External E-mail to POP3 Connector Manager to CRM

Hi!

I'm currently hosting my E-mail using Qmail in a linux machine. As I
understand that the only way for E-mails to get into CRM is by using Exchange
Server. So, my integration setup is as follows... (Please advice if I am
wrong)

Qmail Linux (POP3 Server) -> Exchange POP3 Connector Manager -> Exchange
Mail Box -> Exchange Router -> MSCRM.

Things that are working correctly
- MSCRM is able to send out E-mail via Exchange Router.
- Able to receive external E-mails at Qmail Linux (POP3 Server)
- Exchange POP3 Connector Manager is able to receive E-mails from Qmail
Linux (POP3 Server)
- Exchange Mailbox is able to store E-mails that came through Exchange POP3
Connector Manager

I start to face problems from this point on. (Problem)
- Exchange Router doesn't seems to convert E-mails from Exchange mailbox
into MSCRM.
- This problem is intermittent, there are some mails that came in, and some
mails that doesn't (Could be some rules that is being set wrongly). I've set
"Converting incoming e-mail" to the "All incoming e-mail (Requires additional
configuration on the server)" option.

Side track question ... [May I know what are the additional configuration
needed on the server?]

Back.

I still can't get all the E-mails. May I know whether there is any areas to
which I've set wrongly?

Please advice
Real Newbie..
David Loke

ReadySpace Network Pte Ltd
www.readyspace.com
0
DavidLoke (2)
1/19/2005 2:57:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The CRM EMail Router is designed only to route SMTP email, not POP3 email.
As far as I know there is no way to make to make the CRM Email Router
function as your wish, unfortunately

"David Loke" <DavidLoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I'm currently hosting my E-mail using Qmail in a linux machine. As I
> understand that the only way for E-mails to get into CRM is by using
> Exchange
> Server. So, my integration setup is as follows... (Please advice if I am
> wrong)
>
> Qmail Linux (POP3 Server) -> Exchange POP3 Connector Manager -> Exchange
> Mail Box -> Exchange Router -> MSCRM.
>
> Things that are working correctly
> - MSCRM is able to send out E-mail via Exchange Router.
> - Able to receive external E-mails at Qmail Linux (POP3 Server)
> - Exchange POP3 Connector Manager is able to receive E-mails from Qmail
> Linux (POP3 Server)
> - Exchange Mailbox is able to store E-mails that came through Exchange
> POP3
> Connector Manager
>
> I start to face problems from this point on. (Problem)
> - Exchange Router doesn't seems to convert E-mails from Exchange mailbox
> into MSCRM.
> - This problem is intermittent, there are some mails that came in, and
> some
> mails that doesn't (Could be some rules that is being set wrongly). I've
> set
> "Converting incoming e-mail" to the "All incoming e-mail (Requires
> additional
> configuration on the server)" option.
>
> Side track question ... [May I know what are the additional configuration
> needed on the server?]
>
> Back.
>
> I still can't get all the E-mails. May I know whether there is any areas
> which I've set wrongly?
>
> Please advice
> Real Newbie..
> David Loke

> ReadySpace Network Pte Ltd
> www.readyspace.com

0
Peter
1/19/2005 1:12:15 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I've got the problem solved and it works =) Its
really my mistake. Some of the mails are lost because of Qmail configuration.

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> The CRM EMail Router is designed only to route SMTP email, not POP3 email.
> As far as I know there is no way to make to make the CRM Email Router
> function as your wish, unfortunately
>

> "David Loke" <DavidLoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm currently hosting my E-mail using Qmail in a linux machine. As I
> > understand that the only way for E-mails to get into CRM is by using
> > Exchange
> > Server. So, my integration setup is as follows... (Please advice if I am
> > wrong)
> >
> > Qmail Linux (POP3 Server) -> Exchange POP3 Connector Manager -> Exchange
> > Mail Box -> Exchange Router -> MSCRM.
> >
> > Things that are working correctly
> > - MSCRM is able to send out E-mail via Exchange Router.
> > - Able to receive external E-mails at Qmail Linux (POP3 Server)
> > - Exchange POP3 Connector Manager is able to receive E-mails from Qmail
> > Linux (POP3 Server)
> > - Exchange Mailbox is able to store E-mails that came through Exchange
> > POP3
> > Connector Manager
> >
> > I start to face problems from this point on. (Problem)
> > - Exchange Router doesn't seems to convert E-mails from Exchange mailbox
> > into MSCRM.
> > - This problem is intermittent, there are some mails that came in, and
> > some
> > mails that doesn't (Could be some rules that is being set wrongly). I've
> > set
> > "Converting incoming e-mail" to the "All incoming e-mail (Requires
> > additional
> > configuration on the server)" option.
> >
> > Side track question ... [May I know what are the additional configuration
> > needed on the server?]
> >
> > Back.
> >
> > I still can't get all the E-mails. May I know whether there is any areas
> > which I've set wrongly?
> >
> > Please advice
> > Real Newbie..
> > David Loke

> > ReadySpace Network Pte Ltd
> > www.readyspace.com

Hi!

