Failure to Display anything but Methods in Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll

I'm using both VS.NET and VS.NET 2003 to attempt to run the "Find all the
Incidents for an Account or Contact" code on MSDN
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk/htm
/findallofthecasesassociatedwithanaccountorcontact.asp).

I've added the reference to Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll and also have attempted
to use the Microsoft.CRM.ComProxy.dll when the first failed.

I am unable to compile as the C# compiler states that both ".Credentials"
and ".Url" are not valid properties of the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser
class.

I used the object browser, and as it appears, the bases and interfaces
within every class *ONLY* display methods.

Is this a setting in VS.NET I'm missing of how to display properties? I know
they're there: VS.NET is just not finding them within the assembly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff Sanders
Sr. Systems Architect
invokesystems

0
Jeff
7/23/2003 3:27:46 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jeff,

Try adding a reference to System.Web.Service.dll in your VS.NET project.

"Jeff Sanders" <jeff.sanders@invokesystems.com> wrote in message
> I'm using both VS.NET and VS.NET 2003 to attempt to run the "Find all the
> Incidents for an Account or Contact" code on MSDN

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk/htm
> /findallofthecasesassociatedwithanaccountorcontact.asp).
>
> I've added the reference to Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll and also have
attempted
> to use the Microsoft.CRM.ComProxy.dll when the first failed.
>
> I am unable to compile as the C# compiler states that both ".Credentials"
> and ".Url" are not valid properties of the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser
> class.
>
> I used the object browser, and as it appears, the bases and interfaces
> within every class *ONLY* display methods.
>
> Is this a setting in VS.NET I'm missing of how to display properties? I
know
> they're there: VS.NET is just not finding them within the assembly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Sanders
> Sr. Systems Architect
> invokesystems

0
Greg

Unexpected Error when Sending Email from CRM
Hello All, When my users attempt to send an email from within CRM 1.2 the following error is shown to them; Unexpected Error. An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. When I review the event logs I see the following error: Any ideas??? thanks MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Unexpected error : 6 (SOAPCLIENT_...

Enterprise Library Instrumentation and microsoft exception handling block.
hi all i have used microsoft's exception handling block for publishing exception to event viewer. but i am getting very different error when exception occured on production. error source displayed as "Enterprise Library Instrumentation" ad error discription varies but mainly like "Failed to create instances of performance counter 'Cache Total Turnover Rate' - The requested Performance Counter is not a custom counter, it has to be initialized as ReadOnly.." can anyone shed some light on it? thanks in advnace. ...

CRM installation 05-03-05
Hi, I have the following problem: As a prerequisite for CRM installation you have to install and start the indexing service. Whenever I start indexing service on my Windows SBS 2003 server the CPU usage goes up to 100% and I lose control of my system. At this point all I can do is turning the system down and restart it. I've also tried to set indexing parameters to low values, but this operation has not changed anything. Thank you Marco Hi Marco The first time Indexing service is run it will take quite some time to build it's inital index, and once this is done it will use lo...

Hotmail will not receive/display messages sent from GMX or Yahoo
Messages sent from a GMX or Yahoo account using Windows Live Mail will not be received/displayed in Hotmail's inbox. However, if they are sent using Outlook Express, they are successfully received and displayed. Also, a message sent from G-Mail using Windows Live Mail (or Outlook Express) will work fine. Very unusual! When you say "Hotmail inbox" do you mean the one on the web or the one in your Windows Live Mail? Are the missing messages not visible in either location? Hotmail has very stringent (some would say 'draconian') spam filtering. It is not ...

No return on basic search of activities, CRM 4.0
If I go into activities and view all of my activities I get the full list of phone calls and emails. However if I try to search for an activity that I've carried out with a contact i.e. John Smith, The Company. I get no results returned if I search on either term, even though an activity on this account is in the list. If I go to Advanced Find, I can search for John Smith and/or The Company and the contact is then returned in the search. Why is the basic search not working? (I'm using the web client) Thanks in advance! Hi, Have you configured your required columns to be ...

Duplicate Importance columns displayed.
I have a client using Outlook 2002 and th edisplay shows two Importance columns. Trying to remove one results in an outlib.dll error. Anyone ever see this before? Thanks ...

