Exporting Custom Security Roles CRM 4.0

Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It
appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes
sense that customized ones could be exported.
0
kraigr3 (6)
3/31/2008 7:35:45 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they
listed in the export customizations list?

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog

On Mar 31, 4:41=A0pm, "Michael H=F6hne" <michael.hoe...@nospam.nospam>
wrote:
> I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they
> listed in the export customizations list?
>
> --
> Michael H=F6hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> CRM Blog:http://www.stunnware.com/?area=3Dblog

> "Kraig" <krai...@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:9737235c-b921-4d9b-=
902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

> > Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It
> > appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes
> > sense that customized ones could be exported.- Hide quoted text -

No. The only security roles that show up are the 2 OOB ones that I
didn't delete. It doesn't make any sense. Thanks.
0
kraigr3 (6)
4/1/2008 1:27:36 AM
Hi Kriag-

OOB you can only export roles that exist on the root Business Unit.  The are
several reasons for this, but the main one is that the org that you are
importing the roles into may not have the same BU structure, so CRM would not
know which BU's to include the roles on for sure.

However, you should be able to use the CRM 3.0 role export tool to export
your custom roles that are not part of the root BU
http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/CRM3RoleUtility/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=677

Thanks!
Shawn Dieken

"Kraig" wrote:

> On Mar 31, 4:41 pm, "Michael Höhne" <michael.hoe...@nospam.nospam>
> wrote:
> > I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they
> > listed in the export customizations list?
> >
> > --
> > Michael Höhne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
> >
> > CRM Blog:http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog

> > "Kraig" <krai...@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
> >

> > > Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It
> > > appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes
> > > sense that customized ones could be exported.- Hide quoted text -

> No. The only security roles that show up are the 2 OOB ones that I
> didn't delete. It doesn't make any sense. Thanks.

in what business unit did u created the custom roles?

"Kraig" <kraigr3@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Mar 31, 4:41 pm, "Michael H�hne" <michael.hoe...@nospam.nospam>
wrote:
> I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they
> listed in the export customizations list?
>
> --
> Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> CRM Blog:http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog

> "Kraig" <krai...@gmail.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitragnews:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
>

> > Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It
> > appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes
> > sense that customized ones could be exported.- Hide quoted text -

No. The only security roles that show up are the 2 OOB ones that I
didn't delete. It doesn't make any sense. Thanks.

0
fallar (47)
4/1/2008 6:17:12 AM

wrote:
> I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they
> listed in the export customizations list?
>
> --
> Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> CRM Blog:http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog

> "Kraig" <krai...@gmail.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitragnews:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
>

> > Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It
> > appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes
> > sense that customized ones could be exported.- Hide quoted text -

No. The only security roles that show up are the 2 OOB ones that I
didn't delete. It doesn't make any sense. Thanks.

0
fallar (47)
4/1/2008 6:17:22 AM
On Apr 1, 1:17=A0am, "Benjamin Fallar III" <fal...@pldtdsl.net> wrote:
> in what business unit did u created the custom roles?
>
> "Kraig" <krai...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 31, 4:41 pm, "Michael H=F6hne" <michael.hoe...@nospam.nospam>
> wrote:
>

> > I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they
> > listed in the export customizations list?
>
> > --
> > Michael H=F6hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> > CRM Blog:http://www.stunnware.com/?area=3Dblog

> > "Kraig" <krai...@gmail.com> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitragnews:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googleg=
roups.com...

> > > Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It
> > > appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes
> > > sense that customized ones could be exported.- Hide quoted text -

> No. The only security roles that show up are the 2 OOB ones that I
> didn't delete. It doesn't make any sense. Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

We have one org and 2 business units, and yes all of them are in one
of the business units. I created a role at the org level, and it shows
up to export, phew. I'm not sure why we put them all in a business
unit. I think we had a reason. This is our first experience with CRM.
Thanks all.
0
kraigr3 (6)
4/1/2008 2:31:23 PM
On Apr 1, 1:17 am, "Benjamin Fallar III" <fal...@pldtdsl.net> wrote:
> in what business unit did u created the customroles?
>
> "Kraig" <krai...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 31, 4:41 pm, "Michael H=F6hne" <michael.hoe...@nospam.nospam>
> wrote:
>

> > I don't have any problems exporting customsecurityroles. Aren't they
> > listed in the export customizations list?
>
> > --
> > Michael H=F6hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> > CRM Blog:http://www.stunnware.com/?area=3Dblog

> > "Kraig" <krai...@gmail.com> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitragnews:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googleg=
roups.com...