I am pm of our internal MS CRM project and have a problem already in system
definitions.
Our salespeople travel a lot to areas where no broadband is avaliable. Our
internal IT-guy has the solution to route their mails via POP3 instead of
connecting them to the exchange server. This would take more time for sync,
says our IT-guy...

Now the MSCRM-consultants say that with this configuration the eMail
functionality would get lost if we do not abolish POP3 and put up exchange
server communication for them.

What is your opinion / experience on this?

thx
Rupip

"David Loke" wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I've got the problem solved and it works =) Its
> really my mistake. Some of the mails are lost because of Qmail configuration.
>
> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
> > The CRM EMail Router is designed only to route SMTP email, not POP3 email.
> > As far as I know there is no way to make to make the CRM Email Router
> > function as your wish, unfortunately
> >

> > "David Loke" <DavidLoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I'm currently hosting my E-mail using Qmail in a linux machine. As I
> > > understand that the only way for E-mails to get into CRM is by using
> > > Exchange
> > > Server. So, my integration setup is as follows... (Please advice if I am
> > > wrong)
> > >
> > > Qmail Linux (POP3 Server) -> Exchange POP3 Connector Manager -> Exchange
> > > Mail Box -> Exchange Router -> MSCRM.
> > >
> > > Things that are working correctly
> > > - MSCRM is able to send out E-mail via Exchange Router.
> > > - Able to receive external E-mails at Qmail Linux (POP3 Server)
> > > - Exchange POP3 Connector Manager is able to receive E-mails from Qmail
> > > Linux (POP3 Server)
> > > - Exchange Mailbox is able to store E-mails that came through Exchange
> > > POP3
> > > Connector Manager
> > >
> > > I start to face problems from this point on. (Problem)
> > > - Exchange Router doesn't seems to convert E-mails from Exchange mailbox
> > > into MSCRM.
> > > - This problem is intermittent, there are some mails that came in, and
> > > some
> > > mails that doesn't (Could be some rules that is being set wrongly). I've
> > > set
> > > "Converting incoming e-mail" to the "All incoming e-mail (Requires
> > > additional
> > > configuration on the server)" option.
> > >
> > > Side track question ... [May I know what are the additional configuration
> > > needed on the server?]
> > >
> > > Back.
> > >
> > > I still can't get all the E-mails. May I know whether there is any areas
> > > which I've set wrongly?
> > >
> > > Please advice
> > > Real Newbie..
> > > David Loke

> > > ReadySpace Network Pte Ltd
> > > www.readyspace.com

SO far there are no problems.

"rupip, Austia" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am pm of our internal MS CRM project and have a problem already in system
> definitions.
> Our salespeople travel a lot to areas where no broadband is avaliable. Our
> internal IT-guy has the solution to route their mails via POP3 instead of
> connecting them to the exchange server. This would take more time for sync,
> says our IT-guy...
>
> Now the MSCRM-consultants say that with this configuration the eMail
> functionality would get lost if we do not abolish POP3 and put up exchange
> server communication for them.
>
> What is your opinion / experience on this?
>
> thx
> Rupip
>

> "David Loke" wrote:
>
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. I've got the problem solved and it works =) Its
> > really my mistake. Some of the mails are lost because of Qmail configuration.
> >
> > "Peter Lynch" wrote:
> >
> > > The CRM EMail Router is designed only to route SMTP email, not POP3 email.
> > > As far as I know there is no way to make to make the CRM Email Router
> > > function as your wish, unfortunately
> > >

> > > "David Loke" <DavidLoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi,

well - the problem is that if the salespeople send their mails via POP3 it
does not get into MS CRM.
my question more precisely is: how do I get the eMails that are sent via
POP3 into MS CRM?

thanks
rupip

"David Loke" wrote:

> SO far there are no problems.
>
> "rupip, Austia" wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am pm of our internal MS CRM project and have a problem already in system
> > definitions.
> > Our salespeople travel a lot to areas where no broadband is avaliable. Our
> > internal IT-guy has the solution to route their mails via POP3 instead of
> > connecting them to the exchange server. This would take more time for sync,
> > says our IT-guy...
> >
> > Now the MSCRM-consultants say that with this configuration the eMail
> > functionality would get lost if we do not abolish POP3 and put up exchange
> > server communication for them.
> >
> > What is your opinion / experience on this?
> >
> > thx
> > Rupip
> >

> > "David Loke" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Peter,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your reply. I've got the problem solved and it works =) Its
> > > really my mistake. Some of the mails are lost because of Qmail configuration.