Configure CRM over the Internet
Can CRM 4.0 be configured in Outlook on a client PC over the Internet if I map an IP address to the server it is contained on and open the appropriate ports on my firewall? Thanks, John Hi John, CRM is only accessible from outside your domain/network if you have set up the CRM server to use an Internet Facing Deployment (IFD). With IFD, you absolutely can configure Outlook clients over the internet. However, if you have not set up IFD, then the client workstation must be connected to the LAN or VPN'd into the LAN to configure it. The CRM Implementation Guide has the steps t...

Display Query Results on top of a Form
I have a query which runs from a control button on a form. When the query runs, the results are displayed behind the form. The user then has to minimize the form in order to see the query results. How do you set the query results to display on top of the form? You could put the following line in the code for the On Click event of the button being pushed: DoCmd.Minimize That will minimize the form and the query should be on top. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Kristin M" wrote: &...

How do you display Greek and Russian languages in excel?
I have Windows XP Professional and MS Office 2000 installed on my work computer. The excel spreadsheet I open (lexicon.tab) contains translations for about 10 European languages. The only 2 that dont display properly are Greek and Russian. These display on screen as messed up ascii characters. The font i'm using is "Arial" but i've also tried "Arial Unicode MS" without luck. When i change the "language for non-unicode programs" (under Regional and Language Options) from "English (Australian)" to "Greek" then restart the compute...

42 Top Quality Microsoft Study Guides in just $49.95 with Free Online Exams
SmartCert.net has been Re-Launched with All New Amazing Features! All SmartCert.net top 42 MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, and MCDBA Exams in just $49.95 All SmartCert.net top 35 CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE Exams in just $49.95 All SmartCert.net top 20 OCP 9i and 10g Exams in just $49.95 All New Certifications and Updated Exams Free Online Practice Exams Free Discussion Board Free Technical Articles Win Free Guides through Lucky Draw Mega Affiliate Program 06 Months Free Updates Please Register with SmartCert.net at http://www.smartcert.net/ to Enjoy all Free Features SmartCert.net is Offering. You can...

displaying a table on a form so that we can insert a new record at any place rather that at the end
how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first record. how can i accomplish this? can any body help me out please........ hi Ravindar, ravindar thati wrote: > how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to > insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his > desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first > record. Tables in Access (in a database) are a differen...

criteria failure
i have a query consisting of the following fields: description, date and amount. i have created two more fields-expressions. i.e. Expr1=Month([date]) and Expr2=Year([date]). i have a main form which consists of three combos that serve as criteria selection for my query: combo1=description selection, combo2=month selection and combo3=year selection. i have entered the following criteria in my query: description field=iif ([forms]![main form]![combo1] is null;[description];[forms]![main form]![combo1]) which works fine, that is if the combo has no data the query returns all the records an...

Many to Many Relationships in CRM
I have many clients who are needing the functionality to relate many Accounts to the Contacts or many Accounts to one Contact. Is anyone aware of a 3rd party solution that would enable this functionality? I already know of Axonom, but would like other options Thanks Amy Hi Amy, GaleForce Solutions was featured in the first Microsoft CRM ISV webinar a few weeks ago, and showed a wicked looking relationship tree that does just that. They don't seem to have anything on their website about it yet, but you can probably get some contact info there if you're interested. It's http://ww...

Is it possible to create a product in MS CRM through CRM webservic
Is it possible to create a product in MS CRM through CRM webservices ...

Open Office and Microsoft Works
How can I get my browser to choose the spread sheet from Open Office instead of Microsoft Works' when trying to open an XLS file? As it stands the latter automatically opens it. Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 32 bit and IE 8. The reason: the file doesn't open properly as is, IOW a calendar shows up in sections of four and incomplete as such. TIA, Harry. "webster72n" <webster72n@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OU2jlY#lKHA.4148@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I get my browser to choose the spread sheet from Open Office > instead of Mic...

CRM Install Error 2755
We are trying to install Microsoft CRM, and we are constantly getting the same errors no matter what we do. The errors are as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: MsiInstaller Event Category: None Event ID: 1013 Date: 07/09/2003 Time: 17:39:28 User: N/A Computer: CRM-LAPTOP Description: ===================================================== Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION Module: C:\WINNT\System32\msi.dll Function: 0x4c6463 ===================================================== Registers: EAX:00000000 EBX:00076A24 ECX:004348D0 EDX:0055E380 ESI:01951094 EDI:0054F0B8 CS:EIP...

