external connector 10-17-06

Hi,

I am just wondering what kind of license we would need if we are to create
an online system that will integrate with MS CRM 3.0. The online system will
have its own database. We would like to integrate our database with the CRM
db. Clients will access the system through the internet. Do we need the
external connector license for us to access the data on CRM? Like write data
from our db to CRM db and vice versa?

Thanks!

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The external connector license is designed to enable external access to
MSCRM for an unspecified group (unlimited number) of non-CRM users. If these
external users want to create / amend records in CRM, through a portal for
example, then yes you need an external connector license. Note they are per
server licenses, and can only be used with Pro not SBS.

Hope this helps

Alex

"purple nici" <purple nici@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am just wondering what kind of license we would need if we are to create
> an online system that will integrate with MS CRM 3.0. The online system
> will
> have its own database. We would like to integrate our database with the
> CRM
> db. Clients will access the system through the internet. Do we need the
> external connector license for us to access the data on CRM? Like write
> data
> from our db to CRM db and vice versa?
>
> Thanks!

0
Alex

deleted emails 03-10-10
how do i retrieve deleted emails from two specific email addresses? sort the deleted items folder on FROM address "blmc" wrote: > how do i retrieve deleted emails from two specific email addresses? ...

List output to a x by 10 range
I have a list that x lines long. I want to transpose that list to another range (starting on cell M1) that is 10 columns wide and however many rows long. I know this is super simple. Does it have something to do with range resizing? No doubt you've already experimented with macro recorder, discovering the standard transpose command wont wrap within a range. So we need handle the transposition manually. Presuming your data begins in cell A2: Sub test() For Each c In Range("A2", "A" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row) Row = Row + 1 ...

Work Hours 10-25-06
Hi there, I want to change the default work hours setting for users of the system. At the moment they are set to work all day everyday of the week. Realistically I want this to be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. Is there any way I can change this using customization and have it apply to all users? Pergaps it is a system setting I can change rather than customize? Many thanks, Mark Mark, Go to Settings | Business Unit Settings | User and select a user (can also go Service calander and then select the user from there as well) Then view the Work Hours, and select Set Up | New Weekly S...

Signatures #17
I have an odd problem that I can't figure out... I have created several different signtures in outlook 2002. When I go to Tools/options/mail format/signatures, all four of them show. If I select any one of them to be used as the default signature, then it will automatically show up as it should in new messages. However, if i want to individually pick signatures for each email, with no default, then then when I create a new msg and go to the insert menu, first of all, signatures isn't on the menu like i would expect. it's under autotext. but, if I go to autotext/signa...

IE8 text size 01-25-10
The situation described occurs in IE8 on both Vista home premium and Windows 7 professional. Using the page options, I set the text size to smaller. It will remain that way for a while but within hours or sometimes a day the text size reverts to medium. Any suggestions Lou ...

Can't send or receive 07-27-10
I set up Windows Mail to my gmail account. I've double checked the settings, and they are correct. I got the following message when I tried to send an e-mail: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address ...

Business Portal 4.0 & GP 10.0 Smartlist
Hi, Is there a way to use our GP 10 smartlists in the query sections of Business Portal 4.0 ? I've look at the Business Portal query builder and I don't think you can use SQL (in this case I could have extract Smartlists SQL). You have to used predefined entities. Maybe I get it wrong ? Thanks in advance for any help ! Richard, Thanks for using the newsgroups. You are correct. You need an entity for querying in Business Portal. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

Filter #10
Hi We have the following code that filters a range in database(no problem) this code is looking at column A which is a week number(11) what we now need to do is extend this code to filter two ranges the second range is column H and is days of the week(Monday) Is it possible to expand this code to do this? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Row = 2 And Target.Column = 3 Then Sheets("data2").Range("Criteria").Calculate Worksheets("data2").Range("Database") _ .AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CriteriaRange:=She...

