expand CRM database

could we expand CRM database and add more fields?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

Yes this is possible. This is called customization in crm and is possible
for all the normal entities like contacts, accounts, opportunities, leads
etc. Microsoft created a tool called 'Deployment manager' for this which is
delivered with the application.

With kind regards,
Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"shm" wrote:

> could we expand CRM database and add more fields?

Outlook CRM & MSDE Issues
I have a XP workstation that already has SQL 2000 installed. I have installed a new named instance of MSDE sp3, but when I run the setup for the Putlook portion of the CRM, it cannot find any instances of the MSDE engine. I am at the end of my rope here, as I have tried just about everything and I do not understand why the CRM install cannot see it. Service Manager can find the MSDE db without issues. Has anyone run into this or know of a way around it? The CRM install will automatically add the needed MSDE engine to the client machine. Remove the one you installed and let it do th...

Cascading style sheets in CRM 3.0's email creator
When I cut/paste from design view in an html editor like Frontpage 2003 into CRM 3.0's email interface CRM picks up the text, pictures just fine, BUT it doesn't pick up the CSS....instead it just applies the default CRM 3.0 email font type/size. Is this just a limitation of CRM 3.0 since it does not actually have an integrated raw html editor? ...

back disk for database
how would i go about backing up my database to a disk format so as not to lose daily/weekly activity ...

Outlook Offline Use of CRM Address Book
I am using the CRM Outlook client and have created a CRM Contact. I have confirmed the CRM Contact appears in: a) my Outlook Contacts, b) my CRM Contacts, and c) the CRM Address Book. I then take the CRM Outlook client Offline, close Outlook, and disconnect from my network. Upon reopening Outlook, the CRM Address Book is empty (but the GAL is still populated). Why is the CRM Address Book empty? Doesn't it get cached like the rest of the CRM Contacts? -- David David, It should be available offline. I would take a look at the following blog post about the CRM address book: htt...

SQL Server Database Setup
-- My Form Solicits The Following: Type of Pet: (radio button selection) First Name (text) Last Name (text) Street Address (text/numeric) City (text) State (text) Zip Code: (numeric) Email: (text) Phone: (numeric) Name of Pet (Text) Age (numeric) Weight (numeric) Breed (text) Color (text) Gender (radio button selection) Spayed (radio button selection) Rabies Vacine (radio button selection) Pet Information (text box) Photo (upload) OptIn (Checkbox Yes/No) The SQL table CREATION TOOL at my host has the following columns KEY - Column - Type - Length - Prec. - Scale - N...

DST Import into CRM- Test batch count equals 0
We are trying to import out ACT! data into MSCRM using the cdf databases, and have been going along without problems until we get to the test integration- the p_cdf_SetTestBatchCount appears to work fine, but when we go to the cdf_EntityMigrationInfo, the TestBatchCount still reads <null> not the value we set. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ...

Cannot change Organization Setting in CRM
Hi: I have a problem in MS CRM 3.0. In the "System Setting" of "organization settings", after I change the setting and save, system did not prompt any error message, but system will not save my setting??? When I open the "System setting" again, it is still the old setting. Why? Thanks -- Richard Hi, You need to publish your changes... there's a button for it on the toolbar "Richard Jin" wrote: > Hi: > > I have a problem in MS CRM 3.0. > In the "System Setting" of "organization settings", after I change the ...

Automatically having all incoming emails as CRM activity is not wo
I have just installed EMAIL Router on exchange, while it was working earlier, now it is not working. My incoming emails into the CRM box, is not getting converted into an activity automatically. Can someone pls. help. Sumit Hello, Could you please give some more details ? Incoming emails appears in MS CRM, but the corresponding activities don't appear ? Is that your problem ? Have you watch in the 'Closed Activity' view ? -- Michael MARTIN BrainSoft (France) "Sumit" wrote: > I have just installed EMAIL Router on exchange, while it was working earlier, >...

