Extra blank pages in my Reports in SRS

I have build probably 15 reports using SQl 2005 Business Intelligence Dev
Studio.  For some reason, even though I have ever single "insert a page break
after" UNCHECKED, when I upload my report to CRM and print it, it ALWAYS
prints an extra page (or 2 or 3 or 4).

Am I missing something obvious?

-Melissa
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Are these blanks pages on every other page (Page 1 has data, page 2 blank,
page 3 has data, etc)? Could be a layout page issue. If any Report controls
(textbox, table, matix) goes further than your margins allow (even just a
little bit), you'll have blank pages. So, if you have an 8.5" page width and
your margins are .5 on either side, if you go past 7.5" on the layout page,
you'll create blank pages...

"Melissa Ragsdale" wrote:

> I have build probably 15 reports using SQl 2005 Business Intelligence Dev
> Studio.  For some reason, even though I have ever single "insert a page break
> after" UNCHECKED, when I upload my report to CRM and print it, it ALWAYS
> prints an extra page (or 2 or 3 or 4).
>
> Am I missing something obvious?
>
> -Melissa
The every other page issue solves 1 problem, but not on my most recent
report.  In my preview in SQL BI it is perfect.  When I load it into CRM, the
preview is perfect, until I hit the Print button and preview it there.  That
is when I have data on page 1, blanks on page 2, 3, & 4, data on page 5
(which should be my page 2) , then blanks on pages 6 & 7.  There is no rhyme
or reason.

Melissa

"MD" wrote:

> Are these blanks pages on every other page (Page 1 has data, page 2 blank,
> page 3 has data, etc)? Could be a layout page issue. If any Report controls
> (textbox, table, matix) goes further than your margins allow (even just a
> little bit), you'll have blank pages. So, if you have an 8.5" page width and
> your margins are .5 on either side, if you go past 7.5" on the layout page,
> you'll create blank pages...
>
> "Melissa Ragsdale" wrote:
>
> > I have build probably 15 reports using SQl 2005 Business Intelligence Dev
> > Studio.  For some reason, even though I have ever single "insert a page break
> > after" UNCHECKED, when I upload my report to CRM and print it, it ALWAYS
> > prints an extra page (or 2 or 3 or 4).
> >
> > Am I missing something obvious?
> >
> > -Melissa
The problem could be the width of the Body element in the report, as this
element (+margins) needs to fit within the width of the Report element
--
David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk

"Melissa Ragsdale" wrote:

> The every other page issue solves 1 problem, but not on my most recent
> report.  In my preview in SQL BI it is perfect.  When I load it into CRM, the
> preview is perfect, until I hit the Print button and preview it there.  That
> is when I have data on page 1, blanks on page 2, 3, & 4, data on page 5
> (which should be my page 2) , then blanks on pages 6 & 7.  There is no rhyme
> or reason.
>
> Melissa
>
> "MD" wrote:
>
> > Are these blanks pages on every other page (Page 1 has data, page 2 blank,
> > page 3 has data, etc)? Could be a layout page issue. If any Report controls
> > (textbox, table, matix) goes further than your margins allow (even just a
> > little bit), you'll have blank pages. So, if you have an 8.5" page width and
> > your margins are .5 on either side, if you go past 7.5" on the layout page,
> > you'll create blank pages...
> >
> > "Melissa Ragsdale" wrote:
> >
> > > I have build probably 15 reports using SQl 2005 Business Intelligence Dev
> > > Studio.  For some reason, even though I have ever single "insert a page break
> > > after" UNCHECKED, when I upload my report to CRM and print it, it ALWAYS
> > > prints an extra page (or 2 or 3 or 4).
> > >
> > > Am I missing something obvious?
> > >
> > > -Melissa

Mail merge from more then 1 page or how to enlarge page size ?
Hello everyone! There is a well known problem that tipically you cannot perform mail merge from more then 1 page.That is - you select contacts from the first page,do merge,then go to the next one ....and have to repeat the same.When you have more then 3000 contacts it is very very inconvinient.So I thought if it is possible to enlarge the page size.I managed to do it up to 500 records per page but it is not enough!Please help me! A workaround (which will NOT create activities againgst the records in CRM) is: Modify the Advanced Find view to include the required fields Filter the records ...

Crystal Reports Error
Hi, I get this error when I try to run some customized crystal reports from GP9. any ideas? Thanks Not much to go by now, isn't it? -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "GPUser" wrote: > Hi, > > I get this error when I try to run some customized crystal reports from GP9. > > any ideas? > > Thanks > sorry the error is: Error Number: -2147206429 was generated by cry...

web pages in visio professional 2002 SR-1
A coworker of mine has visio 2000. When he saves a visio flowchart as a web page I comes out perfect with no intervention required at all. The flowchart is a good size so you can read it and there is a black bar across the bottom which allows you to scroll between pages. I'm trying to duplicate the output that he is getting the only diffence is that I'm using visio professional 2002 SR-1. The output that I'm getting is fit to page with tabs at the bottom of the explorer screen that allow you to flip between pages. Any idea how to get the same output that my coworker i...