What I am using is actually POP3 Connector and not the POP3 service from MS
Exchange. I'm not too sure exactly how emails are being transferred into
MSCRM. But after POP3 Connector download the mails from my mail server, it
will automatically be inserted into MSCRM.

"rupip" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> well - the problem is that if the salespeople send their mails via POP3 it
> does not get into MS CRM.
> my question more precisely is: how do I get the eMails that are sent via
> POP3 into MS CRM?
>
> thanks
> rupip
>
> "David Loke" wrote:
>
> > SO far there are no problems.
> >
> > "rupip, Austia" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I am pm of our internal MS CRM project and have a problem already in system
> > > definitions.
> > > Our salespeople travel a lot to areas where no broadband is avaliable. Our
> > > internal IT-guy has the solution to route their mails via POP3 instead of
> > > connecting them to the exchange server. This would take more time for sync,
> > > says our IT-guy...
> > >
> > > Now the MSCRM-consultants say that with this configuration the eMail
> > > functionality would get lost if we do not abolish POP3 and put up exchange
> > > server communication for them.
> > >
> > > What is your opinion / experience on this?
> > >
> > > thx
> > > Rupip

mail redirection
Is it possible to redirect mail from some POP3 accounts in MS Exchange (installed as part of Small Business Server 2000)? Zvuk wrote: > Is it possible to redirect mail from some POP3 accounts in MS Exchange > (installed as part of Small Business Server 2000)? > > Could you describe what you're trying to do in a little more detail? For example: when you use web based e-mail, like yahoo for example, you are almost always offered a possibility to have all your mail forwarded to some other mail account. In our company we naturally all have email accounts on the company mail ...

How to choose which account to send mail
Hi there, Outlook 2003 I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the other private. How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send e- mails from my private account and other times from my work account. Your advice will be much appreciated. -- Regards, Deon H On Feb 7, 11:07 am, Deon <REMOVEd...@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote: HI, Before sending the mail u can check in program "Application..Session.CurrentUser.Address" which will return the mail- id of the current configured account.(which is activated). May be this is yo...

Installing CRM Outlook client on Windows Server 2003 system
i am trying to install and use CRM Desktop client for outlook on a system having Windows Server 2003 which completed successfully meeting all prerequisites. but as i try to access the outlook i receive an error which says that the crm server cannot be connected. has anyone tried this installing client in this environment? is it feasible? thanks in advance. ...

How Message Format work for POP3 account?
I created an account in active directory and created mailbox for it. I want this account to have only POP3 access. Because the POP3 client is some old one, I need the message body received by this account be sent to POP3 client in plain text format. So, I went to "Exchange Features" tab (we are using Exchange Server 2003) in this account's properties window and configured the POP3 properties as below: Uncheck "use protocol defaults", select "MIME" and select "Provide message body as plain text"; the default character set is "Western European (...

Windows Vista Mail bcc Not Sending
I can enter names into the bcc field but the message does not get sent to those names? "Jenny" <jjnewman87@gmail.com> wrote in message news:DA341DEA-B2EB-4560-BB67-D8C2BA9DA5C3@microsoft.com... >I can enter names into the bcc field but the message does not get sent to >those names? > > What makes you believe that Jenny? Do they stay in your Outbox? If yes: please copy and paste the unedited error message that WM provides. If not: Go to your sent items folder and select one of your messages, then press the Ctrl key + F3, the message h...

Integration Manager Script Issues
Hi There, I would just like to find out if it would be possible to create two separate destination files based on the success of the Integration. So , if the Integration is succesfull to copy, delete , move and rename the Source File to c:\Success\Success.txt Then if the Integration has failed with an Error, to keep the original file, but also copy and move it to another folder c:\Fail\Fail.txt So far I have not managed to do this, I have tried a nested IF statement saying, IF error='1' then sDestinationfile = "x" ELSEIF error = "" then sDestinationfile =...

