Failed to import sample data to CRM 3.0 beta

Hello,

I've same big problems while trying to import the sample database with
the wizard.
Importing the users ist ok but the, the following error occurs (lots of
them):

Sample Data Wizard started at 14.11.2005 15:19:59

Refresh with new data set started at   -  14.11.2005 15:21:57

fetch organization  -  14.11.2005 15:22:35

Created Business Units and Users.  -  14.11.2005 15:23:59

Imported workflows.  -  14.11.2005 15:25:20

Created Emails  -  14.11.2005 15:25:20

Created Subjects.  -  14.11.2005 15:25:21

Created Territories.  -  14.11.2005 15:25:21

Created Teams.  -  14.11.2005 15:25:21

<detail><error>
<code>0x80040220</code>
<description>The user does not hold the necessary
privileges.</description>
<type>Platform</type>
</error></detail>  -  14.11.2005 15:25:21

Error occurred while creating competitors.  -  14.11.2005 15:25:21

The wizard finishes without displaying any error, but the database
isn't complete (i.e. no products).
Can anybody please give me a hint?

Many thanks!

Reagrds
Michael

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Specific questions related to the Installation, Configuration and/or usage
of CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access newsgroup.  For connection
details see:

https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc

All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

"m.kreitmann@gmx.net" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've same big problems while trying to import the sample database with
> the wizard.
> Importing the users ist ok but the, the following error occurs (lots of
> them):
>

> Sample Data Wizard started at 14.11.2005 15:19:59
>
> Refresh with new data set started at   -  14.11.2005 15:21:57
>
> fetch organization  -  14.11.2005 15:22:35
>
> Created Business Units and Users.  -  14.11.2005 15:23:59
>
> Imported workflows.  -  14.11.2005 15:25:20
>
> Created Emails  -  14.11.2005 15:25:20
>
> Created Subjects.  -  14.11.2005 15:25:21
>
> Created Territories.  -  14.11.2005 15:25:21
>
> Created Teams.  -  14.11.2005 15:25:21
>
> <detail><error>
> <code>0x80040220</code>
> <description>The user does not hold the necessary
> privileges.</description>
> <type>Platform</type>
> </error></detail>  -  14.11.2005 15:25:21
>
> Error occurred while creating competitors.  -  14.11.2005 15:25:21
>
> The wizard finishes without displaying any error, but the database
> isn't complete (i.e. no products).
> Can anybody please give me a hint?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Reagrds
> Michael

Some links:

My Blog about CRM 3.0

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

mail me mscrmexpert@gmail.com

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Online Help
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=309129a8-

9a6b-478a-87c8-fd7e7e1e6486

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-

4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a

Microsoft CRM 3.0 SDK - Preliminary
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9c178b68-

3a06-4898-bc83-bd14b74308c5

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Customization Planning Forms
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=269D900E-

8442-4086-92A9-7FC851BC5985

Upgrading Supported Microsoft CRM 1.2 Environments to Microsoft

CRM 3.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=DCC9A13E-

A77E-483C-A3F0-F606A4E0B8D9

Upgrading Unsupported Microsoft CRM 1.2 Environments to Microsoft

CRM 3.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=F3C11BF2-

83B2-435C-98D3-63D221C000E7

For Beta access

Specific questions related to the Installation, Configuration

and/or usage of CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access

newsgroup.  For connection details see:

https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc

Thanks,
http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

CRM 3.0 on Outlook 2007
Hello, I installed the spanish version of CRM Client on my Outlook 2007. I noticed the user interface has changed. With this version any time I click on a CRM entity it pops up an Internet Explorer window. Is this normal or should I still be seing the data On oultook application (that was the case of CRM for Outlook 2003)? Regards, Irene Nothing changed (assuming you are reffering to the v3c update) in this regard. The CRM for Outlook client has typically opened browser pages. The only exception was if you double clicked on the core Outlook items. Basically, if you click from an O...

