FIX: Untracking emails incorrectly tracked for Outlook 2003 and 2007

Hi all,

As you know, it is tough to un-link or un-track emails (Outlook
records in general) if you track them by mistake or link them to the
wrong CRM record. The link below shows how to do it when using Outlook
2007. (I assume it is the same for CRM 3.0 and 4.0 but I cannot test
the former since we just upgraded to 4.0.)

http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2007/05/remove_crm_link.html

The problem was doing it with Outlook 2003. I think I figured a way.
You have to follow the steps in the link above but the problem was
showing the CRM user fields in the email record to set them to 0.

If you open the email record, go to Tools menu --> Forms --> Design
This Form. The record will be in designer mode. Click on (All Fields)
tab and there you will see the fields mentioned in the link above.
IMPORTANT: You will only see the CRM fields if that record is tracked
in CRM. Then follow the steps: Set crmLinkState to 0 and crmid to
blank.

Hope this helps!
0
msandid (65)
12/23/2008 10:31:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

CRM address book in Outlook

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Outlook Sales

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

invalid email address

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

outlook 97 and express email problems

Having problem with spoofing email

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Filters not working in Exchange 2003