Investing Home Page calculating portfolio value wrong
I have been meeting to ask about this for 2 versions. When you click the investing menu choice at the top of the form that displays you get a list of all of your Investing accounts, Current value, Value as of 1 month ago, and gain since opening date. You also get a total line. The total line is not the total of all the accounts. If I click on View my portfolio you go into Portfolio Manager and the total is correct. What else is the Investing Home Page including in the total? ...

Print even or odd pages ONLY
I have a 200 page publication that I have created in Mspub2003 and need to be able to print first only even pages, then odd pages on the back side of the first print. I can do this in Word but can't find the option in Pub. Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Ken Like I said before, it's very tempting to compare Word and Publisher but you can't depend on those two programs having the same features. I will assume that you have some sort of .pdf creating software on your system. (Most of us who use Publisher do. If you don't, you should.) Adobe Reader will allow you ...

Advance Report Writer #2
When printing invoices, my company keeps a copy for our records, mails one to the customer and, if applicable, sends one to the appropriate salesperson. When using GPA 9.5 (MS-DOS), we used 3 part invoices and a dot matrix printer to accomplish this. We can, of course, simply print 3 copies of the invoice when we print, but there is no way to distinguish our copy from the customer's copy etc. Question: In Report Writer, is there a way, using the headers/footers perhaps, to make the Blank Invoice Form automatically print 3 times, with 3 separate headings: ie. "Customer Cop...

Field shows up blank but actually has value in it when clicked
I imported data into customised fields, and when viewing the list of accounts across fields, I see all data except for one field, which show as blank. When i double-click to open up more detail for any account, the field in question shows a numeric value (as it should). How can i make this value show up in the normal accounts view? ...

How do I keep page breaks for each page in a sheet without the co.
I have vertical pages with page breaks in between. Every time I open the document the content has gone outside the page breaks. So I either have to move the page break or re-cut and paste the content. I want to set the content inside each page without it going out of the page. ...

Page viwere web part and access based enumaration
I have 50 sales reps that need access to files on an internal server. The easiest way to do this is through our MOSS 2007 site, published through ISA. There are files that they can all see, and files that are tailored to the individual reps. I was thinking of a single share to deposit the public documents and invidual folders inside that share, with only the individual permissions and using Access Based Enum on my Windows server. However, I don't seem to get Sharepoint to get this to work. I want the rep to see all public document and a single folder with his name. I se...

Major Flaws and bugs- Reported but not fixed- 4 YEARS running!
If you are Retail business owner or support person and you use RMS, then please read and comment on the following in RMS... Regarding Flaws, Bugs, etc. Does any one on this forum use work orders to do special orders for customers? I do- It works great except for ONE VERY MAJOR flaw. Lets say I have a customer who wants to order something that I do not have in stock or do not carry in my store, but what I can order in from my vendor. So I create a Work Order and order for lets say 12 different special order Items (products) that I do not normally carry in my store. So the next time I do a ...

Ignore blank thread
Hi All, I just learnt the option "Ignore Blank" in Data validation As I understood, this option eliminates blank entries which are at the end of list. But my list has blank entries in between. Please some one suggest me how can I eleminate these blank cells which appear at the middle of my list. Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestion Raj --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The 'Ignore Blank' setting can't eliminate blanks in the middle of your list. Why do you need them? Can you sort the list so all the blanks appear at the end of the li...

Error in AVERAGE(IF...) formula; involves Zero Value and Blank Cells
Hi there, I am getting an error in this formula: =AVERAGE(IF(($Y13:AH13<>0)*($Y$10:AH$10<>0),$Y13:AH13/$Y$10:AH $10))*100 Excel states that a value used in the formula is of the wrong data type, and the calculation steps underlines the first ($Y13:AH13 and results in #Value!<>0. The long-hand way of typing it is (up to column AG): =(((Y13/Y$10)+(Z13/Z$10)+(AA13/AA$10)+(AB13/AB$10)+(AC13/AC$10)+(AD13/ AD$10)+(AE13/AE$10)+(AF13/AF$10)+(AG13/AG$10))*100)/ COUNT(Y13,Z13,AA13,AB13,AC13,AD13,AE13,AF13,AG13) The data values, which are student scores on assignments, are currently ...

Help me run a customer report
I need to know if there is a way to run a report so I may get a list of all customers that purchased products in one of our retail departments to send a flyer too in the future. There's a mailing list report in the Reports Library on Customer Source. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "misshettie" <misshettie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Open to buy reporting
I need to know if th RMS system is able to do reporting on open to buy for available purchase orders based on reciepts and sales. -- Joe It's not provided out of the box. I believe that a couple of partners have posted here that they either have or are working on an Open to Buy add-in - try searching the newsgroup. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Joey@leg...