DAO is less relevent than Wnidows 3.1
why do you diptards still use DAO again? why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon " S u s i e D B A [ M S FT ] " <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com> wrote: >why do you diptards still use DAO again? > >why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? > >Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon Note that this person is really A a r o n K e m p f and that he is not an employee of Microsoft. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond onl...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

CRM / SQL Reporting Co-Exist
We are trying to run Microsoft CRM and SQL Server Reporting on the same server. We have experiemented with several approaches but with no luck. Either SQL Server Reporting's Report Manager will not run with an error that session state in disenabled in ASP.Net or I get an error that there is a problem with the assembly Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Types. Does anyone know where I could find a document on how to make CRM and SQL Reporting co-exist on the same or server. It must be possible since many people run Small Business Server 2000 or 2003. Regards, George Vessels ...

Excel/Visio Form for entering data
I've seen this done before, just trying to figure out how to accomplish it. I have an Excel spreadsheet containing a Visio network diagram with text fields for entering data (IP addresses, etc). I'm trying to recreate this form with a new diagram. Once I've pasted the Visio diagram into Excel, I'm having difficulty getting Excel to allow me to specify fields and enter data. There has to be an easy way to do this. Anyone have a good resource or know how to do it? ...

Copy field data to multiple places

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

find column with text data in row 1
I have the following macro which bounces me back and forth between b:k and m:u Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick( _ ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(target, Range("B:J")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, 11).Select If Not Intersect(target, Range("M:U")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, -11).Select End Sub Now I would like to build on that. My K Column is my delimiter with the static text 'Totals'. I would like to be able to have the functionality of the above without have the number of columns static, so...

WSUS failed during uninstall
I was trying to install Windows Update Services 3.0 SP2 and my server shutdown unexpectedly. Then, when I tried to uninstall, it failed. Now I can neither update or uninstall. Does anyone know how to manually uninstall WSUS 3.0 SP1 and 2? What errors are you seeing? If the server "shut down" then the uninstall should've been rolled back. If, however, the server unexpected lost power or blue-screened without a proper shutdown, you probably have larger issues and the WSUS issues are just a symptom. Knowing what is happening in detail would be beneficial in ...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

System State Backup Fails repeatedly
This is happening on a SBS 2003 Premium Server (SP2 installed). This has been an ongoing issue since a Raid 1 Array / Controller (Promise TX2300) has been added to the system. THe old RAID 1 array (Silicon Image) is still in the system, but the drive letters where changed to higher letters for the sake of having the ability to copy data from old to new. THe server appears to function normally other than this problem. The OS and data was restored to the new new raid array using Windows Backup. The same original drive letters are still there, just now mapping to the volumes o...

Importing a Lotus file with a *.123 extension
My company uses Excel 97 and 2000 and we've received a Lotus file with a *.123 extension. Excel will not allow me to open it as it does not have the *.wk? format. I searched the web and while I found numerous people with the same problem I found no one who had the conversion answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Find someone with Lotus ver 9 or higher. Have them open the file, and save it as *.wk4 If you dont have Lotus available and want you can send it to me and I will do it for you Thanks "jim" <jimsto@gorbel.com> wrote in message news:088d01c35...

MSX 5.5: Import von Adressen in einen Verteiler
Hallo, ich habe einen 5.5 Sp4 Server und muss eine lange liste von email-adressen in einen Verteiler aufnehmen. Die email-adressen liegen mir als textfile im Format Name, Vorname, email-adresse vor. Kann ich ein solches Textfile irgendwie in einen Verteiler importieren ? Danke Steffen Meier schrieb: > Kann ich ein solches Textfile irgendwie in einen Verteiler importieren ? Hallo Steffen, schau mal hier rein: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uJoyl4NwDHA.2396%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl -- ..:Daniel Melanchthon:. Technologieberater - Exchange Server http://blogs.technet.com...

DSUM #3
[Excel 2003] I have a worksheet that looks something like this: A B C Charge Payable Paid $100.00 Y $650.25 Y $ 25.00 N 10/1/2007 $ 85.75 Y I would like to place a formula in a cell that will return the sum of all expenses in column A for rows which have a "Y" in column B and no value in column C. I think DSUM is the function to use, and I have read several help pages on it, but no formula I have tried has actually worked. I would appreciate any help. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(A2:A10...

Data from Access query to Excel
To pull data from an Access 2003 database, I have created the queries in Access, then import into Excel. The problem is that all the numbers that are pulled into Excel are text and need to convert them into numbers to run formulas on. I have converted a few sheets by hand, but, some have will over 50,000 rows. Is there a function to select all number colums (the colums are the same through out the sheets) and convert? Thanks There are instructions here for converting text to numbers: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html You can select all the columns, and only the num...

