Exporting & Importing Knowledgebase 'Subjects'

Hi,

    I have defined lots of subjects in my development CRM instance and would
now like to import/export these to the production system.

    Is there a procedure for this?

    If not would the recommendation be to use the Data Migration Framework?
(massive hammer for this small nail).

Regards

Angus Logan  (MCAD/MCDBA/MCP)
Lead Software Developer
Microsoft Application Solutions
Data#3 Limited
E angus_logan@data3.com.au
BLOG www.anguslogan.com

Angus
8/18/2004 7:16:23 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

RE: Excel data exported to custom Outlook form
Greetings earthlings, I have an issue that I have been trying to resolve for sometime, I think I will provide the scenario and hope someone has an answer. Here it is. - I have Excel workbook called "users.xls" - I have a worksheet called "location" - I have a cell B10 in the worksheet who's contents I want to be exported to a textbox called "state" in a custom Outlook form called "RFCO" that resides in the personal forms library in Outlook. (this custom form is from an email template) - I then want to be able to email the form. How do I c...

S.O.S :importing excell data into word
I have made an excell workbook and now I am trying to import the data into a word document. The problem is that the birthdates' format, and the decimals av the numbers change when importing to my word document! How can I solve this problem? PLEASE HELP. -- villi Use a number pattern in the Word field... In Word, toggle the field code and insert a number format switch: [MERGEFIELD Value_1 \# 0.00] In article <61FF77C2-CEAA-4F19-8A1A-B238E19961E7@microsoft.com>, "villi" <villi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have made an excell workbook and now I...

Exporting from Excel to a text file
How do I export only the visible cells, not the hidden ones, in an Excel spreadsheet to a text file? Copy those visible cells to a new worksheet nad save from there (as .txt)? Select your range edit|goto|Special|visible cells only edit|copy to the new sheet edit|paste Josh Brien wrote: > > How do I export only the visible cells, not the hidden ones, in an Excel > spreadsheet to a text file? -- Dave Peterson I was actually wanting to use a filter to gain the row of information I need and export them to the text file using a button with a macro attached if it's possible...

Exchange server 2007 x64 export and import User mailbox
How I can export and import User mailbox with exchange server 2007 x64 using command line or any way. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998579(EXCHG.80).aspx http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb691363(EXCHG.80).aspx -- Mark Fugatt Premier Field Engineer - Unified Communications Microsoft Limited This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights "Yousef aljaafari" <Yousefaljaafari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D79AF50D-5FE7-452A-BF94-8A457ACB9ED9@microsoft.com... > How I can export and import...

Export Mailbox Rights
Ehlo there; Is there any way to export mailbox rights (Ex2000)? � la ldifde exports or cacls... We have issues with some people missing the self rights (even though we have been running Nomass) and we need to fix them. So, I would like to export the stuff to find out the problematic ones. BR TT The rights on the root of the mailboxes are stored in the AD in the msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor property as a regular NT Security Descriptor object. Glen Scales has some code that will read the information from this: http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/04/reverse-msexchmailboxsecuritydescr...

importing the adressbook
Dear At this moment we are emailing with netscape, but we would like to use outlook in the future. The problem is that we must have the mails and the adressbook transfert to outlook then. I've tried serveral times and on serveral ways but with no results. Is there anybody who knows a good way or have experience with this kind of problem. Thanks in advance Greetings Erwin Bormans Erwin Docent Aron www.aron.be erwin.bormans@aron.be Bormans Erwin wrote: > Dear > > At this moment we are emailing with netscape, but we would like to use > outlook in the future. The problem is ...

Importing OutllokExpress data from a scond disk
Hi, I run now a new disk in which Windows XP installed and outlookexpress 6. I want to import the email data from the original disk which used to run Windows 2000 with outllokexpress 6. Can someone advise? Thanks I. Greg This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS...

Import Access Query to Excel
I am trying to import MS Access Query to Excel. I tried with "Data --> Import External Data --> Import Data" but I found two issues. First, "Select Table" lists only 5 of 15 query tables I made. Second, data range only displays column headings, no record. Both Access and Excel files are on local drive. My computer is on domain network and I heard there is a security issue with Import External Data within domain environment. However, I used to do this on my previous employment within domain environment. I appreciate any help! Thank you! Jonathan Kim Jonathan, wh...

Access Excel Data Export
Hi, I have following problem: I need to export data from Access into Excel worksheet using VBA in Access. How to do it? Regards Witek On Aug 8, 8:06 am, Witek <witold.szczepan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have following problem: I need to export data from Access into Excel > worksheet using VBA in Access. How to do it? > > Regards > Witek Will DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet work? ...

Routine to run/export queries
Looking for some links to examples that do the following (or something close): 1. user would create a whole bunch of queries themselves (using Access) 2. form that lets the user runs these queries to display results and/or export 3. Would be good if user could select multiple queries and get multiple resultsets to display or be exported to an excel file with multiple worksheets. Example: user selects 5 queries and wants an excel file made with 5 tabs with the 5 different outputs of the queries, or the outputs of the 5 queries show in a form with multiple tabs in Access (hide...

