Exchange 2007, Exchange 2003 Mixed Environment For CRM

Hello all, we are currently in the process of bringing up a production
Exchange 2007 environment for our company. We are also looking to bring our
test and new development and production environments of CRM 3.0 online with
mail functionality. (Right now we have a test system setup with no Exchange
mail routing for CRM.)

My question is this.  In bringing up our new Exchange 2007 environment we
need to add a small Exchange 2003 server for the CRM mail 'router'.  What
process do we install the 2003 server in our 2007 environment and what role
/ install do we use for the Exchange 2003 server to act as that critical
router for CRM 3.0?

Our current design is as follows:
(2) Exchange 2007 Server Redundant Hub Transport an Client Access servers
(2) Exchange 2007 Server Mailbox Cluster servers
(1) Unified Messaging Server (Fax Server & BES)
(1) Exchange 2003 Server (Microsoft CRM 3.0 mail router and Office LCS)

Thanks much for any and all advice.

-Zac Anderson

0
Zac
3/23/2007 7:18:30 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:18:30 -0500, "Zac Anderson"
<zanderson@corptax.com> wrote:

>Hello all, we are currently in the process of bringing up a production
>Exchange 2007 environment for our company. We are also looking to bring our
>test and new development and production environments of CRM 3.0 online with
>mail functionality. (Right now we have a test system setup with no Exchange
>mail routing for CRM.)
>
>My question is this.  In bringing up our new Exchange 2007 environment we
>need to add a small Exchange 2003 server for the CRM mail 'router'.  What
>process do we install the 2003 server in our 2007 environment and what role
>/ install do we use for the Exchange 2003 server to act as that critical
>router for CRM 3.0?
>
>Our current design is as follows:
>(2) Exchange 2007 Server Redundant Hub Transport an Client Access servers
>(2) Exchange 2007 Server Mailbox Cluster servers
>(1) Unified Messaging Server (Fax Server & BES)
>(1) Exchange 2003 Server (Microsoft CRM 3.0 mail router and Office LCS)
>
>Thanks much for any and all advice.
>
>-Zac Anderson

The Exchange 2003 server needs to be in there before any of the
Exchange 2007 servers are established. Just leave it as a standard
server, i.e. don't convert it to be a BE.

0
Mark
3/23/2007 7:35:14 PM
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:18:30 -0500, "Zac Anderson"
<zanderson@corptax.com> wrote:

>Hello all, we are currently in the process of bringing up a production
>Exchange 2007 environment for our company. We are also looking to bring our
>test and new development and production environments of CRM 3.0 online with
>mail functionality. (Right now we have a test system setup with no Exchange
>mail routing for CRM.)
>
>My question is this.  In bringing up our new Exchange 2007 environment we
>need to add a small Exchange 2003 server for the CRM mail 'router'.  What
>process do we install the 2003 server in our 2007 environment and what role
>/ install do we use for the Exchange 2003 server to act as that critical
>router for CRM 3.0?
>
>Our current design is as follows:
>(2) Exchange 2007 Server Redundant Hub Transport an Client Access servers
>(2) Exchange 2007 Server Mailbox Cluster servers
>(1) Unified Messaging Server (Fax Server & BES)
>(1) Exchange 2003 Server (Microsoft CRM 3.0 mail router and Office LCS)
>
>Thanks much for any and all advice.
>
>-Zac Anderson

The Exchange 2003 server needs to be in there before any of the
Exchange 2007 servers are established. Just leave it as a standard
server, i.e. don't convert it to be a BE

Not sure I like the idea of you colocating a fax server and a BES on
the same box. You might want to ask your vendors about that before you
proceed.
The Exchange 2003 with LCS on it will be fine.

And are you sure you need a damn cluster?
0
Mark
3/23/2007 7:36:37 PM
Mark, thanks for your quick reply.  Being that I'm in the CRM support role
here I'll pass your suggestions along to our team lead who is implementing
the Exchange environment here at our company.

For the minimal things the Exchange 2003 box will be doing, can we run it on
a VM or a smaller desktop with some added memory?  What do you suggest we
plan for as far as the 2003 box.  I'm also curious as to how the CRM router
install goes - is it pretty straightforward for the setup?

