Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000

Hi NG,
I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I
installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG.

The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in
support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!)

Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000?

Thanks and Regards,
Bernd Michitsch
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes, they are supported.  Where are you sending those messages from?  The router
will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from
the outside.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:42:01 -0700, Bernd Michitsch
<BerndMichitsch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Hi NG,
I�ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I
installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG.

The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in
support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!)

Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000?

Thanks and Regards,
Bernd Michitsch

0
Matt
8/23/2005 3:02:15 AM
Thanks for replay!
I wrote from external mail account (hotmail and yahoo).. In the meantime I
could receive mails but just with one user!

If I use another I got the error message: Recipient could not be found in
the system!
I have to map it manually but in this case I have no entries on users
homepage! Exchange Properties CRMEmailEnabled checked - but router did not
work correct.

Perhaps you have some mor ideas...

Best Regards,
Bernd Michitsch

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Yes, they are supported.  Where are you sending those messages from?  The router
> will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from
> the outside.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:42:01 -0700, Bernd Michitsch
> <BerndMichitsch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hi NG,
> I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I
> installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG.
>
> The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in
> support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!)
>
> Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Bernd Michitsch

You mentioned "IG" to follow the steps to get the email routing going - what
is IG?  Can you provide a link to it?

Thanks

Alan

"Bernd Michitsch" wrote:

> Hi NG,
> I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I
> installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG.
>
> The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in
> support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!)
>
> Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Bernd Michitsch
Hi Alan,
with IG corresponds with Installation Guide... In the meantime I found the
problem together with Microsoft. We had forgotten to follow the steps in
Chapter: Pre Win 2000 Environments.

I don´t know why we have to do this but everything is working now..

Thanks for your replay!

Best Regards,
Bernd Michitsch

"Alan Hamilton" wrote:

> You mentioned "IG" to follow the steps to get the email routing going - what
> is IG?  Can you provide a link to it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Alan
>
> "Bernd Michitsch" wrote:
>
> > Hi NG,
> > I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I
> > installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG.
> >
> > The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in
> > support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!)
> >
> > Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000?
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Bernd Michitsch
Implementation Guide (ig.pdf on the doc CD).

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Bernd Michitsch" wrote:

> Hi NG,
> I�ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I
> installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG.
>
> The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in
> support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid
included!)

> Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Bernd Michitsch

0
Matt
9/21/2005 6:32:42 AM
Thanks - all clear now.

CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC Help
Forum Members: I am trying to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC) and Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45. I can't figure out how to get the CRM image up and running. My CRM files are loaded on an external hard drive. Please help! Thanks, Casey Please clarify: The CRM 3.0 VPC expired on 11/30/2008 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=57394BC8-5ECC-422E-A066-34189F48F8C8&displaylang=en Directions: For the VPC documentation and demonstration materials: download the VPC Documentation and Demonstrati...

invalid email address

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

Reporting from Project Server

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3

will CRM load on a 2003 server?