Experience with Business Data Lookup Snap

Hi,

is anyone using the business data lookup snap? We haven't installled it
yet on our test server. I just would like to ask for some opinions -
advantages, disadvantages - just whatever comes into your mind.

Thanx!!

0
Gela14
6/21/2006 6:08:31 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Gela14" <angela1404@gmx.de> wrote in message
> is anyone using the business data lookup snap? We haven't installled it
> yet on our test server. I just would like to ask for some opinions -

    Do you mean the Word/Excel plugins? Those run on the workstation.  In my
experience the Word plugin was fine.  The Excel plugin didn't work at all
despite a lot of effort.  My notes:

-----
Requires .NET v2.0 on the workstations.

If after installation the toolbar is not visible in Word, try the following.

Option 2 below installs all the ".NET Programmability Support" items in each
Office program.  You can do that and not actually have to install all of the
program options.

1. Check if word,Excel or Outlook is running. If yes then do the following:
a. kill word,Excel & Outlook.(Use task manager to kill. Ensure "Show process
from all users" check box is checked.)
b. Open registry by running regedit from start|Run. Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\CRMScenarios.Connect
and set Loadbehaviour value to 3. Do the same for Excel.
c. Try again.

2. It might be failing because Microsoft Office programs are not completly
installed. follow following steps to fix this:-
a. Go to Control panel | Add / Remove Programs
b. Select Microsoft Office 2003 and click on "change"
c. Select Add or Remove Features option and click "Next"
d. Check "choose Advanced customization of applications" and click "Update"
e. Select Microsoft Office Word and click on icon corresponding to it.
Choose "run all from My Computer" option.
f. Click Update
g. Once Update completes then try using Word application again.
-----

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car
payments.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~

0
Steve

Dashboards and Source Data
Hello, I created a dashboard with several small graphs on it. The data for the graphs is stored on a separate data sheet (i.e., work sheet). I now want to duplicate the dashboard/data sheets to build a dashboard for another employee. I envision the workbook eventually having 5 dashboards driven off 5 data sheets. The trick I'm looking for is a way to change the datasource for the graphs on the copied datasheet to the appropriate corresponding data sheet. I know how to do it manually but it seems like there should be some sort of "find and replace" type f...

How to force data to be put in entry
When anther row (line) is added to a worksheet I want to be made sure within the row a certain column is filled in before saving is done. How do I create that? Thx, Jac Hi Jac You can use this event in the Thisworkbook module to check if all cells in the C column in Sheet1 have a value If not you can't save the file See also this event Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) RC = Sheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Rows.Count If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA _ ...

Data Validation Help Needed urgently !!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to write a data validation in VBA. I know I have the code right but I can't get it to work. It works fine if the validation was done dirctly in excel but I get an error when I try the same thing in VBA. Below is a snippet of the code I am having a problem with. The problem seem to be with the " Formula1:=" line. I have been scratching my head for the past 24hrs now trying to figure this out and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Range("B3:C3").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type...

US Data File in UK Money
If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't want to have to re-input hundreds of items. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "Keith" <@.> wrote: >If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the >latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? > >If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't >want t...

Free/Busy info not available
Hi, I have exhausted all Outlook related articles about Free/Busy info not available. I have checked replication of the Public Folder instance of "SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY/EX:/o=" in the E2K System Manager. The users are in the same Admin Group/Server/Storage Group/Information Store, but no information displays in Outlook 2003 or OWA. Where do I look now? -- Cheers DV This happens when the Calendar has no entry. When you save the first task at the calendar, the Free/Busy information of this mailbox is available. -- Jorge Patricio D�az Guzm�n MCP http://www.itpro.cl <vink...

Excel ODBC driver created table/inserted data lost on application
Using native ODBC API I connect to an Excel spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls) 4.00.6305.00 successfully and I am able to create a new table and insert data into the new table and retrieve the inserted new data successfully. While my application is running I can disconnect and reconnect to the Excel data source and see the new table and its data. However, when my application exit the new table and inserted data are lost and the spreadsheet is never updated. Is there a special ODBC command to close/save an Excel worksheet? OK. I found out the cause of this is...

msMoney Business 2004, Job costs
how can i track job costs? ...

