Exporting CRM Opportunity List to Office Excel 2007

We have CRM 3.0 Server.
Our users are using CRM Web Client to access their leads, opportunities,
quotes and orders.

Using the Export toolbar button in CRM, users who have Office 2003 installed
on their PCs are able to export opportunity lists to Excell perfectly all
right, however users who have Office 2007 installed are not able to do that!

Is this a limitation in CRM 3.0 ? Is there a workaround (If any)? Any
possible risks when using or applying this workaround (If any)?

0
luai7 (37)
3/17/2008 2:49:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is this a limitation in CRM 3.0 ?
Definately not. MSCRM 3.0 works fine with Office 2007.

> Is there a workaround (If any)?
Are you running rollup pack 2, might help.
I would also check the security on the users machine to be set if the user
is running IE 6 service pack 2 or higher make sure MSCRM is in the "Local
Intranet" sites under security. If they are running a version before that
make sure MSCRM is in the "Trusted" sites under security.
Another thought is Excel 2007 is more secure than 2003 and you must manually
enable dynamic data each time (would be worthwhile to know if this happens
to static and dynamic exports)
--
Robert MacLean
http://www.sadev.co.za

0
robert4502 (52)
3/17/2008 5:29:03 PM
Hi Robert,

I heard that those rollups have dangerous consequences! What's your opinion?
Because I am really frightened and worried to apply these rollups and thus
making the system unstable which will add to the already existing users'
frustration

Please advise

"Robert MacLean" wrote:

> "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is this a limitation in CRM 3.0 ?
> Definately not. MSCRM 3.0 works fine with Office 2007.
>
> > Is there a workaround (If any)?
> Are you running rollup pack 2, might help.
> I would also check the security on the users machine to be set if the user
> is running IE 6 service pack 2 or higher make sure MSCRM is in the "Local
> Intranet" sites under security. If they are running a version before that
> make sure MSCRM is in the "Trusted" sites under security.
> Another thought is Excel 2007 is more secure than 2003 and you must manually
> enable dynamic data each time (would be worthwhile to know if this happens
> to static and dynamic exports)
> --
> Robert MacLean
> http://www.sadev.co.za

0
luai7 (37)
3/19/2008 11:08:00 AM
Be calm! The rollups do not have dangerous consequences; I have never - in 4
years of working with MS CRM - encountered a problem with any CRM hotfixes
or update rollups, neither have I seen anyone describe their conequences as
"dangerous".

Try not to worry so much :) . Just make sure you read the KB articles for
any manual post-update tasks; none of these can described as dangerous
activities

> Hi Robert,
>
> I heard that those rollups have dangerous consequences! What's your
> opinion?
> Because I am really frightened and worried to apply these rollups and thus
> making the system unstable which will add to the already existing users'
> frustration
>
> Please advise
>
> "Robert MacLean" wrote:
>
>> "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is this a limitation in CRM 3.0 ?
>> Definately not. MSCRM 3.0 works fine with Office 2007.
>>
>> > Is there a workaround (If any)?
>> Are you running rollup pack 2, might help.
>> I would also check the security on the users machine to be set if the
>> user
>> is running IE 6 service pack 2 or higher make sure MSCRM is in the "Local
>> Intranet" sites under security. If they are running a version before that
>> make sure MSCRM is in the "Trusted" sites under security.
>> Another thought is Excel 2007 is more secure than 2003 and you must
>> manually
>> enable dynamic data each time (would be worthwhile to know if this
>> happens
>> to static and dynamic exports)
>> --
>> Robert MacLean
>> http://www.sadev.co.za

0
discussions (171)
3/20/2008 5:03:14 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot  for the detailed explanation :-) I read this thing about
roll-ups in one or two weblogs.

Anyways, I am really pleased to hear that it has no dangerous consequences.

One last favor please, I have never installed any rollups before, can I
install the very last rollup rightaway? From where can I get this rollup?

Thanks in advance

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Be calm! The rollups do not have dangerous consequences; I have never - in 4
> years of working with MS CRM - encountered a problem with any CRM hotfixes
> or update rollups, neither have I seen anyone describe their conequences as
> "dangerous".
>
> Try not to worry so much :) . Just make sure you read the KB articles for
> any manual post-update tasks; none of these can described as dangerous
> activities
>

> "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Robert,
> >
> > I heard that those rollups have dangerous consequences! What's your
> > opinion?
> > Because I am really frightened and worried to apply these rollups and thus
> > making the system unstable which will add to the already existing users'
> > frustration
> >
> > Please advise
> >
> > "Robert MacLean" wrote:
> >
> >> "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Definately not. MSCRM 3.0 works fine with Office 2007.

> >> Are you running rollup pack 2, might help.
> >> I would also check the security on the users machine to be set if the
> >> user
> >> is running IE 6 service pack 2 or higher make sure MSCRM is in the "Local
> >> Intranet" sites under security. If they are running a version before that
> >> make sure MSCRM is in the "Trusted" sites under security.
> >> Another thought is Excel 2007 is more secure than 2003 and you must
> >> manually
> >> enable dynamic data each time (would be worthwhile to know if this
> >> happens
> >> to static and dynamic exports)
> >> --
> >> Robert MacLean
> >> http://www.sadev.co.za

0
luai7 (37)
3/22/2008 11:01:01 AM
www.microsoft.com/downloads and serach for   Update Rollup

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks a lot  for the detailed explanation :-) I read this thing about
> roll-ups in one or two weblogs.
>
> Anyways, I am really pleased to hear that it has no dangerous
> consequences.
>
> One last favor please, I have never installed any rollups before, can I
> install the very last rollup rightaway? From where can I get this rollup?
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
>> Be calm! The rollups do not have dangerous consequences; I have never -
>> in 4
>> years of working with MS CRM - encountered a problem with any CRM
>> hotfixes
>> or update rollups, neither have I seen anyone describe their conequences
>> as
>> "dangerous".
>>
>> Try not to worry so much :) . Just make sure you read the KB articles for
>> any manual post-update tasks; none of these can described as dangerous
>> activities
>>

>> "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Robert,
>> >
>> > I heard that those rollups have dangerous consequences! What's your
>> > opinion?
>> > Because I am really frightened and worried to apply these rollups and
>> > thus
>> > making the system unstable which will add to the already existing
>> > users'
>> > frustration
>> >
>> > Please advise

0
discussions (171)

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

how to find an item in a list control?

contact list #13

learning Excel #3

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

outlook 2007 e-mail

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

Excel VBA

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...