User status in Sharepoint 3.0
I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is there away to do this with out office Communicator or free software to do this? We are a small company with about 10 users. Nothing I'm aware of. This is built in integration with the OCS platform. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089333D7-F0D4-4994-87E3-74A387AE33D0@microsoft.com... > I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is > there > away to...

Trying to install Microsoft CRM with OutLook on Windows 2000
When trying install MS CRM 1.2 disk 2 (Sales for Outlook), I am prevented from completing the install as I get the message "installation failed" "you must install SQL Desktop Server Engine separately". When trying to install it separately the setup seems to start running then stops after extracting files and doesn't complete. There are no error messages and nothing in the Event Viewer ? If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for your help. Hi Installation take bit time,you have to wait.it updates with sp-3 etc.. Regards, Bhaskar.T "dhawgood" ...

How to delete duplicate data
Hi, I am using excel to consolidate monthly room booking data. I have a date column and time column. May I know how to to delete those rows which contains duplicate data with same date stated in the date columnand and same time range in the time column? Thank you. Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F45DAE2B-252D-4E17-81D8-0F4C060BCB21@m...

Contact file not visible when importing or exporting contacts
I'm tidying up all my contacts files for email and also for my mobile ph using outlook. Have done this many times without any problems and am familiar with import export process. I exported all the contacts to an excel file to work on as it's much easier than through outlook. Had a hiccup at first as when I got to the select a contact file to export there was just a blank space. I exited outlook and went back in and it was all OK. Now I've finished the excel spreadhsheet and want to reimport it but it's the same problem in reverse. I can't "see" a co...

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

Scrpit when trying to change CRM option in Outlook client
Hi there, I get the attached script error when i try to change the MSCRM Option in MSCRM Outlook client and it does not accept my changes. An error has occoured in the script on this page. Line:381 Char:1 Error: Type Mismatch code:0 URL:http://localhost2525/tools/personalsettings/dialogs/personalsettings.aspx?clientid= etc etc Please let me know if any one knows how to fix this issue, thanks. Kyaw ...

Cannot get CRM client for Outlook online
One of my customer's employees is having problems to get his CRM client for Outlook online (version 3.0). The error he is receiving says: "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.". In the event log we find the following warning message: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSCRMAddressBook Event Category: None Event ID: 6425 Date: 10/12/2006 Time: 1:53:18 PM User: N/A Computer: AVELTP0131 Description: The current user does not have permission to use the Microsoft CRM Address Book. Contact the system administr...

Compressed Outlined Data Copy
I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all the rows when they are expanded. When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within the group, and not just the compressed data. For example: I need just the following (which is compressed): Ship $ Line $5,278.00 CYP Total $133,122.00 TI Total $34,660,135.00 Vic Total $34,798,535.00 Grand Total when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the compression), it pastes 16 lines: Ship $ Line $123.00 CYP $44.00 CYP $4,444.00 CYP $667.00 CYP $5,278.00 CYP Total $123,124.00 TI $...

inverting data #2
Please help, I'm stuck! I conducted a survey where respondants each gave answers to 30 questions using a Likert scale i.e. they answered either 1,2,3,4 or 5 to each question. The data is in the following form: Question # q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 1 2 4 2 1 2 2 4 1 2 1 4 3 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 3 2 2 5 5 2 3 4 5 3 My problem is that half of the questions were asked in a negative direction to avoid possible response bias. For the answers to these questions, I need to reverse the answers. If the repondant answered 1, I want to record 5, if 2 then 4, if 3 then 3, if 4 then 2, if 5 then 1. Is there an...

upgrade #3
Hello, I just received an e-mail from my bank which states they will no longer be supporting MS Money 2000 or 2001. I currently have Money 2000. I am looking to upgrade, however do NOT wish to lose any of my financial data or the ease of epaying my bills. When I upgrade, do I delete the old MS Money and leave the *.mny file ? Or do I complete an install and let Money 05 remove the old MS Money ? thanks for your help, Jason Already replied to. "dejaking" <dejaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB6DD057-70DF-404A-AD65-CE0E914B366D@microsoft.com.....