Full Text Indexing and Permissions

I working on a CRM 3.0 deployment that is built on Sql Server 2000
and
Windows 2003 server.

I want to create a report that looks for the frequency that
individual
products are mentioned in emails and this requires Full Text Indexing
to be able to tune the search criteria.

Now, to my knowledge, in SQL Server 2000 you can only index tables
not
views and it is too far into the project to goto SQL 2005. Am I right
or is it possible in 2000?

For now, I've added Full Text Indexing to the ActivityPointerBase
table, including Description and Subject.

My problem now is how to give permission to the Reporting Service
without subverting Microsoft's permissions. I guess it wouldn't be
supported but if I allow the SqlReportingGroup to Select from
ActivityPointerBase will that permission be revoked by CRM when it
regenerates any views during a customization change?

Is there a better way to do this that's not too complicated? I'd
prefer to go through the FilteredView to avoiding dealing with DSC
stuff.

0
chrisw
4/13/2007 8:46:11 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Text Values
Hello, Can anybody help, I'm after making a spreadsheet in Excel to record times for individuals, for example if I typed in 'early shift' with the value of 10 hours, after 'noon shift' 8 hours as well as 'late' shift at 12 hours...etc, the total values would all show in a totals cell for that person. I would appreciate any help with the above. Love, Susan Hi Susan see your response in public.Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Susan wrote: > Hello, > > Can anybody help, I'm after making a spreadsheet in Excel to record > times ...

How do I change text to proper when text is already in upper?
I am working on a big Data base. The names were put in Excel, it is in all upper case. I need it in Proper. I tried to change it and I can't get it right. If anyone can help it would be great. Thanks Kate I need a step by step instructions "K" wrote: > .. The names were put in Excel, it is in all > upper case. I need it in Proper. > I tried to change it and I can't get it right. I'm not sure what you tried ? Anyway, we could try this on a spare copy Assuming names are in col A, in A2 down Put in say, B2: =TRIM(PROPER(A2)) Copy B2 down If the results are o...

text / formula help #2
cannot get the following equation to work, is it wrong? only way to get to switch TRUE to FALSE, is to flip > to <; Changing the days in A4 having no effect. =IF(TODAY()>DATE(MID(C4,2,2),MID(C4,4,2),MID(C4,6,2)-$A$4),"yes","no") details: am trying to find a number within text, to do a calculation on it. Item is as: :060120 at the left of a cell, with text following. (need to treat as a date in another cell: to See if within future range of x days) A4 has: 5 B4 has: =TODAY() C4 has: :060122 D4 has: =DATE(MID(C4,2,2),MID(C4,4,2),MID(C4,6,2)-$A$...

Setting permissions in an Exchange 2003 FE/BE configuration?
What permissions settings do I need to change, when using an Exchange 2003 FE/BE topology, to allow my users to simply enter their username/password rather than having to enter their domainname\username and then password I know this is doable, but after applying SP1 to my Exchange Server topology, these permissions got reset for some reason Thanks Rob G. ...

Color Index
Where does one find the colour indexes for use in Macro Scripts? Thank You Try: Sub ColorList() 'By Shailesh Shah Dim colsht As Worksheet Dim xlcol As Integer Dim ri As Integer Dim ci As Integer ri = 1 ci = 1 Set colsht = Worksheets.Add With colsht On Error Resume Next .Name = "Col.Index List" For xlcol = 1 To 56 With .Cells(ri, ci) .Interior.ColorIndex = xlcol .Value = xlcol .Font.ColorIndex = 2 End With ci = ci + 1 If ci > 7 Then ci = 1 ri = ri + 1 End If Next xlcol .Cells(1, ...

interlinear or parallel text
I need to prepare a document in two languages, where the text would go in alternate lines. From the googling I have done, it could be called parallel corpora, or interlinear or parallel text. There seems to be a lot of research on translation software that would do it: http://research.microsoft.com/apps/pubs/default.aspx?id=75238 http://tcc.itc.it/people/forner/multilingualcorpora.html However, my case is much simpler (I think). I'll try to keep it short: I have a leaflet in English but I need to add Polish text directly below English for the people who don't speak Engl...

