Formatting Section Layout Column Format -- options disabled

Hi, my question is related to formatting the Main Form for an entity. I
want certain sections to have the three column format.  However, when I
click on Section Properties, it shows all options for choosing the
Column Formats as disabled. The 2-column format, with the Variable
Field Width, is the default and the only option I seem to be able to
use right now.  Why is the Formatting --both layout and column format
-- showing up as disabled and how do I activate it?  Thanks.

0
Smita
3/4/2006 12:36:43 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Never mind! I found this in the CRM Help section...

"The selected section layout cannot be changed after you create a
section. If you decide to try a different formatting option, remove the
fields from the incorrectly formatted section so that they will be
available to add to the correctly formatted section."

0
Smita

Exchange rich-text format
What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual user settings"? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server >to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual >user settings"? Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in p...

newsletter formatting
I have designed a newsletter in Publisher that I e-mail as a message. The format is saves as HTML. The original recipient can view the newsletter fine, however, when the newsletter is forwarded the formatting gets rearranged. How can I keep the original newsletter the same for orignal recipients as when it gets forwarded? Thanks, Fredrik Fredrik A <Fredrik A@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How can I keep the original newsletter the same for orignal > recipients as when it gets forwarded? Convert to PDF using an application such as PrimoPDF (www...

Copy and Paste not saving format changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I just bought Microsoft Office for Mac early this month and am still getting used to it. Can someone help me with this: I have several documents typed onto a notebook layout with lots of bullet points, color changes, cross outs and the like. I wanted to copy and past all of that into a new document but when I did ALL of the formatting changes were lost. There were no bullet points, so the text flushed left, yada, yada, yada. I looked around the toolbar to try and find a setting that would allow me to do the cut an...

Choosing Report Format-Need advice
I asked this similar question a few days ago but received no response. Is there a way to change the properties when you’re using an AutoFormat for a report? I tried unsuccessfully to change the height of my alternating background when I used an AutoFormat (I’m using Access 2007). Is this the “rule”? I’m about to create several end-of-the-month reports that I plan to pull each month and thought I’d ask before I started. I’m also welcome to any suggestions about AutoFormat vs. designing your own report. Thank you for your input. AccessKay wrote: >I asked this simila...

How to use MSExcel to plot Column A against Col B?
I want to plot col A (x axis) against col B ( y axis). I cant seem to do it. Can anyone here please give me step by step primer. Thanks in advance. All I get is the graph of (1,2,............n) (x axis) against the n values of either col A or B. i.e 2 graphs instead of one. (In the old Lotus this was so simple: select the column for the X axis and then select the col for the Y and press enter, and you'd get the chart) Why is it so diff in Excel? Select the entire range you want to graph such as a2:b44>insert>chart>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@au...

disable unhide sheets on toolbar
Hello is there a way to dis-able the unhide sheets toolbar? TIA, Ditchy Hi Ditchy Protect the workbook (Tools > Protection menu) to prevent hiding, unhiding and renaming of sheets. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ditchy" <ditchy@ncable.net.au> skrev i melding news:1115110468.548181.247220@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello > is there a way to dis-able the unhide sheets toolbar? > TIA, Ditchy > If you want to take out that control then use Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Format").Controls("Sheet").Co...

If statement with formatted text
Hi, Is there any way to have an if formula such as: If (A1="Active", "KAE",KPE") where the two letters after the K are formatted as subscript? The best I've done is to paste a picture over the cell. The picture's formula refers to named formula that selects one of two cells, the one with correct string. One cell contains KAE and the other KPE with the subscript. However, it means that I'm using a picture and it would be much nicer if I could just do it in an If formula. I hope that makes some kind of sense, and thanks in advance for your help. D...

Formatting cells from internet
I have copied and pasted a chart from a website. (The website will not let me import) The cells are showing numbered values, but when i go to put the formula in it is giving me a zero like it cannot read the numbers in the cell. That is on 3 seperate columns. On the very last column it is reading the numbers I cannot make it recognize that those columns are numbers to be used in formulas Thanks for your help! Use Dave McRitchie's Trimall macro to clean up the data. Then copy an empty cell, select all your data and do Edit / PasteSpecial / Add and it will coerce all data back to nu...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

Conditial Formatting Not Available
After trying to use conditional formatting (which didn't work btw) now the Conditional Formatting button in the ribbon isn't available or disabled. I tried Compact and Repair but it didn't work. Any ideas? James Duh. I was selecting a label instead of the field. "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message news:uJhfSCSKIHA.1324@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After trying to use conditional formatting (which didn't work btw) now > the Conditional Formatting button in the ribbon isn't available or > disabled. > I tried Compact and Repair b...

Export query to Excel with formated heading
When export from query to Excel, I'd like to turn some columns into heading row on top of Excel sheets how to turn this: LastName FirstName SID Section Instructor Doe John 1234 0545 Su Doe Jane 2345 0545 Su into this? Class Roster Instructor: Su Section: 0545 LastName FirstName SID Doe John 1234 Doe Jane 2345 I think one way of achieving this would be to create a report in Access where you would group under instructor with the students in the detail section. From the report you can then use the analyze with Ex...

