fiscal year setting question

hi.

i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had
a quick question before i set it for my org.

in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does
that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do
monthly reports?

ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for?

thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Jeff,

Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy.
Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly
periods, you can set quarterly quotas for members of sales departments.
When sales director audits his/her employees, he/she can set sales plans
against incomes on quarterly basis. When you set monthly periods, sales
director can audit his/her employees on monthly basis.
Please ask the sales director about quotas, and desired/used settlement
period.
As I know, fiscal year settig has no effect reports other than sales quotas,
or fiscal reports.
You should narrow or widen conditions in your queries as before.

Regards,
Tibor

"Jeff Bagnall" wrote:

> hi.
>
> i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had
> a quick question before i set it for my org.
>
> in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does
> that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do
> monthly reports?
>
> ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for?
>
> thanks!

OL2000: Propotional / fixed-width font settings
What is the significance of the proportional / fixed-width font options under International Font settings in Outlook? Outlook always chooses the proportional option anyway. Furthermore, how does Outlook reconcile the setting under "when composing and reading plain text" vs. the settings under International Fonts? Say I have a plain text message in ISO 8859-1. How does Outlook decide what font to use to display the text? ...

If any cell in a range is blank question
Hello. I have two sheets in a workbook. One is a Summary sheet, and the next is titled "Bldg 5". What I am trying to make sure is that the range A1:K20 on the Bldg 5 sheet has had data entered to them (ie, they are not blank). The question that corresponds to Summary sheet A1 is "Has the data for Bldg 5 been updated?" If ANY blank in Bldg 5's range A1: K20, then put a "NO" in Summary A1's cell. If ALL of the Bldg 5 range had data in it, then put a "YES" in Summary A1. I also need A1 to update as data is entered into the Bldg 5 range (a...

Prior Year Trial Balance
When running a trial balance for a prior year, note the "net change" on a monthly basis is incorrect every month until December. The Net Change is the first line item of the following month, not the actual net change. -- JeannieC ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" ...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

pswd question
On XP pro sp3, if I start->run and type control userpasswords2 then hit enter I get a UserAccts window, I then click the Advanced Tab, I then go down to the center of the window to the AdvancedUserManagement heading and then look to the right and click the Advanced button, I get another window called LocalUsersAndGroups, if I then click Users->MyAcctName I finally get a window that called MyAcctName Properties, if I look down to the center I see a check box (that is checked) beside a heading that says, "password never expires". Ok.......now I go to ControlPanel(ClassicV...

Pivot Table question #4
Hi I have spreadsheets that take data via a pivot table from an OLAP cube that is held on a terminal server. The spreadsheets hold figures entered by me and figures obtain from the pivot table. I want to enable the automatic update on the pivot table but the pivot table is sorted by a project number obtained from the OLAP cube. My problem is if a new project is added to the OLAP cube then it is automatically selected from the drop down list. I want to be able to turn this off so that it only selects the project I have previously chosed. For example if I have selected the filter nu...

Remote Server Question
Right customer wants to acces his win2k8 server remotely. IT is using a generic printer from the server. At the office the printer is on a network. Terminal Services are being used to access the server remotely. What needs to be done to get said printer working? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance Whether "at the o...

x-y Line Graph question
I have a line graph. X is dates and Y is numeric data. I am plotting 12/1/2005 through 1/30/2006. The problems is my series does not start at the "left most" point of 12/1/2005, it is shifted slightly. And the line does not end at the "right most" point of 1/30/2006. Any ideas will be appreciated. thanks! XL has two distinct chart types even though they look similar, the XY Scatter chart and the Line chart. There is no XY Line graph. I believe you have a Line graph. Double-click the x-axis and from the Scale tab uncheck the 'Value (Y) axis crosses betwe...

Saving file for new year
I would like to redo my Money file for the new year. I have transactions back to 2003. I'd like to create a new file that begins with 2008. I remember years ago that Quicken gave me that option. Is there anyway to do this with Micorsoft Money? In microsoft.public.money, grsode wrote: >I would like to redo my Money file for the new year. I have transactions >back to 2003. I'd like to create a new file that begins with 2008. I >remember years ago that Quicken gave me that option. Is there anyway to do >this with Micorsoft Money? File->New->NewFile lets ...

AD Computer object question
Hello, I have computer object within Active Directory for a specific server. Due to an issue, the link between the two has been broken. Is there any way to recreate the link without delete the AD object and join back the server into the domain? Thanks for your help, It's a really urgent matter, please help Dark Hello darkbol, Which kind of machine is it, Domain controller or member server or workstation? What is the exact error message? Did something happened before or is it just out of the blue? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is pro...

Try Catch to Pinpoint Set-Based Error?
SQL 2008. I have a fairly simple Merge statement with this: When Not Matched Then Insert Values ( ... long column list ... cast( crazyCol1 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) , cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) ) The insert source is about 50,000 rows. One of the rows is failing the cast (original source is varchar(36). I would like to implement a try/catch block around this somehow so I can catch the offending row. How can I do that? Thanks. SnapDive (...