layering logo can't remove white box only lines and text wanted
when trying to place my logo ontop of a background I can't get rid of white box it is in... Only want black lines and text in logo to show with back ground showing through all white areas. Tried following transparent setting info. ... didn't work. Is the logo a bitmap, i.e., .jpg, .tif, bmp, .gif? If it is a .wmf, ungroup it and delete the white box or select no fill. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sschmitz" <sschmitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4E6DA9E-117D-4226-9D0...

crm 4 onload event
I just upgraded a client to crm 4.0. Certain users are now getting an error when opening an Account record. The error is a permission denied error relating to the onload event. One of the users receiving this error has the system administor role. I am able to open these records on the server without any error. Any thoughts on this? Thanks, -Rick M. Hi Rick, In your onload event of your account record. Do you have any JavaScript calling the crm service? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 28, 11:19=A0am, Rick M <Ri...@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Getting & Using Sheet Names or Index in VBA code
How do you get each Sheet Name in a Workbook so you can use it in code? I know that each Sheet, regardless of Name has an Index of 1 through n beginning with the leftmost Sheet but I don't know how to use that information. I have one reference book, Excel 2003 VBA, that says there is a Worksheet Property 'Name' that returns a String and in the Description of that Property it says 'Set/Get the name of the worksheet'. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me how to use that in code. I don't really care whether I use the name of each Sheet or the Index but if you c...

Converting a field from Yes/No to Text Box not changing in a form
Hi I am in the process of creating a form in which I realized that I had set up a field in a table to be Yes/No (1 or 0). I realized that I actually need it to read "Yes" or "No" just I converted it to a text field. But when I check my form, it doesn't reflect my change. In other words, the fields are blank whereas I wanted to see either a "Yes" or a "No". How do I fix this problem without recreating the form? Thanks in advance. Are you certain that the text box is bound to the field in the table? -- Doug Steele, Microso...

axis wrap text
Hi! When I create bar chart with relatively long lables for categories on Y (left) axis the program by default puts the label in one line. This means that sometimes half of my screen is occupied by labels (i.e. "exchange of cell phone ringtones") and the other half are the actual bars. This gets pretty annoying when I have only few categories and the labels could easily be written in 3 or even four lines. Do you have any ideas hor to force the program to write labels in "wrap text" mode? Kind regards, Sunshine P.S. Another thing that's bothering me is the de...

format text in x axis
I have category text in the x-axis that consists of information from two columns. When I format the text (rotate) only one of the two items is rotated, the other is unchanged. How can I make both rotate to the position I want? Thanks, ...

Save word doc as non-editable and place watermark over the text
Hi, 1) I'm wondering if I can save a word document as non-editable? I want to prevent others from copying my text. 2) Is it possible to place a watermark over the text? It is impossible to prevent anyone you allow to view your text from copying it. You can merely make it more difficult. Yes you can add watermarks to your document. A watermark is simply a graphical image placed behind the text. For it to be of any use, you need to save the word document as a graphical image, or series of images (SnagIt will do that) then save the resulting graphic(s) as a PDF. It will no...

workbook indexing
I want to create first sheet of workbook as index sheet that contains all sheet names of that workbook.How? What are you doing, writing a book <grin> See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm or something shorter in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc2.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

vertical text across multiple cells
How can I type vertical text across multiple cells. I need to type text from C2: downward across several cells depending on the length of the word. If I try it it wants to enlarge the size of C2: to accommodate the text. Highlight the cells across which the text should span. Then on the menu bar: Format > Cells, click the Alignment tab. Select the 'merge cells' checkbox and, if you want, use the dial to orient the text. "BThrasher" wrote: > How can I type vertical text across multiple cells. I need to type text from > C2: downward across several cells depe...

Vertical text in label
How do I enter vertical text in an label in Access? I would like the text to be read vertically instead of horizonally. S h i instead of Ship p Thanks See what Stephan Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/verticaljustification.htm -- Good Luck BS"D "newbie35" wrote: > How do I enter vertical text in an label in Access? I would like the text to > be read vertically instead of horizonally. > S > h > i instead of Ship > p > > Thanks ...

