Exposing Creating User's team membership

Hi,

Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the following:-

We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the
sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding team
called siteA).  When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value of
the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist.  I
am having trouble retrieving the  team membership of the user that created
the opportunity.  Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure
where to start looking at this.

Thanks
Fentp
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Fen,

This may help you explore better

1. RetrieveTeamsSystemUserRequest is the crm sdk request that can be used to
get the teams a user belongs to.
2. You can make an SOAP request through client side scripts to read the
team. The script can be written on the onchange/onload event of the form.
3.
http://<crmservername:port>/MSCRMServices/systemuser.asmx?op=RetrieveTeams
This will give you the format of the soap request.

Guess this would be a good start...

Hope this helps!

Sam
_______________
Inogic
Innovative Logic
Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
E-mail: crm@inogic.com
Web: www.inogic.com
--------------------------

"fentp" <fentp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the
> following:-
>
> We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the
> sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding
> team
> called siteA).  When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value
> of
> the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist.
> am having trouble retrieving the  team membership of the user that created
> the opportunity.  Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure
> where to start looking at this.
>
> Thanks
> Fentp

0
Sam
8/29/2007 4:39:04 AM
Ok thanks - will give that a try.

cheers,
fentp

"Sam - Inogic" wrote:

> Hi Fen,
>
> This may help you explore better
>
> 1. RetrieveTeamsSystemUserRequest is the crm sdk request that can be used to
> get the teams a user belongs to.
> 2. You can make an SOAP request through client side scripts to read the
> team. The script can be written on the onchange/onload event of the form.
> 3.
> http://<crmservername:port>/MSCRMServices/systemuser.asmx?op=RetrieveTeams
> This will give you the format of the soap request.
>
> Guess this would be a good start...
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Sam
> _______________
> Inogic
> Innovative Logic
> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
> E-mail: crm@inogic.com
> Web: www.inogic.com
> --------------------------
>

> "fentp" <fentp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the
> > following:-
> >
> > We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the
> > sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding
> > team
> > called siteA).  When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value
> > of
> > the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist.
> > am having trouble retrieving the  team membership of the user that created
> > the opportunity.  Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure
> > where to start looking at this.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Fentp

can there not be mutiple users on outlook?
I am logged in on my name but when I try to send email from outlook (trying to figure out how to use it) it says its coming from my husbands email? Create separate "Identities" - check help. "AprilWhitney" <AprilWhitney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:277424BA-ED85-4350-A7DF-A34E1D8D9382@microsoft.com... >I am logged in on my name but when I try to send email from outlook (trying > to figure out how to use it) it says its coming from my husbands email? Outlook does not use Identities, it uses profiles, depending on the version and mode,...

IE Bombs when accessing sites as standard (non-admin) user on Win2
I have a situation where IE is quitting instantly when a user that isn't in Domain Admins tries accessing any website (internal or external). Server is 2003 Terminal Services with SP2 Client doesn't appear to matter Symptoms: Normal user double-clicks IE which opens, then immediately closes. This is occurring on 5 out of 8 servers in a TS farm! I've found that if I set the default home page to "about:blank" IE opens fine, but as soon as I try to access *any* page at all, it closes instantly. o No errors that I can see in any of the Event Logs. o I...

Can't dynamicly create a VB control that uses Infragistics controls
Hi, I've created a VB6 control that uses the Infragistics NumEdit and ComboBox. I dynamically create the control on a MFC C++ Window. This works fine on my dev machine, but not on any other machine. All controls are registered on the other machines. I also created a VB6 app that uses my VB control on a form. Package it up and install it on the same machines and it works fine, yet my app still can't create the same control dynamically. If I take the Infragistics controls off my control, and I can create My control. What can I do to create the control dynamically? I think the Infragi...

This transaction is being edited by another user ?!
Hello, Everyone: My company is using Great Plains 7.5 for several months. Recently I just found out one invoice can not be edited. When I tried to open it, one message box just poped up; it said "This transaction is being edited by another user". But only myself logged in at that time. So, if anyone knows how to correct this error, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Zach If everyone is logged out, run the following in sql: USE DYNAMICS DELETE SY00800 GO USE tempdb DELETE DEX_LOCK GO DELETE DEX_SESSION GO "Zach" wrote: > Hello, Everyone: > M...

