format a CD

Hi, how can I format a cd+rw re writeable disc

aga
0
aga151 (2)
3/10/2009 3:14:08 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Date formatting in footer
How do I change the format of the date option in the footer of a worksheet? For example, currently it shows 8/9/06; how would I change it to Aug 8, 2006 or 9 Aug 2006 for example?. TIA You can make some changes in Windows Regional Settings to your short date format which is what Excel uses for the footer date. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:50:18 -0700, "computerguy" <computerguy394-news@yahoo.com> wrote: >How do I change the format of the date option in the footer of a worksheet? >For example, currently it shows 8/9/06; how would I change it to ...

custom format!
using custom format how can i format the number 12345678.91 as 1,23,45,678.91? i think it would be a simplest one! -via135 -- via135 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498408 From a Google search here is a reply by David Richie to the same question in January 2005 If you have Excel 2002 or later look up bhattext in help. Otherwise the following format might help you [>=10000000]##\,##\,...

Incorrect Raw Data Format
Hopefully someone can help me with this problem !! I use a custom made programme to extra data from a database into an Excel file, on a monthly basis. I am then using this data file to drive other spreadsheets, via links and lookup tables. Unfortunatley the data within data file produced by the custom programme, is not recognised by the formulas in the other spreadsheets. I have found that if I edit the data file, and go to each cell and press F2 and then Enter, and then re-save the file, the links then work. I cannot alter the format which the custom programme saves the data. Is there ...

formatting a page
I have 3 pages of names that I would like to combine into 1 page. How would I do this? Create a 3 column report. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access Co-author: "Access 2010 Solutions", published by Wiley "patty44" <patty44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:375F9BB6-48F6-4885-8787-86ED8FAA098C@microsoft.com... >I have 3 pages of names that I would like to combine into 1 page. How would >I > do this? aaa "patty44" <patty44@discussions.mi...

Number Format 02-19-08
Hi every one, I am using M.S Access Xp, I am trying to multiply a number (Currency Format) with another number for the currency rate (Number format �Single). When the currency is a large number, the result will not be accurate?? Example: 100000 * 0.72 = 72000.0028 100000 * 0.70 = 69999.9988 It does not give a fixed number as expected ??? I have to use many decimal places for the currency rate to get accurate results. Please Advise� Thanks� Dear Jeff Boyce Thanks, infact I need many decimal places for the currency rate (more than 4) so I didn't use currency, I use...

Business Portal and data formats
Is anyone using Business Portal outside the US? Our server is configured with dates formatted as (DDMMYYYY) and GP displays them as such. However, in Business Portal all dates are displayed as (MMDDYYYY). Is there a setting in Business Portal or Sharepoint or someplace else that controls this? Changing the Time Zone might take of this. Go to Site Settings>>Regional Settings "callabob" wrote: > Is anyone using Business Portal outside the US? Our server is configured with > dates formatted as (DDMMYYYY) and GP displays them as such. However, in > Business Porta...

How change Date format in header?
How can I get the date in my header to display: "September 9, 2004" instead of "9/9/2004" right now the custom header is: &[Date] -- Thanks, Steve (office 2000) You'll have to use a little VBA. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Worksheets("sheet1").PageSetup.LeftHeader = Format(Date, "mmmm d, yyyy") End Sub Rightclick on the excel logo to the left of File (on the worksheet menubar) and select view code. Paste that code into the code window. Adjust the worksheet na...

Reverse Conditional Formating
Does anybody know whether you can effectively run a reverse conditional format. In other words organise use cell formats to analyse data in a spreadsheet and run scenarios. So if I have three different fill colours for a data range can I extract data by cell colour. surely...just use the formulas or conditions for your formating in a helper column to extract/analyse your data.... -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Lee" wrote: > Does anybody know whether you can effectively run a reverse conditional > format. In other words organise use cell formats to analyse ...