> > > Is there any way of exporting customsecurityrolesin CRM4.0? It
> > > appears only the OOBSecurityRolesare 'exportable'. It only makes
> > > sense that customized ones could be exported.- Hide quoted text -

> No. The onlysecurityrolesthat show up are the 2 OOB ones that I
> didn't delete. It doesn't make any sense. Thanks.

I was able to export the roles with the 3.0 tool. I'm not sure why our
consultants wanted the roles in the child business units, but the MBS
helped straighten me out on this. Thanks all.
0
kraigr3 (6)

Domain Controller Security Policy
Hello I was trying to open both "Domain Controller Security Policy" and "Domain Security Policy", I have the error: "Failed to open the group policy object, you may not have appropriate rights" and in detail section "the parameter is incorrect" I log on as administrator so don't think if it has anything to do with permission and right Thanks everyone TT ...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Custom Item Movement Report
Anyone out there have a custom item movement report and item movement history report that includes extended description that they would be willing to share? Thanks! -JIM That was a pretty tricky request but I was able to make the change. Download the reports here: http://www.newestech.com/downloads/itemmovement.zip If you cannot download from there shoort me an email and I will send over. Check out our RMS add-ons website in exchange.. http://www.newestech.com/POS/extensions.htm Casey Hanson New West Technologies chanson@newestech.com Hi, Can you do one with "Transferred To"...

Clearing security settings
I am setting up a new server that will be home to GP version 8. I am migrating from 7.5 to 8. I want to clear out all users, advanced security, and standard security settings and recreate them on the new server. Anybody ever scripted this? I assume I want to truncate tables, but I don't know which ones, other than what is show in techkno Steps to remove Advanced Security (874401). TIA If you run a delete statement on the SY02000 table, it will remove all settings, then you can run a reconcile against security restrictions and user access. "Cindy Lange" wrote: > I...

Custom cell formatting
I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like this. I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially alpha character. Can anyone help me?? -Monica, Dallas 000000 000001 000002 .... 000009 00000A 00000B 000010 000011 ...... Monica something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character Regards Trevor "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message news:#SD0tUzTEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to create a custom format for a series ...

4.0 Acceleration Software?
Have heard tell of a software "maybe called accelerate" that can be installed on the CRM server, which will increase speed and performance. My clients are complaining of slowness since crm has been installed. They all use Outlook client for desktop, and say there is a definite latency. I've been searching the web, but coming up empty on a software for this. Is it an urban myth or a secret that needs to be be shared? ...

Excel 2000 macro security Level
Hi! I am running an ASP.NET application which ideally opens an Exce spreadsheet with a macro included in it. When I try opening spreadsheet without a macro, everything works fine, but with macros, i hangs on the opening command. I tried to go to Excel 2000 and go t Tools->Macros->Security Level->Low but it still hangs when I try t open the macro spreadsheet. All works fine with the spreadsheet no containing macros, so it really is a question of macro security. But put it to low, so I don't understand how it is still not opening!! An help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and...

Outlook error message #4
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error. What's the problem? ...

Outlook Data Files #4

Custom CRect Question
I have a custom rectangle class that inherits from CRect: class CCustomRect : public CRect { private: CPoint m_maxPt; COLORREF m_color; TCHAR text[50]; public: CCustomRect(RECT* source, CPoint pt, COLORREF rgb); RECT* RectBase(); void Update(RECT* r); } Inheritance has worked well until I found myself needing to create the RectBase function (above) to return the rectangle dimensions. CRect does not seem to have any methods that can be called to return the base class's RECT value. I could take CRect::Size and construct a rectangle to return, but this seems a bit much. My...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

How do you access custom entities with javascript?
I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system attributes, but the second I try to get or set a value for a custom attribute, I get an error (null or not an object). My problem is I am checking the changed input to a field, and if it fails a certain criteria, I need to reset the original value. The best way I could think to do this was to store this value in a new attribute and then restore it if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. jsankovitch@gmail.com wrote: > I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system > attributes, b...

