.com/Cms/Templates/document/General.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={78370CDE-2EA2-439C-8A03-3C690992D044}&NRORIGINALURL=/partnersource/products/mscrm/newsevents/news/CRM4VPCImageRC0Release&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&wa=wsignin1.0 -- Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ ...

CRM features
I'm researching this topic and need some information on Microsoft CRM, what I want to know is what the features are. Someone please get back to me. Hi, See the features in my blog http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com/2005/10/whats-new-in-microsoft-crm-30.html I hope this will help, for more write a mail to me on mscrmexpert@gmail.com -- Microsoft CRM Expert - CRM & .Net All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com "xcourtx" wrote: > I'm researching this topic and need some information on Microsoft CRM, what I > want to know is what ...

CRM Mailbox moved from Exchange 2K3 to 2K7 to 2K3
In our orginal Exchange 2K7 deployment plan the CRM mail box was to stay on an Exchange 2K3 installation (where the eMail router resides) but some how the mailbox was moved to 2K7. Upon discovery the mailbox has been moved back to the correct 2K3 installation with the eMail router. However, monitoring the CRM_EMAIL box the size and total items has been stagnant, it has been at the same size and number of items since I started monitoring a few hours ago. I have cycled the eMail router service but am wondering if further action needs to be taken to get things flowing again. All respon...

Does anyone know how to cleanly log onto a workstation and uninstall CRM Sales for Outlook for all other computer users?
I am trying to clean up the old CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook installations on my desktops and when I log on as administrator and go to add - remove programs and select the Microsoft outlook Sales for CRM in add remove programs and try to uninstall it gives an error that I cannot uninstall an application not installed. I want to do this over the weekend and I don't know that user names and passwords for the actual desktop users. I have CRM 3.0 configured to automatically deploy from group policy but I think it needs for the old CRM junk to be removed first. Bill Walter crm 1.2 requi...

simple question
How can i delete a user from Microsoft CRM, we have de Demo License, now the 6 licenses are used, 2 user i dont need anymore, so i want to delete the from crm! I don't find anything! so please help! Hi Michael, deletion of users is not possible, the only thing you can do is deactivate the unneeded users. Nevertheless, if you don't assign a license and role to a user, this user is not able to do or view anything. I haven't tried anything unsupported like deletion of the user is the SystemUser table, but this may work if you make sure there is no reference to this user i...

migrating fogbugz data to crm
Has anybody done, or heard of, a migration of Fogbugz (5.0) data to MS CRM support queues (MSCRM 3)? Thanx, -Tony I have watched these groups since they were created all the way back in 2003 and have never heard mention of anyone wanting to migrate from fogbugz to crm. I am assuming you have done enough research to show that CRM can take over the functions you used fogbugz for. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Anthony J. Biacco" <thelittleprince@asteroid-b612.org> wrote in message news:1178640629.527632.29...

ComboBox/Page Down Question
Why is it when you open your combobox drop down list and click pagedown it nevers works unless you select the combox box drop down list the second time, I also have a control to open my cmbCharge1Y and that does the same...........Any Help Please........Bob Private Sub cmdCharge1Y_Click() Me.cmbCharge1Y.Requery Me.cmbCharge1Y.SetFocus Me.cmbCharge1Y.Dropdown End Sub On Aug 12, 7:22 pm, "Bob V" <rjva...@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > Why is it when you open your combobox drop down list and click pagedown it > nevers works unless you select the combox box drop down list the ...

CRM 1.2 and XP Service Pack 2
After installing XP Service Pack 2, and the associated hotfix. I still get a problem using the "Home" Navigation button at the bottom of the screen on the Web Client. I get "error on page" message. Any thoughts on this? Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1@comcast.net CRM 1.2 and XP Service Pack 2 - Hotfix 870365 Maybe be obvious, but still, sometimes we tend to forget (me first, <grin>) Did you ALSO install the SERVER SIDE hotfixes associated with the XP SP2, not just on the XP workstations? Serge On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:00:44 -0500, "Boolean1" <Bool...

Conditional Formatting Question
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that shows the top ten cell phone users for eac month, and I would like to apply some type of conditional formatting s it highlights all the duplicate names each with its own color. For example: John Smith = Fill Yellow Jack Johnson = Fill Green Does someone know a way I could do this? Thanks, Olimits -- olimits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- olimits7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39458 Do ...

CRM picklist
HI all, I am trying to add values i get from a webservice to a picklist but something is going wrong. see my code below: addressOptions = tmpCountries.split(','); //Contains 3 addressoption from the webservice var addresstypeCode = document.getElementById('address1_addresstypecode'); var oTempArray = new Array(addressOptions.length); var pickOptions = addresstypeCode.options; //addresstypeCode is the picklist which is empty at the start for(int i = 0; i < addressOptions.length; i++) { pickOptions.description = addressOptions[0]; oTempArray[i] = pickOptions...

Installing CRM 3.0 02-01-06
Hi all, i have been trying to install CRM 3.0 on a new SBS installation with SQL 2005 installed, and have the following problem: When installing it asks me to select the SQL server, but my actual server does not appear on the drop down list, but two workstaions do. The SQL server icon is in the sys tray, & is up and running. Any ideas?? just try typing the name of the server in, Andy. The enumeration of all the SQL servers doesn't always work. Dave "Andy King" <AndyKing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D38CD239-B705-4E2E-B91F-DC7579FCD2FF@mic...

Microsoft CRM Outlook Client enhancements available for download
I'm excited to deliver the news that the Microsoft CRM Outlook Client enhancements for the 1.2 feature pack are now posted for download and their KB's are available. Using these new enhancements you should see faster and more scalable sync performance and you'll be able to run your Outlook clients in a more secure environment with locked down desktops and without requirement that users have local admin privileges to run the application. You'll find all the details out on: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=133a85d0-e3e3-4356-908d-9fb6e4fa3501&Display...