Transfer out of a CD?
I'm trying to transfer from my Certficate of Deposit to my regular savings in Money 06. I can't 'sell' and I can't 'transfer out'. How do I get the money back to my savings? Thanks! RJH RJH I'm running Money 06 and there is a Redeem CD/Bond on the activity options in the portfolio. Just fill in the price and interest and the transfer to account. Al "RJH" <Bla@bla.net> wrote in message news:gTlGg.39805$u05.6394@news-wrt-01.rdc-nyc.rr.com... > I'm trying to transfer from my Certficate of Deposit to my regular savings > in M...

format a formula to general (not text)
I am importing a text (.csv) file into excel and formatting it via a Macro. in one column I have to insert a formula but when I do so, the formula is showing, i.e. "=TRIM(Z4)". I have tried to format to "general" but it doesn't work unless I click inside the cell and press enter. How do I apply the "General" formatting without have to manually click inside the cell? I want to do it in my macro. Here is my code: ActiveCell.Formula = "=TRIM(Z4)" Selection.NumberFormat = "General" -- www.bardpv.com Tempe, A...

Format Ratio Q
How can I express below in a ratio format? It returns an invalid error. If I was to just do it without the text, I'd simply FORMAT, custom 0.0" :1", but it doesn't seem to work that way here. Any suggestions? ="don't "&TEXT(C14/D14,"0.0" :1"") When you have quotes within quotes, you need to double them up, as in: ="don't "&TEXT(C14/D14,"0.0"" :1""") I'm not sure why you want the space before the colon, but that's up to you. Regards, Fred "Seanie" <...

How do I format a cell to convert negitive numbers to positive?
i have a cell that is is equil to another cell that will always be a negitive number. I need to convert that number and have it display as a positive number. How can i do that? if a1 is -10 then a2 will be =-a1. Cheers John "Duke55" <Duke55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF0C866-6B38-4AD3-8513-5763113A4F43@microsoft.com... >i have a cell that is is equil to another cell that will always be a >negitive > number. I need to convert that number and have it display as a positive > number. How can i do that? On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:05:05 -07...

Format of Email-List/Email Display
I actually did this once before myself but cannot remember what I did nor can find the option for it now: Instead of emails appearing to the right of the email list, I'd like them to appear on the bottom of the list. What do I do? On 3/7/2010 3:34 PM, Shaan wrote: > I actually did this once before myself but cannot remember what I did nor can > find the option for it now: Instead of emails appearing to the right of the > email list, I'd like them to appear on the bottom of the list. What do I do? You are talking about the reading pane layout. View -> Readin...

Date Format Change
I'm running Money 2004 with Win XPPro. In the registers, I somehow got the date format as day/month/year. I'd like month/day/year. Could anyone please tell me how to change the date format. Money's Help files weren't helpful for me. Thanks Mike In microsoft.public.money, Mike Fox wrote: >I'm running Money 2004 with Win XPPro. In the registers, I somehow >got the date format as day/month/year. I'd like month/day/year. >Could anyone please tell me how to change the date format. Money's >Help files weren't helpful for me. Start->Settings...

ratio formatting
In an older version of Excel (and I can't remember which one) I was able to do a numerical format for ratios x:xx. I don't remember what I did and no longer have the workbook/sheets that contained the formatting. I am currently using Office XP and Office:Mac 2003 -- I cannot figure out how to format for ratios -- I don't want to use fractions (for esthetics) as my display. Any clues? maybe you used a formula in a helper cell? =substitute(text(a1/b1,"??/??"),"/",":") uteowl wrote: > > In an older version of Excel (and I can't remem...

Formatting Question #6
I have a field in my spreadsheet that is typed in as 6/29/5. How can I change this to 6/29/2005? Select the cells, go to Format>Cells, click Date in the list of categories & pick what you want from the choices offered. You should find what you want there. HTH |:>) "Metalteck" wrote: > I have a field in my spreadsheet that is typed in as 6/29/5. How can I change > this to 6/29/2005? ...