New users don't get email box when created in Active Directory
When I create a new user on my Windows 2000 server, in Active Directory, I automacticly get the option to create a mailbox for this new user in the Exchange 2003 server. I make sure the option is checked, but when I finish the process of making the new user, the new user doesn't get a mailbox. I'm able to go into the "E-mail Addresses" tab inside the properties box for the new user, and add a New SMTP address for that user. Then I have to go into ADSI Edit to change the "msExchaUserAccountControl" value to 0. ( I did this because I got errors 1022 and 9562 in...

SQL Express 2005 concurrent use of hosted and user instances
We have an application that makes use of a SQL Express 2005 database for temporary storage of transaction data. The database is hosted locally (as the default instance name SQLEXPRESS) and is accessed via TCP using .NET native client support. Over several years and hundreds of installations this was worked flawlessly, until recently. We have been experiencing periodic corruption issues across a large number of related installations. The corruption has been observed in one of two forms: 1) the MDF and LDF files get out of sync. 2) The master database gets damaged rendering...

Store Operations User's Guide Missing Pages
I'm new to this software and am using Version 2.0. My Store Operation's User's Guide (brand new - out of the box) is missing pages 273-284. How do I obtain a replacement manual? -- Todd Wilson ERC Communications ...

excel 2000 wont let me create chart
is there something that I could have done to shut off the charts? It wont let me select the chart icon. THANKS TO ANYONE THINKING ABOUT THIS ONE - THE WORKBOOK WAS SHARED! NOW IT IS NOT AND I HAVE MY CHART!! DUH "tjr" wrote: > is there something that I could have done to shut off the charts? > It wont let me select the chart icon. ...

Creating a regular expression
I have been trying to create a Quote # based on 3 boxes on a form for a while now and havent been able to make it work. This is mostly because I do not have a foundation or understand some of the fundamentals of VBA. Fields associated with the problem: [QuoteID] - PK on the table [QuoteNumber] - field that stores the quote number, is required, [Date] - field that is set as Date() [PKSalesID]- is the a FK on the table and is displayed as [SalesID] from another table These fields are all on the same form. When I press a button called create a cmdCreateQuote it should Populate the field...

COP AUTO-CREATE RETURN
When we use create return through extras and open Invoice Document Lookup no invoices are listed. In our other company the feature works fine. I logged in as sa and that did not help. This is a newer company, is there a setup procedure that needs to be completed? -- Thanks for your help Jayne The only way I could replicate that behavior was by not selecting a customer first from the Create Returns window. -- Charles Allen, MVP "shoedog" wrote: > When we use create return through extras and open Invoice Document Lookup no > invoices are listed. In our other co...

Help in Creating Relationships in a table
Hi This is a follow to a previous question concerning relationships in a table. These are my tables I have in my database. Students StudentsID LastName FirstName HomeroomTeacher (ohter info relating to the student) Cases CaseNo_ID <PK> StudentID <FK> Categories CategoryID <PK> Category (e.g. School, Community, Individual, Peers, Family) Issues IssuesID <PK> Issues (text, e.g. lack of role models) CategoryID <FK> StudentIssues CaseNoID <link to Cases Table> IssuesID <Link to issues Table> ...

Access Denied error received when user tries to set alerts
Scenario: Site collection: NT Authenticated users have read permissions Site: NT Authenticated users have read permissions Document library: Employee has "limited Access" Folder: Employee has Add/Edit permissions (a custom permission level based on the default Contribute permission with delete removed) User trieds to set an alert on the document library FOLDER where they have permissions. They get through the entire configuration page and click ok to set the alerts, and they get an Access Denied error. Where have the permissions been broken to deny the user the ri...

Creating hyperlinks
I have created a sort of Table of Contents of project names held within row 3 of a worksheet. This I achieved by modifying an entry on www.contextures.com (FN0006 - Extract List of Unique Items -- Use formulas to extract unique items from a list. Based on an example from Paul Cumbers), outputting the result using =IF(MAX(NameCount)<ROW(1:1),"",HLOOKUP(ROW(1:1),NameList,2)) .. .. .. =IF(MAX(NameCount)<ROW(22:22),"",HLOOKUP(ROW(22:22),NameList,2)) NameCount is defined as "=OFFSET(Demand!$Q$2,0,0,1,239)" NameList is defined as "=OFFSET(Demand!$Q$2,0,0,2,...