Outlook calender #4
If I became an appointment an print this the meeting organizer ist missing? why ...

Monitoring Security
Quick question... Anyone know of a tool that we could use to monitor exchange security? We need to know when users (or admins) log into foreign mailboxes, and would like to do periodic checks on security as a whole to check for strange permissions. Any help greatly appreciated. Exchange Security is a pretty broad term - you have to narrow down or be more specific of what exactly you want to look for. Having said that, most monitoring tools should be able to monitor for mailbox access from event logs when a user that's not the associated account for a mailbox tries to login to a ...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

CSplitterWnd #4
Can i place splitter derived from CSplitterWnd to dialog derived from CDialog? I try this " i place functions on CMyDialog::OnCreate(...) m_splitter.CreateStacic(...) m_splitter.CreateView(...) m_splitter.CreateView(...) " but does't work. Thx in advance... Are you getting any kind of error? Could you replace ellipsis with full list of parameters you are using? Try the same in OnInitDialog instead OnCreate. "Pavol. R." wrote: > Can i place splitter derived from CSplitterWnd to dialog derived from > CDialog? > I try this > " > i place fun...

Why Microsoft CRM
Hello, I am a Microsoft SBS2003 user looking into CRM. I can stay with the brand and install MS CRM1.2 Pro Suite and clients. Or, I can use an on-line, on-demand tool like salesforce.com. Why choose microsoft? Thanhk you. Mark There are a number of considerations when comparing CRM to salesforce.com. Here are a few to consider: Price: While the Professional Edition of salesforce.com is $65/user per month, the Enterprise Edition which allows things like advanced customization, integration with accounting and HR systems, and higher-end administration, is $125/user per month. But even...

Olutlook 2002
I've used the customize settings feature in Outlook Today to use "Summer Theme" but each time I start up it comes up in the standard theme. I can open the customize settings and close it and "Summer Theme" is there, but then I switch to mail and back to Outlook Today, I'm back to the standard theme. I've checked the registry and the setting is supposed to yield Summer Theme. Anyone know what's causing this problem? I really like the Summer Theme better than standard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Don ...

CRM 3.0 Locks up Outlook
I have tried to re-install, tried repair nothing works. What is the deal with this software??????? Hi Mark, Do you own alot of contacts in the CRM system? If so, you first time starting the application after the installation will probably take a long time because it synchronize all your contacts to your Outlook. If you don't want the initial sync, you need to disabled the sync by going to your personal settings in CRM or the registry on your laptop. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 2:36 pm, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried ...

Watermarks #4
I need to put the word "draft" into my Excell documents. Is it possible to put a draft watermark into Excel documents? If so, how? Hi Purple Hummer, you could open MS-Paint and create a picture with the word DRAFT and save. Then in Excel open your sheet and go to Format/Sheet/Background and load your newly created DRAFT picture. It just worked for me ok. Regards, Nick. "Purple Hummer" wrote: > I need to put the word "draft" into my Excell documents. Is it possible to > put a draft watermark into Excel documents? If so, how? Not that difficult: ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Displaying time from 00:00 to 0.00
I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been passworded so I can't crack it. :) I want to be able to write (van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time) 7.25 11.25 4.00 Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords):cool: -- North for Short ------------------------------------------------------------------------ North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

CRM 4 Workflow
Hi, I have created a fairly long workflow using the workflow GUI, there are lots of nested wait conditions and check conditions. When I get to the bottom of the visible screen and add a new stage it adds it on but I can't see the whole step to edit it, it seems to be when the screen has got to a certain length that scrollbars are required. When I click the twisties to hide stages and then display them again sometimes my new stage appears, sometimes not. It is proving impossible to complete the workflow, has anybody else encountered this problem? Thanks Rob Rob, Why dont you divide you...