Thanks,

-Zac

> The Exchange 2003 server needs to be in there before any of the
> Exchange 2007 servers are established. Just leave it as a standard
> server, i.e. don't convert it to be a BE
>
> Not sure I like the idea of you colocating a fax server and a BES on
> the same box. You might want to ask your vendors about that before you
> proceed.
> The Exchange 2003 with LCS on it will be fine.
>
> And are you sure you need a damn cluster?

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:18:30 -0500, "Zac Anderson"
> <zanderson@corptax.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello all, we are currently in the process of bringing up a production
>>Exchange 2007 environment for our company. We are also looking to bring
>>our
>>test and new development and production environments of CRM 3.0 online
>>with
>>mail functionality. (Right now we have a test system setup with no
>>Exchange
>>mail routing for CRM.)
>>
>>My question is this.  In bringing up our new Exchange 2007 environment we
>>need to add a small Exchange 2003 server for the CRM mail 'router'.  What
>>process do we install the 2003 server in our 2007 environment and what
>>role
>>/ install do we use for the Exchange 2003 server to act as that critical
>>router for CRM 3.0?
>>
>>Our current design is as follows:
>>(2) Exchange 2007 Server Redundant Hub Transport an Client Access servers
>>(2) Exchange 2007 Server Mailbox Cluster servers
>>(1) Unified Messaging Server (Fax Server & BES)
>>(1) Exchange 2003 Server (Microsoft CRM 3.0 mail router and Office LCS)
>>
>>Thanks much for any and all advice.
>>
>>-Zac Anderson

0
Zac
3/23/2007 10:00:07 PM
When you say "don't convert it to be a BE" what do you mean?

Should I use standard edition or enterprise edition for my CRM Exchange 2003
box?

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:18:30 -0500, "Zac Anderson"
> <zanderson@corptax.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello all, we are currently in the process of bringing up a production
>>Exchange 2007 environment for our company. We are also looking to bring
>>our
>>test and new development and production environments of CRM 3.0 online
>>with
>>mail functionality. (Right now we have a test system setup with no
>>Exchange
>>mail routing for CRM.)
>>
>>My question is this.  In bringing up our new Exchange 2007 environment we
>>need to add a small Exchange 2003 server for the CRM mail 'router'.  What
>>process do we install the 2003 server in our 2007 environment and what
>>role
>>/ install do we use for the Exchange 2003 server to act as that critical
>>router for CRM 3.0?
>>
>>Our current design is as follows:
>>(2) Exchange 2007 Server Redundant Hub Transport an Client Access servers
>>(2) Exchange 2007 Server Mailbox Cluster servers
>>(1) Unified Messaging Server (Fax Server & BES)
>>(1) Exchange 2003 Server (Microsoft CRM 3.0 mail router and Office LCS)
>>
>>Thanks much for any and all advice.
>>
>>-Zac Anderson
>>
> The Exchange 2003 server needs to be in there before any of the
> Exchange 2007 servers are established. Just leave it as a standard
> server, i.e. don't convert it to be a BE
>
> Not sure I like the idea of you colocating a fax server and a BES on
> the same box. You might want to ask your vendors about that before you
> proceed.
> The Exchange 2003 with LCS on it will be fine.
>
> And are you sure you need a damn cluster?

0
Zac
3/29/2007 8:07:52 PM
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:07:52 -0500, "Zac Anderson"
<zanderson@corptax.com> wrote:

>When you say "don't convert it to be a BE" what do you mean?

Probably a typo. I reckon I meand FE

>Should I use standard edition or enterprise edition for my CRM Exchange 2003
>box?

Whatever.
0
Mark
4/2/2007 8:52:18 PM
Hi there Mark.

I guess we will see what happens with Titan and Ex2007.