Excel: Ignoring Specific data in a column
I have Excel data (raw) that I am importing into an Excel sheet which has my formulas). I am trying to add up a column of numbers, but some of the fields have the letter's "N/A" Presently I am using formula =sum(A10:A15000), but it is not working due to the "N/A". How can I get Excel to ignore the "N/A" and just add the cell's that do have the numbers. For reference, the numbers do have decimal points (xx.xx) Thanks, -Avi If the N/A are just text, then select the column and use find/replace to make them all zeros. If the N/A are the result of fu...

Publisher and business cards
I have made up a business card and it always shows little boxes in between the cards that print. How could Get rid of these lines. Thanking you in advance for your help Joe Are they crop marks? How many cards are you printing per page? If they are crop marks, click advanced print settings in the printer dialogue, page settings tab, clear crop marks. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sacredarms" <sacredarms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E71FFB-0A1D-4FBD-A8B3-04D53B0DB048@micr...

Can't delete a business unit only disable
Hi, I am evaluating MS CRM 1.2 and can't delete a business unit. I am a Sys Admin but notice in that roles for Business Management that the sys admin can't delete certain things and I can't work out how to give thr role that authority? Does anyone have any ideas? Many Thanks, Brian You can't. There are certain items in the system that can not be deleted. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Brian Clynes" <brianc@NOSPAMvtn-tech.com> wrote in message news:dba0f5447b6a4242bfd0122478075d94@ureader.com... Hi, I am evaluating MS CRM 1.2 and can't delet...

Macro to delete specific data in tables
Hi: I am an analyst working in service quality for a market research firm. We use SPSS 12 to output the data and later copy paste the tables into Excel for formatting and printing. The problem I currently have is that I got a large group of output tables which come in two different formats. The first table is like this: Satisfacción Expectativas Mean Std Deviation Masculino 5,4 1,4 Femenino 3,8 2,2 Group Total 5,3 1,5 Menos de 2400 UF 5,9 ,9 2401 a 25 mil UF 5,6 1,2 25.001 a 100 mil UF 5,0 1,6 Más de 100.001 UF ...

Exporting data #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to export from a Money account into a format that Excel = can read? I have used Excel extensively but do not know what to do with = the qif extension that Money exports. It could be that I just don't know = how to import the data in Excel. Thanks --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-E...

HOW DO I ENTER DATA WHEN I SEEM TO BE STUCK IN A SUMMATION FORMULA
WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A SUMMATION. I CAN'T GET RID OF THE SHADING OR GET IT TO ENTER DATA? -- K J PETERSON hi typing with all caps is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. press the F8 key once and see what happens. Regards FSt1 "kenneth j peterson" wrote: > WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK > THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A > SUMMATION....

Omit data based on criteria in reports
I have a report which gives an employee's productivity rating, based on a set standard. This standard depends on what product the employee is running at the time. However, some times the employees run products that do not have standards associated with them (trial products for instance). A daily report tells: Employee Product How much was produced How much was expected (standard) % Expected (How much was produced/How much was expected) When a trial product is run on a given day, the % Expected number is Null (=IIf([How much was expected] = 0, Nul...

Search/Extract Data w/in Text File
Hello again! I am searching within a text file for the last row within the file. After I locate the row I need to separate the data and place into multiple cells on my worksheet. The code I have is as follows: Dim TextPath As String Dim DelimSrchChar As String Dim METtime As String Dim DataBuffer As Variant Dim NCData As Variant Dim DelimPos As Integer '=============================================== DelimSrchChar = "," TextPath = "C:\Temp\Formatted_NC_SN1008.txt" Open TextPath For Input As #1 'open text file for SN1008 Do While Not EOF(1) ...

lookup?
I am trying to do a type of lookup in excel. If I input a part number in cell "e12" for example and I have a large parts list in a column "K" and corresponding prices in "L" column, I would like to us a formula to locate the part number from the "K" column and return the corresponding price from column "L" to cell "f12". Put this formula in F12: =VLOOKUP(E12,K:L,2,FALSE) ...