CRM 3.0 and antivirus ?
We have an install where CRM 3.0 and Mcaffee Enterprise 8.0 antivirus is installed. When antivirus is disabled CRM performs noticably faster. We tried to disable javascript scanning and scanning of CRM folders but that doesn't seem to help. Has anyone experienced anything like this and eventually got a solution/workaround ? Jack ...

Merging Database for award certificates
How can I merge database of names to print to award certificates? Use Mail Merge -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Techy AP" <TechyAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1BBAAFE-11CE-4F9A-AB72-F3D5F0D8DCDE@microsoft.com... > How can I merge database of names to print to award certificates? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.774 / Virus Database: 521 - Release Date: 10/7/2004 A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from JoAnn Paules <...

CRM speed
My Microsoft CRM system takes 20-30 seconds to load a new window despite our server Ram being upgraded. Is there any way to improve it’s performance? RAM is good but there are other things to consider such as Processors, drive and RAID configuration, array controllers, other applicaitons running at the server and network configuration to name some. "Lorcan Ryan" wrote: > My Microsoft CRM system takes 20-30 seconds to load a new window despite our > server Ram being upgraded. Is there any way to improve it’s performance? Try increasing the IIS cache. This has helped u...

Importing an Access Database into Excel
I was trying to find out if there is a downloadable add-in for Excel that will give you Microsoft query capability. I hace Excel 2000 but I cannot open an Access file due to not having the 2002 version. I was told that I needed to go through the process of 1) hitting Import External Data then 2) Clicking new Database Query. I then get the message that I must first install the optional Microsoft Query. How can I download/install this optional Microsoft Query? Thanks for any help! Jeff Tarlton --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Jeff It's part of what you already have....

DLOOKUP as a sufficient function for making a dynamic database
Hi all, i found out that using DLOOKUP i can bypass the database object declaration is it suffiecent or there are some disadvantage in this function,is there a better function for this use? any comments on this hi, thread wrote: > i found out that using DLOOKUP i can bypass the database object > declaration > is it suffiecent or there are some disadvantage in this function,is > there a better function for this use? If you are using it seldomly, then you may use it, but it is slower then using an DAO.Recordset. http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0012.htm > any comments ...

CRM Security Question
I am trying to enable access to a few features in our MS CRM installation (specifically New/Case and New/Article). If I log in as the Domain Administrator on our MS CRM server, I can access CRM using the "CRM Management" shortcut. Once into the CRM Web Interface, I drop down on the New menu and see "Case" and "Article" in their own section of the menu. However, if I login with my own account ID from my workstation, I do not see these options in the New menu. I have matched my login settings with the settings for the Domain Administrator in CRM (Busines...

SOS! SharePoint Install
I downloaded SharePoint Services 2.0 and installed it on my Windows Server 2003 Std. server where CRM 3.0 is installed. Now, I can't use CRM. When I double click the icon I get a message that says "The Server is Unavailable". Major disaster! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. Did you reboot the server? "Lloyd" wrote: > I downloaded SharePoint Services 2.0 and installed it on my Windows Server > 2003 Std. server where CRM 3.0 is installed. Now, I can't use CRM. When I > double click the icon I get a message that says "The Server is...

Exchange database size
My client's Exchange server database recently exploded in size. Since the handful of users in this small business use hosted POP3 and SMTP mail at their domain I'm surprised by this development. I see a few pc's have their inboxes in Exchange, the rest have mail in their local PST files. But in any event there's no way the emails of 5 users could be generating 40GB worth of space. Any suggestions on solving this would be helpful. Exchange fans please spare me the rant, I've heard it before. I just need to figure out a way to get Exchange out of the pictur...

Multiple CRM servers
I've been asked the following question, and not having dealt with any implementations of this scale, I don't really have the experience to answer it fairly. Additionally, I haven't been able to find any documentation one way or the other. Here's the setup--large company, happy with a single CRM organization, but for workload issues, wants multiple CRM servers. In theory, I know this should be OK. My question: Are there any known gotchas, or issues, or things that need to be done differently when installing the second (or third etc) CRM servers? Ta James Finley Auldhouse A...