/:>

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:18:30 -0500, "Zac Anderson"
> <zanderson@corptax.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello all, we are currently in the process of bringing up a production
> >Exchange 2007 environment for our company. We are also looking to bring our
> >test and new development and production environments of CRM 3.0 online with
> >mail functionality. (Right now we have a test system setup with no Exchange
> >mail routing for CRM.)
> >
> >My question is this.  In bringing up our new Exchange 2007 environment we
> >need to add a small Exchange 2003 server for the CRM mail 'router'.  What
> >process do we install the 2003 server in our 2007 environment and what role
> >/ install do we use for the Exchange 2003 server to act as that critical
> >router for CRM 3.0?
> >
> >Our current design is as follows:
> >(2) Exchange 2007 Server Redundant Hub Transport an Client Access servers
> >(2) Exchange 2007 Server Mailbox Cluster servers
> >(1) Unified Messaging Server (Fax Server & BES)
> >(1) Exchange 2003 Server (Microsoft CRM 3.0 mail router and Office LCS)
> >
> >Thanks much for any and all advice.
> >
> >-Zac Anderson
> >
> The Exchange 2003 server needs to be in there before any of the
> Exchange 2007 servers are established. Just leave it as a standard
> server, i.e. don't convert it to be a BE
>
> Not sure I like the idea of you colocating a fax server and a BES on
> the same box. You might want to ask your vendors about that before you
> proceed.
> The Exchange 2003 with LCS on it will be fine.
>
> And are you sure you need a damn cluster?

You might try adding in some Virtual footprints to solve this issue.. to a
certain extent CRM does not directly talk to Exchange.. Also some of the
articles on clustered Exchange environments might shed some light.

--
Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
The Norwich Group

"Curt Spanburgh" <CurtSpanburgh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there Mark.
>
> I guess we will see what happens with Titan and Ex2007.
>
> /:>
>

> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:18:30 -0500, "Zac Anderson"
>> <zanderson@corptax.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello all, we are currently in the process of bringing up a production
>> >Exchange 2007 environment for our company. We are also looking to bring
>> >our
>> >test and new development and production environments of CRM 3.0 online
>> >with
>> >mail functionality. (Right now we have a test system setup with no
>> >Exchange
>> >mail routing for CRM.)
>> >
>> >My question is this.  In bringing up our new Exchange 2007 environment
>> >we
>> >need to add a small Exchange 2003 server for the CRM mail 'router'.
>> >What
>> >process do we install the 2003 server in our 2007 environment and what
>> >role
>> >/ install do we use for the Exchange 2003 server to act as that critical
>> >router for CRM 3.0?
>> >
>> >Our current design is as follows:
>> >(2) Exchange 2007 Server Redundant Hub Transport an Client Access
>> >servers
>> >(2) Exchange 2007 Server Mailbox Cluster servers
>> >(1) Unified Messaging Server (Fax Server & BES)
>> >(1) Exchange 2003 Server (Microsoft CRM 3.0 mail router and Office LCS)
>> >
>> >Thanks much for any and all advice.
>> >
>> >-Zac Anderson
>> >
>> The Exchange 2003 server needs to be in there before any of the
>> Exchange 2007 servers are established. Just leave it as a standard
>> server, i.e. don't convert it to be a BE
>>
>> Not sure I like the idea of you colocating a fax server and a BES on
>> the same box. You might want to ask your vendors about that before you
>> proceed.
>> The Exchange 2003 with LCS on it will be fine.
>>
>> And are you sure you need a damn cluster?

0
Anne

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Viewing group calendars in CRM

outlook 2007 e-mail

Margin trouble with Publisher 2003
Hi, all. I've created a brochure using the trifold template, and am having some issues. Some specs: Publisher 2003 Canon i9900 printer, capable of edge-to-edge printing The issue: I can't actually get the publication to print edge-to-edge without the graphics being stretched. Also the margins are messed up. Bryce Alan Katz wrote: > I can't actually get the publication to print edge-to-edge without the > graphics being stretched. Also the margins are messed up. In most printers that support borderless printing, the printer driver stretches the page over the edge (to ...

Outlook 2003 drag and drop option has disappeared. Why?
It seems my option to drag and drop messages from my inbox to folders has disappeard. I'm wondering if there is an on/off toggle somewhere I'm missing. Any ideas? What do you mean it has "disappeared?" What are you doing and what happens when you try? What information store are you using? -- Russ Valentine "Vic" <Vic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38487EA7-641D-4A9E-ADE3-B127E57DD8AA@microsoft.com... > It seems my option to drag and drop messages from my inbox to folders has > disappeard. I'm wondering if there is...