Exporting all Contacts except 'Private' Contacts
[I posted this query in microsoft.public.outlook.contacts about a week ago but received no responses, so I am trying this newsgroup, as it has heavier traffic.] I would like to provide my contact database to my associates, but I want to first eliminate any Contacts marked 'Private'. In taking a look at the export filters, I don't see any means of accomplishing my objectives. How can I export all Contacts except those marked 'Private'? There is an illistration in OL help re Exporting a partial list of contacts. This may require all the contacts you wish to export being ...

importing excel and word documents from pc to mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I import all files at one time without having to import files one at a time? On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:19:17 -0800, inc_brc@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I import all files at one time >without having to import files one at a time? If your machines aren't on the same LAN, copy the directory to a RAM drive, to your iPod, or to a network drive, and then copy them from there to your Mac. That's what I do. -- "In no part of th...

importing mail from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2002
I'm trying to move Outlook Express 6 emails to another computer that has Outlook 2002, but it's not working. What I did was copy the mail folder with all the .dbx files in it from the old computer to the new comptuer. Then used the import procedure under the File menu. But, it generates the following error message: This mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file, please close it and try again. No other app is touching them. I noticed that when choosing the file format to import from, the only option presented for OE was something to th...

How to export mailbox size list from exchange server 5.0?
Does anybody can help me to find a way to export exchange mailbox size list? my exchange server is 5.0vs. THank you very much. J In EXadmin, navigate to the mailbox list under the server - there is a column listing the mailbox sizes. Export that out. HTH. "yiyuhong" <yiyuhong@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OrEsz8s6DHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anybody can help me to find a way to export exchange mailbox size list? > my exchange server is 5.0vs. THank you very much. > > J > > ...

Important Information
Check out: www.Brandon-Lands.com ...

how do I import data (distance and time) from MapPoint to Excel?
I have an Excel application which uses distabce and time obtained from MapPoint. Actually I enter those figures manually in my Excel worksheet. Is there way I can import these figures directlt to my Excel cells from MapPoint? Thank you for your answer ...

Importing and Exporting Data to Web
I am trying to find the mileage between any two user input cities and bring that data into excel to run calculations based upon the mileage. Anyone have a good idea as to how I can use map quest or a similar web site to incorporate with excel? I know about web queries, but I don't know how to manipulate them to bring in information from a page after a user inputs two cities into say, map quest, without copying and pasting the link into the query to make it reference the new page. Thanks in advance. what you need is a zip code distance calculator. there are several available on th...

exporting Powerpoint files to AVI for videos
I need to export Powerpoint files directly from Powerpoint to an editable video format. I upgraded to Office 2003 with Microsoft Producer with the hope of using a rumored feature to do this. I cannot find it anywhere in their documentation or support. This is the rumor source: http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php? p=41160#post41160 A fine tutorial http://www.indezine.com/products/powerpoint/ppvideo.html -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John Miller" <aksarben1947@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

Importing Money files
I just purchased MS Money 2004 and wanted to import my existing files on MS Money 3.0. Having trouble doing this. Have any suggestions? One suggestion: you throw us some bones as to what you've tried and why it isn't working (error messages, etc.) We try to help where we can, but this isn't news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.money.psychic_troubleshooting. "Steve M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03ac01c3bced$0739ded0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I just purchased MS Money 2004 and wanted to import my > existing files on MS ...

Data import issue from Access
Carriage return (Ctrl+Return) in access data in one cell is imported to "I" into the place of carriage return. Some one have magic idea to import same as excel? Access source data I hope this work A) It should work this way After import to Excel I hope this work | A) It should work this way ...

importing data from access #5
when importing data from access, i have one column is a unique identifying number. HOwever, the number comes in with { } around the #. How can i remove them. thanks Jerry jerry wrote: > when importing data from access, i have one column is a unique identifying > number. HOwever, the number comes in with { } around the #. How can i remove > them. > > thanks > Jerry Once in Excel, do a find and replace. Twice, once for {, and then repeat for }. Leave the "replace with" blank, and "replace all" both times. pierre I don't speak Access, but cou...

Import External Data (to Excel, from Excel) Misses Data
I had an Excel file with two tabs. One, "Log". was a running log filled out by processors (non-techie types). The other, "Scorecard", was various performance metrics calculated based on the log entries. For various reasons, I had to seperate these into two files. In order to calculate the scorecard, I used the "Import External Data" so the scorecard can be recalculated by "Refresh Data" to get the latest update from the log. In the import wizard, I select the Excel file with the log in it and then choose the tab that contains the log, "Log$". ...

BOM Upload/Import template and instructions
can someone on the board provide guidance how to upload/import BOM data. what are the required fields? any scripts and instructions in uploading the BOM data from Excel or tab delimited file. I'm new to this import/upload in GP. thanks in advance. Are you using the inventory BOM or the manufacturing BOM? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "tintin91" wrote: > can someone on the board provide guidance how to uplo...

How to view a complete schema when using schema includes/imports?
I've got a parent schema file that references complex element types that are defined in several "child" schema files and I used the schema imports statement to include them into the parent schema's default namespace. I would like to generate a complete/single-file instance of the schema to simplify things but I can't figure out how to do it. Each schema seems to live in it's respective memory space inside the SchemaIncludesCollection. Any idea how I could traverse all of the "virtual" nodes in the parent schema to create a physical representation of what t...

PFDAVADMIN Bulk Export of Calendar ACL
OK... English (0x3001001e=Calendar) Spanish (0x3001001e=Calendario) French (0x3001001e=Calendrier) But... how do I do Chinese? I tried (0x3001001e=0x3f3f) but it didn't work. Matt I'm not sure PFDAVAdmin does multibyte character sets. You could try base64 encoding the string like MIME does, but that's just a WAG. Otherwise it's custom code time. "Matt Klett" <MattKlett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0928BC4-6255-4E46-8073-DAE0050541BE@microsoft.com... > OK... > English (0x3001001e=Calendar) > Spanish (0x3001001e=Calendario) &g...