Failing to Verify database in Crystal Reports - CRM 1.2

I'm trying to create custom reports based on custom fields that I have added
to CRM 1.2. I have read in this group that in order to see my custom fields
from Crystal I will have to first verify that database.  But when I tried to
Verify my database I got this error:

failed to load database information.
Details: The database DLL 'crdb_mscrm.dll' could not be loaded.

What I've done is launch Crystal 9.2.2 Pro. and used the 'Enterprise' button
to find an exsisting CRM Crystal Report to modify. I then select a report,
click the 'database' pull down menu and select 'verify database'.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Eric
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I tried the same thing on a Crystal Report 9.2.2 that was install locally on
the CRM server. This time I was able to verify my database. I was then able
to find fields that I had added to the CRM.

If any one know how to get this to work from a remote computer on the LAN
I'd love to know :) But as it is I can work and make some reports.

-Eric

"Eric Rist" wrote:

> I'm trying to create custom reports based on custom fields that I have added
> to CRM 1.2. I have read in this group that in order to see my custom fields
> from Crystal I will have to first verify that database.  But when I tried to
> Verify my database I got this error:
>
> failed to load database information.
> Details: The database DLL 'crdb_mscrm.dll' could not be loaded.
>
> What I've done is launch Crystal 9.2.2 Pro. and used the 'Enterprise' button
> to find an exsisting CRM Crystal Report to modify. I then select a report,
> click the 'database' pull down menu and select 'verify database'.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Eric

Sharing a Workbook #2
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I designed a finance matri for the company I work for so that the phone reps are able to decid whether or not an applicant qualifies for a credit card. The spreadsheet has a bunch of macros, drop down lists, and such. I is important that I track every 'set' of information that is keyed in. Right now, I have a button called "Submit" and it takes the info tha was keyed in, and stores it in another 'hidden' sheet in the workbook. I have 20 copies of the workbook, one for each employee. The proble arises when I need to make...

R2 Printer Deploy Fails
2003 standard server R2 with all XP Pro workstations. I am trying to deploy specific printers to specific departments via Group Policy. I go into active directory and drill down to a department and then to the computers in that department. I create and link a policy to the department and then edit the policy, adding the desired printers under deploy printers. I see the policy linked to the computers in the department and it is populated with the printers. It has been 4 days since I created it. Workstations have all been rebooted a number of times. Yet, it doesn't work. Does an...

signing in to windows live id failed
I cannot log into Windows Live Messenger. I get the following "We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger. Signing in to windows live messenger failed because the service is temporarly unavailable. Please try again later". This has been happening for the past 2 days and also appears to be affecting outlook connector as it keeps asking for a password. Solution found in Windows Live Solution Centre. As follows: Symptom: User experiences a sign in failure with error 80048820. Cause: Invalid characters in the first name of the user’s profile ...

Exchange logon fails from broadband NOT modem
When connecting from a hotel broadband through a Microsoft PPTP VPN connection, Outlook 2002 fails to authenticate to Exchange 2000 server. MSM 5.0 to Exchange does same thing: prompt for username/password/domain but always rejects entry for muliple accounts. The PC is Windows 2000 with all current SP and patches. The same PC has no trouble access file servers, the VPN, and Outlook Web Access using the same username. The same PC worked well on the same hotel broadband before. The same PC connects with no issues from Outlook 2002 when connecting through a dialup Internet connection through...

Trendline values #2
I used the function "LOGEST" to get an exponential fit of a series of numbers, which gives me a value of 1.0610. I also used "RSQ" function to get the R-square, which is 0.9442. Then I made a chart based on the same series of numbers and add trendline to the curve. I selected "Exponential" under "Type" and checked "Display equation on chart" and "Display R-Squared value on chart". The value shown on the chart is "y=3928.8e^0.0592x" and "R^2=0.9104". I expected to see "y=3928.8e^0.0610x" and "R^...

how do I enter data from 1 spreadsheet to another many times
I have on one page the basic data in singular line form, To translate this to a more readable form I made another page in the folder into a more readable form of which I can print and use away from the computer. I would like to know how can I use the form to copy the required data without the labor intensive re-entering in each form of a new form for each line in the oringinal data sheet. is there a formula or set of instructions that will do this automatically copying the desired cell onto the new page without all of the work? I hope I have expalined myself claearly since I'm a nov...

