Fire a Workflow using a Callout

Hi,

I would like to fire a WorkFlow using a callout. I got problems to do that.
Can you tell me how I can do that?

I tried it like that:

CrmService.ExecuteWFProcessRequest wf = new
LetterSalutation.CrmService.ExecuteWFProcessRequest();
wf.ProcessId = GetWorkflowProcessId(workflowName, entityContext);
myService.Execute(wf);

But I get an error: Server was unable to process request.

Can you help me?

Simon
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Are you using Budget feature?
Hello guys, are you using Budget un Money? what for? what would you like changed/improved in it? thanks, Vadim Rapp Not much. It's too broken and limited by insistence that scheduled items must be in budget. Most of its problems stem from trying to make that work well. I'd use it more for comparing actuals to budget and doing variance analysis. If all Advanced budget allowed me to do was set category budgets by arbitrary time period as average values or discrete values and then support all the variance reporting, I'd be happy as a clam. I don't need Budget Groups--...

using macro to save a file produces runtime error 4198
I upgraded from Win-XP/Office 2003 to Win-7/Office 2007; the code below ran fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 generates runtime error 4198. The variables and directory location are valid. The parameters for FileName are updated for Word 2007; the grammer for the FileName appears correct (no grammer errors when macro runs as is, but grammer errors if I change the string.) When I substitute an actual file name in place of the variables, the code runs w/o error, but the Debug.Print statements generate correct strings. I feel kind of dumb- but what is different about use of variab...

Problem using SaveAs method
Hi, I'm running a perl script which uses Win 32 OLE package for Excel operations. The script does some processing and populates a spreadsheet, after which it uses the 'SaveAs' method to save it as xls in the same folder in which the tool runs. This used to work fine until recently I upgraded from MS Office 2003 to MS Office 2007 version 12.0.6524.5003. Now, the script does not produce any xlsx file at all. I tried the same on another machine running Excel 2007 version 12.0.4518.1014, and surprisingly it generated the xlsx. Is this some known issue with this ver...

Workflow-Designer Crashed and Killed Workflow Execution
HI At first the prereq: Server: Windows Server 2003 Exchange 2003 Office 2003 Client: WindowsXP Office XP Workflow-Designer (the free one, not from the Developer-Package) Version 2000, no new one available Anyone encountered the same problem? I developed a workflow with the Workflow-Designer and the client crashed after removing transitions and replacing states with new transitions. Afterwards (and resetting the exchange-server also) the workflow enters the first state and terminates with an error (and not saving the form). The event viewer logged an workflow error on transition with...

problem using pst files with Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi, I am having problem using old Pst files when installing new Exchage 2003 Server. Every one in my organization worked in POP3 with pst files , (Outlook 2000/XP) without any difficults. Now, After I have installed Exchange 2003 Standard Edition, and I moved their old emails trough the pst files into the new Exchange Mailbox, I am having Problem reading those mails. I have moved them using the Outlook Drug and Drop feature or even Import/Export Sometimes. Now, those emails are there, but I just can`t use them. They are become unavailable (Gray Color). Please, help find a solution for th...

Highlighting text using conditional formatting
Hi All I'm trying to highlight certain text in a list - namely all text that end with river, stream or creek. I've been trying to use conditional formatting but for some reason I can't seem to get it to go (I would have thought * wildcard would have done the trick but no such luck). Ideally you would have a different colour for rivers, creeks and streams. The list is like this Grey River Brash Creek Fred Stream Hell Stream Roger River Turd Creek and so on (about 3000 entries) Any ideas about how you can do this? Feedback appreciated. Thanks Mike Try this... Select the text ...

Field values used to filter a report
I have a report that is based upon a query that filters the data in a variety of ways. The net result is a listing of Zip Codes that I ultimately use as a part of the data for a report. The contents of this report is limited to the Zip Codes from the query. (Not a true filter) I need to be able to print this list of zip codes in a comma seperated list in the report header. I am sure this can be easily accomplished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. There are 2 parts to your question: a) How to provide an interface ...