Disabling password feature on Personal Folders
I've upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and set up the user's Outlook profile. I go to add his Personal Folders and browse to his saved .pst file and the system asks us for an outlook password. I enter his Outlook password and I get the message that it is incorrect. The problem is the user says he never password protected his .pst file. So how do I - or can I - remove the password protection so that I am able to add his Personal Folders? Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

Layout Guides #3
I have a document I produce for a local Art Show every year in Publisher 2000. This year someone else will be doing this project and they are using Publisher 2003. When I view the document in my version, Publisher 2000, there are two layout guides colored blue and pink. When we view the same document in Publisher 2003 only the blue guide is visible. I also note that with snap to guides turned on in Publisher 2000 an object will snap to either of the pink or blue guides. But in Publisher 2003 an object will snap only to the blue guide so, it appears that the pink guide is not only ...

Can see form in design view but not in open or layout view
I have set up the tables, relationships and forms. When I first created the form I was able to view when clicking open. I made a couple of changes and now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value. Also, I can no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I can see my form and all the tabs. There is either something missing or somthing is named incorrectly. Had a similar problem recently where a new version was installed in the front end, but the table in the back end had not been updated properly (a new field) and the new version of the...

Is it possible to add a "View" button under the purchase order section?
Would be nice to have the abilty to allow someone to be able to view the purchase order as opposed to the given "new, delete, edit, or receive" buttons. This way someone who needed the information and did not have the appropriate security would not be able to delete or change the PO. I tried to CTL S the new, delete, edit and receive buttons, but that basically locks them out completely. Is this something that may be possible? You can make excel pivot table so any employee can view that worksheet from their terminal. This way you can define the fields you want to show as well ...

How to enter Employer Stock Grants (not Options)
What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the following: Employer Stock Grants which vest annually in 3 years Thanks in advance flmiami In microsoft.public.money, FL wrote: >What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the following: > > Employer Stock Grants which vest annually in 3 years If there are no dividends, you can enter it as an employee option with 0 strike price. "FL" <flmiami@nospam.com> wrote in message news:31Duf.92970$k76.64496@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the foll...

Restrictions in format
How do I restrict some columns of having all text in UPPER CASE, some columns to have text only First In Capital Letter and some columns only in lower case?? Thanks JPG You can restrict using Data Validation but I would find that very annoying. Example............in DV>Allow>Custom =EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1)) will not allow anything but Uppercase. I would use event code to automatically change Case when anything is entered. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False With Target ...

initial default column width
Is there a way to configure Excel 2000 so that when I create a new Workbook or add a new Worksheet so that all the columns have a particular width instead of the default 64 pixels? TIA Create the workbook exactly the way you want it, then save it as a template with the name "Book.xlt" (no quotes) in you XLStart directory. It'll be then used as the template for new workbooks. Likewise, save a one-sheet workbook as a template, named "Sheet.xlt" for the template for Insert/Worksheet. In article <419E181F.6251D20D@nospam.net>, Bruceh <bruce@nospam.net&...

reconnect to mailbox after Disabling user?
Hello, I was wondering if there is a easier way then to recycle the Exchange Services to renable a mailbox after a users mailbox has been disabled for x amount of time. I want to give access to this mailbox to another user so right now.. I simply go to Mailbox Rights -> (add the user I want to add) -> give allow rights to Read / Full but this requires a recycle of the services. Is there another way without recycling the services? G. On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:08:36 -0400, "Just Another Admin" <just@dmin.net> wrote: >Hello, > >I was wondering if there ...

Windows and Mac have two distinctly different units for column width.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to format columns for some data I am entering in a spreadsheet and when I enter &quot;15.00&quot;, which is the required width for these columns given by my professor, I end up with a column 15 inches wide. What I would prefer is for the options to be like the default options in Windows version of Excel. In Windows version of Excel, when you hover over the lines between the columns it gives you two numbers (e.g. 8.43 (64 pixels)). These are the default numbers for column width in Windows Excel....

How to assign unique number to column duplicates?
Hi All, I need to assign a unique number to a set of duplicates all in one column in Excel 2007. so columnA will has about 9000 numbers, some of them unique, and others are duplicates of 2-4 approx. I used to conditional formatting to show which are duplicates, but need to be able to assign a unique number to each set duplicates, that will be in sequential order... e.g. ColumnA ColumnB(unique ID) 01233 0001 01233 0001 01234 - 01255 0002 01255 0002 etc.... Any ideas please? I don't know how to do programming, just form...

Conditional Format #14
That's what I was messing up! It was the ordering, not the formula! Thank you. Now if I have my =AND(E2="Y") for one and no formatting and my second =C2<TODAY() Red bold format, I should be able to mak rule 3 =C2<TODAY()-2 format Yellow bold and have anything 2 days clos to due yellow, YES -- Jimmytec ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jimmytech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1447 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26087 RE: =AND(E2="Y") You o...

Add range options to Rec Dist report
Add additonal range options to the Receivings Distribution report - only by Audit Trail is allowed ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b0268d6b-4b6a-4805-9b52-e...

recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane
Hi, In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane? -- Thanks, Jeffrey On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open > section of the Task Pane? > This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take effect. -- Regard...