Creating a Custom Toolbar/Menu unique to a Workbood
I have been trying for about a week to create a toolbar for use by a particular workbook and that workbook alone. Creating the toolbar was no problem and I named it 'Budget Toolbar.' It contains a very limited set of the 'normal' Excel objects such as File Save As and a few others plus commands to run macros which exist in the parent workbook,Budget.wk.. If I open Budget.wk. the toolbar appears right where I put it. The trouble is that if I open another workbook, the Budget Toolbar appears in that workbook also and I have to View/Toolbars and uncheck Budget Toolbar to mak...

can I create a group calendar-show all team members in one calend
Is there a way to create a group calendar that will show all team members for a day/week/month/ and that everyone can access? It seems crazy to have to enter my schedule on multiple calendars for multiple purposes/teams Version of Outlook? Are you using Exchange server? File, open other users calendar is the usual method. In 2003 and 2007, you can view everyone's calendar at once. Another solution is group schedule- its on the actions menu when viewing the calendar. Each team member will need to make their own groups though. It's generally easier than showing mul...

.Net Compiler Creating Wrong Namespace In Discovery file
I have two web services running on my server. One is ABC.asmx the other is ABC_D.asmx both are in seperate folders... When I compile the project for abc.asmx the Namespace information in the resource.map.vb file is http:\\127.0.0.1\ABC_D Do you know what may be causing this, Thanks for the help ...

Creating a form to supply parameters to a report
I have created a report using a form to supply parameterers. I used the instruction provide in Access Help under Using parameters with queries and reports. When I open the report the form opens but none of the text boxes or command buttons are visible. When I open the form in design view it runs a debug and opens visual basics with this highlighted in yellow: AccessObject = CurrentProject.AllForms(strFormName) This is the code provided in the instuctions. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks! What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to create a report that when you open it,...

form monitors users activity on sheet
I have a huge ss and need to work with all of it. There are certain cells in each long row that I'd like to see at all times. I have a "viewer" connected to a hot keyed macro that does just that. The form also allows editing of those cells. Is is possible that the form can be made to follow me while I work on the ss? If I move to row X, the form senses that and get the data from that row. I could install some goto controls on the form, but I rather the form follow my activities while I work on the ss. And I want the form. It has tools that help display and edit complex str...

[?] FEED: create some rules
HI, is it possible with WLM to create some rules for the FEED? I would for instance like that to every FEED corresponds a rule that sends me him with an E-mail to xxx@yyy.com I have looked for in all the menus but I don't find this possibility. I apologize me for the English... regard's Anto ...

Creating Forms in Exchange
Ok. I have a new small office client that needs to have a system designed. He tells me, that they have about 5 new sales a week and for each sale they need to fill out 7 Excell Sheets. His files are becoming unmanagable and he needs help. Several people need to access the same files and the boss needs to access them for final approval. I was thinking if Exchange Forms can be used? Can these 7 Excell sheets be converted into Forms, where the salesman can fill them out in outlook and then send them to public folders or something like that for other people to access them and for archival pu...

Outlook html message attachments (Excel & Word) can't be read by aol user
Though I can see various posts on aol users having grief opening .doc or .xls files when sent from Outlook 2003 in RTF format, I have receipient who has same grief when I use html format! He only sees any attachment as a dreaded winmail.dat. This seems to be just a problem for some of my aol recipients not all to add to puzzle; advice valued.. Hello: The issue is not with the HTML formatting itself. It has to do with Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF). The topic is bit confusing because MS uses the term "Rich Text" to mean something else when it refers ...

Creating an expression to pull a particular record
I have a form which contains milestones and I have a separate table for progress notes. I would like for the user to be able to select the milestone for review and than on that same form select a command button to pull up the corresponding progress note. Currently, I have a query attached to the command buttom and it requests the parameter value but I was trying to find another way to do this same action without the request for a parameter value. Do I need to clarify my questions? sarchie wrote: >I have a form which contains milestones and I have a separate table for >progress not...

Creating accde file
I am in the final stages of creating my database in access 2007 and it will not allow me to create an accde file when I click on the make accde button. It comes up with an error message saying 'Microsoft Office Access was unable to create the .accde, .mde, or .ade file' Please help - I would really like to do this as I don't want the users to play around with the code etc. Thanks in advance. Here's a checklist of things to work through: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/conversion.html#CannotMakeMDE -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Aust...

How can do I get Network User ID in the MSAccess?
Is there any function or command to get the network UserID (not the database user id) within a database form? I remember using it in earlier versions of Access but can not seems to find it in the 2003. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long Function UserNameWindows() As String Dim lngLen As Long Dim strBuffer As String Const dhcMaxUserName = 255 strBuffer = Space(dhcMaxUserName) lngLen = dhcMaxUserName If...