Exchange fails to send CRM emails

When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail
to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same
address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem.  Exchange 2003 will send
me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day
later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this
did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been
causing it to be blocked.

What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact
same email to work with Outlook?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Mark,

I have seen this in the past when the CRM server was set to handle
SMTP instead of the Exchange Server. During the CRM Server install if
you don't specify the Exchange Server it will use the CRM server by
default. There are registry hacks that will allow you specify Exchange
instead of the CRM Server and as long as the relay access is set up to
allow CRM mail to go through the Exchange Server your mail should
start to go through just as quickly as they are through Outlook.

~Dave

0
Dave
2/28/2007 6:11:49 PM

"Dave" wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I have seen this in the past when the CRM server was set to handle
> SMTP instead of the Exchange Server. During the CRM Server install if
> you don't specify the Exchange Server it will use the CRM server by
> default. There are registry hacks that will allow you specify Exchange
> instead of the CRM Server and as long as the relay access is set up to
> allow CRM mail to go through the Exchange Server your mail should
> start to go through just as quickly as they are through Outlook.
>
> ~Dave

I can see the messages in the Exchange queue, but they just get stuck there
with a state of Retry. If I send one from Outlook it goes into the same
queue. The outlook one gets sent and the CRM one stays in the queue.
Have you checked exchange logs to see if there is anything obvious.  Also
check on the exchange server if the virtual smtp host is allowed to relay.
The default is to set it with only those servers list below and the list
below is empty so you will have to explicitly allow your virtual smtp server.

Open Exchange System Manager then expand SERVERS and then expand Protocols.
Expand SMTP and right click on Default SMTP Virtual Server and select
properties.  The Default SMTP virtual Server Properties box appears.  Select
the ACCESS tab and click on the Relay button.  You will see the Only list
below radio button is selected.  If your MSCRM IIS/CRM is not listed then
click add.

Let me know how you get on.

--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"Matt Soukup" wrote:

> "Dave" wrote:
>
> > Mark,
> >
> > I have seen this in the past when the CRM server was set to handle
> > SMTP instead of the Exchange Server. During the CRM Server install if
> > you don't specify the Exchange Server it will use the CRM server by
> > default. There are registry hacks that will allow you specify Exchange
> > instead of the CRM Server and as long as the relay access is set up to
> > allow CRM mail to go through the Exchange Server your mail should
> > start to go through just as quickly as they are through Outlook.
> >
> > ~Dave
> >

> I can see the messages in the Exchange queue, but they just get stuck there
> with a state of Retry. If I send one from Outlook it goes into the same
> queue. The outlook one gets sent and the CRM one stays in the queue.
I assume that you want me to add the IP address of the CRM server to the
list. CRM and Exchange are running on the same server, so I don't see how
this would help.

"Michael Langdon" wrote:

> Have you checked exchange logs to see if there is anything obvious.  Also
> check on the exchange server if the virtual smtp host is allowed to relay.
> The default is to set it with only those servers list below and the list
> below is empty so you will have to explicitly allow your virtual smtp server.
>
> Open Exchange System Manager then expand SERVERS and then expand Protocols.
> Expand SMTP and right click on Default SMTP Virtual Server and select
> properties.  The Default SMTP virtual Server Properties box appears.  Select
> the ACCESS tab and click on the Relay button.  You will see the Only list
> below radio button is selected.  If your MSCRM IIS/CRM is not listed then
> click add.
>
> Let me know how you get on.
>
> --
> Rgds
>
> Michael
> MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
>

> "Matt Soukup" wrote:
>

> > "Dave" wrote:
> >
> > > Mark,
> > >
> > > I have seen this in the past when the CRM server was set to handle
> > > SMTP instead of the Exchange Server. During the CRM Server install if
> > > you don't specify the Exchange Server it will use the CRM server by
> > > default. There are registry hacks that will allow you specify Exchange
> > > instead of the CRM Server and as long as the relay access is set up to
> > > allow CRM mail to go through the Exchange Server your mail should
> > > start to go through just as quickly as they are through Outlook.
> > >
> > > ~Dave
> > >

> > I can see the messages in the Exchange queue, but they just get stuck there
> > with a state of Retry. If I send one from Outlook it goes into the same
> > queue. The outlook one gets sent and the CRM one stays in the queue.
Sorry did not realise this is hosted all on one server.  Are you using
Windows Server SBS or Windows Server and if Windows SBS are you installing
the MSCRM SBE version or Pro version?

--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"Matt Soukup" wrote:

> I assume that you want me to add the IP address of the CRM server to the
> list. CRM and Exchange are running on the same server, so I don't see how
> this would help.
>
> "Michael Langdon" wrote:
>
> > Have you checked exchange logs to see if there is anything obvious.  Also
> > check on the exchange server if the virtual smtp host is allowed to relay.
> > The default is to set it with only those servers list below and the list
> > below is empty so you will have to explicitly allow your virtual smtp server.
> >
> > Open Exchange System Manager then expand SERVERS and then expand Protocols.
> > Expand SMTP and right click on Default SMTP Virtual Server and select
> > properties.  The Default SMTP virtual Server Properties box appears.  Select
> > the ACCESS tab and click on the Relay button.  You will see the Only list
> > below radio button is selected.  If your MSCRM IIS/CRM is not listed then
> > click add.
> >
> > Let me know how you get on.
> >
> > --
> > Rgds
> >
> > Michael
> > MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

> > > I can see the messages in the Exchange queue, but they just get stuck there
> > > with a state of Retry. If I send one from Outlook it goes into the same
> > > queue. The outlook one gets sent and the CRM one stays in the queue.
This is a Server 2003 with Exchange 2003, not SBS. Sorry I should have stated
that it was the same server. I believe it is the Pro version of CRM.

