Financial Settings in CRM 3.0

Is there any way (supported or un) to change/undo the fiscal period template
settings?
--
--Dodd
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

econnect 9.0 installation com+
I am installing eConnect 9 on a local machine with SQL Server Express and GP 9 installed. Running WinXP Pro sp2. When I get to the end of the installation process and need to enter the Domain/user and pass, I enter "eConnect" as the user I created in users and Groups. "eConnect" user is part of the admin group. I receive the following errors and installation fails. "The eConnect Incoming Service Returned the following error: Status Invalid Service Account" "The eConnect Outgoing Service Returned the following error: Status Invalid Service Account" ...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Referencing .NET 2.0 but end result uses .NET 3.5
I'm using DevStudio 2005 and I have a project that references System.dll ver 2.0.50727 and I accidentally compiled code that used an overload that only exists in version 3.5 because my intellisense showed it. I tried to compile it on another machine that never had the .NET 3.5 install and it wouldn't compile and the intellisense had that version of the overload yet both references looked identical; looking at ver 2.0 of System.dll The method in question was WaitHandle.WaitOne. ..NET 2.0 WaitOne() WaitOne(Int32, Boolean) WaitOne(TimeSpan, Boolean) ..NET 3.5 WaitOne...

CRM Mobile Registration Error
Hello All, I work for a Microsoft partner in the Atlanta area, and I've been tasked with testing CRM before we put it into production. I've hit a brick wall with CRM Mobile 3.0, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help, or point me in the right direction for this issue. The situation now: We use Small Business Server 2003 Premium SP1 in our production environment, so I'm also using it in my test environment. The test environment consists of the server and two laptops, and is connected to the internet, although its external URL uses a redirection service: fakename.no-ip.o...

Outlook extremely slow #3
Outlook had been working fine until I installed Norton Antivirus. It now takes several minutes to load. Could this be the problem? Is there any way to fix this? ...

execl to lotus 1-2-3 conversion #2
I would appreciate very much if anyone can provide me information to convert Excel file to Lotus format Regards, ...

duplicate messages #3
Each time I click "send/receive", the same two email messages are sent to my inbox. If i clik three times, the two messages will drop into my inbox for a total of six messages! Understand, i do not have "save messages on the server" selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook twice with to no avail? Suggestions? Happens to me too. My ISP said it is poorly written spam that fails to complete sending properly, so Outlook times out without completing the task of downloading including recognising what has already been downloaded and what has not. Why can&#...

My CRM VPC starts and shuts down SLOW
I'm using an MBS VPC of CRM v3.0 on a laptop with 1.4 g of ram. It's great once I boot up! However, when I first start up the VPC it takes about 5 minutes to load and about 15 minutes to shut down. It is very slow... I also have the MBS VPC for Dynamics GP v9 and BP v3.0 on the samea box with the same settings; this VPC loads up in about a minute and shuts down in about two minutes. I've tried compacting the VPC db on the CRM but it had little or no effect. I'm using CRM build 3.0.5300.0 on Windows 2003 server build 3790. Does anyone else have a problem with the load...

MS CRM integrate to JD Edwards
Hi, anyone has experience/knowledge of integrate MS CRM with JD Edwards? Thanks We are currently running JDE (SQL version) and MS CRM. Our CRM Account list originated from JDE system but the 2 systems are not tied together dynamically. Instead our account structure has maintained a key id between the systems to which we will build reporting against the 2 systems using Microsoft Reporting Services as well as OLAP cube technologies. "Keng Yuen Lok" <nospam@nospam.com.nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:u$GoMyQ3EHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > anyone ha...

Email Notifications #3
I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everything works fine, but I have complaints that the email notification in the Web Outlook Access is not working for AD users. It works for admin accounts but not a standard user, do they need to be in a certian group in order for it to work for them. It does work for them as long as the Outlook Web Access window is maximized and on top of everthing else. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:30:04 -0800, New email notifications in OWA <New email notifications in OWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everyt...

Directly from CRM Order to Outlook Appointment in Calendar
In Outlook, it is possible to draw a task directly into the calendar, thus making an appointment with info from the task. It would be great, if it was possible, in the same way, to draw a CRM order from the Outlook client directly into the Outlook Calendar. Our company uses the Outlook Calendar for time registration, and this feature would be really helpful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...

Setting up mailbox Resources
We are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Our users mailboxes were setup via active directory. We want to set up our mailbox resources so that: - Conference Rooms, Projectors, Laptops etc can be booked using the meeting resources selection. - resource mailboxes automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations - The Free/busy options are viewable by users. Currently we have not been able to find any information that indicates how this is to be done. From Outlook web we can clearly see that a resource option exits. Any help would be appreciated here Thanks See here: http...

Saving Attachments Default Setting
Whenever I save attachments to emails in Outlook Express it always defaults to My Documents File. This is very tiresome as this is not the file I want to use. Everytime I save attachements I have to browse for the correct file. I am sure it used to remember the file you last used and default to that but since I installed an update a couple of months ago it just goes back to My Documents. Help! ...

upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 (error)
I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting this error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks). "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys". I'm trying this in a virtual environment first. Any comments on this? Thanx Glen Hi Glen, Upgrade CRM 3.0 to SQL Server 2005 Evaluation . then upgrade to CRM 4.0 on SQL Server 2005. Take ...