GP Extender Tables Question (GP9)
I have created an Extender window with 3 Fields (let’s just say price 1, price 2, price 3). I can see where it got created in table EXT40100, field User_Defined_Prompts_1 etc and I can also see where the data is stored in EXT00103. What I don’t see is where the prompts from EXT40100 are in its own rows so that you can link them to EXT00103 for reporting purposes. I know I can hard code the flags to their proper values in Crystal or set up my own custom table to do it but I would have thought that Extender will have a table like that. Am I just not seeing it? -- Pieter The prompts ...

Question on Formats...
This ought to be quite simple to answer. Is it possible to format the contents of a combobox? On sheet1 I have text in cells A1 to A8 e.g A1 = John, A2 = Steve, A3 = Claire etc. I have a combobox on a chart that displays those names when I click the down arrow. The default is lower case, black lettering. Can I make the names appear in bold and green for example? I have tried modifying the original names but that makes no difference. If I right click the combobox and select <Format Control> I cannot see a way to format my data entries. Maybe you can't do it. And I want to ...

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...

[more of a 'c' question really] Converting doubles to strings without getting scientific notation
Hello hello.. I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets small the string appears in scientific notation ie 0.02 become 2e-02 Is there another conversion routine I can use to prevent this? I have a not terribly scientific customer who would prefer a straight forward decimal display. Thanks "Zardoz" <thing@thing.thing> wrote in message news:122lvvkvicks85nka58iugok64ba0plpem@4ax.com... > Hello hello.. > > > I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets > small the string appears in scientific notation ...

CRM v3.0 Questions
Hello, Is the fuctionality to unshare multiple records available in v3.0. The 1.2 documentation shows this functionality but it seems to be missing from the actual product. When you re-assign a record in v1.2 the record maintains a share relationship with the prior owner. Does v3.0 function the same way. Are there any tricks (other than using SCRIBE) when importing new records to link multiple contacts to a single lead. Has any new flexibilty been added to the Microsoft record importer. Thanks, Ron In 3.0 if you go to the settings > Organization Settings > System Settings th...

Crosstab Query For Fiscal Year Totals
I want to write a crosstab query for FY totals that will show each month regardless of wether there is data or not. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks! The trick is column headings. Open the query in Design View. Right click up where the tables go and select Properties. In there is column headings. Put in the expected column names in order. Something like: "Jan","Feb","Mar" and so on. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "DevlinM" wrote: > I...

International Range style settings
Hi there, I am using Excel 2007, the Ducth version. I have created a workbook with macros, partly recorded. In one of the I am using some code like With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Ongeldig" End If End With In the English version it shoul be With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Bad" End If End With Is there a constant I can ue instead of the text "Bad"? Thanks Wouter Styles have both Name and Local name properties, so I *think* the English name should work ...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

Single set of folders in Navigation Pane?
In Outlook 2007, I have Exchange Server and 2 POP accounts. I would like all of the messages from all of the accounts to display in the navigation pane in the same folders and follow the same rules and alerts. Currently I have Mailbox fro exchange and Personal folders for the 2 POP accounts. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks! You can set your delivery location for each account in; Tools-> Account Settings...-> tab Email You'll have to decide if you want the default location to be a pst-file or the Exchange mailbox. If you choose for a pst-file, all the d...

Rounding Up question
Hi, A1 has the ROUNDUP Function referenced to B1: ROUNDUP(B1,0). Example: B1 says: 6.2 A1 will roundup to 7. Perfect! This works 99% of the time. But in a special case B1 says 6.0 - A1 still rounds up to 7. I expanded B1 decimal places and found B1 in this case really says: 6.00044. Hence the reason for A1 rounding to 7. Is there anyway to tell the A1 ROUNDUP function to not round up when the first decimal place says zero? Or to only go out one decimal place when rounding up? Hope I worded my question that it can be understood. Thanx in advance, Amy. Hel...

Question about MFC source code.
Hi, all, I find that there are some redefinitions in afxHH.h. Something looks like this: #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E110 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E111 // aliases: MRU_2 - MRU_16 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E112 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E113 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E114 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E115 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E116 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E117 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FIL...

List of questions
Hi, I have some questions in outlook 2003, can anyone help me? 1-how can i in the appointment type a subject with special format (red, bold..) 2-whent a task is 100% completed, how can be deleted automatically. 3- I need to filter only the available time on a specific day. ex if i have 2 appointments today on a specific time, what i need to see is the available time for other new appointments. 4-If I have a lot of appointments on a specific date that are colored with labels and have a specific show time as (busy,tentative), when i go to print this calendar with the "calendar detai...

Treeview Control Question
Hello, I am using a treeview Control in a form that has a tab control. The treeview control is located on one of the tabs. When the form loads it populates the treeview control(has checkboxes enabled on treeview), bolds certain text based on the SQL table it's pulling from, and then checks any items that were checked last time the record was saved. The problem that I am having is that when I move to another tab and go back to it, all of the bolds and checks are gone. I've tried redoing the query on tab control and page click actions as well as trying to set focus on the treeview ...