Outlook security #10
Hi, I have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 running on Windows 2000. When sending emails from a different program, I can set Outlook security to bypass further warnings for up to 10 minutes. A customer, also with Outlook 2003, but updated from 2002, has to respond to every email with a 5 second pause. My questions: Why the different behaviour? How do I change the latter behaviour to the former? Thanks Thomas Hi Thomas, The security settings for Outlook 2003 can be found using the Tools->Options->Security Tab and security zone settings button. It works exactly the same way Internet ...

Office 2010 Beta 02-24-10
I have installed 2010 Beta and like it but I no longer can click on a file to open. When I try to associate the program to use none of the office programs show up. Is there a way aroung this? Microsoft Office Diagnostics perhaps, Or select Browse and look for the exe file. thom kamp wrote: > I have installed 2010 Beta and like it but I no longer can click on a file to > open. When I try to associate the program to use none of the office programs > show up. Is there a way aroung this? ...

Filter #17
Have a spreadsheet, with column A: Date Column B: Daily Takings Column C: Profit and Column D: % All data is recorded on a daily basis for every day of the financial year. A summery report for data is made on the same sheet for the total of the financial year, which is easy enough to do for the entire year. How do I filter so that only data appears in the summery report from lets say July 1 - July 21....or any other dates I choose..........ie: is it somehow possible to enter Begiining Date in a cell and End dat in another cell, so it filters the Date column and only have that dat appea...

Conditional formatting #17
Hi, I need to format a row or column based on the value a cell in that row. How could i do that? i.e. If the value of cell A1 is less than or equal to 0 u want the color pattern of B1 to H1 to change into green. tnx in advance, eqbal -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Usually conditional formatting is done based on the value of that cell. In this case, use the drop down box to change from "Cell Value is" t "Formula is". Select a cell and use the Toolbar Format - Conditiona formatting. You need to write a formula with a l...

External Email Address #3
I'm not able to send to sbcglobal.net for some reason. I can send to other external e-mail servers. How can I troubleshoot this? Exchange 2003 SP2 Thanks for your help! p.s. sbcglobal.net is fine I receive and sending mail. what is the full/exact text of the NDR you receive? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:670BB210-1C67-48F4-A89C-13DA5A1C25E6@microsoft.com... > I'm not able to send to sbcglobal.net for some reason. I can send to other > external e-mail servers. How can I troubleshoot this? Exchange 20...

Launch External Process from Menu/Toolbar?
My organization is preparing to upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0. In 7.5, we added palette items that launched Excel and opened a specific workbook (via Setup>>Company>>Palettes). I've found no way to add a menu item in 8.0 that would launch an external process. What are the options for doing this in 8.0? Thanks for any assistance. Mark Set them up as shortcuts..and if you use User Classes, place the shortcuts under each User Class..you will probably need to logged on with 'sa' to do this. "FBMark" wrote: > My organization is preparing to upgrade from 7.5 ...

integration manager 10.0-SQL Data Source
We are trying to run an integration by using a link to the GP tables. One of our data sources is using the SQL Server as the data source. We can query the data source and return all rows in the integration. However, when we run the integration we receive the error: An error handler was not found for: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. We are on the latest service pack too. Are you using any field script or event script in IM? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogst...

JavaScript Error 07-06-05
We just installed the CRM to evaluate it and we are getting the JavaScript error "Permission Denied" on the bottom toobar. It works with the Windows 2000 machines, but not our Win XP SP2 machines? Is there some sort of security setting we need to set? Any help would be appreciated. For anyone else who is looking I finally found it on MSDN. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870635 "Brian Linden" <brian@ineedadip.com> wrote in message news:uauICYlgFHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > We just installed the CRM to evaluate it and we are g...

windows media player 02-07-10
when trying to play a dvd this message appears. windows media player cannot dvd video. I have installed decoders. How can i get it to play my dvds On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:29:01 -0800, lmorris <lmorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when trying to play a dvd this message appears. >windows media player cannot dvd video. >I have installed decoders. >How can i get it to play my dvds Do you have suitable DVD decoders ? Only a subset are media center compatible (the feature you need to look out for) DecCheck for XP, and the Vista VMCD utility can help here : ...

