Formatting email when promoting to CRM

When I promote an email from Outllok to CRM, it seems to loose all the
formatting of the original email. All the email's content remains as text
only.

Is there a way to promote email from Outlook preserving its original
formatting?

Thanx in anticipation
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Traversing a crm tree
Hey there Just a quick question regarding traversing a tree to find out a parent parent attribute from a child child :) Ive got a custom entity of employees, which has a parental relationship to a "Group". This Group has a parental relationship to "Company". I was wondering if there was a way to display on the Employee entity, the company it bleongs to. It requires going up two levels, and referencing the companyid from the group that the employee belongs to. Coming from a database background I am sure this should be easier than Im finding it. Thanks a lot in adva...

Why do email addresses reappear after I've deleted from bufer?
I delete names from the buffer by arrowing down and hitting delete. They disaapear for the session, but when I start up my computer again they all reappear. I recieve many one-time e-mails that I respond to. Those names remain and the buffer fills. I cnnot permanently delete them "TV Woman" <TV Woman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C162DFEB-DAB3-4E2F-90A8-0E09D1690C77@microsoft.com... >I delete names from the buffer by arrowing down and hitting delete. They > disaapear for the session, but when I start up my computer again they all >...

Chart
Hi Everyone, In order to change conditionally the colours of my data series in a Chart (based on the colour set in a range named "pallet"), I used the following code. The thing is that I need to work in a Clustered Column chart and that the colour conditionality should be based on the Category label, not on the Serie. Example : Category Serie Flowers 5% Clothes 2% Food 15% etc. I would like to select the colour according to the name of the category (ie Flowers = yellow, Clothes = blue, etc). Actually, the routine uses the serie values, as shown in...

I cannot open hyperlink in email
When I click or CTRL-click on a hyperlink/website in an email message I receive an error message stating that restrictions on this computer prevent the link from being opened. I'm using MS OUTLOOK 2007 and IE 7. All are up-to-date. Bob Bob See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Bob Y" <Bob Y@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17998B5E-589C-4D78-B286-FEC0...

worry about out going emails getting through
I get 80 % of my work through my website and through corresponding with email. People email me regarding my work and pricing and I reply.. Now I know many many folks will get my reply and not write back.. that's just the way we are. I try to do follow up in about a week to see if they received my response.. and as I write this I realize I should be religious about follow up. I never liked the return receipt option.. Are there any tests to see how effective our out going emails are ? Of course I realize if problems exist it's most likely on the other end filtering too many emails.. Ju...

Conditional Formatting Question 12-12-07
Can you have more than 3 conditional via code and 3 conditions using CF? If not then how many conditions can I have in all in a form/subform? I have check forums and answers and can't find something that will help. I need to be able to add one more condition via code. I just want to be able to on checking checkbox make my other textboxes backcolor green. I need to see a sample please. If not how can I write an If expression in CF. For example "IF[field1] is null and [field2] is null and if [field3] is null then "condition". Can someone provide a sample? Thank ...

installing CRM 07-24-07
Hi everyBody I got a trial copy of CRM 3.0 and I cannot able to install it. Can i create a server and client version on the same computer. I got SQL Server 2005 and Do I need to install Outlook as well. Any Help greatly appreciable. Thanks in Advance -- Jaber Hi Jaber, First of all, Thank you for your interest in deploying CRM 3.0 Could you specifically elaborate more in what error do you encounter while installing CRM 3.0 ? For your reference, please read carefully the CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide which can be downloaded here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID...

Email delivery delay on single server
We are having problems with users not receiving emails in a timely fashion. The scenario is this, all users are local users on the Exchange server: User1 sends an email to User2 and User3. User3 gets the email right away, several minutes will pass before User2 receives the email. Sometimes this can be up to several hours before a User will get the email. The problem is not isolated to one User being the one that has the delay. ...

duplicate email messages
Is anyone aware of any settings in Outlook Express V6 that cause messages received and sent to be duplicated? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgrou...

Outlook 2007 trying to send an email that does not exist
Hi Outlook is stuck trying to send a message (1 of 1) that does not exist in my Outbox. I have tried using OutlookSpy to delete any read receipts but there are none. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook with no luck. I have tried to create a new PST, set it as default and delete the Outbox in the original PST but the delete option was ghosted. This is becoming very frustrating as although I am able to send other mails they take a very long time to go. Any help would be much appreciated. Does the problem go away when you set the new pst as default? -- Dia...

What about obsolete MakePrivate method functionality in CRM 3.0?
Previous version of CRM (1.2) supported methods MakePrivate and MakePublic for CRM objects. That way, it was possible to hide objects from other users and share them with particular ones. I see that CRM 3.0 does not support these methods any more. Is there a new way to pertain same functionality in CRM 3.0? Any other methods with same functionality? ...

Modify Cheque Date format
Hi, I am trying to modify the cheque date. I need to remove the dash from my cheque format and I was hoping someone might have some insight. Thanks! Not sure which date format you are starting with, but if using Report Writer try double clicking the DocumentDate field and choose a different format - or create a new format. Online help has details. ...