Not all of the CRM emails fail, just alot of them. Could there be something
hidden in the CRM emails that could be causing the recipient to refuse the
email?

When one fails in CRM I copy the to, subject, body, and any attachments to
Outlook and send it again with no problem.

"Michael Langdon" wrote:

> Sorry did not realise this is hosted all on one server.  Are you using
> Windows Server SBS or Windows Server and if Windows SBS are you installing
> the MSCRM SBE version or Pro version?
>
> --
> Rgds
>
> Michael
> MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
>

> "Matt Soukup" wrote:
>
> > I assume that you want me to add the IP address of the CRM server to the
> > list. CRM and Exchange are running on the same server, so I don't see how
> > this would help.
> >
> > "Michael Langdon" wrote:
> >
> > > Have you checked exchange logs to see if there is anything obvious.  Also
> > > check on the exchange server if the virtual smtp host is allowed to relay.
> > > The default is to set it with only those servers list below and the list
> > > below is empty so you will have to explicitly allow your virtual smtp server.
> > >
> > > Open Exchange System Manager then expand SERVERS and then expand Protocols.
> > > Expand SMTP and right click on Default SMTP Virtual Server and select
> > > properties.  The Default SMTP virtual Server Properties box appears.  Select
> > > the ACCESS tab and click on the Relay button.  You will see the Only list
> > > below radio button is selected.  If your MSCRM IIS/CRM is not listed then
> > > click add.
> > >
> > > Let me know how you get on.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Rgds
> > >
> > > Michael
> > > MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

Is there anything common (apart from they fail) between the emails like same
domain?  If you send a second email via crm to an address that failed does
this also fail?
--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"Matt Soukup" wrote:

> This is a Server 2003 with Exchange 2003, not SBS. Sorry I should have stated
> that it was the same server. I believe it is the Pro version of CRM.
>
> Not all of the CRM emails fail, just alot of them. Could there be something
> hidden in the CRM emails that could be causing the recipient to refuse the
> email?
>
> When one fails in CRM I copy the to, subject, body, and any attachments to
> Outlook and send it again with no problem.
>
> "Michael Langdon" wrote:
>
> > Sorry did not realise this is hosted all on one server.  Are you using
> > Windows Server SBS or Windows Server and if Windows SBS are you installing
> > the MSCRM SBE version or Pro version?
> >
> > --
> > Rgds
> >
> > Michael
> > MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
> >

> > "Matt Soukup" wrote:
> >
> > > I assume that you want me to add the IP address of the CRM server to the
> > > list. CRM and Exchange are running on the same server, so I don't see how
> > > this would help.

Yes, they do appear to be domain related. All emails I try to send through
crm to a specific domain fail, even with different addresses. Not all domains
fail, but all emails through crm to a specific domain fail. Those same email
will work when going through outlook. That is why it is making me think crm
is putting some kind of a hidden marker in the email that is causing the
domains to refuse it.

"Michael Langdon" wrote:

> Is there anything common (apart from they fail) between the emails like same
> domain?  If you send a second email via crm to an address that failed does
> this also fail?
> --
> Rgds
>
> Michael
> MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
>

> "Matt Soukup" wrote:
>
> > This is a Server 2003 with Exchange 2003, not SBS. Sorry I should have stated
> > that it was the same server. I believe it is the Pro version of CRM.
> >
> > Not all of the CRM emails fail, just alot of them. Could there be something
> > hidden in the CRM emails that could be causing the recipient to refuse the
> > email?
> >
> > When one fails in CRM I copy the to, subject, body, and any attachments to
> > Outlook and send it again with no problem.
> >
> > "Michael Langdon" wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry did not realise this is hosted all on one server.  Are you using
> > > Windows Server SBS or Windows Server and if Windows SBS are you installing
> > > the MSCRM SBE version or Pro version?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Rgds
> > >
> > > Michael
> > > MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Select Method of Range class failing???
Hello, I keep getting the following error in my macro: Run-time error '1004': Select method of Range class failed When simply trying to select cell A1 in a worksheet of mine. I can' figure out for the life of me why this would be failing. Here's m script (literally): Range("A1").Select I am simply trying to position the cursor on a worksheet in preparatio for a possible operation. I have never had this fail on me before an I can't figure it out now. Any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks in advance, -Pet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelF...

Exchange update problem

Crash on 'Send"

Recieve Mail Before Sending

hyperlinking email addresses

Outlook 2003

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Incoming email slow to come in

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Exchange 2007 across account search

DNS Error on Exchange

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...

Is there a way to schedule a email to send out at a certain time?
I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm which should be 8am also. Please help! "Grace" <Grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1395D87B-2982-4800-8522-165781125E6A@microsoft.com... >I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. > For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm > which should be 8am also. Please help! The Sent time and the delivery time are completely separate. The Sent time that people will see w...