Formating description text in email class

I have created an email activity workflow assembly and I am having trouble
getting new line characters to work within the body of the email.  For
example:

email em = new email();
em.description = "This should be the first line.\nThis should be the second
line.";

Using the code above, I would expect the the body of the email to be:
This should be the first line.
This should be the second line.

Instead, the text runs together with just a space like this:
This should be the first line. This should be the second line.

I have tried other escape characters, but I have not found a combination
that works.

Any ideas?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Have you tried <br/>. Crm e-mails are sent as Html

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
Lead Developer

"Tim VonDerHaar" wrote:

> I have created an email activity workflow assembly and I am having trouble
> getting new line characters to work within the body of the email.  For
> example:
>
> email em = new email();
> em.description = "This should be the first line.\nThis should be the second
> line.";
>
> Using the code above, I would expect the the body of the email to be:
> This should be the first line.
> This should be the second line.
>
> Instead, the text runs together with just a space like this:
> This should be the first line. This should be the second line.
>
> I have tried other escape characters, but I have not found a combination
> that works.
>
> Any ideas?
Hi Patrick,

That did the trick!  If forgot about that from back in the CRM1.2 days.
Thanks very much.

Tim

"Patrick" wrote:

> Have you tried <br/>. Crm e-mails are sent as Html
>

> --
> Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
> Lead Developer
> Aviva IT
> Web: http://www.aviva-it.nl
>

> "Tim VonDerHaar" wrote:
>
> > I have created an email activity workflow assembly and I am having trouble
> > getting new line characters to work within the body of the email.  For
> > example:
> >
> > email em = new email();
> > em.description = "This should be the first line.\nThis should be the second
> > line.";
> >
> > Using the code above, I would expect the the body of the email to be:
> > This should be the first line.
> > This should be the second line.
> >
> > Instead, the text runs together with just a space like this:
> > This should be the first line. This should be the second line.
> >
> > I have tried other escape characters, but I have not found a combination
> > that works.
> >
> > Any ideas?
While this works in emails, how could I accomplish inserting a space into a
CRM text field?

So my workflow will map 3-4 fields to a text field but I would like a space
between the values.
insert value 1 (no problem)
need to insert a space
insert value 2
need to insert space
insert value 3

I have not found any code that does not just insert as text.  Any ideas?

"Tim VonDerHaar" wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> That did the trick!  If forgot about that from back in the CRM1.2 days.
> Thanks very much.
>
> Tim
>
> "Patrick" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried <br/>. Crm e-mails are sent as Html
> >

> > --
> > Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
> > Lead Developer
> > Aviva IT
> > Web: http://www.aviva-it.nl
> >

> > "Tim VonDerHaar" wrote:
> >
> > > I have created an email activity workflow assembly and I am having trouble
> > > getting new line characters to work within the body of the email.  For
> > > example:
> > >
> > > email em = new email();
> > > em.description = "This should be the first line.\nThis should be the second
> > > line.";
> > >
> > > Using the code above, I would expect the the body of the email to be:
> > > This should be the first line.
> > > This should be the second line.
> > >
> > > Instead, the text runs together with just a space like this:
> > > This should be the first line. This should be the second line.
> > >
> > > I have tried other escape characters, but I have not found a combination
> > > that works.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
Denzel,

Try using the HTML tag for space %20 .