VC++6.0 + CComboBoxEx + Win2000 = problem
Hello I have a problem wit the MFC class CComboboxEx and VC++6.0 under Windows 2000. The combobox is a "drop list" (Style CBS_DROPDOWNLIST) Basically everything work as it should be, the icons will be displayed in my combobox, the items are there, basically fine. But now my problem: 1)First the behaviour of the CComboBox class to explain my problem more exact (maybe I do not expect the correct behaviour in CComboBoxEx?): -For opening the dropdown list click the left mouse button -If I click the left mouse button again the dropdown list will be closed. 2)Now the CComboBoxEx c...

Can't send attachments #3
Whenever I try to send any attachment, Outlook 2003 won't finish the send 'task'. There are no other programs running that would restrict this. Messages without Attachments send OK though. How can I fix this? ...

Help with ACT! to CRM migration
Hi to anyone that can help. I am trying to do a trial data migration from our ACT! database to MSCRM to see what it will look like. I have installed the migration framework and appear to have CRM running fine on a server in our network (no errors on install and all windows appear ok). Since I do not have a strong database background I was wondering if someone could confirm what I believe is MS's way of migrating my data accross. I have exported the data from ACT! to a text file. I imported this into excel and repleaced the Free/busy data with a unique number for each record. I the...

sync between outlook crm & vertical applications
I would like to ask if there is any way to make synchronization & work offline with outlook client & view new entities that were created in a vertical application ? I would like to get into the outlook client the new information in addition to the current entities ? For example. We developed new form using the CRM SDK & We would like to view this information through the outlook client when working offline . Can We intervene the synchronization process for our needs ? As you have probably guess customizations created using the CRM SDK can only be viewed in the Outlook client when ...

Font Color #3
Using Excel 2003. Made copy of a matrix I built years ago. Now want to update it and show which cells have changed by making the font blue rather than black. Too many changes to make by just changing the color after each adjustment. Can't find anything that will permit me to change the font color and make it the default while I finish the update. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Have two copies on the matrix on the same worksheet. Let's say one begins in A1 and the other in AA1 You will be updating the first matrix Select all the first matrix; use Format | C...

Why is line number and position = 0 when validating against a xsd schema?
Why is line number and position = 0 in the code below? Valiation errors are found but not their position. cheers, mortb public static void Main() { XmlDocument xml = new XmlDocument(); xml.Schemas.Add(null, @"Schema.xsd"); xml.Load(@"Document.xml"); StringBuilder validationErrors = new StringBuilder(); xml.Validate(delegate(object errorSender, System.Xml.Schema.ValidationEventArgs eventArgs) { validationErrors.AppendFormat("{0} Line {1}, Pos {2}", eventArgs.Exception.Message, eventArgs.Exception.Line...

outlook settings #3
I have three email accounts (myself, my wife, and daughter) whenever an email comes in regardless of the name it was sent to, all three accounts recieve the email. My internet provider has checked all there stuff and tell me it is an issue with the software. I have no idea how to reconfigure my outlook program to eliminate this problem. ...

Publisher 2003 Question #3
MS Publisher News Group Hi: I am trying to use strike through formatting on some test and there seems to be no option. I checked MS site and nada. I opened Word 2003 typed in some test and formatted it with strike through. Tried pasting in pub and the strike through disappeared. How can two MS appications from the same suite same vintage not have the same font handling capabilities?? Bizarre? Thanks Best regards Publisher is not Word. This is one area that proves that. Publisher doesn't have a strikethrough feature. You would have to draw a line and then group it with the te...

Financial Merger
I can not get past an error message of "Money can only record a merger if you purchased this stock before today. If you....." The stock was purchased in 2000 and a purchase date was entered. How can I get my stocks to merge as the old one does not exsist anymore and I want the stock value to be accurate. In microsoft.public.money, Diana wrote: >I can not get past an error message of "Money can only >record a merger if you purchased this stock before >today. If you....." The stock was purchased in 2000 and >a purchase date was entered. How can I get...

CRM 3.0 web part for sharepoint 2003
I am trying to configure the web part. I put the URL of the CRM server in the Sharepoint web part and it says, "This version of the CRM List Web Part only supports binding to a single Microsoft CRM server per SharePoint server. Since this part has already been configured on this SharePoint Server, the CRM Server URL has been defaulted for you." Well, I hadn't yet configured for that sharepoint server. I searched around and it says that I need to trust delegation on the sharepoint server. So I did, but when I went to delegate and specify my SQL reporting and CRM server, I...

Stop producting CRM for a while : Impact on Outlook client...
Hi, We have to stop the production of CRM for a few days and I wondered what impact it can have on the Outlook client. Should we have to do something on each user's computer (or server) before stopping so that Outlook does not "blocked" at the opening without CRM? In advance, thank you for your help. Sandrine On Mar 25, 3:38=A0am, Mylo76 <Myl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > We have to stop the production of CRM for a few days and I wondered what > impact it can have on the Outlook client. Should we have to do something = on > each user's com...