CRM portal to view customers (not service portal)
Hi, Is there any addon , which make it possible for partners to access CRM and update the status of customers. Is there any work around or way ? PS" i am not talking about viewing cases and service portal from 360 ". regards / Aami Hi Aami, One of the work around would entail programming and it would be to use Web Services to access your MS CRM data on the portal and modify the status of the customers. What are the areas which you are looking to edit over the portal? Is it only customers you are looking forward to viewing and maybe editing? It should not be too difficult f...

A bad draft HTML e-mail that crashes Outlook 2003.
Hello. I was working on an e-mail reply in HTML format. Now, I can't edit/reply to it because Outlook crashes. Even copy and pasting the e-mail in HTML format as a new e-mail crashes. The crash error said: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2900.2963, stamp 44c9f56a, debug? 0, fault address 0x00070ef0. I tried other HTML e-mails in edit and replying, and they weren't crashing. Is there a way to fix this beside copying and pasting as raw text? This is the first time I ever had this problem. I am using ...

CRM 1.2 exam for customers
Is certification available for customers or is this only available for partners. I've read many of these postings in regards to the exam and many people mentioned getting the study material straight from Microsft rather than take the courses...how would a customer go about getting the study material? Thanks Yes, starting July 1, 2004, customers will be able to take a Microsoft Business Solutions exam at Pearson VUE or Prometric testing centers. "Jen Selmeyer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb2901c4390d$f3ef7090$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

Move Mails from OutlookExpress5/98 to OE6/XP
I have mails in my OutlookExpress5 on Win98 in my old PC, and I just bought a new laptop with OutlookExpress6 running on XP. How can I move my mails from OE5/98 in my old PC to OE6/XP in my new laptop? Your help much appreciated. David (dht_david@hotmail.com) This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsof...

Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Guide 09-01-06
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Guide CRM Basics,CRM Objectives,CRM Types :: Operational CRM , Analytical CRM ,Collaborative CRM, CRM Implementation ,CRM Technical Functionalities ,Popular CRM's :: SugarCRM ,vTiger CRM , Daffodil CRM ,Future of CRM http://flying-rugs.com/crm/CRM.html ...

Outbound e-mails do not arrive
Howdy People, I have a user who complains that her outbound e-mails do not arrive. Via Message Tracking Center I was able to track the concerning message, only the Message track was entirely empty! The message does not appear to be in the queue, also the user has not received a NDR. Exchange setup is as follows: # One user on an Exchange Ent Server "AA001" # Mail from "AA001" is transferred to Exchange SBS2k3 Server "AA002" # Server "AA002" is connected to the Internet. Last (line) Message Track for this message on Server "AA001": Message...

SFOC Mail Merger
Does anyone know if CRM 2.0 SFOC (2005) will have the ability to mail merge in custom fields? I read on another thread that currently in v. 1.2 the WordMailMerge for MSCRM 1.2 by PTM EDV-Systems is the only way to do this at present. I tried to mail merge and could not see any of our custom fields in either the Accounts or Contacts. Reason I ask is we are demoing to a client tomorrow that we will be converting from Maximizer and they have a lot of custom fields and will want this functionality. Thanks! Shauna Hello ! Have you allready tried our Add-On? It is now the only way to u...

Out of Office- not working externally
Hi, OoO suddendly stopped working to emails sent from external domains (ie OoO is only working within our own exchange domain). I then done the following: Using the Exchange System Manager, open Global Settings > Internet Message Formats, right click "default" (on the right hand panel). Select Properties > Advanced. Tick the "allow out of office responses" box. Click apply/ok. This box wasn't checked, but since I have checked it the problem still occurs. Does it take a while for it to be come effective? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Hi, This should wor...

Date Settings in CRM
hi I am trying to change the default date format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy but everytime i go to Settings - Organization Settings - System settings and then calendar and make the changes and save it the system does not save them and reverts back to its original settings. Any advice on this would be really appreciated. Regards Ridhima Please ignore this question. I got a reply in the article referred in another news group. "Ridhima Sood" wrote: > hi > I am trying to change the default date format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy > but everytime i go to Settings - O...

CRM usage reports #2
What would be the best way to generate CRM usage reports, like - which users/business units make heavier use of the CRM - what are the crm's "most visited" areas - what are the peek hours or seasonality patterns in usage, etc. These reports could be used to help make decisions about hardware upgrades in advance and things like that Should these reports be based on IIS logs, SQL Server ones, or something entirely different? I think the CRM IIS log would be the best for your analysis needs. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 2, 5:34=A0pm, v...