--
Jeff Loucks [MVP]
Available Technology

"Denzel" <Denzel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While this works in emails, how could I accomplish inserting a space into
> CRM text field?
>
> So my workflow will map 3-4 fields to a text field but I would like a
> space
> between the values.
> insert value 1 (no problem)
> need to insert a space
> insert value 2
> need to insert space
> insert value 3
>
> I have not found any code that does not just insert as text.  Any ideas?
>
> "Tim VonDerHaar" wrote:
>
>> Hi Patrick,
>>
>> That did the trick!  If forgot about that from back in the CRM1.2 days.
>> Thanks very much.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "Patrick" wrote:
>>
>> > Have you tried <br/>. Crm e-mails are sent as Html
>> >

>> > --
>> > Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
>> > Lead Developer
>> > Aviva IT
>> > Web: http://www.aviva-it.nl

0
Jeff
6/27/2007 9:05:45 AM
Denzel,

Sorry about previous post that is URL stuff. You need &nbsp;

--
Jeff Loucks [MVP]
Available Technology
888-474-2237
Come see our CRM presentations at TechEd and SMB Nation
on integrating other Microsoft Technologies
(Project, Mappoint, Sharepoint, Dynamics)

"Denzel" <Denzel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While this works in emails, how could I accomplish inserting a space into
> CRM text field?
>
> So my workflow will map 3-4 fields to a text field but I would like a
> space
> between the values.
> insert value 1 (no problem)
> need to insert a space
> insert value 2
> need to insert space
> insert value 3
>
> I have not found any code that does not just insert as text.  Any ideas?
>
> "Tim VonDerHaar" wrote:
>
>> Hi Patrick,
>>
>> That did the trick!  If forgot about that from back in the CRM1.2 days.
>> Thanks very much.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "Patrick" wrote:
>>
>> > Have you tried <br/>. Crm e-mails are sent as Html
>> >

>> > --
>> > Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
>> > Lead Developer
>> > Aviva IT
>> > Web: http://www.aviva-it.nl

0
Jeff
6/27/2007 9:07:57 AM
Jeff,
I tried both of those and neither worked.  I will try them again, I have
tried to submit a blank space as the text to insert, and that failed.  The
only thing so far that has come close is to use a "_" but that will look
funny and screw with searches for users.

With " " it simply inserts the characters as text.

Denzel

"Jeff L [MVP]" wrote:

> Denzel,
>
> Sorry about previous post that is URL stuff. You need
>
> --
> Jeff Loucks [MVP]
> Available Technology
> 888-474-2237
> Come see our CRM presentations at TechEd and SMB Nation
> on integrating other Microsoft Technologies
> (Project, Mappoint, Sharepoint, Dynamics)
>
> "Denzel" <Denzel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > While this works in emails, how could I accomplish inserting a space into
> > CRM text field?
> >
> > So my workflow will map 3-4 fields to a text field but I would like a
> > space
> > between the values.
> > insert value 1 (no problem)
> > need to insert a space
> > insert value 2
> > need to insert space
> > insert value 3
> >
> > I have not found any code that does not just insert as text.  Any ideas?
> >
> > "Tim VonDerHaar" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Patrick,
> >>
> >> That did the trick!  If forgot about that from back in the CRM1.2 days.
> >> Thanks very much.
> >>
> >> Tim

Conditional Formatting Help
I would like to apply conditional formatting for my spreadsheet with the following: Condition 1: If Column C Font is Bold then bold entire row and interior shade entire row gray. Condition 2: If Column B is Blank then shade entire row light yellow and format entire row font italic. Can't seem to figure out the formula for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. You havent mentioned the conditions for formatting these two columns.. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "BlueAngel" wrote: > I would like to apply conditional formatting for my spreadsheet with...

Excel Text Function
Hi anyone who can help me... I have some info in a spreadsheet as follows: A1 B1 C1 Centra Dublin Centra Belfast Centra London If I want to get just Centra out into another cell I would use =LEFT(A1:C1,6) and this works fine. But I want to actually get out the area - Dublin, Belfast or London and some other areas that might have more or less than 7 letters. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance Ann (Dublin, Ireland) =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Centra","")) will work if you have city names and centra.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ann&q...

Stagger X-axis text
In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems that I can only rotate the text to 90 degrees. Is there a way to stagger and leave horizontal? Specifically, I have all the provinces (or 10 of them) across the axis and they take up room when spelt out (no abbreviations allowed). I would rather the first, third, fifth ... etc. be higher and the second, fourth etc. be lower to allow the chart to be narrower and still read the text clearly. Cheers, Deborah >-----Original Message----- >In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems Deborah I would...

