Field Service V2.0

I know that there probably isn't a lot of solid info avail about
feature set for V2.0 but I have seen a number of references to planned
addition of some type of Field Service functionality. My question
is....

Does anybody have any insight or thoughts as to whether or not the
ability to schedule/dispatch techs and the ability to generate
invoicing for field service calls will be included?

0
SteveT
12/13/2004 9:20:18 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is something referred to as Service Scheduling in the latest
information that I have seen.

"SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I know that there probably isn't a lot of solid info avail about
> feature set for V2.0 but I have seen a number of references to planned
> addition of some type of Field Service functionality. My question
> is....
>
> Does anybody have any insight or thoughts as to whether or not the
> ability to schedule/dispatch techs and the ability to generate
> invoicing for field service calls will be included?

0
daniel

restoring GP 10.0 32-bit into GP 10.0 64-bit
Hello: We are going to install GP 8.0 on a 32-bit server in-house and restore a client's 8.0 data into these SQL databases. Pretty cut and dry. Next, we will upgrade this in-house server from 8.0 to 10.0. Continuing, we will install GP 10.0 on the client's new 64-bit server. Finally, we will restore the upgraded 10.0 databases from our in-house 32-bit server to the client's 64-bit server. Here's the question. Is there anything "wrong", from a technical standpoint, in restoring SQL databases from a 32-bit environment into a 64-bit environment? Thanks! chil...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)
Hi all, I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add. Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users click and begin to type. How should I do this? exchange 2003/outlook2003 Thank you. It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a label control. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumps...

Updating Boolean Field with onChange
I am having difficulty with setting a value of a new boolean field using the OnChange scripting against a picklist. If anyone has some sample code / formatting information that I can use it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I also need to know if it is possible to stop the default value for the Revenue (isrevenuesystemcalculated) field on the opportunity form being set to "Yes" when the "Convert Lead" function is used. We can set the default value to "No" for user created Opportunities but when Convert Lead is used it seems to ignore the default value. Again, a...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Changing WinRM service/server port
Anyone know how to change the server/service port? I've created a listener, but I think I need to change the WinRM client and server to use the new port... PS C:\> Set-WSManInstance -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} Set-WSManInstance : The WinRM client cannot process the request because it is trying to update a read-only setting. Rem ove this setting from the command and try again. At line:1 char:18 + Set-WSManInstance <<<< -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} + Category...

Web Services install error on AD LDS
I am trying to install GP 10 Web Services (with the SP3 installer) on a Windows 2008 SP2 x64 server. Every time I try the install I receive the error: The Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services role must be installed on the computer before installing the Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Service. I have installed AD LDS, and didn't receive any errors on install. I have rebooted a couple of times, still the same error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AD LDS and still have the problem. Shawn, You may want to check the following KB articles for resolution to your problem: System...

Fields
I am working in an education template and want to see if there is a way to create a field that can be added to periodically to show all the courses a person takes from my instructors. I created a field named course but it is only allowing me to put one course in. How can I make the field list all the courses? Thanks, Nantika -- Enjoy every day! On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:18:01 -0700, Nantika <Nantika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working in an education template and want to see if there is a way to >create a field that can be added to periodically ...

Amazing Problem in AllocPhysMem wince 6.0
Hi I am writing a Port Driver for x86 platform in WinCE 6.0. I want to allocate virtual and equivalent physical memory in driver and mapped it to USER mode to use application. For that I used AllocPhysMem in driver and passed that address through IOCTL calls but i cant use that virtual and physical address in application side. Because AllocPhysMem returns Error Code as 0x57 (meaning Parameter incorrect). But the same code is working in WinCe 5.0. My code snippet is, VirAddress = (LPVOID)AllocPhysMem(32, PAGE_READWRITE|PAGE_NOCACHE, 0, ...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

GP 6.0 Security
Hi! I am setting User Classes in GP 6.0 and am interested if there's any document showing relations between windows, reports, files. Information in Tools/Resource Decriptions doesn't look usefull. For example if I need to enable Trial Balance Report option for the user, which Windows, Reports and Files have to be included in order for the report to print correctly without 'not privileged' errors. What should be better approach: disable everything and add wanted options or enable everything than disable just screens that I don't want users to see. Latter looks easi...

eService Call with GP 9.0
eService GP 8 release was unchanged for GP 9.0 as per Article ". eService & eReturns NOTE: eService & eReturns for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 utilizes the same download as Microsoft Great Plains 8.0. There are no changes to eService & eReturns requiring an upgrade or installation difference. " I tried to configure eService for GP 9.0 but not able to view the proper page, it seems the COM components “Webservice” not working properly. Anyone come across the same situation? You need to go to Component Services, Computers, My Computers, Com+ Apps and make sure th...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

