Exporting CRM Opportunity List to Office Excel 2007

We have CRM 3.0 Server.
Our users are using CRM Web Client to access their leads, opportunities,
quotes and orders.

Using the Export toolbar button in CRM, users who have Office 2003 installed
on their PCs are able to export opportunity lists to Excell perfectly all
right, however users who have Office 2007 installed are not able to do that!

Is this a limitation in CRM 3.0 ? Is there a workaround (If any)? Any
possible risks when using or applying this workaround (If any)?

0
luai7 (37)
3/17/2008 2:49:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is this a limitation in CRM 3.0 ?
Definately not. MSCRM 3.0 works fine with Office 2007.

> Is there a workaround (If any)?
Are you running rollup pack 2, might help.
I would also check the security on the users machine to be set if the user
is running IE 6 service pack 2 or higher make sure MSCRM is in the "Local
Intranet" sites under security. If they are running a version before that
make sure MSCRM is in the "Trusted" sites under security.
Another thought is Excel 2007 is more secure than 2003 and you must manually
enable dynamic data each time (would be worthwhile to know if this happens
to static and dynamic exports)
--
Robert MacLean
http://www.sadev.co.za

0
robert4502 (52)
3/17/2008 5:29:03 PM
Hi Robert,

I heard that those rollups have dangerous consequences! What's your opinion?
Because I am really frightened and worried to apply these rollups and thus
making the system unstable which will add to the already existing users'
frustration

Please advise

"Robert MacLean" wrote:

> "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is this a limitation in CRM 3.0 ?
> Definately not. MSCRM 3.0 works fine with Office 2007.
>
> > Is there a workaround (If any)?
> Are you running rollup pack 2, might help.
> I would also check the security on the users machine to be set if the user
> is running IE 6 service pack 2 or higher make sure MSCRM is in the "Local
> Intranet" sites under security. If they are running a version before that
> make sure MSCRM is in the "Trusted" sites under security.
> Another thought is Excel 2007 is more secure than 2003 and you must manually
> enable dynamic data each time (would be worthwhile to know if this happens
> to static and dynamic exports)
> --
> Robert MacLean
> http://www.sadev.co.za

0
luai7 (37)
3/19/2008 11:08:00 AM
Be calm! The rollups do not have dangerous consequences; I have never - in 4
years of working with MS CRM - encountered a problem with any CRM hotfixes
or update rollups, neither have I seen anyone describe their conequences as
"dangerous".

Try not to worry so much :) . Just make sure you read the KB articles for
any manual post-update tasks; none of these can described as dangerous
activities

> Hi Robert,
>
> I heard that those rollups have dangerous consequences! What's your
> opinion?
> Because I am really frightened and worried to apply these rollups and thus
> making the system unstable which will add to the already existing users'
> frustration
>
> Please advise
>
> "Robert MacLean" wrote:
>
>> "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is this a limitation in CRM 3.0 ?
>> Definately not. MSCRM 3.0 works fine with Office 2007.
>>
>> > Is there a workaround (If any)?
>> Are you running rollup pack 2, might help.
>> I would also check the security on the users machine to be set if the
>> user
>> is running IE 6 service pack 2 or higher make sure MSCRM is in the "Local
>> Intranet" sites under security. If they are running a version before that
>> make sure MSCRM is in the "Trusted" sites under security.
>> Another thought is Excel 2007 is more secure than 2003 and you must
>> manually
>> enable dynamic data each time (would be worthwhile to know if this
>> happens
>> to static and dynamic exports)
>> --
>> Robert MacLean
>> http://www.sadev.co.za

0
discussions (171)
3/20/2008 5:03:14 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot  for the detailed explanation :-) I read this thing about
roll-ups in one or two weblogs.

Anyways, I am really pleased to hear that it has no dangerous consequences.

One last favor please, I have never installed any rollups before, can I
install the very last rollup rightaway? From where can I get this rollup?

Thanks in advance

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Be calm! The rollups do not have dangerous consequences; I have never - in 4
> years of working with MS CRM - encountered a problem with any CRM hotfixes
> or update rollups, neither have I seen anyone describe their conequences as
> "dangerous".
>
> Try not to worry so much :) . Just make sure you read the KB articles for
> any manual post-update tasks; none of these can described as dangerous
> activities
>

> "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Robert,
> >
> > I heard that those rollups have dangerous consequences! What's your
> > opinion?
> > Because I am really frightened and worried to apply these rollups and thus
> > making the system unstable which will add to the already existing users'
> > frustration
> >
> > Please advise
> >
> > "Robert MacLean" wrote:
> >
> >> "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Definately not. MSCRM 3.0 works fine with Office 2007.

> >> Are you running rollup pack 2, might help.
> >> I would also check the security on the users machine to be set if the
> >> user
> >> is running IE 6 service pack 2 or higher make sure MSCRM is in the "Local
> >> Intranet" sites under security. If they are running a version before that
> >> make sure MSCRM is in the "Trusted" sites under security.
> >> Another thought is Excel 2007 is more secure than 2003 and you must
> >> manually
> >> enable dynamic data each time (would be worthwhile to know if this
> >> happens
> >> to static and dynamic exports)
> >> --
> >> Robert MacLean
> >> http://www.sadev.co.za

0
luai7 (37)
3/22/2008 11:01:01 AM
www.microsoft.com/downloads and serach for   Update Rollup

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks a lot  for the detailed explanation :-) I read this thing about
> roll-ups in one or two weblogs.
>
> Anyways, I am really pleased to hear that it has no dangerous
> consequences.
>
> One last favor please, I have never installed any rollups before, can I
> install the very last rollup rightaway? From where can I get this rollup?
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
>> Be calm! The rollups do not have dangerous consequences; I have never -
>> in 4
>> years of working with MS CRM - encountered a problem with any CRM
>> hotfixes
>> or update rollups, neither have I seen anyone describe their conequences
>> as
>> "dangerous".
>>
>> Try not to worry so much :) . Just make sure you read the KB articles for
>> any manual post-update tasks; none of these can described as dangerous
>> activities
>>

>> "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Robert,
>> >
>> > I heard that those rollups have dangerous consequences! What's your
>> > opinion?
>> > Because I am really frightened and worried to apply these rollups and
>> > thus
>> > making the system unstable which will add to the already existing
>> > users'
>> > frustration
>> >
>> > Please advise

0
discussions (171)

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Excel 2007

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

Exchange 2007 across account search

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Excel DNS query

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...