Outlook and Offline Folders using IMAP #2
I'm running Outlook 2007. It seams to support the IMAP protocol reasonably well. However, I can't figure out how to move messages between folders when I'm offline (it gives an error message saying I can't, see below). This same operation works fine in MS Windows Mail (the equivalent of Outlook Express that ships with Windows Vista) and Mozilla Thunderbird. It's clearly not a limitation of IMAP. I can download messages and read and delete them when I'm offline. I just can't move them between folders unless I'm online. Since Outlook synchronizes any change...

Setting the Startup Options for an Access 2007 database using VBA
Afternoon everyone, I'm trying to use the information from an MSDN page of roughly the same title (Setting Startup Options Programmatically in Access 2000, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140020(office.10).aspx) to setup the startup options of my database. Firstly, I don't know whether this option should be placed in a module or event (like Form_Load). Secondly, I'm not too sure that I have the code correctly written down: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim dbs As CurrentProject Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject dbs.Properties....

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

Changing database used with ODBC link
I have a excel spreadsheet containing many (we're talking thousand here!) of cells which look-up information via an ODBC link to our SQ Server database. This database has recently changed, so I need to mak every one of these queries point to a new database in the system Unfortunately the name of the database appears to be hardcoded in t each query. I have tried in vain to do a search and replace in a tex editor on the spreadsheet, but as I feared once I have done this th spreadsheet no longer opens. Is there any way to globally update the queries used? I don't fanc manually updating e...

how to use captions -> Cross-reference
I'm interested in word 2007's ability to maintain cross references such as 'on figure 7 we can see that' so that if I added another figure it would automatically update to figure 8 etc. I've tried to use word 2007 help but it's patchy and minimal, I don't understand where the normal help files are. For example if I search for captions the first hit is the 'add or delete captions' page, but on that page there's no mention of cross-references or how to use them. I also can't find an index of help items like there is in visual studio or ...

How can I use fscommand() to send message to outer ocx control?
Hello I have wrote a ocx control which with a dialog in it using mfc. I place a SHOCKWAVEFLASH object in this dialog and handle the FSCOMMAND event such as: ---------------------------------- void MainDialog::OnFSCommandShockwaveflash1(LPCTSTR command, LPCTSTR args) { AfxMessageBox(_T("fdfd"),MB_OK); } ---------------------------------- I place this ocx control in my html page. But when flash call fscommand() the event handler cannot receive any events. This html page code follows at: ------------------------------------- <object name="flashObj" id="flashObj&qu...

Using cost basis for net worth report
I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there any way I can do that? No. "Kevin Dorrell" <Kevin Dorrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79127E17-14EF-403D-833A-E0D672C8D929@microsoft.com... >I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis > (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there > any > way I can do that? Oh. That's not very good, is it! Thanks for the rep...

Popups used more than once
Is it a good idea to use the same popup in more than one place or should you make a copy of it. I have a customers popup that I need to call on more than one form. Is there any possibilty of a conflict. if more than one user is using the database if they call the same popup at the same time? Robert Robert, Probably won't be a problem. However, if you have miultiple users, the very strongly recommended approach is for each user to have his own separate copy of a front-end application file, linking to the core data tables in a shared backend file. That way, "call the sa...

I bought a new PC. Can I use my old PC Product key to activate?
My new PC comes with 6 month trial Office 2007. Can I simple activate my licence from the old PC by inputting my PRoduct key during activation? How did you come by the software on the old PC? If it is an OEM version that came installed on the PC, then it is only licenced to be used on that particular PC. If it was a boxed version that you purchased, you can un-install it from that PC and then install it on the new one. Probably best to remove the trial version first. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to o...

Using Photo Watermarks
I wish to use a colour photo as a watermark in the design of a DVD insert when using Publisher 2000. However, as the colours are strong, the title text (in black) in the foreground is difficult to read. How can I make the colours paler so as to make the title text more legible? It seems to be possible to do this when using clip art and a single colour, but not photos. The only possible solution I have found is to convert the photo to grey scale, and then use the colour palette to choose the intensity of the grey. BUT - I want to retain the colours. All suggestions gratefully received. Sp...