Concatetating text fields in Access 2007
I've switched from Access 2003 to Access 2007. I have fields called CompanyName, Address, and Phone that I would like to have in seperate lines in a single textbox and display them on a report. I used the following vb code in Access 2003. Private Function strFullAddress() As String strFullAddress = CompanyName & vbNewline & Address and vbNewLine & Phone End Function The control source for the textbox is set to =strFullAddress() In Access 2003, everything worked fine. In Access 2007, I get a error message. I've tried every way I can think of to make this thing work, bu...

Everone has Read permissions on Mailboxs
I have a client, Exchange Server 2000 SP3 patches etc, running on a WIN2K server (DC). I've taken over the support from the previous supplier, so did not setup or configure either WIN2K or Exchange. Customer found one employee was reading everyones email. Had a look at their workatation and they could open other users Inboxes. Checked Exchange Server and in the mailbox rights for each of the users, the everyone group has read permissions. It's greayed out and I can't remove it. I've tried a deny permission on the same group, no affect. If anyone has a solution or can po...

Exchange Database Full
Hi... I have a new server Exchange 2003 completely installed at 3 days. During the night I left to make the import of one mailbox with 300MB, in the morning when I was to see the procedure the Database was disassembled because it had fond of the 16GB limit. It happened this problem to you? What it will be able to have occurred? Cumps On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:02:02 -0800, SeAPeC <SeAPeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi... I have a new server Exchange 2003 completely installed at 3 days. > During the night I left to make the import of one mailbox with 300MB, in &g...

Outlook 2k: Plain Text
Hi, I am running O2k on W2k sp4. I thought "Plain Text" was Plain Text, but I get messages in, say, "(Plain Text) - Central European (Windows)" and/or other "European" designation and the font and/or size is different from my (default specified) "Plain Text". What are these "European" designations? Can I convert them to ordinary plain text? If so, how? My little ("edit") routine for converting html doesn't work. Thanks, Puddin' "Blues starts to rolling ... stops at my front do'. I'm gonna change my way...

Possible to add text from a Cell?
I know I can choose a text box to add fixed text in a chart but is there a way to add text from a cell that can vary directly from the workbook (e.g. from cell A1)? Insert your text box, select it, and then in the formula bar type your cell address e.g. =Sheet1!A1 You can concatenate your own text to it as well such as ="Total: "&A1 -- Thanks, Christopher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "don.north@gmail.com" wrote: > I know I can choose a text box to add fixed text in a chart but is > there a way to a...

sort text numbers as number
I have a list like this 1-apple 2-orange .... 11-pears 12-grapes.. Now when I sort it, it will sort number 2 after number 12 because it takes it as text, how can I have Excel sort it by the numeric value of the begining of the filed? -- Jacob Fleischman Federal plastics ltee 514-342-5411 jacob@fedplast.com Jacob, You can make a helper column, and sort on that column. =LEFT(A2,SEARCH("-",A2)-1) This should yield the number part at the beginning of the cell - it looks for a hyphen. It will fail if it doesn't find a hyphen; the formula can be expanded to behave more nicely i...

hovering cursor over footnote number in text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I used to be able to hover the cursor over a foot/end note number in the document, and a mini window would show me the note text. All of a sudden, my cursor no longer works this way. I don't think I changed any settings, but can anyone tell me how I might fix this? <br><br>Thanks! Check another document: is that the same? You may have converted that footnote to hard text at some point, in which case there is no note text to show. Sorry: I can't think of anything else... On 11/03/10 5:32 AM, in article...

Dates and "Text-to-Columns"
I have a database in which I am attempting to split a column of dates into three columns. The column looks like this: Closed_date 2/3/1997 1/14/1997 1/10/1997 3/19/1997 I selected the column, clicked Data/Text to Columns, and using the Wizard, specified that the text was delimited by forward slashes. I selected {none} for text qualifier, clicked Date as the "Column Data Format." The data preview window appeared to show exactly what I wanted--the month, day and date parsed into three columns. But when I clicked the Finish button, this is what ...

text attachments duplicat message body with all new emails
All of a sudden (since yesterday) every email I receive has a .txt attachment which contains a duplicate copy of the text in the main body of the email. I haven't changed any settings. Any ideas why or, more importantly, how to stop it? TIA ...