Error when adding a report
Hi, I created a new report. when I try to add it to CRM, I get a "An error occured. Contact your administrator" error message. My CRM user has the System Admin role and I am an Enterprise Admin. I can add the report using the Reporting Services website and I see it under Reports in CRM. I can also run the report. But if I try to edit the report I get that that "An error has occured. Contact your admin" error message. Is this a permission issue? Something I'm missing? Thanks! Simon Found a solution to my problem. Had to add a service account to the publish t...

context sensitive reports (as opposed to prefiltering)
Hello all I created a report that used pre-filtering and this works fine, I would however like the report to default to display e.g. just the phone calls that are displayed in the current window (those associated with the case that I am currently in). I cannot seem to get it to do this, but I am sure that I have done so before. Can anyone help? TIA Saira ...

Blank user name for syncronization.
Hey everyone: My palm 505 and my Outlook 2002 are not synchronizing at home. It works just fine at the office. When I push the sync button the compter screen does not come up with a user name. This is getting a bit tiresome, can someone please help? JMAC out ...

ActiveX Control Property Pages "Apply" button
Hi, I am working on a customer issue. We have developed a ActiveX control which is having 2 property Pages when user selects "properties" from right click menu. on the property pages we have simple list boxes and edit controls for user configuration. The Problem I am facing is that when in Property Page 1 is user enters any entry in the edit control and switched to property page 2 then previous edit is automatically applied to my ActiveX Control and Apply button is getting disabled. Same happens when user switches between the pages. Normally ActiveX control OLEControl displa...

Spending by Category Report
I am using Money 2006 and trying to get a snapshot of my spending over the last 6 months by category. I am using the standard report for this, but for some reason I can't get it to show all my tranfers on the report. I have a lot of $ transferred each month to kids 529 accounts or IRAs and I want to see what my monthly "Grand Total" is including these transfers. I can't find any way to tell money to subtract these from the total in the reports. There is a "Transfer" category on the report, but the only thing it shows is a transfer for the principle paid o...

Having Word Print Blanks
I teach school and I would like to be able to have a document where I can have the answers to questions show up on the screen but be blank when I print them out. Is there anyway I can make word leave things blank only when I print them? Have the background of your document black, and make the text white, then don't let it print the background. "Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE79E8DD-FCD8-435E-8E2A-EC77E4F56416@microsoft.com... :I teach school and I would like to be able to have a document where I can : have the answers to que...

Help sought for IE8.0 to display a web page.
Dear Sir, I am able to view the webpage forum.avira.com with its layout when I am logging on to my PC as 'any other user'. But the web page is not displayed correctly with its layout when I am logging on as 'administator'. It is showing at the end 'errors on the web page' icon. How is this possible? How to get the page displayed when I am logging on as administrator? Thanking you and expecting your posts, Yours sincerely, R. GANESAN. Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and seek support in IE General newsgroup:...

Is Null in a Report
I'm using a list box to open a report for a specific record. I'm using a report query for the report. The data in the list box updates the query. It work fine except I would like to add some error handling before the report is loaded. I would like to check to see if there is any data, if it is "null" or no data provide a message box and exit before the report is loaded. I cant seam to get pasted the if statement to check for the null. There must be an easier way to get this accomplished. Any help would be appreciated. Private Sub List14_AfterUpdate() On...

Reports Guide
Is there a guide I can download of all the different GP reports and that describes the reports and how to decipher the different fields? There are sample reports guides available on CustomerSource. However, not every report is listed. Additionally, some reports use temporary tables which are generated at runtime. What are you trying to do? -- Charles Allen, MVP "tstrop" wrote: > Is there a guide I can download of all the different GP reports and that > describes the reports and how to decipher the different fields? ...

Variable lines on a report
I am trying to prepare a report that will include, on each page, a variable number of lines for people to write on. At the top of the page, I am printing some memo fields, which are of varying lengths but short enough that there will always be blank space at the bottom of the page. The detail section will each be on its own page. At the bottom of the page, I want to add lines for people to write names and dates. Think of it as a library card on 8.5"x11" paper with a description of the item at the top and a place to record checking out of material below. I would like to h...

Adding running balance/sum to GL Trial balance report
Dear All, I'm having a problem getting the right formula to calculate the running balance for each transaction of an account in GL Trial Balance. I tried Beginning balance + Debit Amt - Credit Amt. But it doesn't give the right sum. Does anyone have any ideas? Another problem I have is in Dexterity. In PDK, I have added a field in the Company Login window to display the names of some virtual companies. I have added a trigger to the window to run after the original. But I dont see the alternate window at all. My code is probably wrong. where should I attach the trigger? Thanks ...