Format a worksheet based on column widths of another ?
Can this be done ? I am importing data form txt files produced by an old dos program and I want every sheet (holding an imported txt file) to have columns the same widths as other shetts I have already formatted. Any help appreciated. Thanks Edition>Copy Edition>Paste special>Column width HTH -- AP "Isis" <isissoftNOSPAM@btinternet.com> a �crit dans le message de news: Xns97C8760B53432ISIS@216.196.109.145... > Can this be done ? > > I am importing data form txt files produced by an old dos program and I > want every sheet (holding an imported txt ...

Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Office 2004 for Mac?
Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Mac Office 2004? There is no such add-in, sorry. For the time being, you will need to use an application that can read ODF files, such as OpenOffice, NeoOffice, or even TextEdit (in Leopard), and save the files in a format that can be understood by Mac Office. On 19/11/2007 19:40, in article 4fd31d29-e4ff-4afb-ad53-548a84b2d56e@s36g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "amador" <albertoribas30@gmail.com> wrote: > Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Mac Office > 2004? -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Off...

Formatting problem
Hi I'm new on this NG. Well look as I did into EXCEL help, I cannot find the solution to my problem which is: How do I insert some kind of a block to prevent data from moving down on the page i.e. I have data I'm inserting into cols 200-500 and I don't want the data in cols 600-2000 moving down. Is there anyway of doing this function? Thanks Vince It sounds like you're Inserting Cells instead of Pasting. Rgds, ScottO "Vince" <holvbphoto@optonline.net> wrote in message news:jNj8f.19940$ol.19437@fe08.lga... | Hi | | I'm new on this NG. | | Well look...

Address list formatting
Hi all, I have a client who recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002. She is very picky about details and has this complaint: When she sends an email and clicks on the "To" button to get a listing of her address book, the list used to show the name of the recipient with the email address right next to it (to the right). With 2002, she gets the same list, but the list shows the recipients name, a "Display As" column (which has the same name but also contains the email address), and "Email Type" columnn. All these other attributes are to the right of the name...

Conditional format #9
Is there anyway of doing more than 3 conditional formats as excel will only allow 3. Hi Cass! Conditional formatting is limited to three conditions. However you do have the default format that applies where no condition is satisfied. You also have the possibility of different formats for (usually) positive, negative and zero. But in most cases where you need more than three formats for your conditions, you will need to resort to VBA. For this, see: Dave McRitchie: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#case However, if you are doing this for mainly presentation purposes, my own...

Copying Conditional Formatting #2
I am currently using Excel 2003. I have set a cell to have conditional formatting based on the result of another cell. How can I copy this logic to another cell - with the logic in the cells changing (like a formula)? For example: color cell C4 red if A4 is 10 -> copy this to C5 with dependency on A5, and etc... -> Basically, I want to color every cell in Column C red if the value in Column A is 10 without going into every cell in the column and making the dependency changes respectively. Thanks in advance. Deluth. Hi, When you setup the Conditional Formatting and select...

Time Format [h]:mm:ss
Hi Everyone! In Excel I can format time like so: [h]:mm:ss which will allow me to see time as 37:33:28 - how do I do this in Access?? Because this doesn't work - which really confuses me... Cheers, Mike No, you can't. A date/time field is an 8 byte floating point number, where the integer portion represents the date as the number of days relative to 30 Dec, 1899, and the decimal portion represents the time as a fraction of a day. That means that the Date data type is really only meant for timestamps, not durations, and therefore the hours can never exceed 24. The recommended...

Formating excel fields to access format fields
Hi all, Is it possible to make any equivalency between the type format of access to the type format of the excel i face this problem when trying to append excel linked table one type format that was the more problematic was to find the correct type format in the excel to adinteger(3) that is accually long integer,it was all the time giving the type format of double(5) any comments for this matter and in global to the type format matter Hi Donica, can you expatiate please the meaning of unique number i didnt understand it so much can you show me examples as well? Donica =D7=9B=D7=AA=D7=91: &...

Does anyone have information on the excel file format xlh?
I have encounted the file extension .xlh and excel doesn't like it. Anyone have any ideas? ...