Realteck 5.1 (6 channel) sound problem
Hi, I have finally got round to connecting all my speakers up to my fairly new PC. I have a Soundblaster desktop 5.1 speaker system and my new mobo, aa ASrock N68PV-GS, has 3 rear connectors for the onboard Realtek ALC662 system. I connect up my 3 cables, Front Green to Green on the mobo, middle black/blue and the centre/bass pink/orange to the mic in. The Realteck control panel objects to this mic connection. No matter what I try I get everything via the two front speakers. All is set up to 5.1 in the control panel, I have checked all my cables are well seated and in good ...

Outlook 2003 email #2
i am new to the outlook software; currently beginning to use outlook 2003. i am receiving duplicate emails in my in-box; including all the emails i imported from my web based email, yahoo. how do i fix this problem? many thanks for any and every ones helpful guidance. happy new year, technot -- "the world will not solve it''s current problems with like-minded thinking." -Albert Einstein Not a techie here but I have had the same problem. I think that your Outlook profile is corrupt. You can create a new one and import the messages again from your backup. To create a ...

Making calls through CRM
Can I make calls to customers through CRM? The purpose of this is to automatically log or record the duration of the calls within the CRM system attached to the contact. I have been told that this capability is available in outlook, someone please let me know if and how I can do this within CRM. Thanks in Advance, -- Angie Cravens, CRM Rep You will need 2 things; 1. A TAPI compliant phone system, such as a 3com NBX unit or one of the many other newer phone systems. The TSP included will most likely give you the ability to start a phone call by clicking on a button in Outlook, b...

MS Money 2003 #2
I am trying to load MS Money on my PC running Win 2000. All I get is a menu bar that is minimized in the bottom of my screen. Nothing else. I have close virus check and zonealarm, but I can't get the software to install. ...

2 year Lifespan?---
I understand that MSMoney has some sort of built in lifespan of 2 years. What stops working after this date? Do I just buy the next version or is there a way round this? It is mainly the stuff related to online working which stops working, ie quote downloads and bank imports. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email r...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

Moving Database Paths on a cluster (5.5) KB278464
Config: - Win2k Cluster (SP4) - NT4 domain - Exchange 5.5 (SP4) Requirement: - Need to move the PRIV and PUB IS to a new drive. The KB article KB278464 outlines the correct proceedure, but lists Exchange 5.5 and OS NT4 in the "Applies to" section at the end of the article. My question is, will this proceedure also work properly on the Win2k OS? -- Tim. I believe it should work... "Tim Munro" <Plasmamage@ColdMail.com> wrote in message news:ODC2QsvfEHA.3024@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Config: > - Win2k Cluster (SP4) > - NT...

XML TreeNode.Parent property when using 2.0 TreeView?
How do I get a TreeNode.Parent property when using the 2.0 TreeView control? When the data source is an XML file there may be redundant names in the tree. For example, when a child node with the value of 'name' is selected I don't have a clue how to get the name of its parent which may be 'person' or 'school.' <%= Clinton Gallagher "clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> wrote in message news:%23erL6WOXFHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I get a TreeNode.Parent property when using the 2.0 TreeView > control? &...

CRM 1.2 unable to add users in OU but domain root OK.
Hello. I am having trouble adding users to CRM 1.2. If I try to add a CRM user from an OU in the domain with deployment manager or the web GUI it fails. If I add a user to CRM from the root of the domain the user is added fine to CRM. In our test environment I was able to add users to CRM that are in OU's in a test domain without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks!! Mike ...