Can CRM send Email without exchange?
Hi all, I asked this question the other day, but I re-read my post and it made no sense! Hence no replies I guess. My questions (put a bit more eloqantly) are: 1) Do you HAVE to use exchange to fire out an email? Can it be handled through CRM? Surely it's just pushing out SMTP traffic, but knowing MS this answer is going to be "no you must have exchange" 2) Can CRM be configured to use mailbox enabled user accounts that dont have the upn of the domain that the crm machine is in. As far as I can see, if you add the user into CRM by it's pre 2K name ie domain\username it wi...

Receiving mail stops working after awhile on Outlook
I need to expert help here. Something on my PC gets flaky after being on and working for awhile, I will stop receiving emails on certain accounts, but it's like it's cached info or something because other accounts will work fine. All my accounts are set up under Outlook, with the only differences being the names. In other words, I have six emails set up under my Mindspring account, so all are really duplicates as far as SMTP and POP information. Eventually within a 12-48 hour period, one account out of the 6 will not receive messages any more, even though it will send just fine!! The e...

How can I duplicate Outlook (mail, contact, calendar,etc) on my l.
When I travel i need to take an updated verison of by outlook files (calendar, contacts, tasks etc.). Is there a way to keep everthing in sync. jsu8249 <jsu8249@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I travel i need to take an updated verison of by outlook files > (calendar, contacts, tasks etc.). Is there a way to keep everthing in > sync. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Deleting user from System Manager
I had another domain in my forest that I delete improperly. So now there is a user that has a mailbox in my exchange server that I can't delete. I tried to use ntdsutil to recreate the domain and maybe add the old domain back but, I'm having problems with that also. I just want to know if there is a tool I can use to delete the user from Exchange System Manager. It won't allow me to use the "Exchange Task” option" To delete it. Are you saying you have an orphaned mailbox that shows up in ESM that you want to delete? Did you run cleanup agent on that store? If no...

POP3 Virtual Server issue
Hi! I've a POP3 connectivity issue. It's not possible for me to log in from a client machine to the POP3 Virtual Server for a Mailbox account in an specific domain. My AD Forest is like this: domain1.ws (forest root.) - Global Catalog noc.domain1.ws (subdomain) - Global Catalog (This is the Domain where the Exchange Server 2003 exists). I've created an account in "noc.domain1.ws" and everything went well: name: test1 address: test1@noc.domain.ws POP3: mail.domain.ws SMTP: mail.domain.ws User Name: test1@noc.domain.ws When a create a mailbox-enabled user in the pa...

error accessing CRM from custom web page
I created a simple aspx page to create a new contact in CRM, however I keep getting an http error "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized." I guess the it's because username/password I am using is not authorized in CRM... I disabled anonynous access in IIS but still it doesn't work. Is there any trick to make it accessible? Or to use a different user Thanks Are you using the CUserAuth object?? Are you using the System.Net.CredentitalCache Just make sure to specify a valid GUID for both the UserId and MerchantId that CUserAuth requires. The System.Net calls ...

Multiple *.pst files in "All Mail Folders"
Dear All: I have multiple *.pst files that have been created over the last 10 years. Most are still on the old 2000 format ie not the new 2003 format. Some relate to specific projects and others relate to series of companies etc etc. They were all under the former 2 gig limits in size for pst files. I would like to have those files available in the " All Mail Folders" section in Outlook 2003. However, I get an "out of resources" when I bring those files into the folder area and try to open a pst file to read an email or deposit a new email in that file/folder. (abc.pst...

CRMWorkFlowService.exe (CRM 3.0)
Hi all, I've noticed that CRMWorkFlowService.exe never closes it's DB connections, so after a few weeks, I can have up to 1909 db connections to the SQL server (easily seen both on the DB server and with TCPView from Syinternals). If I restart IIS and all the CRM services (including CRMWorkFlowService.exe), then the CRMWorkFlowService.Exe no longer connects to the DB, which results in forms such as ACCOUNT to take several minutes to load... A reboot of both the IIS and the SQL server seems to be the only solution, but that is not really a good solution (and from my IT manager&...

Managing Stock
Hello I have creat a database about a General Store. I have made 4 tables: Products: ProductID AutoNumber ProductTag Number ProductName Text UnitPrice Currency Stock Number Customers: CustomerID CustomerName CustomerPhone CustomerAddress Order: OrderID OrderDate CustomerID ProductID Loo...