The lookup reference could not be resolved
Hi, I am trying to use the Data Migration Manager to do a very simple import of two entities (one of which has a relationship with the other). No matter what I do, I am consistently getting the message "The lookup reference could not be resolved" even though all of the values I am trying to relate exist in the related entity file I am also importing. The scenario is very simple: EntityA - Column 1 - Column 2 - Column 3 EntityB - Column 1 - Column 2 [relationship; EntityB.Column2 = EntityA.Column2 (picklist)] - Column 3 - Column 4 Does anyone have any ideas? This has bee...

Recover data from a corrupted spreadsheet
any suggestions for recovering data from a secured spreadsheet/ password protected? The hard drive had a corrupted FAT table, I have recovered the files and I can extract data from non-secured spreadsheets but I cannot extract data from any secured spreadsheets. The data appear encrypted. How do I enter a password if I am not prompted for one when attempting to open the spreadsheet? Any suggestions or use of additional third party tools would be appreciated. -- als Maybe OpenOffice would be worth a try: (http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD) I've never used it, b...

vba excel 2007 data mining
hi, i tried recording a macro to do an analysis using excel 2007 data mining addin. But later when i try to run the macro it did not work. I checked the macro code - it did not seem have any code to call the data mining algorithm in the data mining addin. Please help ...

How do I sort data in column B to align with data in column A?
Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I want to be able to sort a range of codes in Column B to basically move and realign to the same row as the data that is in Colmn A eg Start Column A Column B R F G B B H H R F G Finish Column A Column B R R G G B B H H F F Piece a cake. Delete columm B, then copy column A and paste into Column B "Jephri1" wrote: > Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I...

lost data....lost person! #3
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

Filter data into separate worksheet
I'm in the process of trying to make a spreadsheet for work but I'm just clueless... excel is not my area of expertise! :) The original spreadsheet has 10 columns with various pieces of information... column D is what is important to me... column D has 5 choices for "reasons"... I want the main tab to remain untouched but in the other 5 tabs of the spreadsheet, I want the different "choices" to then filter into the other tabs... For example - the choices include "Coverage" "Equipment" "Customer Service", etc... I want the tab entitled...

Business card CD template
I've asked this before and was told to head over to Neato. I went to Neato. I bought their software and have used the label creator but.... I can purchase the business card CDs for half the cost of the Neato blank CDs at a place called cd-now (I think that's the site). The Neato template is for 69mm blanks and the blanks that I bought from the other site are 69mm however the Neato template includes a note that it's + or - 1mm and that never seemed like a large measurement to me before but I've got cramps in my hands from trying to slice a mm off the labels and my eyes ...

Open Form with macro and data from Selected Record
I am wanting a person to open a form, and have the subform display the records that relate to the main form. This part works. I then have a continuous form view for the subform and i want the user to be able to double click on the record they see in the subform and have it pull up that record into a blank form. I get the blank form to open up when they double click, however I cannot get the data for that record to show up. I either get a blank/new record or all records. I am trying the SearchForRecord macro in an On Load Event. This loads after the form has been opened. Ac...

MbfPackager Failed Loading Packager Data
Hi, I have recently installed GP 10 and Business Portal 4.0.I later uninstalled GP 10, Business Portal 4.0, WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007 and insatlled WSS 2.0 and installed GP 9.0 with SP1,SP2 and Business Portal 3.0. While installing Business Portal 3.0, i got the error "MbfPackager Failed Loading Packager Data" with error summary as "Failed Loading Packager Data Element (PD_HRM_COMMON) for Install Feature (HRM)" What might be the cause for this and how to resolve this? Thanks, Mohan. ...