Crystal Error with Stored Procedures
Failed to Load Database Information (ERROR) We got this message when we tried placing the Crystal Report we created onto MSCRM. We tried this on several machines via Crystal and Query Analyzer and it works.. We created our own Stored Procedures for to manipulate the MSCRM data (unsupported).. which was what our local MS Support suggested, now they realized that this was unsupported and wouldn't want to help us out. The Crystal Report we created creates temporary tables which are used by Crystal for some of the fields on the report.. this works fine on Crystal, but we get an error ...

selectobject fails
hi .... i have a hbitmap that i have got from loadimage function. However i want to use this image with a device whose bits per pixel is not same as bitmap. So how do i get a cbitmap out of this hbitmap whose bits per piuxel is same as that of my device??? Alternatively, how do i ensure that my SelectObject function does not fail ?? -prashant You can always do a StreatchDIB (or StreatchBLT) to streatch the bitmap into any device. Larry "Prashant" <prash_agr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46e55d8.0310280535.74267791@posting.google.com... > hi .... i have a hbitmap tha...

COUNTIF query #2
Hey all Hopefully a nice easy one.... We have a logging system, and the spreadsheet basically has the person name doing a call, what the call is and how long it took. This is use all day so loads of calls get logged by various people. Say column A is Persons name and Column B is time spent. I need calulation that checks how much time 'person 1', 'person 2', 'person 3 etc has spent on calls during the day and add's it all up. Please can someone show me how to do this, i have tried a COUNTIF bu cant quite get it to work. Many thanks in advance. Darren (digital_life...

CRM Time Stamp issue
When I check the properties of any of my activity records, the time stamps are incorrect, my server time settings are set to GMT, as are the crm system settings. If I create two tasks one after the other the time stamps could be an hour apart. Any ideas? ...

How to import marketing list. failing with permissions issue
I am trying to do the below in CRM 3.0 and it fails with a permissions issue. I am using the crmadmin account so I'm not sure what is causing the error. Can anyone assist? Using the Web interface: Tools Import Choose the attached file Record type: Lead Next Import to “Test 1” Marketing List Customer Type is “Contact” The mapping is correct Next Next at the next screen. Fails there for privileges. -- Thanks Dan ...

my switchboard prevents me making changes to the database
the database opens with a switchboard screen and doesn't provide access to all the database tools so I can make changes, open tables, etc. In Access 2000 and 2002 you would hold down the control or shift key when you opened the database and it turned off the switchboard control features to open normally. I'm using Office 2003. Is there a similar key to press and hold when you open a database to turn the switchboard feature off? Thanks! Holding down the shift key works exactly the same in Access 2003 as in previous versions. If it's not working for you, perhaps someone set ...

Export or Print multiple reports from one Access Report by Group
I have a sales report that is grouped by Salesperson. Each salesperson has multiple pages of the report and I need to either print it or export it to PDF as individual reports for each salesperson. Is there a way to export/print the report into seperate reports for each Salesperson? Thanks. I am pretty new to Access, but I have figured out how to get the report in the structure I want it. I just can't get the information out of the program in the format. I can print as one PDF document and then go and cut that up in Adobe, but I wanted to see if Access could do it for me and save ...

Link Error #2
I was able to use CL.exe to compile and link .cpp or .c file in a command line. But all in a sudden, I can not do this any more, as I always got such an error message: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents' I didn't do complicated compiling. e.g. I even tested with the "hello word" thing. cl hello.c where hello.c is just this: #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("hello world!\n"); } But again, this LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents' happens too! It seems something wrong with the path that CL....

Restoring and backup of Business Portal 2.5 feature pack
how can i backup and restore my business portal site(2.5 feature pack). The objective is to move it to a different location. I have tried using stsadm.exe tool but it is not successfull. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

CRM setup problem
Installed CRM product on Win 2000 SP3, SQL 2000 SP2 box. Install seems to have gone well. Later following reboot, when I brought up the CRM client in web browser mode, none of the drop down lists work on any of the pages like System Options or User Options. I get web page errors saying CLASS NOT REGISTERED. How can I correct this? I am able to do other things in the web client like add users, business units etc, just nothing that requires using a drop down list. ...