Microsoft CRM User
Hello everybody, I have just installed the Microsoft CRM 3.0 and when I go to create users with Deployment Manager, I am unable to find an option to create or import users from Active Directory. The only option is create new Licence. Would you please help me how I can add users in my MS CRM 3.0? Thanks. Hi Users are added via the application, not deployment manager. Log into CRM via the web browser (as an admin) then go to the settings area and choose business unit settings. There you will find an area to manage users. When you add anew user just put their AD logon name in and it ...

Does anyone have a CRM workflow example
Hello, I'm looking for some assistance with creating a simple CRM workflow. All I want the workflow to do is: Send an email whenever a new order record is created in CRM. The email should contain the order date, created by, and order amount. I tried, but mine seems to be functioning strange. It seems to be sending emails in batches of new orders instead of real time. Some of the orders are not really new orders, but just updated. Also, I cannot get the order amount to appear on the text. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks ...

Updating CRM Templates
Currently we have our CRM templates (to use for mail merging) saved locally. We would like to move these onto a shared drive on our network. However, the problem is that when they are shared, we are experiencing a normal.dot issue because it is being accessed by more than one person at a time. We are told there is no way around the normal.dot issue. So we are fine storing the templates locally. However, we would like to set up a process for updating these templates periodically, in the event that changes/updates need to be made. Since they are stored locally, not everyone would rec...

MS CRM Installation
Unkonwingly i today started my MS CRM server installation on system with 128MB RAM, the installation went fine upto 85% and then came out. Now i have increased my RAM to 390MB, and i try to remove my CRM Server but in windows control panel, add/remove programs it shows the MSCRM but the options to change/remove are unclickable and it doesn't show the size of the application which is normally done. I am struck i can't remove my CRM, i can't login, what do i do? pls. help. When i start my browser IE6.0 SP1 on browsing http://CRM it shows Ms CRM server or security service has...

Lead Web Form Dumping into CRM 4.0
I just got a question on creating a web form that could appear on our company website that would allow end users to submit requests for information via a form that would dump into CRM 4.0 as a lead. I know I need web services but can anyone advise me of any codeplex solutions, or quick turn around ones I could use to get started? I do not write .net code. Thanks. Consider http://www.c360.com/Products.aspx both the "Sales" & "Service" Productivity Packs. One has "Email to Case" and the other has "Web Connect” I think that is just the thing for your ne...

Database Question
Good day. Is there a way, in Excel, to assign an ID to a specific individual and then track the individual by the ID rather than their position in a list? I'll try to be clearer now... I have a list of names that (employee list) that changes from week to week. If I alphabetize the names, an individual will be in a different spot than the previous week, making it impossible to simply track an individual by their place in the list. What I want to do is to be able to track an individual by an ID as opposed to their place in the list. I hope this is clear, I'm sure there is a very bas...

Mounting Exchange Database
Recently, I had an exchange server database go bad. After having no luck with eseutil and isinteg, I restored the database with Veritas. However, I am missing a few days of emails because the ntbackup file got corrupted and my Veritas backup was not up to date. I purchased software and was able to recover the priv1.edb database. I then made a new test mailbox store, and pointed to the recovered priv1.edb database. For some reason the backup did not have the database streaming file, so I just used an old one. When I tried to mount it I got an inconsistency error. I'm going to try eseutil ag...

Open database so only form in view no menu bars etc...
Hi, i am doing a project at uni in access 07 and am looking for a way to hide all the toolbars/menubars when you open a database initially, i only want the forms to be viewed and am having trouble do you need to write code? if so where do you put it? i have used access 03 before and i'm sure i just made an autoexec macro but that doesnt seem to work in 07 - any help would be appreciated... -- Gareth Boughtwood University of Brighton, Sussex, ...