Outlook 2007 will not display email addresses!
I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem, yet I'm unable to find any information about this problem in any newsgroup, web forum, web page, etc... I just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. In an email message in Outlook 2007, if I double click on the name of the sender (or the receipient) nothing happens!!!! In Outlook Express, I would get a nice little window showing me their email address. How else can I find out the email address of a person? All I can see is their first/last name. Outlook is not an "upgrade" to Outlook Express. These two progr...

making CRM appointments with SFO
Hi all, Our secretary makes appointments for colleagues using the button 'CRM appointment' in SFO (Sales for Outlook). In the 'Scheduling' tab attendees can be added for the appointment. As our secretary does not want to include herself in the attendee list, she removes her own name in this list. However, after saving and closing, the appointment not only a appears in the calendar of the attendees but also in the one of the secretary. My question is whether it is possible to avoid this, hence making a CRM appointment that does not include the organizer. Thank you for reply...

Question about clearing out CRM, and re-migrating with Scribe??
We have been testing the migration from Goldmine 6.5 Corporate, into CRM 3.0 using Scribe Insight. Everything is working "ok" but we are having some minor issues. Now we want to completely empty out the CRM databases, and test another migration with Scribe. Is there something special that i need to do for this to happen? I am hoping i dont have to uninstall/reinstall. Thanks Rodney Hi Rodney, What entities did you use Scribe to migrate? What entities did you use in CRM? you might able to clear the data out using a SQL script. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.cr...

Finding Accounts with no related Contacts CRM 3.0
Hi, I am trying to find all accounts where there are no related contacts but cannot work out the advanced find syntax to do this. I presume I am just missing something obvious. any ideas. Thanks Justin Hi Justin, You are not missing anything. CRM does not support a NOT operator in queries. You can easily search for accounts that do have at least one contact, but the opposite does not work. The only workaround is a report or some kind of server task (service, plug-in, workflow) setting a count attribute in an account whenever a contact is assigned or removed from an account, so that y...

A bug in Quote list with CRM v3?
With Contact or Account window open and quote tab is clicked, "Filter on - draft, won, closed..." feature is not working when "This Record only" is selected. But it works with the opportunities list. ...

How to Display
Hello From Steved I receive data each Day from 7 different Locations Col A I have 01-Jun the first to Last Day of the month. Col B I have Day formated as TEXT(A1, "ddd") Col C I have Data Based on a calendar Month. In your opinion how would I best design a database, so that the information can be displayed row wise per week. The reasoning behind this is so the data from a location can be checked against the day before. Data from a Location is similar, but from time to time the data can be wrong hence the need to put it in a format so that I can check for any errors. Thankyou. ...

Find field in CRM and Case search in CRM
hey: I have a ton of cases with emails attached/regarding each case individually. How can we search these cases for all cases that have a common element, for example: I want to search all my cases for the word "disconnect" to see if it appears ANYWHERE in the case, email, title, or part of this case. Anyone know how I can do this? FYI: Building a specialized advanced find won't work because I need the ability to search ANY word -- today I want Disconnect tomorrow, latency, etc... Actually, an Advanced Find might be a good way to go, because you can save your Advanced F...

Important question about CRM Architecture
Do exchange server and crm server has to be in the same domain or only in the same forest ? Tnks in advance Only in the same forest (or (probably) in trusted domains from other forests) "Karolina" <Karolina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB033B64-A9C6-4146-9CBC-9CFA945EE1D6@microsoft.com... > > Do exchange server and crm server has to be in the same domain or only in > the same forest ? > > Tnks in advance ...

XslCompiledTransform Load method getting "Root element is missing" XSL Compile error...???
XslCompiledTransform xslt = new XslCompiledTransform(); ASCIIEncoding encodeToByteArray = new ASCIIEncoding(); MemoryStream inputStream = new MemoryStream(); MemoryStream outputStream = new MemoryStream(); MemoryStream xslStream = new MemoryStream(); String inputString = "<foo>Hello XSL</foo>"; byte[] inputArray = encodeToByteArray.GetBytes(inputString); //write the string buffer to the stream inputStream.Write(inputArray, 0, inputString.Length); Str...