Failing to import the sample database: Adventure Works Cycle

I have installed the MSDN Subscriber version of MSCRM. I
have installed the license key  and have been awarded 6
professional key licenses. I have installed the system and
is working. When I want to import the sample database I am
getting an error that I don't have enough licenses. What
should I do.
0
Joachim
10/3/2003 6:36:17 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Joachim,

Did you already add the users to CRM?  This is a common mistake people make.
The sample data load will add the users into CRM and assign licenses to
them.  If you already did this, the 5 licenses are no longer available.  You
either need to remove the licenses form the users and then load the data
with 5 other users or you need to uninstall/reinstall.

Matt

"Joachim" <joachim@cyberplexafrica.com> wrote in message
I have installed the MSDN Subscriber version of MSCRM. I
have installed the license key  and have been awarded 6
professional key licenses. I have installed the system and
is working. When I want to import the sample database I am
getting an error that I don't have enough licenses. What
should I do.

0
Matt

MS CRM 4
Hi, We're using MS CRM 4.0. When we try to import customizations for a custom entity we keep getting the following error "Either the file could not be uploaded or import failed". It also says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it." We have already spent many hours trying to solve this, but without any success. Please help !!! Hi, This error typically comes when format of customization file is not proper. Can you please provide me more details. Please tell the details about system from which you have exporte...

export/import stock price from/to Money
I used Money 2003 in Taiwan (not USA). The stock is not USA stock, so I don't use the on-line update stock price. Is there any method to export/import my stock price. Even write a program to do that, it's OK for me. Thanks. ...

Importing CSV
Hi All, I have to import CSV files into excel. A regular issue with this is that often the CSV files will contain data (in this case account codes) that excel interprets as dates (such as '3-8000' being converted to 1 Mar 8000). Nothing unusual so far, in that we handle that issue by importing manually (External Data - Text import), and specifying that the field in question is imported as TEXT not GENERAL. However, I have a file that, when I double click on it, it opens up perfectly (except with dates where it should be text as outlined above), but if I manually import that f...

Do Not Deliver Before
When I select the option to not deliver the email before a date in the future it still sends it immediately. How can this be fixed? it's very dependant on the version and account type. if it doesn't work for you, there is nothing you can do. So... what version of outlook and what type of account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions C...

import data from Oracle database into Excel using vba
Has anyone an example of importing data from an Oracle database into Excel using VBA? ...

Can't Drag email to folders; works after restart.
So I've got a client that 's running XP2, Outlook 2007 using Exchange; he shows me that after a fresh restart he can drag and drop emails into folders in his inbox... But after 2-3hrs (literally) something happens that prevents him from being able to drag and drop to any folders...then after a restart, it works fine. He says this doesn't happen when using his laptop nor home machine. Which leads me to believe that it's some kind of configuration issue on his work box... anyone ever seen this before? Thanks and any help is appreciated! v12hcmf@gmail.com, you wrote on Fri, 9 ...

Offline Database #2
Hi When configure de database offline . The Database Offline is backup to the Database Primary or is better create a new Database from black. Thanks . create a new database from Blank. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. itjavi@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi > When configure de database offline . The Database Offline is backup to the > Database Primary or is better creat...

Importing Outlook Contact Note attachments? Is it possible?
Currently my company has a CRM set up using just Outlook. We are in the process of implementing MSCRM. As we are doing this one of the largest problems we have come across is getting all of the ntoes stored in a contacts note box imported to the CRM. Exporting the data out of Outlook seems to get some of the written notes in a distorted fashion. This distortion is probably due to the mail file links that are seperating each note in the box. Is it possible to export these notes in an organized manner and retain the links to the mail? This is a large part of our current CRM that NEEDS to ...

Linking a large database
Hello Access Experts, I'm trying to split some data (between Rural and Urban readings) into seperate tabs (Orig all in Urban Tab). The requirements between Urban and Rural is filtered differently, so I have to create diff Tables and Forms for rural. I'm trying to copy the format of the Urban tab and just eliminate and append approperiate data for the Rural tab. For the Urban Tab, I have a filter where it sorts the data from Business Unit --> District --> Plant # --> CP Area. I'm trying to do the same for the Rural Tab, except to link Business Unit --> District --> P...

While I am doing some work...
This should not be uncommon, so I apologize if this is trivial as well. In a simple form, I have a button that, after requesting confirmation (in a msgbox), launches a sub that takes some time to do the work. I have set the hourglass to true, and that is nice; however, when the msgbox goes away after the confirmation, my form is still in focus and buttons enabled. Needless to say, clicks on it are stacked up until the command finishes... not a pretty sight. What is the "standard know" on dealing with this problem? I am thinking a progress bar would do the trick......

Pulling data out of a large database
I am trying to build a file to pull information from a larger database and put it into summary file. I would like to be able to use criteria like >15 months and % range <100 to pull information about products from a larger database. A single row of data would have multiple columns. I need to be able to pull the entire row of data, that corresponds to the criteria, to the summary sheet. I hope this makes sense. Thanks Dave, You need to make an ODBC connection to the database and use MSQuery to query the data. Click on Data, Import External Data, New Database Query. In the...