Averaging cell's...problems with Div/0
Hi guys. First time poster here so be gentle with me. I am looking fo some assistance averaging a range of 1 to 3 numbers. Here is what I have so far. =(D3+F3+H3)/(IF(C3=0,0,1)+IF(E3=0,0,1)+IF(G3=0,0,1)) This works great. What it does is checks to see if there is a value i the cell, then counts it and divides by the right number. I.E if yo only have two values out of 3 filled in it divides the number by tw instead of 3. My problem... if all 3 fields are 0 then I get a divide by 0 error. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I don't want my spreadsheet to loo messy before I start plu...

modify description field in reports
When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen wider but when i print it, it defaults back to the regular size. The problem is it cuts off my part numbers on some of my long numbers. Is there a way to overcome this? you must modify the po.xml file directly. "www.choppersapparel.com" <www.choppersapparel.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B4E31D5-10A7-4A99-913D-F8F6E3BD7043@microsoft.com... > When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen > wider but when i print it, it defaults ...

How do you change a field name in 2002 Excel
I have copied and pasted a whole database from Works into the Excel program but can't seem to find a way to change the field names from A, B, C, to what I want as Last Names, First Names, etc. Aarrrrgh. It can't be THAT difficult! <G> Using the HELP did nothing for me thus I am here asking this silly Q. AnnE in MN You cannot change the Column letters from A, B, C etc. You can choose to have column and row headers not shown under Tools>Options>View Enter your titles(names) in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to lock row 1 in view. Gord Di...

Multiple indexes on same fields in different order
I sometimes need to find the largest or smallest value in a field. If I put two indexes on the same field, one in ascending order and one in descending order, is Jet smart enough to use the proper index if a give it a grouping query with the condition Max or Min, or am I just wasting resources? Pete -- This e-mail address is fake, to keep spammers and their address harvesters out of my hair. If you want to get in touch personally, I am 'pdanes' and I use yahoo mail. But please use the newsgroup when possible, so that all may benefit from the exchange of ideas. ...

installing GP 10.0 on workstations only
Hello: I understand that you can install GP 10.0 and forego installation of the application on the server. If you choose to go that route, then how do you path to SQL during the first-time run of GP Utilities when you create the company databases? I mean, if you install GP on the first workstation without installing GP on the server at all, you have to tell GP the path to the database (in the Database Setup window). Can you use UNC pathing in that window or do you have to use mapped drives? Also, what sort of security do you need to create the databases from the workstation? Domai...

Login problem to CRM 3.0
Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user. If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got the following message: "You are not authorized to view this page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized... I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next step. Th...

Dlookup turn -1 or 0 into a word
I have a message box that displays if a product is 'Stocked' or 'Not STocked' but in the databse its stored as -1 or 0 I use the follwoing code DLookup("StockedItem", "tblProduct", "ProductID=" & Me.ProductID) So in the message box at the moment it says -1 or 0, how do i code it to says 'stocked' if -1 and 'Not STocked' if 0 Thanks Assuming ever field has a value: If Stocked = -1 Then MsgBox "Stocked", vbOKOnly Else MsgBox "Not Stocked", vbOKOnly End If -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MV...

1:N relationships with Service Activity
Hi, I have a scenario that can be summarized into the following: 1. Appointment is made with a client. 2. some services and products are delivered to the client. 3. multiple invoices could be created for the services & products used/delivered during the appointment. Since i needed the scheduling capabilities i thought Initially of using the service activity as the centralized entity to manage the appointments and link the invoices and the services/products list to the service activity in a 1:N relationship. The problem with service activity is that it doesn't allow for custom 1:...

GreatPlains 9.0 and SQL2005
I'm trying to find requirements for GP 8.0 (SQL2000 and BusinessPortal 2.5 ) to GP 9.0 (SQL2000 BusinessPoratl 3.0) upgrade. As far as I understand SQL 2005 not required to run GP 9.0 with BusinessPortal 3.0 . Am I going to lose any functionality/features buy staying with SQL2000? I heard windows authentication will be available in GP 9.0 only in SQL2005 configuration. Is it true? Thanks in advance. You do not have access to the checkboxes in user setup with SQL 2000. However, you maintain the use of SQL Server Reporting Services because GP 9 does not work with the SSRS in 2005...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...

Select more than 1 object in the lookup field
I would like to have the ability to select more than one object in a lookup field. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks No. The only exception to this is the party list (like the to, cc and bcc fields in an email), but this is an internal thing and cannot be used in customizations. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup ---------------------------------------------------------- "Onetreeup" <Onetreeup@discussions...

Crm 3.0 11-09-07
I have one server windows 2003 standard r2 sp2 With: _Crm 3.0 _Wsus 3.0 I first installed CRM 3.0 (databases point on another server) and after I installed Wsus 3.0 with standard installation (comprehensive SQL 2005 espress edition) Now when I go to http://nameserver:5555 all open correctly but not report folder. When I click report folder I have an error (there is an error please contact your system administrator). I try to go to http://nameserver/serverreports but there isn't a web page (IIS say impossible find page). Have Wsus delete iis report configuration? How I can restore t...