Microsoft CRM Connectors blog
Dear All, The following Microsoft CRM Connectors blog contains some useful information on the Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP. This blog will also provide information on future Microsoft CRM Connectors and integration solutions such as with Microsoft Dynamics AX, or the BizTalk Adaptor for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, etc. You can also use this blog to get answers to questions on the Microsoft CRM Connectors or to provide feedback. Blog URL: http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoftcrmconnectors/default.aspx Regards, Manohar ...

Multiple Commas 02-11-10
Some people decided to play a cruel joke and pulled two commas into a name field and i need to split the name into a first and last name column. Normally i could do this but the second comma is throwing me off. It looks like this: last name,first name, Ive tried doing a replace on the last comma but its not working. Does anyone know any tricks on how to either get rid of that second comma or split the field into two seperate columns as it is? Thanks for any help. dim aName() as string dim strName as string dim strLastName as string dim strFirstName as string ' just ...

PRODUCT KEY 04-05-10
I've just purchased this hp and the cd that was provided to me with the product key sticker on front does not work. I was under the impression that there would be some type of trial period that would allow me to use the product to determine if I want it or not. I am unable to open any documents in word on my cpu because this software has somehow locked me out of my papers for school. I can't edit copy or even view the docs w/o the product key. The product key provided is 7X4P3 Q24MX KHRKH R6CX2 G76Y4 it clearly doesn't work rather it is in lower case or upper case for...

Can't receive mail 07-29-10
I have problems receiving mail. I've worked through the trouble shooting guidelines and nothing works. I get a Windows Security box requesting user name and password but entering the details doesn't fix the problem The strange thing is that sometimes after I have gone in and reentered details in the Accounts Properties - Server tab it will down load them BUT NOT EVERY TIME. The Error message below is the most common one that I get. Account: 'mail.bigpond.com', Server: 'mail.bigpond.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] account is...

External E-mail to POP3 Connector Manager to CRM
Hi! I'm currently hosting my E-mail using Qmail in a linux machine. As I understand that the only way for E-mails to get into CRM is by using Exchange Server. So, my integration setup is as follows... (Please advice if I am wrong) Qmail Linux (POP3 Server) -> Exchange POP3 Connector Manager -> Exchange Mail Box -> Exchange Router -> MSCRM. Things that are working correctly - MSCRM is able to send out E-mail via Exchange Router. - Able to receive external E-mails at Qmail Linux (POP3 Server) - Exchange POP3 Connector Manager is able to receive E-mails from Qmail Linux (P...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 07-05-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:15:20 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:26:44 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 07:03:30 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 606 Total No. of Characters...: 1707259 Total Volume..............: 1667 Messages Per Day..........: 86.6 Characters Per Day........: 243894.1 Average Daily Volume......: 238 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Word spell check 04-21-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I skip all repeated words. My documents intentionally use repeat words but the spell checker always stops at each one. The ignore all and the add functions are not available The spelling checker will always stop at repeated words. Your only option is not to use Spelling. Cheers On 21/04/10 4:34 PM, in article 59bb736f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "amclean4@officeformac.com" <amclean4@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard...

Suggestions On Storing External Data
Hello, I was wondering what the best way to store, Word, Excel, pdf,and dwg documents against a Record in my database. My Database is a Enquiry Management Database, and when projects come in they are logged, which when an enquiry is received they have associated documents with them. So what the plan is that the User who inputs projects can select the assign the associated to the record, and then when some else looks up the project that can see all related documents and also open them from my database. 1. Do i Store External Documents in the database or 2, Do I Link to the documents, I w...