Workflow Manager
Hello! How can i change the Business Unit in the Workflow Manager, so that i can create different Workflow Rules for different Business Units. Greetings from Berlin Ren´┐Ż I think you do this by logging in as a crm admin who is in the Business Unit you want the workflow placed ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/CodeGallery.aspx?id=b6499eb0-0eae-4597-b38e-ee9cbc71a404 "Rene Aime" <rene.aime@cancom.de> wrote in message news:Ot55atw%23FHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > How can i change...

opening an excel form using an access button #2
thanks for the suggestion. thats what i'm doing now. is there any wa to integrate access and excel so that I can install all together o different machines -- -Brian-H ----------------------------------------------------------------------- -Brian-H-'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26446 I don't understand the question. What do you mean "install"? The Office applications? Or YOUR applications? **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification ...

Using Outlook 2003 with ISA proxy problem
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 on my notebook (logged on with local administrator user) to check mail from SMTP/POP3 server through LAN connection but it reported that cannot connect. Our LAN using ISA proxy server, I tried both methods of using firewall (using default ISA client, and using manual proxy by enter ISA server address/port in IE) but cannot resolve problem. I guess that the problem due to I've not logged on by network domain user (ISA server ask for username for first time I open IE), so is there other way to solve my issue? Thanks, Tien, ...

reading and writing xml using a tcp stream
Hi, I am writing a client/server application with a desktop and a pocketPC which transfers a xml string which is to be loaded by a dataset on the client. the server uses this code to prepare and send the xml: Dim stringbuilder As New StringBuilder Dim textwriter As StringWriter = New StringWriter(stringbuilder) Dim xmltextwriter As New Xml.XmlTextWriter(textwriter) xmltextwriter.Formatting = Xml.Formatting.Indented Dataset.WriteXml(xmltextwriter, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema) 'this is the connection to the client Dim w As New IO.StreamWriter(mobjClient.GetStream) ' the &qu...

Enter values in table from form using dlookup
Hi, Just wondering if it's possible to put values in a table, using data entered on a form? Like if the person enters for item a, 1, then it adds 1 to item A in a table. I've tried dlookup(blah) = me.text1 but it doesn't work. Thanks Dear s4: What you want is the way it is supposed to work. You don't need to do a lookup to move data from a form to a table, you simply need to "bind" your form to the table (or a query based on the table). Every form has a "Record Source" property; which should be the name of the table or query you want to be the source ...

Opening XFDL form using VBA
I have a electronic form that is in the format of XFD or XFDL. The IBM Lotus Form Viewer is used to open the form, enter information and can be printed, saved, or emailed. I have a need to open the form from an Access database and pass data to it, populating the form. I have tried many methods, including FollowHyperlink, and the form does not open. The viewer starts but it is blank. I even tried to open the viewer and pass SendKeys command to do a CTRL+O to open the form, but that doesn't even work. It's as if the viewer is blocking the access to the form. I can...

Exchange 2k7's use of AD site links
I've seen that Exchange 2k7 hub transport server relies on AD's Site topology for replication. One item I see reoccuring is the IP site links used to determine how to route the messages. However, I don't see a clarification on what protocol it will use. It's clear RPC will be used for intrasite communication but does the hub transport use RPC or SMTP between hub transport? If RPC, does that mean I have to have all of my ports open between them or can I trim down the ports in the registry? And for the bonus question, if an SMTP site link is used, does the hub tran...

Can I use the Windows AD Migration Tool AFTER I've used the AD Connector?
I am migrating from NT/Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2003/Exchange 2003. I have already installed the AD Connector as well as Exchange 2003 into the old Exchange 5.5 domain. All of the NT accounts that were not in the Windows 2003 AD have been replicated into a new container. I am now ready to move the mailboxes over to the new Exchange 2003 server. My question is..Can I use the Windows AD Migration tool to move over the SIDs to the new AD accounts? If I had used the AD migration tool BEFORE I had replicated accounts using the AC connector, it would have replicated the necessary information ...