Reply and Forward emails get hung up
If I reply or forward an email, it gets hung up in my outbox. I have NO problem sending a NEW email. Help! ...

outlook 2007 enhance email tracking
it's very common to get into email conversations.. where an original email is sent.. then several people reply.. and you have about 30 emails on one topic.. the situation gets more complex.. when the thread breaks off.. into another thread (or someone changes the title or removes others.. outlook 2007 can find related email threads .. but I'd like to see the ability to be smart enought to delete the older threads or show a graphic link of messages.. so only the latest email in a thread is replied to. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

Receive immediate NDR when sending email from OL2002
Updated W2K Pro via the update site. Upgraded to IE6. After reboot, am unable to send email. Recive an immediate NDR. The NDR gives no error message. The event viewer also has no errors. Am able to PING the POP3 sever and the SMTP server. When in services and we test the email account, all goes well until it tries to send mail. That is the only failure. The error states to check the email address field. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dale Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPMLog.log file (prefera...

Error in Installation of MS CRM
Hi i am new to MSCRM, I was trying to install MSCRM, while i installing i got an error which is "Activating Sql Server Reporting Service Failed. Specified Reporting Services Report Server http://SCHN30MSCRM04/Report Server was not found, please give me a solution to install CRM, Thank you Is Reporting Service installed? if it is, is it up and running correctly, can you access http://servername/reportserver or http://servername/reports ? Good point S.R. and make sure the reports page can be accessed both on and off the server. "S.R." wrote: > Is ...

Line spacing an email in Outlook 2007
Hi, I have read a lot of the posted discussions regarding line spacing in an email, however, I'd like to get confrimation on this, if possible. When one of our users creates a new email message in Outlook 2007, (Vista operating system) the line spacing seems to be 1.5. We have already checked the normal templates for Word, as well as Outlook, to make sure spacing is set to single; and have also verified that the Normal style in his message is set to single. From what I've been reading, it seems the only solution is to use "Exactly" a specified point size to correct t...

what is the format of Journal Data in Journal Table?
I was wondering whether i can retrieve the data from Journal Table in VB application to view the printed documents. What is the format of this field and what is the suitable application should be used to view this journal content? Thx! NJ, I am trying to do same - as far as I can work out the data is a compressed (zip) version of the (partial) xml receipt. I have been able to extract the uncompressed receipt with the data but now I am trying to figure out how to display it - I am thinking that the XML parser has not been exposed in QS rules and that I have to build my own parser and displa...

stop my email from resending
why is that sometimes when i go to send on an email with attachment that i received from someone else, it sits in my outbox and is actually re-sending itself to the same people over and over. i have to actaully go into my outbox and delete it but there is nothing in the sent folder to show it got sent at all. please help as it isnt good when this happens as friends receive it 20 or so times... Is this a relatively large attachment? Is your send/receive set to less than 10 minutes? Do you have AV actively scanning your incoming/outgoing mail? This could be an issue when you combi...

Time Format #8
When I type 1315 I'd like for it to show as 13:15. What is the solution? Hi not possible with VBA. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany CB wrote: > When I type 1315 I'd like for it to show as > 13:15. What is the solution? Check out this web page of Chip Pearson's: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------...

Send an email
I'm actualy using Visual Basic for Applications in Access 2000 Windows XP [Tried the access group and only got the reply (buy) and use our smtp server] [I am used to including and using some Windows API calls] I would like to send and email messages directly from vb code without first installing a third party smtp server. I use OutlookExpress for normal emails BUT my users may not! I simply want to bypass any installed general mail application installed and not effect it any way. ?? pointers ?? ?? example soluntions ?? -- Jim Bunton This is a multi-part mes...

can't send emails 06-05-10
The connection to the server has failed. Subject '10 Golden Pine - amendment to change closing date', Account: 'EMC', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E That server can't handle port 465. Try changing the incoming port to = 110. If no improvement, change to the AT&T/Yahoo settings given here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=3DKB401738 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Patsy" wrote in message = news:77E030CE-B95C-4D4C-BDA6-76EFA0...

Conditional formating 02-26-10
I would like to fill different color based on the value of letter and number in a cell. For example if I type in letter S and any number after letter S I want to have different color. If I type in letters OP and any number after OP I want to see different color. I have more than three conditions to place. I am using Excel 2003. This cannot be done with CF. You would need VBA. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:54:01 -0800, Kimti <Kimti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to fill different color based on the value of letter and number...

Can't access published CRM
Hi - since this morning - CRM users (outlook light client 2007) have been receiving messages informing them that cookies need to be enabled on their browsers. Since receiving this message, they have not been able to login through our published CRM website. Basically they get to the login page, when they click the login button (to bring up the login window), the page hangs for a while and eventually comes up with the message below -- Has anyone seen this or knows of a solution? Many thanks Victor Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes: You are not conne...

Tracking activities/appointments (made in CRM) in Outlook
I've created an appointment within CRM3, Is it possible to receive an email-notification of this in Outlook? Second I'd love to know if it's possible to see my appointment back in Outlook --> Calendar (the given date in CRM doesn't show anything in Calendar) Do I have to push buttons to synchronize something or create a workflow? replies most welcome. you can write a workflow to send email when appointment is created. the crm outlook client should give you the integration with your calendar. "CRM Student" wrote: > I've created an appointment withi...