Existing Service Activity

Hi All

I would like the ability to add a customer to an exisiting scheduled service
activity.

I know this can be done from the service activity area (Open up activity and
add customers), however i was wondering if there is a way i can do this in
reverse. That is open a contact, and then show the scheduled service
activities and then add the contact in as a customer ?

I have only been able to add a new service activity from the contact area,
something i do not want to do.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Luke
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Managing all my rules: do any tools exist OR do I have to write my own tools?
I have well over 50 Outlook rules that sort incoming messages into different mailboxes. I am on a number of Yahoo Groups lists. For some of the lists, I have written rules for individual threads. I am using OL 2003 with an ISP, not Exchange. My specific issue is that it is impossible to "manage" the rules. For example, here is functionality that doesnt' appear to be in OL2003, nor in any of the "Rules" section tools on the Slipstick site: 1. print out a list of all rules 2. find the differences between two rules that have the same conditions or actions. 3. di...

Open files from Windows Sharepoint Services
Hi all, Is any way to open a file directly from WSS 3.0 without insert a login? Every time I open a Word or Excel file from WSS 3.0. It prompt me an username and password. Although it is working fine, is any way to skip this because I feel all user login to WSS, they already insert the information. Why we need to insert again and again? KF Thomas SHIU ------=_NextPart_0001_D45576F1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Have you tried adding the site the trusted sites zone? Harish K ------=_NextPart_0001_D45576F1 Content-Type: text/x-rtf Co...

Report call times out when called through web service but not through Report Manager
Hello all, I have a Reporting Services report that runs fine when I run it from Visual Studio. It also runs fine from Report Manager. However, when I run it from an .aspx page named RSRenderReport.aspx, I get a timeout error after about 100 seconds. I have set the following: In the web.config: <httpRuntime executionTimeout="300" maxRequestLength="300000" /> In the code behind, RSRenderReport.aspx.vb: Dim objRS As New ReportingService.ReportExecutionService objRS.Timeout = -1 The error returned is: ****BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE***** Mess...

How do I make a water mark for an existing text page in publisher
When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and arange to send to background the water mark disappears. and if I try other ways then my text on my original document dissappears. Put your watermark on the Master Page (ctrl+m). Any picture can become a watermark if you use the wash out feature. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jimmyy" <jimmyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0FCE3D-0A94-4908-BC33-2D9DA59DF614@microsoft.com... > When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and > arange to send ...

Reporting Services Sharepoint Add-in
I have recently setup SRSS in integrated mode and everything seems fine. I am using SQL Server 2005 with WSS 3.0 as part of a project server installation. Previously I had been using SRSS in native mode. The setup of SRSS has all completed successfully and I have gone in to Sharepoint Central administration and done all the Reporting Services configuration. I now want to set up a site on my server to publish all my reports to. However, the Report Center template that is constantly referred to is not available. Where do I go from here? ...

Outlook Service Pack 3
After upgrading to Ser Pack 3 I continually receive a prompt (error message) when sending an email. The message reads ...A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do want to allow or deny access. As I am sending an email I assume I will be accessing my contacts...any thoughts on how to turn this message off. Have looked through security settings but no luck. Might want to take a look at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems to see if anything listed here might be causing this prompt. "Ches" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

trade discounts on service call invoices
We would like to be able to have the option of excluding trade discounts on service call invoices. Right now, the trade discount is automatically created on the invoice from the service call. We would like to be able to turn off that feature. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

This email already exist in this organisation. ID: c10312e7
Hello, We are using SBS 2003 in a small organisation (1 server, 4 workstations) I am trying to add an email address (xxx@yy.nl) to a public folder. This email address previously was assigned to a (the only) distribution group, but was removed there. The public folder xxx gets an email addres of xxx1@yy.nl and if I change it to xxx@yy.nl the error message appears. I can't assign this address back to the group either. If I send an email to this address the notification states that it's refused by the public folder store. Searched all the discussions concerning c10312e7. I have tried th...

Deactivate/Disable User and activities
Hi. Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? Would other users be able to manage the activities. Thank you. -- Cheers Sue Hi, before disabling your user, you could first assign his open activities to one or more other users before deactivating him "Sue" wrote: > Hi. > > > Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) > if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? > > Would other users be able to manage the activities. > > Thank you. > > -- &g...

Installing CRM 3.0 on Server 2003 with an existing SBS 2003 DC
Can someone point me in the right direction. I want to install CRM 3.0 - Small Business Edition on a Dual Xeon Server with Raid 5 and Server 2003 and have it integrate with my existing DC, an SBS 2003 Server and Exchange. I cannot find any info on this type of setup anywhere. My SBS Server is a Dual Xeon server but as it only has 2 SATA drives configured as a Raid 1, I would like to use the other server. Any and ALL help will be greatly appreciated. David I would try the CRM Implantations guide at the following link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f7...

Activity Roll up
Hi, I was just wondering if the activity roll up within an account includes activities created in custom entities which are related to that account? If not, any ideas on how to do this? Help please.... :( Activity rollup in V3.0 does not support rolling up from custom entities. Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this feature for a future release. An Issue has been entered into our tracking data base. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserve...