HELP!! Viewing email images

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

slow emails
We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we have one user on one machine that her emails take awhile to process, up to 3hrs possibly. She is running outlook 2002, with all updates as of 10/9/03. I have figured in the past that it was just the other servers the mail was going through that was slowing it down. But when she uses, another persons acount on another machine it runs fine. Is this and outlook/machine problem, a server problem, or a problem that is out of my hands? Or is there a problem at all? >-----Original Message----- >We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we ha...

Trouble sending emails #2

email set up in publisher

Help ! formatting data to text

How do I set the number format to Base 12?
I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from Base 10 to Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were adding up three different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result should be 2 cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm for details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Andrew Moore" <AndrewMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:893CABE9-37D7-4E6B-8A7E-A5E679C8C824@microsoft.com... >...

Conditional Formatting w/ a List/Icons
I am trying to allow someone to select "Green", "Yellow" or "Red" from a list and the cell to display a green/yellow/red icon appropriately. Or, if possible, the user could just select the icon (instead of selecting text). Is this possible? Use Data Validation for the list. Type in Red, Yellow, Green as the list. This give the user the list to select from. Use Conditional Formatting for the fill part. Set three conditions, If Cell Value-"Green" (select a green fill), etc.. -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "...

multiple revieve of emails
I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on server Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some > cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other > cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on > server Usually caused by 1) Send/receive interval too small or 2) server timeout value too small or 3) rules that don't contain the "stop processing more rules...

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

To write living will do I need special format
I just need to change and update a living trust You should consult someone with the appropriate legal knowledge in the jurisdiction in which you are domiciled. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "belladonna" <belladonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F25A64CB-355F-44E9-A005-16AA61DA15A7@microsoft.com... > I just need to change and update a living trust ...

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

conditional format 04-15-10
Hi, I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on the value in cell A1 How can this be done? I know I can do it with conditionale format for the cell itself but not for another one. Thanks JP Try this. Assume you want B1 text to change colour when the value in A1 is 5, select B1 and go to conditional formatting. In the condition, select 'Formula is' then in the empty space, type =A1=5 choose the font colour that you want. "Jean-Paul" wrote: > Hi, > > I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on th...

Special format
How can I change the format from numerical to English?? e.g.: 420 to Four Hundred and Twenty Only It is called typing - UNBELIEVABLE or SEARCH and REPLACE but MS Office 2002 Chin support numerical to chinese: 123456789 -----> = &#19968;&#20740;&#20108;&#21315;&#19977;&#30334;&#22235;&#21313;&#20116;&= #33836;&#20845;&#21315;&#19971;&#30334;&#20843;&#21313;&#20061; =3D.=3D" Can anyone help~~ >-----Original Message----- >It is called typing - UNBELIEVABLE > >or SEARCH and REPLACE > > >. > ...

reply formatting in Outlook 2010
I set up my normal.email.dotm file to have 12 pts below each paragraph, which helps formatting issues when sending emails to people using gmail and other programs that interpret paragraph breaks differently than Outlook. That works just fine with new emails. However, when I reply to an email, even an html email, the formatting is not applied. I can fix this by choosing Format Text and then setting the spacing as per above, but this is a pain in the neck. Why don't reply emails use the same template? Is there a way to template replies so i can use the same formatting? thanks in advance, ...

Show only extended description on receipt
I have RMS set up in such a way that it shows the extended description of the items at the POS along with the regular description. When i print a receipt both descriptions print. Is it possible to print only the extended description, if so, how?? Hi Terry, You might downloaded the receipt format or done yourself customization. Just try to find first Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription and if you see another variable called Entry.Description Just remove the row or column with name "Entry.Description" It will work, let me know or send me email address I have already the customized o...