Failed to install MSI part of Microsoft CRM Server setup 09-18-03

Hi,

When i m going to Install MS CRM 1.0. I got a Fatal Error

1) Installation ended permaturely because of an error "OK"
when i click OK button it gives me another error message
2) Failed to install MS CRM
   failed to install MSI part of MS CRM Server setup
   unspecified error
   80004005

I got information from "Matt Parks's" (DATE 9/16/2003
10:23:23 AM)reply but still i have same problem
I am installing MS CRM on Domain Controller.(is it
problem?)

Thanks,
Sambhaji

0
Sambhaji
9/18/2003 1:45:12 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C37E9B.E62E98F0

Hi,
I still got the same error,too.But maybe this serves for you.I get this =
from CRM docs.
During Microsoft CRM Setup, you must use a Web site that uses a local =
folder location in the Path field on the Home

Directory in the IIS console. During Microsoft CRM Setup, if you =
specifying a Web site that uses a "home" network

shared folder on another server, Microsoft CRM Setup fails with errors =
such as the following:

"Error 1327. Invalid Drive: H:\"

"Installation failed prematurely..."

"Failed to install Microsoft CRM Server."

"Failed to Install MSI part of Microsoft CRM Server Setup."

"Unspecified error"

"(80004005)"

Before you install Microsoft CRM, review your server installations and =
note the following:

.. Windows 2000 Server components and services

.. Internet Information Services (IIS) - IIS must be installed and the =
services started.

.. Windows Indexing Service - Indexing services must be started on the =
installation computer.

.. Microsoft Message Queuing Service - This service must be installed as =
a Message Queuing Server and started.

.. Active Directory must be in native mode.

.. Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is installed.

The SQL Server service and SQL Server Agent must be started on the SQL =
Server computer.

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.7a

"Sambhaji" <sambhajichavan@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
> Hi,
>=20
> When i m going to Install MS CRM 1.0. I got a Fatal Error=20
>=20
> 1) Installation ended permaturely because of an error "OK"
> when i click OK button it gives me another error message=20
> 2) Failed to install MS CRM
>    failed to install MSI part of MS CRM Server setup
>    unspecified error
>    80004005=20
>=20
> I got information from "Matt Parks's" (DATE 9/16/2003=20
> 10:23:23 AM)reply but still i have same problem
> I am installing MS CRM on Domain Controller.(is it=20
> problem?)
>=20
>=20
> Thanks,
> Sambhaji

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C37E9B.E62E98F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I still got the same error,too.But =
maybe this=20
serves for you.I get this from CRM docs.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>During Microsoft CRM Setup, you must use =
a Web site=20
that uses a local folder location in the Path field on the =
Home</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Directory in the IIS console. During =
Microsoft CRM=20
Setup, if you specifying a Web site that uses a "home" =
network</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>shared folder on another server, =
Microsoft CRM Setup=20
fails with errors such as the following:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Error 1327. Invalid Drive: =
H:\"</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Installation failed =
prematurely..."</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Failed to install Microsoft CRM =
Server."</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Failed to Install MSI part of Microsoft =
CRM Server=20
Setup."</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Unspecified error"</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"(80004005)"</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Before you install Microsoft CRM, review =
your server=20
installations and note the following:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>=95 Windows 2000 Server components and=20
services</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>=95 Internet Information Services (IIS) - =
IIS must be=20
installed and the services started.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>=95 Windows Indexing Service - Indexing =
services must=20
be started on the installation computer.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>=95 Microsoft Message Queuing Service - =
This service=20
must be installed as a Message Queuing Server and started.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>=95 Active Directory must be in native =
mode.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>=95 Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 =
(SP3) is=20
installed.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The SQL Server service and SQL Server =
Agent must be=20
started on the SQL Server computer.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC)=20
2.7a</FONT></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Sambhaji" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:sambhajichavan@hotmail.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>sambhajichavan@hotmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote=20
in message </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:110401c37deb$1506ce60$a101280a@phx.gbl"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:110401c37deb$1506ce60$a101280a@phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
Hi,<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; When i m going to Install MS CRM 1.0. I got a Fatal Error =
<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; 1) Installation ended permaturely because of an error =
"OK"<BR>&gt; when=20
i click OK button it gives me another error message <BR>&gt; 2) Failed =
to=20
install MS CRM<BR>&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; failed to install MSI part of MS CRM =
Server=20
setup<BR>&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; unspecified error<BR>&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; =
80004005=20
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I got information from "Matt Parks's" (DATE 9/16/2003 =
<BR>&gt;=20
10:23:23 AM)reply but still i have same problem<BR>&gt; I am installing =
MS CRM=20
on Domain Controller.(is it <BR>&gt; problem?)<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =

Thanks,<BR>&gt; Sambhaji<BR>&gt; </FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C37E9B.E62E98F0--

0
Derda
9/19/2003 7:50:54 AM
It is possible that the error message you are receiving
is related to installing CRM on a domain controller.
Installing CRM on a domain controller is not
a "supported" setup. I have seen this error when there
are problems with DNS, so I would check your DNS settings.

Annie

0
Annie
9/22/2003 12:37:35 AM
"Annie" <wedev2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<08e501c380a1$b7ae4f90$a001280a@phx.gbl>...
> It is possible that the error message you are receiving
> is related to installing CRM on a domain controller.
> Installing CRM on a domain controller is not
> a "supported" setup. I have seen this error when there
> are problems with DNS, so I would check your DNS settings.
>
> Annie

I was also having this problem. I had the install folder on the
desktop of my server (because I pulled it from network share).
Essentially the path to get to the install exe was c:\documents and
settings\username\desktop. It wouldn't install successfully. I moved
the folder to the root of the c: drive, so that the path to the
splash.exe or setup.exe (whichever you want) file was only
c:\crm\splash.exe. Worked great! Seemed like a very odd workaround but
it worked.
0
jsajdak1

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Microsoft Shortcut Bar
I can't find the shortcut bar in Office 2003? What gives? M S B Office 2003 was "improved" by removing the office shortcut bar. The osb from an earlier version will work in 2003 ( I'm told). You can also use the quick launch toolbar in windows as a substitute or look for a third party utility. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA P.S. - OfficeXP was improved by removing office binder. "Microsoft Shortcut Bar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8589232-F585-4C9D-8F63-FA8B0AB63315@microsoft.com... > I can't find the shortcut ...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

Relay from unstruted server

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Relay Servers?