Activation Code for Money 2004 Deluxe
Can anyone get this link to work with either button. I keep getting the page can not be displayed. http://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/PurchaseQuestion.as p?SKU=860- 00211&SKUName=Mohttp://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/Pur chaseQuestion.asp?SKU=860-00211&SKUName=Money%20Deluxe% 202003%20English%20Upgrade%20From%20Money% 20Trial&img=/OMLibrary/images/X0880521frs.jpg Jason, Just use the link without the SKU: http://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/PurchaseQuestion.asp Good Luck! Regards, JB "jasona@arnell-west.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Workflow Engine -- Firing on Change to a Field in Existing Record
Hi, Has anyone found an acceptable work-around to fire off an automated workflow rule when a value in a field of an EXISTING record changes? Out-of-the-box you can only trigger rules to run when a record is created, the status changes (active or inactive) or run manually. Alan ...

DirSync of Novell Connector, doesn't find existing users
DirSync of Novell Connector, doesn't find existing users ...

Activating Workbooks...
I'm creating a VB macro that needs to activate multiple workbooks that all have a different name. I.E. workbook 1 = 91547.645 workbook 2 = 93284.670 workbook 3 = 91549.680 where the first five characters are the fund number, and the last three characters are the workstation number I don't want the macro to care which workstation the fund is on, and just activate the workbook based on the fund number... I got the workbooks to open using fundnumber & ".*"... but I can't activate or close the workbooks by using the ".*" Anyone know a solution?...

Setting up online services for multiple accounts at same bank
I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at the same bank. Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download transactions for my credit and my wife's credit both held with MBNA. I can set one up just fine, but Money doesn't seem to let me set the second one up. At least not intuitively. Any ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, phudrick wrote: >I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at >the same bank. Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download >transactions for my cred...

Schedule Recurring Activity: Call
I'm trying to figure out how to set up a recurring call in Workflow. For example: under Account, I have a rule set up to schedule a call XX number of days after it has been assigned. When account is assigned if Account.customertypecode = Customer then Phone Call: &account.name; end if stop Does anyone know how to set up a call so it's get scheduled every XX days automatically? Thanks! Sean Powers ...

Add new activity after the creation of a baseline
Good afternoon. I would like to know how I could manage the following situation in Project 2007: 0. a new project has been created 1. activities for the project have been created 2. a baseline has been traced 3. the customer has posted some new requirements and we want to create new activities in the project without altering the original baseline Solution: We could create a new baseline (baseline 1) to register the planned work hours for the new activities Problem: When we want to calculate enterprise ressources productivity using a project server cube or when we want...

"Service Unavailable" Error Message in Outlook 2002
Hi All, Appreciate for your help here. When launching an ASPX page that contains Microsoft WebService Behavior 1.0.1.1120, within Outlook 2002, The web service returns error "Service Unavailable". But when there is no problem lauching from that aspx page from IE 6. Thanks, Dao Hi "Dao Trinh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c5201c3e5e7$a5a75980$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Appreciate for your help here. > > When launching an ASPX page that contains Microsoft > WebService Behavior 1.0.1.1120, within Outlook 200...

triggering a workflow activity when another workflow is finished
I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the first step's results. Unfortunately, the second step starts before the child workflow in the first step is completed - not what I want to do. How do I make the second step wait for the child workflow to finish? On Jan 24, 5:34=A0pm, Laura Bennett <l...@embracepetinsurance.com> wrote: > I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a > child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the > first...

How can i change Calendar on the appointment page on activities ??
Dear All, i have a big problem on CRM, as a client wants to change the Gregorian Calendar from all pages of the CRM to Hijri Calendar as example (or any other calendars in the universe) on CRM 1.2. Any FeedBAck is mostly appreciated Best Regards ...

Help with "Unable to start processing service"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6D8C7.E2F3FC50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "Unable to start processing service. The DLL file for the information = service could not be found, MAPI was unable to load the information = service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and = configured." I have tried repairing and reinstalling is anyone familiar with this?=20 ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6D8C7.E2F3FC50 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1&q...

SSL in a C++ web services client
I'm trying to add SSL support to my web service client. It's written in VC++ 7.1 (Visual Studio .NET 2003), but it's NOT managed code. I've created the web service, and configured my server with a certificate, and tested it with IE, and it works fine. When I add a reference to the web service into my C++ client application, it will work unsecured, but not secured (using SSL). Apparently, the ATL classes don't have support for SSL sockets. Is this true? If so, what's the best way to achieve secure access to my web service from a C++ application? Thank you! ...

how to load/import/populate an existing works database
Hi, I want to put a flat file (.txt) file into an existing works 7.0 database. I can "open" the file, but it doesnt have any column names for the data (delimited by commas or tabs). How do I get this data loaded into an "Existing" database.. Does everyone key all data into works databases? Is there no provision to load in a "batch" style. I have the database defiled, with the correect columns, but when I "open" the txt file, it puts it into a New unnamed database rather than the one I want it to go into. Can I then some how "merge" thi...

DCOM cannot start a service
Tipo de suceso: Error Origen del suceso: DCOM Categor�a del suceso: Ninguno Id. suceso: 10000 Fecha: 10/04/2010 Hora: 17:02:10 Usuario: NT AUTHORITY\Servicio de red Equipo: PCEDU Descripci�n: No se puede iniciar un servidor DCOM: {1F87137D-0E7C-44D5-8C73-4EFFB68962F2}. El error: "El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado. " Ha ocurrido mientras iniciaba este comando: -Embedding Para obtener m�s informaci�n, vea el Centro de ayuda y soporte t�cnico en 'Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search' (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp). ...