Money 99 Quit Working
Yes, still using 99. Was working just fine last week, but now get, "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." View the error report and see, "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 7.5.16.1110 ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 7e312b59". Uninstalled and reinstalled from CD and still get same message. Tried downloading M2005 to convert files so I can upgrade and 2005 cannot restore back up file. Tried repairing back up file to no avail. Tax time cometh, so help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Send As Not Working
I have Exchange 2003 SP1. I am trying to just give a user send as permission (not send on behalf). I have followed the steps in KB281208, KB327000, and various other web sites that say pretty much the same thing as those two articles but it is still not working. They just keep getting an error saying that they don't have permission. Is there some other little setting needed to get it to work? Hi Patrick, give them "send as" permission via the securtiy tab in the object. It´┐Żll take up to two hours til changes get effective, because the informationstore is caching access ri...

duplicate deposits when importing bank xactions into Money
has anyone else experienced this? when i DL my xactions from the bank, Money takes my deposit and not only duplicates it, but also back dates the duplicate about 2 months, making it difficult to detect. anyone? anyone? thanks. Robin *who really doesn't think she's going crazy* In microsoft.public.money, Robin wrote: > >has anyone else experienced this? > >when i DL my xactions from the bank, Money takes my >deposit and not only duplicates it, but also back dates >the duplicate about 2 months, making it difficult to >detect. > >anyone? anyone...

Importing a DLL: calling function error.
I'm importing a DLL and when I call its function "vDecode" I get an error message (see below). I think that the reason is that the function prototype I have is wrong (the DLL documentation -below- could be wrong, old, obsolete). BUT maybe I'm not importing the DLL right (I have not much experience importing DLLs) I reproduce the code below (simplified). Am I forgetting to do something to make this function work? Thanks a lot! Ricardo. ---------------------------------------------------------------- THE ERROR ========= Debug Error! Program: ... PROYECTOS\_TESTS\Coder\Debu...

Minimize/Maximize, Restore Window buttons do not work
Buttons do appear in title bar of Excel program and in the individual worksheet, but clicking on any of them does not work. ...

Affects of cycle count while plant is conntinue to product product
I would like to setup "Count Intervals" in GP 9.0. The actual setup i can do, I am worried about what will happen if this runs while we are in the middle of productions order. At this time, we make the production order, then produce the product, then (most of the time the next day) close out the production order. My thoughts are that I would run the counts at night, but I know that not all the production orders will be closed. Will this cause a problem for process? ...

Excel fails to save
I have one spreadsheet that fails to save about 50% of the time. Is there a utility that I can run on my spreadsheet to try and identify the issue? What specifically happens when you try to save the file and it fails? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "ChrisH" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6307F8AF-FBEA-4DBD-A54E-84D7DC2C58B2@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet that fails to save about 50% of the time. >Is there a > utility that I can run on my spreadsheet to try a...

can't import pst file
get error message "File access is denied. You do not have permission to access the file C:\Data\Mike\Contacts\MP Outlook backup file.pst." Any worked with this before? Thanks. mike <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > get error message "File access is denied. You do not have > permission to access the file C:\Data\Mike\Contacts\MP > Outlook backup file.pst." What happens when you 1) make sure that file is not read-only and 2) use Outlook's File>Open command to open it? (Never import an existing PST file.) Okay, how do I make sure th...

Sort-function of AutoFilter doesn't work, when sheet is protected
Hi there, I have a sheet with some columns of locked cells and an AutoFilter in the header-line of the sheet. I have to protect the worksheet to protect the formulas in some cells. When protecting, I choose to allow all users to use AutoFilter and Sort function. However, when I open the sheet in protected mode, I can use the AutoFilter-function to filter the data, but then cannot sort the data. A warning appears, that I have to unprotect the sheet in order to sort. Has anyone got an idea how to solve that? I'm using Excel 2003 SP2. Lucas. Make sure that all the cells in the range ...

Linking To Networked Database
I have an application that is written in Access 2002. It consists of two databases. One containing the tables and the other the client application which links to the tables. On a single PC it works fine but when I put the database on to the server, as soon as I have linked the client app to the tables I get the message "Microsoft Addess has encountered a problem and needs to close. Is ther something that has to be changed before the app will work over a network? Incidentally, the computer on which it was written runs Vista whereas the client PC is on XP. The problem has ...

Office/Outllok updates failing
Hi, I am running dual boot XP (partition 1) and XP 64bit (partition 2), each with their own installed copy of Office 2003. The updates below will NOT install in the XP 64bit system. Update identifies them as needed, they dowload, but fail to install. Any help appreciated. Thanks Ron Update for Office 2003 (KB907417) Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB905648) Security Update for Outlook 2003 (KB892843) ...

how to do you work out persenages
how do i work out the forumula for dividing Hi Andy not sure what you're really after but say you have the following ..........A.............B...............C 1.....................Value...........% 2.......................20 3.......................40 4.......................10 5........Total.......70 and you want to determine what percentage of the Total each value is (ie the formula for column C) then in C2 =B2/$B$5 and then fill down (move mouse over bottom right hand corner of the cell and when you see a + double click) (delete C5 if required) now select C2 through C4 and click o...

Install fails due to error opening a Registry Key
When I try to install on a new copy of WinXP Publisher 2002 which has previously run ok, it stops and states that perhaps I am not the administrator (not true) and that it can't open the Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.pps\PersistantHandler I can see this key is not set on my machine, as I have no other office products installed now. Do a virus/malware scan. I tried finding a definitive answer for you, I read many articles, most of which seemed to suggest a scan would help. Has Publisher 2002 been installed on this computer before? Are you overwriting ...

Hyperlink not working
I'm working with Excel 2002 and what to make a hyperlink into anothe xls file using the hyperlink function, I use this string: ("[C:\Documents and Settings\Al Users\Documents\november.xls]daily",("daily file")) where november.xls is the file I want to open and daily is the specifi worsheet, daily file is what apears on the hyperlink, when I hit th Hyperlin it does open the november file but does not take me to th daily worksheet and opens a "Reference is not valid" sign, I have mak sure that the daily Ws exists and have tried with other WS in the sam file w...